MHT CET Exam Pattern 2021: The State Common Entrance Test (SET) Cell, Maharashtra, has prescribed the exam pattern for the MHT CET 2021 on the official website. The MHT CET examination pattern 2021 helps candidates understand the marking scheme, exam mode, number of sections, weightage, duration, type of questions, total marks and how they should prepare and approach the MHT CET exam. MHT CET will be conducted separately for PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) and PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) groups.
MHT CET exam will be conducted from September 20 to October 01, 2021 in computer based test (CBT) mode. Candidates appearing for the MHT CET 2021 exam should check out the exam pattern during preparation/revision to understand the question paper format. To understand the MHT CET exam pattern thoroughly, check out this article.
Latest- MHT CET 2021 Admit Card Released!
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2021 – Key Highlights
|Name of exam||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET)|
|Exam conducting body||State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra|
|Mode of exam||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Number of papers||Paper 1 – PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)|
Paper 1 – PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
|Sections||Section 1- Physics and Chemistry|
Section 2- Mathematics
|Language||Mathematics will be in the English language|
Physics and Chemistry will be in English/Urdu/Marathi
|Duration||90 minutes for each paper|
|Type and Number of questions||150 MCQs (50 questions for each section)|
|Total Marks||200 (100 questions for each section)|
|Marking Scheme||– Mathematics – +2 marks for every correct answer|
– Physics & Chemistry – +1 mark for every correct answer.
– There is no negative marking
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2021
The MHT CET 2021 exam will be held from September 20 to October 01, 2021. The exam is going to be conducted through Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. The MHT CET exam itself will be divided into two papers – Paper 1 will include Physics and Chemistry, which is common for both PCM and PCB, while Paper-2 will be Mathematics and Biology, respectively, for both streams. Both papers Paper 1 and Paper 2, have to be completed within 90 minutes each. As the notification suggests, 20% weightage will be given to the syllabus from Class 11, while 80% weightage will be given to the syllabus from Class 12. You check the MHT CET Paper Pattern in detail below:
Paper Pattern of MHT CET 2021
|Paper I (Physics and Chemistry)||90||100|
Note: For the first 90 minutes, only Physics and Chemistry papers will be enabled. After 90 minutes Physics and Chemistry paper will be disabled, and it will be auto-submitted. From 91 to 180 minutes, only Maths paper will be enabled, which will auto-submit at the end of the time duration.
MHT CET 2021 Marking Scheme
- Candidates appearing for the MHT CET 2021 must know the marking scheme. As per the MHT CET exam pattern 2021 in Paper-I (Physics and Chemistry) candidates will be allotted one mark for each question, whereas in paper II (Mathematics), two marks will be given for each correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking and for unattempted answers, no marks will be deducted.
Marking Scheme for MHT CET 2021 Exam
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions|
from Class XI
|No. of Questions|
from Class XI
|Paper 1||Physics||10||40||1 Mark||50||(Physics + Chemistry) –|
|Paper 1||Chemistry||10||40||1 Mark||50||(Physics + Chemistry) –|
|Paper 1||Mathematics||10||40||2 Marks||100||90 minutes|
|Paper 2||Biology||20||80||1 Mark||100||90 Minutes|
MHT CET 2021 Exam Pattern – Weightage of Marks
Candidates can check below the chapter wise weightage for MHT CET 2021 Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Physics Chapter-wise Weightage
|Chapter Wise Weightage of Marks for MHT CET||Weightage |
|Kinetic Theory Of Gases And Radiation||12%|
|Atoms, Molecules, And Nuclei||8%|
|Magnetic Effects Of Electric Current||6%|
|Interference And Diffraction||4%|
|Electrons And Photons||3%|
|Wave Theory Of Light||2%|
Chemistry Chapter-wise Weightage
|Chapter Wise Weightage of Marks for MHT CET||Weightage|
|Chemical Thermodynamics And Energetics||15%|
|p-Block Elements – Group 15 To 18||9%|
|d And f Block Elements||8%|
|Alcohols, Phenols, And Ethers||8%|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||8%|
|Solutions And Colligative Properties||6%|
|Halogen Derivatives Of Alkanes And Arenes||5%|
|Aldehydes, Ketones And Carboxylic Acids||5%|
|Chemistry In Everyday Life||5%|
Mathematics Chapter-wise Weightage
|Chapter Wise Weightage of Marks for MHT CET||Weightage|
|Three Dimensional Geometry||8%|
|Applications of Derivatives||5%|
|Bernoulli Trials And Binomial Distribution||4%|
|Pair Of Straight Lines||5%|
|Linear Programming Problems||2%|
|Applications of Definite Integrals||4%|
MHT CET Exam Pattern 2021 – Important Points
- The entrance exam will comprise of 2 papers – Paper-I (Physics and Chemistry)) and Paper-II (Mathematics).
- There will be multiple types of questions in a random sequence. Candidates have to choose the correct response from the given four options.
- The difficulty level of the examination for Mathematics will be similar to JEE Main exam, whereas, for Physics and Chemistry, the difficulty level will be similar to NEET.
- The MHT CET question paper 2021 will be prepared based on the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education syllabus.
- As mentioned in the notification, 20 percent weightage will be given to the 11th standard syllabus and 80 percent to the 12th standard syllabus while setting the question paper.
- There will be no negative marking.
MHT CET 2021 Syllabus
The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra, releases the syllabus of MHT CET 2021 on the official website for aspiring candidates to prepare for the exam better. MHT CET Syllabus 2021 will help candidates in understanding the topics and sub-topics. By going through the syllabus, candidates can prepare well for the examination and score better. Check below some of the subtopics of MHT CET 2021:
Syllabus of MHT CET 2021
|Trigonometric II||Motion in a Plane||Some basic concepts of Chemistry||Biomolecules|
|Straight Line||Laws of Motion||Structure of atom||Respiration and Energy Transfer|
|Circle||Gravitation||Chemical Bonding||Human Nutrition|
|Measures of Description||Thermal Properties of Matter||Redox reactions||Excretion and Osmoregulation|
|Probability||Sound||Elements of groups 1 and 2||–|
|Complex Numbers||Optics||States of Matter |
(Gaseous and Liquids)
|Permutations and Combinations||Electrostatics||Adsorption and Colloids|
|Limits||–||Basic principles of Organic Chemistry||–|
MHT CET 2021 – Preparation Tips
Candidates who wish to appear for MHT CET are advised to start their preparation early instead of waiting until the last minute. Check some of the preparation tips for MHT CET given below:
- Candidates preparing for the exam must know the syllabus and paper pattern of Maharashtra CET.
- Try to get the best books available for the entrance exam to help clear the basic concepts.
- Make a schedule to prepare for the entrance exam and follow it strictly.
- Divide all the sections equally so that candidates do not miss any topic or sub-topics.
- Also, take mock tests available online and solve MHT CET sample papers and previous years’ question papers.
- Do not skip revision.
- Take proper sleep and eat properly.
FAQs About MHT CET Exam Pattern 2021
|Q1: How many marks are the MHT CET exam?|
A1: The total marks from all the questions in the MHT CET exam is 200.
|Q2: How difficult is the MHT CET 2021 exam?|
A2: While the exam pattern of the MHT CET exam mentions that it is on par with JEE Main and NEET, it can be said that the difficulty level of the MHT CET 2021 exam is easy to moderate.
|Q3: What is a good score for the MHT CET 2021 exam?|
A3: Looking at the percentile scores derived from marks in the past years, a score range of 149-165 is considered excellent, and a score above 113 is recommended for admission in some of the top institutes within Maharashtra.
|Q4: Is 70% good for the MHT CET exam?|
A4: Depending on the number of students that have appeared in the MHT CET exam and the cutoff for the year, it can be considered average or above-average score.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for the latest news and updates on MHT CET Exam Pattern 2021!1261 Views