NIOS Admission 2020-21: National Institute Of Open Schooling which is also known as National Open School is one of the largest National Board of Secondary Education in India. The National Institute Of Open Schooling (NIOS) offers education to many students through the means of Open and Distance Learning (ODL). Every year, the officials of NIOS will release the NIOS Admission Form through online mode for the students of Class 10 and 12.
Students who wish to secure an admission in National Institute of Open Schooling must fill up the application form before the deadline with all the required details. NIOS has namely four streams where students can apply for online admission in the National Open School. In this article, we will provide you with all the detailed information regarding the NIOS Admission Procedure 2019-20. Read on to find out.
NIOS Admission 2020-21
Before getting into the details of NIOS Admission, let’s have an overview of NIOS:
|Institute Name||National Institute Of Open Schooling|
|Education Type||Online and Distance Education|
|Level of the exam||National level|
NIOS Admission Dates For Secondary and Senior Secondary
|Block for Online Admission||Dates of Online Admission Stream-1||Fee||Examination in which the students can appear first time|
|Block-1 (April/May, 2020)||16th March – 31 July||Normal Fee||April/May, 2020|
|1 August – 15th August||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|16th August to 31st August||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|1st Sept. to 15th Sept||with late fee of Rs. 700/-|
|Block-II (October/November, 2020)||16th Sept. to 31st January||Normal Fee||October/November, 2020|
|1st February to 15th February||with late fee of Rs. 200/-|
|16th February to 28th February||with late fee of Rs. 400/-|
|1st March. to 15th March||with late fee of Rs. 700/-|
NIOS Admission Eligibility Criteria
Students who wish to seek admission in NIOS must meet the eligibility criteria specified by the officials. The eligibility criteria for securing admission in Secondary as well as Higher Secondary is listed below:
- Secondary or Class 10th: Students must have passed class 8 attested by Gazetted Officer and the minimum age of the candidate must be 14 years.
- Higher Secondary or Class 12th: Candidates who wish to secure an admission in class 12 must have passed their class 10 from a recognized university, and the minimum age of the candidate must be 15 years.
NIOS Admission Details
Candidates who wish to secure an admission in NIOS can fill up the admission form in online mode only and must register themselves. The registration of NIOS Admission can be done in any of the following acknowledgment:
- Students can visit the official website directly that is nios.ac.in to register themselves.
- Candidates can visit the nearest study or faculty center to register.
- Students can also visit the nearest NIOS Regional center to fill up the application form in online mode.
- Candidates can also make use of Common Service Centers which are under Govt to register.
Once the candidate is registered, the NIOS Admission is valid for five years, and a student can take 9 or less than 9 chances to complete the course in NIOS Admission period.
NIOS Admission: Subjects Offered
For different courses the subjects offered are tabulated below:
|Secondary||Hindi (201), English(202), Bengali(203), Marathi(204), Telugu(205), Urdu(206), Gujarati(207), Kannada(208), Sanskrit(209), Punjabi(210), Assamese (228),Nepali(231), Malayalam(232), Oriya(233), Arabic (235) Mathematics(211), Science(212), Social Science(213), Economics(214), Business Studies(215), Home Science(216), Psychology (222), Bhartiya Culture & Heritage (223), Painting (225), Data Entry Operations (229)|
|Senior Secondary||Hindi(301), English(302), Urdu(306), Bengali (303), Sanskrit (309), Mathematics(311), Physics(312), Chemistry(313) , Biology(314),History(315), Geography(316), Political Science(317), Economics(318), Commerce(319), Accountancy(320), Home Science(321),|
Stenography(Urdu) (329), Secretarial Practice(326), Psycology(328), Computer Science(330), Sociology(331), Painting (332), Mass Communication (335), Environmental science (333), Data entry Operations (333)
- Students must select 5 subjects with either one or two languages.
- Minimum of five subjects and 2 additional subjects can also be taken.
- The students are advised to select the subjects as per their plan of study and work.
NIOS Admission Procedure
How To Fill NIOS Application Form?
- – 1st Step: Candidates first need to go to the official website of NIOS for Secondary and Senior Secondary. Click on the “Register” button and follow the below procedure.
Enter the Basic details like
- Name of Candidate
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of Birth
- Aadhaar Number
- Mobile Number, Email ID, and Course.
After entering an OTP will be sent to your mobile number and email ID.
Enter Permanent Address and Correspondence Address
Enter Other Information like
- Social Category/Caste
- Type of Disability
- Medium of Study
- Guardian’s/Institution’s Name
- Your Previous Qualification
Enter Xth Board exam details like
- Year of Passing
- Roll Number
After filling all the details, tick the Declaration.
- – 2nd Step: Optional Details
- – 3rd Step: Subjects – Choose the Subjects that you want to apply for.
- – 4th Step: Study Centers – You need to select any three study centres according to your preferences.
- – 5th Step: Document Upload – These are the documents that you need to upload
- Signature Document
- Identity Document
- Xth Class Certificate
- Previous Qualification Certificate
- Address Proof
- Category/ Caste Certificate
- Disability Certificate
- Ex-serviceman Certificate
- Any Other Certificate
- 10th Certificate
- Type of the file can be JPEG/JPG/PNG/GIF.
- Size of the file should not exceed 1MB.
- – 6th Step: Review the details filled in the application form.
- – 7th Step: Now Process the fee payment and click on register.
- – 8th Step: The page will be directed to the acknowledgment page and candidates are advised to take printouts for future reference.
NIOS Admission: Application Fee
The Application Fee to fill the application form without late fee is tabulated below:
|SC/ST & PWD||990||1075|
The Application fee can be processed through online mode through any of the following means:
- Master Card
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
Cancellation Of NIOS Admission
The officials will cancel the admission if they found any of the following details in the application form:
- If the Admission form is incorrect or incomplete
- If the complete fees are not paid
- If the candidate has not fulfilled the eligibility criteria
- If the candidate has submitted wrong documents
- If there is any wrong information found
Once the admission cancelled, then it will be not re-considered and the fee paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
NIOS Admission Confirmation
The officials will notify the confirmation of NIOS Admission by issuing the identity card to the particular course along with the confirmation letter. Candidates are advised to check their details mentioned on confirmation letter and show the letter when reporting for further procedures. In case any information specified on the confirmation letter is wrong, then they must visit the AI, study centre to notify the issue.
NIOS Admission Procedure For On-Demand Courses
NIOS Admission Procedure For NEPIA
FAQs Regarding NIOS Admission 2020-21
A: The NIOS Registration fee for Stream 1 is Rs.480/-, whereas, for the Stream 2, 3, 4 is Rs.480/-.
A. The list of documents required for NIOS Admission for senior secondary are listed below:
Xth Class Certificate
Previous Qualification Certificate
Category/ Caste Certificate
Any Other Certificate
A. Students or parents who have applied for NIOS Admission will receive an Identity Card and Confirmation Letter. Those students who have got this intimation letter will be admitted in NIOS.
A. Generally, the officials of NIOS will take at least 30 to 45 days to verify the candidate’s admission.
A. Yes, NIOS is valid for ITI.
Now you are provided with all the detailed information regarding NIOS Admission 2020-21. Students can practice and learn the syllabus of Class 10 and Class 12 on Embibe. Students can also take free Class 10 and Class 12 Mock Tests on Embibe which gives you detailed exam analysis. With the help of this analysis, you can easily identify your weaker areas that is where you are making mistakes and how to improve them. By practising and taking these mock tests continuously you will easily improve your academic knowledge as well as crack any competitive entrance exams easily.
We hope the detailed article on NIOS Admission is helpful. If you have any doubts regarding this article or NIOS Admission 2020-21, reach us through the comment section and we will get back to you as soon as possible.4287 Views