NTSE Scholarship 2021: The NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) will be conducting the NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) stage 2 exams on October 24, 2021. Candidates who got shortlisted in the stage 1 examination will be eligible to appear for the exams. NCERT will release the NTSE Stage-II 2021 admit cards on October 8, 2021. Students can download their NTSE Stage-II examination admit card from the official website once released.
The stage-I exam is a state-level exam held by all the state and Union Territories of India, while stage-II is a national-level exam and will be conducted for those students who will qualify the stage-I. The NTSE exams are held in two papers: Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). Furthermore, the scholarship will be awarded to students who will successfully clear both stage-I and stage-II. The scholarship will be given based on the overall performance of students in stage-I and stage-II. It is important to note that the NTSE examination forms are filled online and the examinations are held offline.
As mentioned above, the NTSE scholarship is awarded to the students who qualify both the stages of the exams through the different stages of their education. Students also receive additional advantages apart from the monetary benefits. In this article, we will provide you with detailed information about the NTSE Scholarship exam. Scroll down to find out.
NTSE Scholarship 2021: An Overview
The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is one of the most competitive exams in India. NTSE Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship program for students of Class 10 from all over the country. The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) conducts the exam every year and 1000 meritorious students are selected for the NTSE scholarship. Before getting into details of NTSE Scholarship exam 2021, let’s have an overview of the NTSE 2021 exam:
|Name of the Exam||NTSE|
|NTSE Full Form||National Talent Search Examination|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
|Eligibility||Must be pursuing Class 10 and should be below 18 years of age.|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Stages||2 (Stage 1 – State-level and Stage 2 – National-level)|
|Number of Sections in Each Stage||2|
|Total Number of Questions in Each Stage||200|
|Total Marks for Each Stage||200|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Penalty for Wrong Answers||No negative marking|
|Language||1. Stage-I: English or any regional language as opted by the students.|
2. Stage-II: English or Hindi
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|NTSE Scholarship Portal||ncert.nic.in/national-talent-examination.php|
NTSE Scholarship Amount 2021
The exemplary students who are shortlisted after clearing both stages will be awarded scholarships every month. Recently, only the top 1000 students hold a chance to obtain this scholarship and the merit list is provided by NCERT. Students receive the scholarship at the different stages of their education as follows:
NTSE Scholarship Money 2021
|NTSE Scholarship during Class 11 and 12||Rs 1250 per month|
|NTSE Scholarship during UG and PG||Rs 2000 per month|
|NTSE Scholarship during PhD||As per UGC norms|
NTSE Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The NTSE eligibility differs for every stage. The NCERT lays down the eligibility criteria. Before applying for the NTSE Scholarship exam, students should check the eligibility criteria. Below, we have provided the detailed eligibility criteria for NTSE exams 2021:
NTSE Scholarship 2021: Eligibility Criteria for Regular and Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Students
- Only students of Class 10 in any recognized school, including students under Open & Distance Learning can apply.
- The student must be an Indian Citizen.
- The students must be below the age of 18.
- As there are no domicile restraints, the students from any state or UT can apply.
- The students should not be involved in any kind of employment.
NTSE Scholarship 2021: Eligibility Criteria for Abroad Students
The students who are pursuing their education abroad can also attempt the NTSE exam by agreeing to the following conditions:
- The students studying abroad must be of Indian National.
- The students pursuing their class 10 or similar class do not have to appear for stage-I and can directly appear for stage-II examinations.
- The students must receive a minimum of 60% in class 9 examinations.
- The students must opt for an examination centre in India only.
Documents Required for NTSE 2021 Registration
Before the students begin to fill the NTSE form 2021, it is important for them to keep the below-mentioned documents ready with them, to save time and chaos:
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Contact Number
- Email ID
- Educational Certificate
- Residential Proof
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
How To Apply For NTSE Scholarship 2021?
The below-mentioned steps are to be followed while filling the NTSE registration form 2021:
- Download the NTSE Application From the official website.
- Fill the Application Form and attach all the necessary documents.
- Get it signed by your School Principal.
- Submit NTSE application form to the State Liaison Officer along with the application fees.
NTSE Admit Card 2021
The NTSE admit card for stage 1 will be issued by the official authorities of the respective state and UTs. Furthermore, the admit card for stage 2 will be issued on the official website of NCERT. The NCERT will release the NTSE stage 2 2021 admit cards on October 8, 2021. Students attempting the examination can download their NTSE stage 2 admit card from the official website once released.
Steps to download the NTSE Admit Card for 2021
Students can follow the below-mentioned steps to download the NTSE Admit Card for 2021:
- Go to the official website of NCERT: ncert.nic.in
- Go to “Programmes” and click on “National Talent Search Examination” from the menu.
- Click on “Admit card for NTS Stage-II Examination-2021”.
- Fill the essential details such as roll number, date of birth, etc., and click on “Submit”.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen. Download the Admit card and save it for future reference.
NTSE Scholarship Selection Process
NTSE is a 2 stage selection process exam and candidates will have to qualify in both stages to get the scholarship. Stage I selection is done by States / UTs after a written examination. Students that qualify Stage I are eligible to appear for Stage-II examination by NCERT. Qualifying marks of Candidates from the General category is 40% in every paper and the candidates from SC, ST, PH it is 32% in each paper.
NTSE Scholarship: Other Advantages Of Being An NTSE Scholar
The various advantages of being an NTSE scholar as listed below:
- Preparing for and cracking the NTSE builds confidence to appear for various other competitive exams. In fact, most of the NTSE scholars become top rankers in competitive entrance exams JEE Main, JEE Advanced, NEET, and AIIMS.
- NTSE Scholarship is your gateway to the topmost colleges in India. Many colleges in India have seats reserved for NTSE scholars.
- Students planning to join foreign universities for their higher studies get an edge over other students if they are NTSE scholars.
- NTSE scholars are given higher preference when it comes to jobs, both in private and government sectors.
- NTSE scholars also get preference in selection for NDA.
- Study material and various courses are available at a discounted price for NTSE scholars.
To crack the exam, students should create a realistic and smart NTSE Preparation Plan. Ideally, preparation for NTSE must begin right from Class 9 as certain portions of the CBSE Class 9 Syllabus to are included in the NCERT syllabus.
Students must solve a sufficient number of NTSE Practice Questions in a time-bound manner every time they complete a chapter. They must master each and every chapter as they cannot afford to lose out marks. Lakhs of students appear in NTSE every year and to be in the top 1000, one needs to be extraordinarily strong in academics. Students must also be strong in other skills like time management, question selection, etc. In order to develop a smart test-taking strategy, students must take NTSE Mock Tests. Embibe provides the necessary practice questions and mock tests for NTSE for free. Students must make the best use of these resources of Embibe.
Take Free NTSE Mock Tests On Embibe
FAQs on NTSE Scholarship 2021
The frequently asked questions regarding the NTSE exam are given below:
Q.1. How many scholarships can I get for NTSE?
Ans: Students who are recognized as NTSE Scholars will receive the following amount:
1. Class 11 and 12 Students: Rs 1250 per month
2. UG and PG Students: Rs 2000 per month
3. PhD Students: As per UGC norms
Q.2. How can I avail the NTSE scholarship?
A. Students will have to appear for the exam and qualify through the same to avail of the scholarship.
Q.3. When will the NTSE 2021 Stage-II exam be conducted?
Ans: NTSE Stage-II Exams 2021 will be conducted on October 24.
Q.4. Which type of questions will be asked in NTSE 2021?
Ans: The NTSE 2021 will include only the multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
Q.5. What are the two categories of the NTSE 2021 exam?
Ans: The two categories of the NTSE 2021 exam are MAT (Mental Ability Test) and SAT (Scholastic Ability Test).
As you can see, getting the NTSE exam could help in every aspect of academic life and career. Every student studying in Class 10 must appear for NTSE and give their best shot in the exam. Being an NTSE scholar is highly prestigious that guarantees security in academics and provides high job prospects.
Now that you are provided with all the necessary information regarding NTSE Scholarship and we hope this detailed article is helpful. If you have any queries regarding this article or NTSE Scholarship, ping us through the comment box below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.743 Views