CDS Exam Centres 2020: Combined Defence Services (CDS) is going to conduct the CDS I exam on February 2, 2020. CDS notification was released on October 30, 2020. The exam will be conducted in 41 different CDS exam centres across the country. Aspirants who are going to fill up the CDS application form are required to select any three exam centres based on their convenience. Out of these three, any one exam centre will be allocated to the candidate.
Note that the UPSC will allocate the CDS exam centre on the first come first serve basis. So, fill up the CDS application form as soon as possible in order to get your desired CDS exam centres. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information about CDS exam centres. Read on to find out.
CDS Exam Centres 2020
The 41 CDS exam centres where UPSC is going to conduct CDS 2020 exam are tabulated below:
|7||Chandigarh||Punjab and Haryana|
|19||Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir|
|30||Port Blair||Andaman and Nicobar|
|31||Prayagraj (Allahabad)||Uttar Pradesh|
|37||Srinagar||Jammu and Kashmir|
CDS Exam Centres: Important Points
Here are a few important points about CDS exam centres:
- Every exam centre can take up to a certain number of students for the CDS written exam. Once all the seats have been allocated to the candidates, UPSC will no longer allocate seats to any candidate in the same centre (this is called ceiling). That’s why it is recommended that candidates fill the CDS application form as soon as possible.
- In case all the seats in a particular CDS exam centre are allocated, the next exam centre selected by the candidate will be allocated if the seats are not filled.
- The ceiling is not applicable for these exam centres: Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata, and Nagpur.
- UPSC has the right to change the centre if the situation demands.
- Candidates will be informed of the exam centre through the admit card. CDS admit card will include the name of the exam centre, date and time of reporting at the exam centre.
- No request to change the exam centre will be entertained by the conducting authority.
CDS Exam Centres: Guidelines
Here are some important guidelines for CDS candidates:
- Candidates must not carry mobile phones even if it is in switched off mode. Any electronics items like pager/electronic equipment/programmable device/storage media (pen drive or smartwatches, etc.)/camera/Bluetooth devices/any other equipment/related accessories that can be used as a communication device, is banned.
- If any candidate is still bringing any of the above items or the items present in the list of “not permitted” items mentioned below, then they are advised to keep it outside the exam hall.
- Disciplinary action including ban from all future exams can be taken if the above rule is found to be violated.
- No one will be responsible if any of the candidate’s item is stolen.
- Articles that are permitted inside the exam hall are:
a. Clipboard or hardboard (on which nothing is written)
b. Good quality black ball pen for marking responses on the answer sheet
- Articles that are not permitted inside the exam hall are:
c. Loose sheets or rough sheets pertaining to the earlier session
d. Electronic or any other type of calculators,
e. Mathematical and drawing instruments,
f. Log tables, slide rules, test booklets
g. Mobile phones, Bluetooth device, pagers or any other communication devices.
We hope this detailed article on CDS exam centres helps you. If you have any query then feel free to ask us in the comment section below and we will be glad to help you.
Stay tuned at embibe.com to know more about the CDS exam.933 Views