CDS Application Form 2021: Union Public Service Commission has released the CDS notification for Combined Defence Services (I) 2021 exam on October 28, 2020. The CDS Application Form is also made available on the same day, i.e. October 28 (after the notification is released). The last date to apply online for CDS (1) 2021 exam is November 17, 2020.
CDS 1 2021 Application Form is available on the official website of UPSC. i.e. upsconline.nic.in. Candidates need to check the CDS eligibility criteria to apply online for the exam. CDS Application Process consists of online registration, fee payment, filling of the application form, and uploading the required documents. In this article, we have provided all the information on CDS Application Form 2020. Read on to find out!
CDS Application Form 2020-21
Let us first go through the important dates for CDS I 2021:
|Release of CDS Notification||October 28, 2020|
|Release of Online Application Form||October 28, 2020|
|Last Date for Receiving CDS Application Form||November 17, 2020|
|Withdrawal of Application Form||November 24 to 30, 2020|
|Release of CDS 1 Admit Card||January 2nd Week, 2021 (Tentative)|
|CDS 1 Written Exam||February 7, 2021|
|Declaration of CDS 1 Result||March Last Week, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Declaration of Final Result||Expected in November 2021|
Here are the important dates for CDS II 2020:
|CDS Notification Date & Release of Online Application Form||August 05, 2020|
|Last Date for Receiving CDS Application Form||August 25, 2020 (till 6 PM)|
|Release Date of CDS 2 Admit Card||October 15, 2020|
|CDS 2 Written Exam||November 8, 2020|
|Declaration of CDS 2 Result||December Last Week 2020 (Tentative)|
|Declaration of Final Result||Expected in August 2021|
CDS Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the CDS eligibility laid down by the officials before applying for the exam. Check the CDS eligibility criteria from below:
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||Born not earlier than 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st January 2003|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||Born not earlier than 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st January 2003|
|Indian Air Force Academy||Born not earlier than 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st January 2002|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men)||Born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2003|
|Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||Born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2003|
|Academy||Educational Qualification Required|
|IMA||Graduate Degree from a Recognized University|
|INA||Engineering Degree from a Recognized University|
|AFA||Graduate Degree with Physics & Maths at 10+2 or|
BE from a Recognized University
|OTA||Graduate Degree from a Recognized University|
Stages Of CDS Registration 2020-21
Check the stages involved in CDS registration from below:
- Part 1 Registration
- Fee Payment
- Photo, Signature & Photo Identity Card Upload
- Centre Selection & Agreeing to Declaration
The image below depicts the CDS registration stages:
Prerequisites For CDS Online Registration
Candidates must be ready with the following to apply online for CDS registration 2020-21.
- – Valid Phone Number
- – A valid Email ID
- – Scanned Copy of Photograph, Signature & Photo ID Proof
- – Matriculation Certificate & other Educational Documents (to fill the application form)
Photo, Sign, and Photo Identity Card Specifications
|Scanned Copy of||Size||Format|
|Photograph||20 KB – 300 KB||JPG|
|Signature||20 KB – 300 KB||JPG|
|Photo ID Card||20 KB – 300 KB|
How To Apply Online For CDS 1 2021?
CDS application form has two parts: Part-I and Part-II.
Part-I: This involves Registration wherein candidates have to enter their Personal Details and other information. Upon successful registration, a Registration ID will be generated which will be required to proceed on to Part 2 of filling up the CDS application form.
Part-II: In Part 2, candidates have to enter their Payment Details, Examination Centre, and upload Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card, and Declaration.
CDS Registration: Part I
- –1st Step: Vist the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Official link –upsconline.nic.in.
- –2nd Step: Click on ‘ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC’ (refer to the image below).
- –3rd Step: You will see the Examination code ‘CDS I’. Click on ‘Click Here for Part I’ (refer to the image below).
- –4th Step: Read the instructions carefully which is available both in Hindi and English. Next click on “Yes” (refer to the image below).
- –5th Step: Enter the following details:
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Nationality – India/Others
- Marital Status – Unmarried/Married/Widow/Widower/Divorcee
- Community – EWS/General/OBC/SC/ST
- Do You Belong to Minority – Yes or No
- Fee Remission Allowed – Yes or No
Educational Qualification: Candidate has to select any one of the following:
- Final year degree or equivalent examination (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level
- The final year of Engineering degree examination
- Final year degree or equivalent examination with other subjects (i.e. other than those mentioned)
Address/Residential Address Details:
- Postal Address
- District / City District
- State / UT States
- PIN Code
- Phone no. with Area Code
- Email ID
- Phone Number
- –6th Step: Click on “Continue”.
- -7th Step: Enter the following:
- Photo Identity Card details,
- Whether or not you hold Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India),
- Preferences among IMA, NA, AFA, and OTA, and other details.
- –8th Step: Click on “Continue”.
- –9th Step: Validate all the information that you have provided, enter the Captcha and click on “I Agree”.
- –10th Step: Your Registration ID will be generated. Note it down.
CDS Registration Part II
Once your Registration ID is generated, you can click on ‘Click Here for Part II Registration’. You will see the option to continue by entering your Registration ID, Date of Birth, and Captcha.
If you want to complete the Part-II registration later, you can just leave and come back later and continue by following the steps as under:
- -1st Step: Log on to upsconline.nic.in.
- -2nd Step: Click on ‘ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC’.
- -3rd Step: You will see the Examination code ‘CDS I’. Click on ‘Click Here for Part II’ (refer to the image below).
- -4th Step: Enter your Registration ID, Date of Birth, and Captcha.
- -5th Step: Click on ‘Submit’.
- -6th Step: Select your mode of payment and make payment of the fee. If you choose offline payment, then you have to generate e-challan and make the payment in one of the branches of SBI.
- -7th Step: Once the application fee has been paid, you have to select your preferences for the exam center.
- -8th Step: Upload your Photograph, Signature, and Photo ID Proof.
- –9th Step: Agree to the Declaration and submit the application form.
CDS Application Fee
The CDS application fee for different categories is tabulated below:
|Female/SC/ST Candidates||Not Required to Pay|
Mode of Payment
Candidates can pay the application fee in online as well as in offline mode as per their convenience.
- Online: The application fee can be paid through SBI’s net banking facility or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
- Offline: Payment of application fee can also be made by depositing the fee in any branch of SBI or bank account. Upon depositing the fee, candidates are required to enter the details of the paid receipt in order to complete the payment.
Withdrawal Of CDS (I) Application Form 2021
If a candidate does not wish to appear for the examination, he/she can withdraw the CDS application form. But the candidate should note that the CDS application fee will not be refunded.
- The withdrawal date of CDS online application form is November 24 to 30, 2020.
- Candidates are required to provide the details of the registered application with Registration ID.
- After submitting the request to withdraw the CDS application form, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID. It will be valid for 30 minutes.
- Upon validating the OTP, the candidate’s application form will be considered for withdrawal.
CDS Application Form 2020-21: Key Points
Check the key points on CDS Application Form from below;
- – Make sure that you apply for the CDS exam on time and not wait for the last date.
- – Candidates are to submit a single application that is complete in all manner. Due to an unavoidable situation, if a candidate submits multiple applications, the recent one will be considered for scrutiny. So, in such a case, make sure that the recent application is complete in all aspects.
- – Applications without the payment of the prescribed fee (except for candidates who are exempted from fee payment) will be rejected.
- – Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centers (except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata, and Nagpur). Therefore, allotment of centers will be on the ‘first-apply-first allot’ basis, and once the capacity of a particular center is attained, the same will be frozen.
We have now provided you with all the relevant details on CDS Application Process. Check the detailed steps to apply online from here.
FAQs On CDS Application Form
Here are some frequently asked questions and their answers:
Ans: The CDS Application form is released on October 28, 2020.
Ans: Candidates can apply till November 17, 2020.
Ans: The official website for applying for CDS exam is upsconline.nic.in. The CDS notification is released on upsc.gov.in.
Ans: Applicants can expect the CDS Admit Card to be released 3 weeks before the exam i.e. by the second week of January 2021.
We hope that we have managed to provide you with all the necessary details on the CDS application form. If you have any queries, then feel free to ask in the comment section below and we will be glad to help you out.4191 Views