CDS Exam Notification 2020: The Union Public Service Commission or UPSC is scheduled to release the Combined Defense Services or CDS 2 2020 official notification on August 5, 2020. CDS II Exam is scheduled to be conducted on November 8, 2020. Interested candidates can check this article to know about CDS Exam Notification II 2020.
In this article, you can find about CDS 2 2020 important dates, eligibility criteria, vacancy, selection process, how to apply, exam pattern, admit card.
CDS Exam Notification 2020
Here is an overview of CDS Exam 2020:
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Frequency of Exam||Twice in a year, February and November|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Selection Process||Written, SSB Interview|
|After Selection||Training at IMA/ OTA/ INA/ AFA|
|Exam Duration||One day|
- – Combined Defence Services Examination is conducted to recruit candidates for serving in the prestigious defense organizations of India.
- – Candidates who pass the CDS Exam will be called for SSB Interview at Service Selection Board (SSB) centers.
- – After the medical test and submission of documents, the selected candidates will be given 4-year training in the
- — Indian Military Academy (IMA),
- — Officers Training Academy (OTA),
- — Indian Naval Academy (INA), and
- — Air Force Academy (AFA).
CDS Exam Notification 2020: Important Dates
Below are the CDS important dates that will help you plan your study accordingly:
|CDS 2 Notification Releasing on||August 5, 2020|
|Online Application Starts on||August 5, 2020|
|Last date to apply||August 25, 2020|
|Admit Card||3 weeks before the exam|
|CDS 2 Written Exam||November 8, 2020|
|CDS 2 Result||Expected by last week of December 2021|
or 1st week of January 2021
|Final Result||Expected in August 2021|
Note: The expected dates are provided based on the previous year’s data.
CDS Exam Notification 2020: CDS Vacancy
According to the CDS 1 Notification, there were a total of 418 vacancies available for various posts.
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||45|
|Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)||225|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad- (Pre Flying)||32|
|Officer’s Training Academy, Chennai- 27th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course||16|
CDS Exam Notification 2020: CDS Eligibility Criteria
Here are the eligibility criteria that candidates have to meet in order to appear for the CDS Exam:
- Nationality: Unmarried and must be a citizen of India/ Bhutan/ Nepal/ Tibetan refugee/ person of Indian origin.
- Age Limit: 17 to 24 years.
- Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent OR Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution OR Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
How To Apply For CDS Exam?
Candidates can follow the below steps to apply for CDS exam:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of the UPSC i.e. upsconline.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the notification “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC”.
- – 3rd Sep: Against the CDS exam, click on ‘Part-I Registration‘
- – 4th Step: Fill the personal, communication and educational qualification details.
- – 5th Step: After finishing Part-I, a registration ID will be generated.
- – 6th Step: Now go to the Part-II and enter your registration ID to pay the application fee.
- – 7th Step: Select the exam centre.
- – 8th Step: Upload the scanned copy of Photo, signature, Photo ID and mark sheet.
- – 9th Step: After finishing Part-II, Click on “I Agree to the Declaration” and submit the application form.
CDS Application Fees: Rs. 200/- except for Female/SC/ST. The Application Fees can be paid through online or offline mode.
CDS Exam Notification 2020: CDS Exam Pattern
The CDS paper pattern for the Written Exam is as under:
|Subjects||Number of Questions / Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|English||120 / 100||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100 / 100||2 hours|
|General Knowledge (GK)||120 / 100||2 hours|
|Total||340 / 300||6 hours|
For candidates who want admission in OTA, only English and GK will be asked (i.e. total questions of 240 for 200 marks needed to be finished in 4 hours of duration).
- – For every correct attempt, the candidate will be getting 1 mark.
- – There will be negative marking for every wrong attempt. A total of one-third marks i.e. 0.33 marks will be deducted.
|Check detailed CDS Exam Pattern||Click Here|
|Check complete CDS Syllabus||Click Here|
CDS Exam Notification 2020: SSB Interview
After the exam, candidates whose names are there in the merit list will receive the SSB call letter where the reporting date and time for SSB Interview will be mentioned. The aspirants then need to report at the SSB center and pass all the tests. The duration of the SSB Interview will be 5 days usually. It will consist of psychological and intelligence tests.
Once the candidate has cleared the SSB interview then they will be called for a medical check and upon successful clearance, candidates will be sent to the respective academy. Candidates are also required to submit their original documents before joining the respective academy
|Check Out Detailed CDS Selection Process||Click Here|
CDS Exam Notification 2020: CDS Admit Card
Candidates can download the CDS 2020 admit card from the official website of UPSC. CDS e-Admit Card will be issued three weeks before the commencement of the exam. Aspirants will be notified about the availability of the admit card once it is made available. It is to be noted that no CDS hall ticket will be sent to candidates by post.
|Check More About CDS Admit Card||Click Here|
We hope that this article on CDS Exam Notification has helped you. If you have any queries then you can ask us in the comment section below. Also, you can try CDS Mock Tests from Embibe’s Online Tyari platform. All the mock tests are free. Online Tyari has also mock tests for other government exams as well.
|For more information on CDS Exam||Click Here|
Stay tuned with embibe to know more about CDS 2020.924 Views