Prepare for Bank PO exam by following these tips and tricks. Here are a few pointers for you to consider.
1. Plan wisely
Planning is an essential part of your studies. So invest time in creating a solid plan where you add all important tasks, breaks, revision, practice and tests. Take help from your teachers if you need to. Identify your weakness and strengths, and work on them.
2. Stay updated
Be well informed by keeping yourself up to date with current affairs, daily events, and activities. You should know everything about banking and finance industry. Staying updated is your master key to unlock your exams. Read newspaper, magazines regularly.
3. Study topic wise
It’s important to focus on one topic at a time. It will help you to stay focused. So concentrate on a single topic at a time. Also, practice more questions on the various topics.
4. Be thorough with your GK
General Knowledge is a scoring subject. Focus on– Current events, banking awareness, sports, business news, political news and film & television, etc. Read GK books and magazines to clear your doubt about current affairs.
5. Manage your time like a pro
It’s crucial that you time your efforts. Manage your time efficiently by practicing as much as you can. Solve previous year questions, it will help you to save your time ibps exam.
6. Give Mock tests
As many as possible. It will help you to complete your syllabus on time in the given time frame. It will also help to give you a fair idea of how the paper is going to look like.
7. Keep revising all topics
It is one of the most important part of your study ritual. Revise your syllabus. It’s important to revise topics to retain the information. Through revision, you will be able to focus on your weak areas.
8. Be Confident
It’s really important that you remain confident till your exam period time. Concentrate on areas you need to focus on and then work.
9. Take care of your diet and stress
Be calm while preparing for your exams. Keep personal problems away. Stay focused. Drink plenty of water, avoid junk food and be happy.
- Pie – Charts
- Bar Graphs
- Data Analysis
- Line Graphs
- Case lets
- Combined data sets
- Probability/ Series
- Time & work
- Time & separation
- Benefit & loss
- Stocks & shares
- Surface area
- Height & distances
- Permutation & combination
- Simple & compound interest
- Equations and probability
- Number System
- Surds & Indices
- Chain rule
- Pipes & Cisterns
- Time & Distances
- Problems on trains
- Boats & streams
- Allegation & mixtures
- permutations & combinations
- Seating Arrangement – Circular table and Line (North & South)
- Blood Relation
- Inequality or Decision Making
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning
- Input Output
- Number series
- Statement and Argument
- Passage and conclusion
- Coding and decoding
- Order and ranking
- Making judgments
- Word formation
- Sentence completion
- Theme detection
- Deriving conclusions
- Passage completion
- Error detection
- Passage correction
- Sentence correction
- Knowledge of current events
- Sports , history, geography, culture,Indian constitutions
- News about technology and research
- News on India and its neighboring countries
- News related to Reserve Bank of India
- Banking Awareness
- Financial Awareness (Union Budget/ Railway Budget)
- Economics news
- Current Affairs – Questions can be asked from various fields such as, National, International, Awards, Sports, Defence, Summits, Appointment, Books & Authors and Obituary, etc
- Basics of Marketing.
- Marketing Strategies.
- Market Segmentation.
- Marketing Management.
- Marketing Mix.
- Developing stage of organization.
- Products Life Cycle.
- 4 P’s and 4 C’s of marketing.
- Computer hardware & Software
- Operating System concepts
- Shortcut keys
- MS word, excel
- MS power point, access
- Internet & networks
- Basic security concepts
- Latest technologies
- Basic of Computer
- Generation of Computer
- Short forms (Eg. Jpeg, mp3, pdf)
- Android and Apple related news
Coding & decoding
Letter & symbol series
Statement and argument
Making judgements etc
Ministers & portfolios
Top news in business, sports, culture & entertainment
Prominent committees & their heads
Budget & Plans
Books and Authors
Awards and Honours
Science Inventions and Discovery
Important Days & Dates etc.
Work and Time, Time and Distance, Problem on Train, Boat & Stream
Profile & Loss, Percentage
Ratio & Proportion, Partnership
Simple Interest, Compound Interest
Fill in the Blanks, Articles etc
Best Books for IBPS PO
- Numerical Ability and Quantitative Aptitude ; For Competitive Examinations (English) – P.K. Mittal
- General Intelligence & Test Of Reasoning, 2/e PB (English)- S. thorpe
- A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning (English) Revised Edition – R.S. Aggarwal
- Objective Computer Awareness: For General Competitive Exams (English) – Arihants
- Computer Literacy And Knowledge for Bank PO and Bank Clerk Exam – Kiran Prakashan
- Computer Knowledge – R. Pillai
- Encyclopaedia Of General Knowledge & General Awareness (English) – R.P. Verma
- General Awareness and Current Affairs Digest (English)- M. Laxminath
- Modern Banking in India – Dimensions and Risks (English) – R . K Uppal
- Text Book of Quickest Mathematics: Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Ability Useful for all Competitive Exams– Aditha B.Rao
- Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude Books by R S Aggarwal
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M.Tyra
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations (English)– Hari Prasad & Uma Sinha
- Objective English (English) – Thorpe
- Objective General English (English)– R.S. Agarwal
Best books for SBI PO
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic (Arihant) Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations (S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal
- Advance maths for General Competitions
- Arithmetic for General Competitions
- Data Intrerpretation Magical Book Series
- Modern Approach to verbal Reasoning By R.S. Agarwal (S.Chand)
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal (Arihant) by BS Sijwali
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning (S.Chand) by R.S.Agarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Word Power made Easy By Norman lewis.
- Objective General English By R. S. Agarwal and Vikas Agarwal.
- Descriptive General English by S P Bakshi and Richa Sharma.
- High School English Grammar by Wren & Martin.
- Banking Awareness by Editorial team Arihant
- Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/SO/RRB & RBI exams by Disha Experts DishaPublications
- Banking Awareness (Banking Aptitude Test) (BANK PO/OFFICERS EXAM) by RPH Editorial Board Ramesh Publishing House
- Objective Computer Awareness by R Pillai Arihant
- Computer Knowledge for SBI/ IBPS Clerk/ PO/ RRB/ RBI/ SSC/ Insurance Exams by Shikha Agarwal Disha publications
- Objective Question Bank of Computer Awareness for General Competitions by Arihant Experts Arihant
- Computer by Rani Ahilya Lucent
- Objective Computer Awareness by Somya Ranjan Behera B.K.Publications