About NIACL Assistant Prelims 2023
New India Assurance Company Limited (NIACL) is the authorised exam-conducting body responsible for carrying out the NIACL Assistant Prelims exam. The entrance test is conducted for the NIACL Assistant position, a clerical position with various duties. This position is in the public sector and focuses on legal and illegitimate insurance claims, data entry procedures, and numerous financial transactions.
NIACL Assistant Prelims exam is a great opportunity for candidates wishing to build a reputable insurance industry career. The entrance test is conducted to recruit candidates for the post of Class III Assistant, and they have to handle some responsibilities and duties delegated by the concerned department. However, the final selection requires a streamlined and effective plan we have discussed in this article. Keep reading this article to learn more about the NIACL Assistant Prelims exam details. The NIACL notification for the recruitment year 2022 has yet to be released. Still, it is expected in the coming months. NIACL will organise a recruitment drive for Assistants in its various branches around the country.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Exam Summary 2023
The key highlights of the exam are as follows:
||NIACL Assistant Exam
|Exam Conducting Body
||New India Assurance Company Limited
||-1/3 Mark for Every Incorrect Answer
|Total Number of Questions
||Once a Year
|Mode of Exam
||Prelims – 1 Hour
Mains – 2 Hours
||General/OBC – ₹600
SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen – ₹100
||Recruitment of Class III Cadre Assistant
|Stages of Exam
|Duration of the exam
||60 minutes or 1 Hour
NIACL Assistant Prelims Latest Update
Latest updates on NIACL Assistant exam will be rolled out soon by the exam authorities.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Notification
The exam authorities will release the recruitment notification for the NIACL Assistant Prelims exam. Once released, we will link to the same in this section.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Important Dates 2023
As soon as NIACL announces the specific dates, they will be updated here.
Find details about NIACL exam dates below:
|NIACL Assistant Recruitment Events
||NIACL Assistant Recruitment Dates
|Notification Release Dates
||To Be Announced
|Online Registration Dates
||To Be Announced
|NIACL Assistant Admit Card (Preliminary Exam)
||To Be Announced
|Tier I Online Examination (Preliminary Exam)
||To Be Announced
|NIACL Preliminary Exam Result
||To Be Announced
|NIACL Assistant Admit Card (Main Exam)
||To Be Announced
|Tier II Online Examination (Main Exam)
||To Be Announced
|NIACL Final Exam Result
||To Be Announced
|NIACL Regional Language Test Date
||To Be Announced
NIACL Assistant Prelims Vacancy 2023
The number of posts available for recruitment in 2022 has yet to be announced by NIACL. A total of 685 NIACL Assistant positions were announced for the year 2021.
We expect the number of posts to be somewhere around 650 or 700 based on the previous trends. Keep an eye on this page to get the latest updates.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Salary & Job Profile 2023
A NIACL Assistant is a clerical position. They are in charge of Data Entry Operations and helping AOs in specific parts. Underwriting, Claims, and Accounts are their primary responsibilities.
Salary Structure for NIACL Assistant Prelims
- In a metro city, the initial salary of a NIACL Assistant in hand is Rs.23,500, plus other allowances such as newspaper, leave, and so forth.
- They are eligible for a pay scale of 14435-840(1)-15275-915(2)-17105-1030(5)-22255-1195(2)-24645-1455(3)-29010-1510(2)-32030-1610(5)-40080, according to the NIACL notification.
- Following their selection, candidates are given several pieces of training to learn about various parts of banking.
Check more details on the NIACL Assistant salary and job profile details.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Eligibility Criteria 2023
Before applying online for their desired positions, candidates must read the NIACL eligibility criteria. Officials from the organising body will not accept applications from candidates who are not eligible for the competition. If anyone submits the online form without meeting the criteria, their application shall be rejected. Here is a list of post-by-post eligibility. For a deeper understanding, candidates must go through the same process:
||Aspirants with Indian citizenship from any state are eligible to apply for NIACL Assistant prelims.
||Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline. Candidates who hold an equivalent degree from a recognised university can also apply.
||Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years old and maximum of 30 years old. However, there is age relaxation for reserved categories as per government norms.
Age Criteria for NIACL Assistant Examination
Candidates must be at least 21 years old and no more than 30 years old. According to government regulations, there is age relaxation for designated categories.
- Lower age limit: 21 years
- Upper age limit: 30 years
However, some age relaxations are given to candidates who belong to special categories such as other backward castes, SC, ST, etc. The list of age relaxation for different kinds of categories is listed below.
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe
|Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer)
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities
as defined under “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.”
|Ex-servicemen, including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years of Military Service as of April 01, 2021, and have been released
|Defence service personnel disabled in operation during the hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof
|Existing Confirmed Employees of Public Sector General Insurance Companies (including GIC & Agriculture Insurance Company of India Ltd.)
NIACL Assistant Prelims Application Form 2023
For NIACL Assistant online application registration, follow the processes outlined below:
- 1st Step: Go to www.newindia.co.in, scroll down to the recruitment section, and select the ‘apply online’ option.
- 2nd Step: To register, go to “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” and fill out the form. You must submit your name, contact information, email address, and phone number, among other things.
- 3rd Step: A provisional registration number and password will be given to the registered email address after registration.
- 4th Step: If a candidate cannot finish the application form in one sitting, they can save their inputs by selecting “SAVE AND NEXT” and re-login to complete the application.
- 5th Step: Verify your information and click on the ‘VALIDATE YOUR DETAILS’ and ‘SAVE & NEXT’ buttons; you can save your application.
- 6th Step: Fill in the remaining details on the Application Form. Before clicking “FINAL SUBMIT,” candidates must review the information they’ve entered.
- 7th Step: After final submission, click the ‘PAYMENT’ Tab and proceed with payment. After making a successful payment, click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- 8th Step: Only online payments are accepted for application costs. Debit cards (Rupay/ Visa/ Master/ Maestro), credit cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, and mobile wallet can all be used to make a payment.
- 9th Step: Candidates must not use the redirect or refresh buttons until the server gives them permission. Following successful payment, candidates will receive an e-receipt.
More details on NIACL recruitment can be found here.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Exam Centre 2023
The NIACL provides some major cities and districts in each state of India. The various list of examination centres for NIACL Assistants are listed below:
|Andaman & Nicobar
||Chirala, Chittoor, Guntur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Kurnool, 12 Pradesh Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam. Vizianagaram
||Guwahati, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur
||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Bihar Sharif, Darbhanga, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea
||Bilaspur, Bhilai, Raipur
||Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad Greater Noida, Gurgaon
||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Himmatnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara
||Ambala, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Palwal, Sonipat, Yamunanagar
||Baddi, Bilaspur, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Pradesh Mandi, Shimla, Sirmaur, Solan, Una
|Jammu & Kashmir
||Samba, Jammu, Srinagar
||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi
||Bengaluru, Belgaum, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi
||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrissur, Thinuvananthapuram
||Ujjain, Sagar, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna
||Aurangabad, Amravati, Kolhapur, Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai/Thane/Greater Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Chandrapur, Solapur, Dhule, Satara
||Balasore, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Sambalpur, Dhenkanal, Rourkela
||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala, Pathankot, Sanger
||Ajmer, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur,
||Chennai, Coimbatore, Dindigul. Krishnagiri, Tamilnadu Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal. Perambalur. Selam. Thanjavur, Iimchirapalli, Tirunelveli. Thoothukudi, Vellore
||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal, Khammam
||Agra, Aligarh, Prayagraj, Bareilly, Faizabad, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Noida, Varanasi
||Roorkee, Dehradun, Haldwani Haridwar
||Asansol, Berhampur(West Bengal), Bardhaman, Durgapur, Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri
NIACL Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern 2023
A candidate must pass all three exams to be eligible for the induction phase.
- Tier I: Preliminary examination is the first and foremost step of the NIACL recruitment process. The question paper will be bilingual (except for the English Language subject). The candidates who qualified in the prelims exam are allowed to write the Mains examination. The prelims exam carries 100 marks, and the duration for the same is 60 minutes.
- Tier II: Students who qualify for the preliminary examination can take the main exam. Mains examination is the next step of the recruitment process. Candidates need to obtain minimum qualifying marks in the Mains examination to appear for the interview process. The main exam is 250 marks, and the total duration is 120 minutes.
- Regional Language Test: The candidates who qualify in the main examination can appear for the language test. This is the last stage of the selection process. The Regional Language Test (LPT) is only qualifying; students will not be given any scores for the language test. This test is conducted only to test the writing, speaking, and reading abilities of the candidates.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern: Number of Questions Subject-wise
The Prelims is conducted for 100 marks and will consist of 3 sections as follows:
|Name of the Test
||Number of Questions
NIACL Assistant Prelims Syllabus
Understanding the NIACL Assistant syllabus 2022 will provide insight into the exam’s nature. We have provided you with comprehensive information on the NIACL Assistant 2022 syllabus.
Let’s look at the NIACL Assistant prelims syllabus in-depth for all three sections:
NIACL Assistant Syllabus for English Language Section (Prelims)
The English Language portion assesses your comprehension, vocabulary, and grammar skills. Following are the essential English language topics that need to be covered by a NIACL Assistant aspirant.
|NIACL Assistant Syllabus for English Language Section
|Antonyms & Synonyms
|Fill in the Gaps
|Direct & Indirect Speech
|Phrases and Idioms
|Parts of Speech
|Active & Passive Voice
Check NIACL Prelims syllabus for more information on other sections.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Preparation Tips 2023
NIACL Assistant exam preparation can be broken into two parts: mains and prelims. The NIACL Preliminary Exam consists of three subjects: an English Language test, a Reasoning test, and a Numerical Ability test, whereas the Main Exam consists of a Reasoning test, an English language test, a General Awareness test, Commuting Knowledge, and a Numerical Ability test.
It is important to follow a plan and keep to it to pass the NIACL AO Prelims exam. The candidate must be aware of each phase’s benefits and drawbacks and proceed with caution.
For more, refer to our article on NIACL Assistant Prelims preparation tips.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Admit Card
The candidates who successfully fill out the online application form are called for the preliminary examination. For such candidates, admit cards are provided on the website. No candidates are allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card. Here we are providing the details of the admit card and how to download it from the website, the things mentioned on the admit card, and the documents required
How to Download NIACL Assistant Admit Card?
When taking the NIACL Assistant test, candidates must have the NIACL Assistant hall ticket. Candidates should obtain a copy of the admit card and print it before the exam day. You are strongly advised to download the NIACL Assistant hall ticket as soon as possible to avoid any technical difficulties or last-minute rush.
To get your NIACL admit card for 2022, follow the steps mentioned below.
- 1st Step: Go to New India Assurance Company Limited’s official website.
- 2nd Step: Click the NIACL Assistant admit card 2022 link on the homepage.
- 3rd Step: You will be taken to the registration page.
- 4th Step: Fill up the required information, such as your date of birth, password, registration number/roll number, etc.
- 5th Step: Select “Login” from the drop-down menu.
- 6th Step: Your NIACL Assistant admit card 2022 will appear on the screen.
- 7th Step: Save the hall ticket on your computer.
- 8th Step: Print a copy of the hall ticket for your records and future reference.
Details Mentioned on NIACL Assistant Admit Card
NIACL Assistant hall ticket 2022 includes the following details:
- Name of the Aspirant
- Roll Number
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Space for Invigilator’s Signature
- Space for Candidate’s Signature
- Guidelines to follow during the time of the exam
- Examination Centre Code
- Test Centre
- Applicant’s Photograph
Documents to Carry on the NIACL Assistant Exam Day
Candidates must compulsorily bring any one of the valid ID proofs along with their NIACL Assistant hall ticket 2022 at the time of the exam:
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID of the Candidate
- College ID
- Ration Card
- Driving Licence
- Employee ID
- PAN Card
NIACL Assistant Prelims Answer Key
NIACL Assistant answer key issue dates will be released after the conduction of the exam. This section will be updated with the same information once it gets notified by the exam authorities.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Result
The NIACL assistant results for Prelims and Mains are released by NIACL after a few days of exam completion. NIACL Assistant results will be declared separately for the Prelims & Mains Examination. Candidates securing the above cut-off marks in NIACL Assistant Prelims results will be eligible for the Mains exam.
How to Check NIACL Assistant Result 2022?
Steps to Check NIACL Assistant result 2022 for Prelims are below:
- 1st Step: Go to the NIACL official website.
- 2nd Step: Click on the link for the NIACL Assistant result for Mains.
- 3rd Step: Enter the necessary details, like Roll Number, Date of Birth, etc.
- 4th Step: Click on “Submit”.
- 5th Step: Your NIACL Assistant result will be displayed on the screen.
- 6th Step: Take a printout of your NIACL Assistant result for future reference.
Check NIACL assistant results for more details.
NIACL Assistant Prelims Cut-off
NIACL Assistant cut-off scores can be checked by the following steps:
- 1st Step: Visit the official site of the NIACL that is newindia.co.in.
- 2nd Step: Click on the Link that mentions NIACL Assistant Cut-off.
- 3rd Step: NIACL Assistant Cut-off PDF file will be open on your desktop.
- 4th Step: Check the State-wise/Category-wise cut-off marks.
Determining Factors of NIACL Assistant Cut-off 2022
- Difficulty level
- A total number of vacancies
- The total number of candidates who appeared for the exam
- Total score
FAQs on NIACL Assistant Prelims
Here are some of the following questions on the NIACL Assistant Prelims exam:
Q.1: Is NIACL a public service undertaking (PSU)?
Ans: The new India Assurance Company Limited is a PSU, or public sector entity, meaning that the Indian government owns more than half of the company’s common earnings.
Q.2: Is the NIACL Assistant test bilingual?
Ans: Yes, both Hindi and English versions of the question paper are available.
Q.3: How frequently is the NIACL Assistant exam conducted?
Ans: The NIACL Assistant exam is organised once a year.
Q.4: When will the dates for the NIACL Assistant exam be announced?
Ans: The date of the NIACL Assistant test will be posted on the official website shortly.
Q.5: When will the NIACL Assistant Admit Card be available?
Ans: Around 3–4 weeks before the exam day, the NIACL Assistant admit card 2022 will be released on the official website. Candidates can access their admit cards by entering their registration number and password on the website.