SBI PO Books 2021: Candidates must check the SBI PO books to prepare well in the right direction. The State Bank of India recruits eligible staff for the post of Probationary Officer in its various branches on the basis of three stages – Prelims, Mains, and Personal Interview. SBI PO is a national-level examination, conducted every year. Lakhs of candidates appear for the said exam with an aim to secure their careers. The conducting body has not released the SBI PO recruitment notification on its official website yet. The exam dates for SBI PO Prelims and Mains will be announced along with the official notification. Also, the SBI PO vacancy details will be available soon officially. Candidates are advised to check the SBI PO Preparation Tips and make a proper study plan accordingly.
Via this article, candidates will get to know accurate books for the preparation of State Bank of India Probationary Officer Preliminary and Mains exams. The books for both examinations have been enlisted section-wise for candidates. Aspirants must go through this article as we have provided the essential SBI PO preparation guide handpicked by previous toppers and academic experts. This will surely help you boost your SBI PO Exam Preparation. Read on to find out!
State Bank Of India PO Overview
Before we get any closer to the list of best SBI PO preparation guide, let’s take a look at SBI PO 2021 examination:
|Exam Name||SBI PO|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Name of the Post||Probationary Officer|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once a year|
|Exam stages||– Preliminary Exam|
– Mains Exam and
– Group Exercise & Interview
|Exam Duration||Preliminary Exam: 1 hour|
Mains Exam: 3 hours
|Language||English and Hindi|
Best Books For SBI PO Exam 2021 Prelims & Mains
In this section, we will be talking about the best SBI PO study materials which were preferred by most of the previous years’ exam toppers. Therefore, refer to these books and make the most of your SBI PO Preparation.
SBI PO Books for the English Language (Prelims & Mains)
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
SBI PO Books for Quantitative Aptitude (Prelims)
- Advanced Maths for General Competitions
- Data Interpretation Magical Book Series
- Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M Tyra
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
SBI PO Books for Reasoning Ability (Prelims & Mains)
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal
SBI PO Books for General Awareness (Mains)
- Banking Awareness by Arihant
- Lucent General Knowledge
- Banking Awareness by RPH Editorial Board Ramesh Publishing House
- Manorama Year Book
- Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/SO/RRB & RBI exams by Disha Publications
SBI PO Books for Computer Awareness (Mains)
- by Rani Ahilya Lucent
- by Arihant
- by R Pillai Arihant
Apart from the above-mentioned books, you would also be needing a smart study plan to effectively prepare for SBI PO 2021. Embibe is an ideal platform where you can attempt a lot of different mock tests of General Awareness, Aptitude, Science and others for free. Therefore, start your preparations right away and make the best use of this time.
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2021
- SBI PO Prelims: SBI PO Prelims has three sections (English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability) of 20 minutes each. Every question carries 1 mark and there is a 0.25 negative marking for every wrong answer.
- SBI PO Mains: Candidates who get shortlisted in the Preliminary round will appear for the SBI PO Mains. It comprises of two sections – Objective and Descriptive. The objective paper is of 200 marks (3 hours duration) while descriptive paper will be of 50 marks (30 minutes of time duration).
- Group Exercises/Interview Test: The shortlisted candidates will then be called for the Final Interview round. The group exercises and interview will comprise of 20 and 30 marks respectively.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) On SBI PO Books 2021
Given below are some important FAQs asked by the candidates in related to the SBI PO Books 2021:
A: Before starting with your preparation, we recommend you to create a proper study plan. Firstly, you should focus on your Prelims; therefore, carefully identify your weak and strong areas. Then, accordingly, you should designate the proper time for the subjects you are comparatively weak in. We suggest you start with:
1. Quantitative Aptitude by RS Agarwal
2. General English
3. Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
A: The best source of current affairs for SBI PO can be newspapers and daily magazines. However, Embibe makes this task simpler by highlighting important news updates in the day-wise current affairs section which are freely available for you.
A: Word Power Made Easy is the best book to improve your English. You can then move sequentially to enhance your grammar part. Afterwards, we recommend you to solve reading comprehension and verbal ability exercises.
A: Embibe offers you with free SBI PO Mock Test Series for Prelims and Mains which you can practise them anytime.
A: These are the best SBI PO books for Numerical Ability:
1. Advanced Maths for General Competitions
2. Data Interpretation Magical Book Series
3. Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M Tyra
4. Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
5. Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Agarwal
We hope this article on SBI PO Books 2021 helps you. If you have any queries or suggestions, do post them down in the comment section. We will surely address them at the earliest.
Team Embibe wishes you all the best for your SBI PO 2021!5954 Views