SBI PO Books 2020: The State Bank of India (SBI) conducts different recruitment exams to fill its various vacancies across India. Every year SBI releases more than 2000 posts for Probationary Officers and Clerical level posts. It’s a prestigious opportunity; therefore, a large number of candidates apply for SBI PO every year. SBI will soon announce its PO recruitment notification; therefore, it’s important that you should start your preparations as early as you can. This is why we bring you this little guide which will tell you about the best SBI PO books to understand the topics asked in the exam.
This article will be useful for the candidates who are planning to appear in the upcoming SBI PO 2020 exam. In this article, we will be providing you with the essential SBI PO books handpicked by previous toppers and academic experts. This will surely help you boost your preparations.
SBI PO Books: Best Books For SBI PO 2020
Before we get any closer to the list of best SBI PO books, let’s take a good look at the SBI PO 2020.
|Exam||SBI Probationary Officer Exam|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Vacancies||To Be Announced|
|Exam Mode||Online (For both Prelims and Mains)|
|Start of SBI PO Registrations||First week of June 2020 (Tentative)|
|Last Date of SBI PO Application||Third week of June 2020 (Tentative)|
|SBI PO Prelims Exam||To Be Announced|
|SBI PO Prelims Result||To Be Announced|
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2020
Before you start your preparations right away, you should take a good look at SBI PO Exam Pattern and the syllabus. SBI PO 2020 will be conducted in three stages:
- SBI PO Prelims: SBI PO Prelims has three sections (English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability) of 20 minutes each. Every question carries 1 mark and there is a 0.25 negative marking for every wrong answer.
- SBI PO Mains: Candidates who get shortlisted in the Preliminary round will appear for the SBI PO Mains. It comprises of two sections – Objective and Descriptive. The objective paper is of 200 marks (3 hours duration) while descriptive paper will be of 50 marks (30 minutes of time duration).
- Group Exercises/Interview Test: The shortlisted candidates will then be called for the Final Interview round. The group exercises and interview will comprise of 20 and 30 marks respectively.
SBI PO Books 2020: Best Books For SBI PO Prelims
In this section, we will be talking about the best SBI PO study materials which were preferred by most of the previous years’ exam toppers. Therefore, refer these books and make the most of your SBI PO preparation.
SBI PO Books for the English Language (Prelims & Mains)
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
SBI PO Books for Quantitative Aptitude (Prelims)
- Advanced Maths for General Competitions
- Data Interpretation Magical Book Series
- Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M Tyra
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
SBI PO Books for Reasoning Ability (Prelims & Mains)
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal
SBI PO Books for General Awareness (Mains)
- Banking Awareness by Arihant
- Lucent General Knowledge
- Banking Awareness by RPH Editorial Board Ramesh Publishing House
- Manorama Year Book
- Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/SO/RRB & RBI exams by Disha Publications
SBI PO Books for Computer Awareness (Mains)
- by Rani Ahilya Lucent
- by Arihant
- by R Pillai Arihant
Apart from the above-mentioned books, you would also be needing a smart study plan to effectively prepare for SBI PO 2020. Embibe is an ideal platform where you can attempt a lot of different mock tests of General Awareness, Aptitude, Science and others for free. Therefore, start your preparations right away and make the best use of this time.
SBI PO Books 2020: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Given below are some important FAQs asked by the candidates in related to the SBI PO Books 2020:
A: Before starting with your preparation, we recommend you to create a proper study plan. Firstly, you should focus on your Prelims; therefore, carefully identify your weak and strong areas. Then, accordingly, you should designate the proper time for the subjects you are comparatively weak in. We suggest you start with:
1. Quantitative Aptitude by RS Agarwal
2. General English
3. Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
A: The best source of current affairs for SBI PO can be newspapers and daily magazines. However, Embibe makes this task simpler by highlighting important news updates in the day-wise current affairs section which are freely available for you.
A: Word Power Made Easy is the best book to improve your English. You can then move sequentially to enhance your grammar part. Afterward, we recommend you to solve reading comprehension and verbal ability exercises.
A: Embibe offers you with free SBI PO Mock Test Series for Prelims and Mains which you can practise them anytime.
A: These are the best SBI PO books for Numerical Ability:
1. Advanced Maths for General Competitions
2. Data Interpretation Magical Book Series
3. Magical Book on Quicker Mathematics by M Tyra
4. Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
5. Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Agarwal
We hope this article on SBI PO Books 2020 helps you. If you have any queries or suggestions, do post them down in the comment section. We will surely address them at the earliest.
Team Embibe wishes you all the best for your SBI PO 2020!115 Views