SBI PO Recruitment 2021: State Bank of India releases SBI PO exam notification every year on the official website. SBI PO is one of the most sought after exams among the banking job aspirants. Besides the lucrative salary package, SBI also provides immense growth opportunity making SBI PO a popular career among aspirants. Lakhs of candidates apply for the exam making it a highly competitive exam.
Latest- SBI PO Final Result 2021 has been Announced!
SBI is expected to release SBI PO 2021-22 recruitment notification in the upcoming days. For now, the SBI PO 2020-21 mains exam has been conducted and SBI PO result has released on February 16. Every year, around 2000 vacancies are released for the post and a similar trend can be expected this time too. In this article, we have provided all the details on SBI PO notification, exam dates, vacancy, eligibility, online registration, pattern, syllabus & more. Read on to find out!
SBI PO Notification 2021: SBI PO Recruitment 2021
Before getting into the details of SBI PO Recruitment, let us have an overview of the exam:
|Exam Name||SBI PO|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Name of the Post||Probationary Officer|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once a year|
|Exam stages||– Preliminary Exam|
– Mains Exam and
– Group Exercise & Interview
|Exam Duration||Preliminary Exam: 1 hour|
Mains Exam: 3 hours
|Language||English and Hindi|
SBI PO 2020-21 Exam Dates: SBI PO Exam Date 2021
All the important SBI PO 2020-21 Exam Dates have been announced by SBI. Check the table below to know the SBI PO exam date 2021, admit card, and result dates.
|Official Notification||November 13, 2020|
|Online Registration and Application|
(including Editing/ Modification of Application)
|November 14 to December 4, 2020|
|Payment of Application Fee/ Intimation Charges||December 4, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card for Prelims||December 2020|
|Preliminary Exam||January 4,5 & 6, 2021|
|Preliminary Exam Result||January 18, 2021|
|Release of Call Letter for Online Main Examination||January 19, 2021|
|SBI PO 2020-21 Main Exam||January 29, 2021|
|Declaration of SBI PO 2020-21 Main Exam Result||February 16, 2021|
|Declaration of SBI PO 2020-21 Final Result||March 16, 2021|
SBI PO 2021-22 Exam Dates
SBI PO 2021-22 exam dates and recruitment notification is yet to release. Canddiates can check the exam schedule from the table below once released.
|Release of SBI PO 2021-22 Notification||To Be Notified|
|SBI PO 2021-22 Registration||To Be Notified|
|SBI PO 2021-22 Prelims Admit Card||To Be Notified|
|SBI PO 2021-22 Prelims Exam||To Be Notified|
|SBI PO 2021-22 Prelims Result||To Be Notified|
|SBI PO 2021-22 Mains Admit Card||To Be Notified|
|SBI PO 2021-22 Main Exam||To Be Notified|
|SBI PO 2021-22 Main Result||To Be Notified|
|SBI PO 2021-22 Interview||To Be Notified|
SBI PO 2021 Vacancy
Every year, State Bank of India releases around 2000 vacancies for the SBI PO recruitment. For the past several years, the vacancies announced were around 2000 and a similar trend can also be seen this year. SBI PO 2021-22 vacancy details will be released along with the SBI PO recruitment notification. Last year a total of 200 vacancies were released. Meanwhile, check the category-wise SBI PO 2020 recruitment vacancy details from below.
|Category||No. of Vacancies|
SBI PO Recruitment 2021 Salary
As per the latest notification, the starting basic pay is Rs. 27,620/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale I.
The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical, and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. The total compensation per annum on the CTC will be a minimum of 8.20 lacs and a maximum of 13.08 lacs depending on the place of posting and other factors.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria for the post of SBI PO:
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
- Those who are in the Final Year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for Interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
- Applicants should not be below 21 years and not above 30 years. That means candidates must have been born not later than 01.04.2000 and not earlier than 02.04.1991 (both days inclusive).
- The age relaxation for different categories are as follows:
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD) – SC/ST||15 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD) – OBC||13 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD) – GEN/EWS||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 6 months from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalided.||5 Years|
The candidate should be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking the official language of his State/UT.
Candidates applying for SBI PO 2021 Exam should be one of the following:
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam or from East India countries of Kenya, Tanzania, Zaire, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, Malawi with the intention of settling permanently in India.
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement. – Candidates belonging to categories (2), (3), or (4) must possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favour.
Requirements To Apply Online For SBI PO 2021
Applicants must be ready with the following to apply online for SBI PO 2021.
- A valid Mobile Number
- Valid Email ID
- Scanned copy of Photograph and Signature
- Class 10 (Matriculation) Certificate/ Mark Sheet (to fill the application form)
- Educational Qulaification Certificates/ Mark Sheets (to fill the application form)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
|Photograph||200 x 230 pixels||20KB to 50 KB|
|Signature||140 x 60 pixels||10KB to 20KB|
- – Candidates must upload a recent colour photograph with a light background, preferrably white.
- – Applicants must sign on white paper with Black Ink pen. Sinature in ‘Capital Letters’ is not accepted.
How To Apply For SBI PO 2021?
Check out the steps to fill the SBI PO Application Form below:
- –1st Step: Go to the official website of SBI PO – sbi.co.in
- – 2nd Step: Go to the top right corner of the screen and click on ‘CAREERS’.
- – 3rd Step: Click on ‘Latest Announcements’.
- – 4th Step: Click on link for the official notification and ‘Apply Online’ for the SBI PO Application Form.
- – 5th Step: Click on ‘Click Here for New Registration’.
- – 6th Step: Read the instructions carefully and click on ‘Continue’.
- – 7th Step: Enter your basic details, like Name, Mobile Number, and Email ID.
- – 8th Step: Enter the security code and click on ‘Save & Next’. At this point, a Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated for you and sent through SMS and Email. Note them down.
- – 9th Step: Upload scanned images of your Photograph and Signature in the prescribed specifications, and click on ‘Next’.
- – 10th Step: Enter the post you applied for, your category, and other personal details. Enter your postal address along with PIN code. Validate the details and click on ‘Save & Next’.
- – 11th Step: Enter your educational and experience details, etc. Validate them and click on ‘Save & Next’.
- – 12th Step: Check all the entered details. If everything is correct, check the box against the declaration statement. Also, confirm your signature. Click on ‘Final Submit’.
- – 13th Step: Upload scanned image of hand-written declaration in the prescribed format.
- – 14th Step: Make the payment of your SBI PO application fee and take a print out of the application form and confirmation page for future reference.
SBI PO 2021 Application Fee
SBI PO Recruitment 2021 application fee is to be paid online. The fee/intimation charge is non-refundable and non-transferable for any future exam. The category-wise application fee for SBI PO 2021 is as under:
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 125 (Intimation charges only)|
|General/OBC/EWS||Rs. 750 (Inclusive of intimation charges)|
Applicants can pay the application fees through Credit Card, Debit Card, and Internet Banking, Mobile Wallet/ Cash Card, and IMPS. It is to be noted that there is no offline payment of the application fee.
SBI PO Selection Process
SBI PO exam follows a three-tier selection process. Candidates are required to get through each of the stages to reach the next level. The stages involved in the selection of aspirants are as under:
- 1st Stage: SBI PO Preliminary Exam
- 2nd Stage: SBI PO Main Exam
- 3rd Stage: Group Exercises and Interview
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
The SBI PO Exam Pattern for Prelims exam is as under:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
- – The total time duration to complete the test is 1 hour. However, each section is separately timed. Candidates need to complete each section in 20 minutes.
- – One mark is awarded for every correct answer
- – For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total score.
- – All the questuons are mutiple choiced questions (objective type).
- – There will be no sectional cutoff. In order to qualify for the Prelims exam, candidates need to clear the overal cutoff.
SBI PO Main Exam Pattern
SBI PO Mains exam consists of Objective Tests for 200 and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. The descriptive test will be conducted immediately after the objective test. Check SBI PO Mains exam pattern from below:
SBI PO Main Objective Test Exam Pattern
|Sections||No. of Questions/MaxMarks||Time Duration|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45/60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35/60||45 minutes|
|Banking/General/Economy Awareness||40/40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35/40||40 minutes|
- – The total time to complete the Mains objective test is 180 Minutes (3 hours). However, every subject/ section is separately timed.
- – Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in Main exam. There will be no sectional cutoff.
SBI PO Mains Descriptive Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions/Max Marks||Time Duration|
|English Language – Letter Writing & Essay||2 Questions/ 50 Marks||30 Minutes|
SBI PO Interview
Selection of candidates for Interview is based on the candidate’s performance in the Mains exam. The officials will prepare category-wise merit list who have been shortlisted for the Interview. Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approximately) of the category wise vacancies will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise and Interview. 20 marks will be given for Group Exercises and 30 marks for the Interview. candidates need to score the minimum qualifying marks in Group Exercises and Interview to be considered for final selection.
Candidates qualifying for Group Exercises and Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy layer’ clause.
SBI PO Final Selection
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection.
- Only the marks obtained in the Main Examination, both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in Group Exercise and Interview for preparing the final merit list.
- Candidates will have to qualify both in the Prelims and Main exam separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Main Examination (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks and marks secured in the Group Exercise & Interview out of 50 marks are converted to out of 25 marks.
- The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating (out of 100) converted marks of Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview.
- The final selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category. SBI PO Result of the candidates who qualify in Main Examination, Group Exercise & Interview, as well as the final selection list, will be made available on the official website.
SBI PO Syllabus 2021
SBI PO syllabus has many similarities with other bank exams. Both the Prelims and Mains has the English Language, Quantitative Section and Reasoning section and the syllabus for all of these sections is relatively the same barring a few topics.
Candidates must go through the syllabus of SBI PO before they start the preparation for the exam. Preparing as per the syllabus is important as the question will be asked from the syllabus only.
SBI PO Preparation Books
The most relevant and best SBI PO Books are mentioned below:
SBI PO Books for Quantitative Aptitude
- Advanced Maths for General Competitions.
- Data Interpretation Magical Book Series.
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S.Agarwal.
SBI PO Books for Reasoning Ability
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal.
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal by BS Sijwali.
SBI PO Books for English Language
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.
- High School English Grammar by Wren & Martin.
- Descriptive General English by S P Bakshi and Richa Sharma.
SBI PO Books for General Awareness
- Banking Awareness by Arihant.
- Banking Awareness by RPH Editorial Board Ramesh Publishing House.
- Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/SO/RRB & RBI exams by Disha Publications.
SBI PO Books for Computer Awareness
- Computer by Rani Ahilya Lucent.
- Objective Question Bank of Computer Awareness for General Competitions by Arihant.
- Objective Computer Awareness by R Pillai Arihant.
SBI PO 2021 Preparation Tips
Here are some preparation tips for SBI PO 2021:
- The preparation for SBI PO demands the candidates to be serious and methodical right from the beginning as SBI PO Recruitment is one of the toughest exams.
- Create your study plan in a manner that you do not have to fret at the last moment.
- The syllabus for the exam is vast and requires preparation right from the release of notification.
- It is very essential to choose the right study material in order to score well in the exam.
- In order to get through the cutoff score of SBI PO, start your preparation by first understanding the related topics.
- The theory and concept behind each topic should be clear to you.
- Do not go for rote learning as that is not advisable for any entrance examination.
- Go through the examples of each topic before solving questions. Sections like Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude requires you to practice as many questions as you can.
- Practicing SBI PO mock test papers is also necessary as it will help you in improving your problem-solving efficiency, understanding the difficulty level of the exam and the types of questions asked.
- General Awareness, Computer Awareness, and English Language need extensive reading. Reading will enhance your knowledge of current affairs, sentence formation, grammar, vocabularies, and much more.
SBI PO Admit Card 2021
SBI PO issues separate admit card for each stage of the exam. The official authority releases the prelims admit card to all the eligible applicants. Whereas, the Mains admit card is issued to candidates who have qualified for the Mains exam as per the cutoff score. Again, SBI PO hall ticket for Personal Interview will be issued only to those candidates who clear the SBI PO Main exam.
No aspirant will be allowed to take the exam without their SBI PO Admit Card. On the issuance of admit cards, candidates will be notified about it through their registered email and mobile number. In order to download the admit card from the official website of SBI, aspirants need to log in using their Provisional Registration Number and Password.
SBI PO 2021 Result
The SBI PO Result is declared separately for each stage on the official website of SBI. In order to check the SBI PO 2021 result, aspirants need to log in using their Registration Number and Date of Birth. SBI PO 2020-21 final Result has been released on March 16.
SBI PO Cutoff Score 2021
SBI PO cut off keeps altering every year based on the following factors:
- The total number of aspirants taking the exam.
- The total number of vacancies.
- The difficulty level of the paper.
The SBI PO declares the cutoff score after the completion of the SBI PO exam. Check below the category-wise SBI PO prelims cutoff 2020-21.
Frequently Asked Questions
Given below are some of the frequently asked questions related to the SBI PO Recruitment 2021:
|Q. When will the SBI PO 2021 Notification be out?|
A. SBI PO 2021 Official Notification is likely to release soon. Stay tuned for the latest updates for release of SBI PO notification.
|Q. When will the SBI PO Exam be conducted? |
A. SBI PO 2021-22 exam date are ye to be announce.The exam dates will be out along with the recruitment notification.
|Q. What is the age limit to apply for SBI PO exam?|
A. To apply online for SBI PO exam, candidates must be from 21 years to 30 years.
|Q. How many stages are there in SBI PO recruitment? |
A. SBI PO selection process has three stages namely, Prelims, Mains & Interview.
|Q. Can a fresher apply for SBI PO Exam? |
A. Yes. A fresher can apply for SBI PO exam.
|Q. Is there a Negative Marking in SBI PO Exam? |
A. Yes, there is negative marking for every wrong answer in both Preliminary and Mains Exam of SBI PO. One-fourth of the total marks allotted to that question will be deducted.
|Q. How many vacancies are there in SBI PO 2021?|
A. SBI PO 2021-22 vacancy details are yet to be announced. Last year a total of 2000 vacancies were released.
|Q. Is a B.Tech student eligible for SBI PO exams?|
A. Yes, a B.Tech student is eligible for SBI PO exam. A candidate only needs to have a Graduation Degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
|Q. Will there be any sectional cut off for SBI PO exam?|
A. There is no sectional cut off in Prelims as well as Mains Examination. A candidate has to secure the overall cut-offs in order to qualify for the next phase of the exam.
We have now provided you with all the details on SBI PO Recruitment 2021. Go through teh details and start preparing for the upcoming exam. Go through the syllabus and exam pattern and prepare a preparation startegy. Also, practice by taking mock tests to improve your speed and accuracy. You can take free SBI PO Mock Test Series on Embibe in order to boost your confidence as well as to keep track of how well have you prepared for the upcoming exam.
We hope this detailed article on SBI PO Recruitment 2021 helps you. If you have any queries pertaining to SBI PO Recruitment 2021, please drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.6240 Views