SBI PO Recruitment: The State Bank of India (SBI) conducts various examinations for different vacancies with branches all over India. Every year there are more than 2000 posts notified in the categories of Probationary Officers and Clerical level posts.
The SBI PO Recruitment Notification was released on the official website on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
A large number of aspirants are expected to apply for the SBI PO 2018 exam. It is one of the most desired competitive exams in India as it offers a prestigious career option to candidates looking for banking and government sector jobs. However, only graduates can apply for the post of SBI PO. Candidates planning to appear in the upcoming SBI PO 2018 exam can find complete details regarding the SBI PO Recruitment 2018 on the official website – sbi.co.in
Note: At Embibe, we have ensured that SBI PO aspirants avail mock tests free of cost. We suggest you attempt our mock tests and evaluate yourself before appearing for the examination.
SBI PO Recruitment
State Bank of India (SBI) has released the SBI PO Recruitment notification for the Probationary Officers (SBI PO) in various branches of the bank.
The selection process has 3 levels consisting of Preliminary and Main Exams which will be conducted online, followed by Interview. Candidates have to pass each level to get shortlisted and proceed to the next stage. Final selection will be on the basis of the rank scored in the Mains and Interview.
Note that a few important changes in the SBI PO Recruitment exam 2018 are:
- SBI PO 2018 exam will have sectional timings in Prelims.
- There will be no sectional cutoffs in Prelims.
- The ratio of candidates selected for SBI PO Mains 2018 will be 1:10.
SBI PO Recruitment – No. of Vacancies
This year, the SBI has released a notification for recruitment of a total 2,000 probationary officers vacancies.
SBI PO Recruitment – Important Dates (Tentative)
April 21- May 13, 2018
|Application Fees/Intimation Charges Online Payment||
April 21- May 13, 2018
|Download SBI PO Preliminary Exam Call Letter||
June 2018 (Tentative)
|SBI PO Preliminary Exam Date||
July 1, 7 and 8, 2018
|Declaration of SBI PO Preliminary Exam Result||
July 15, 2018
|Download SBI PO Call Letter for Main Exam||
July 20, 2018
|SBI PO Mains Exam||
August 4, 2018
|Declaration of SBI PO Mains Exam Result||
August 20, 2018
|Declaration and download of SBI PO Interview Call Letter||
September 1, 2018
|Group Exercise & Interview||
September 24 – October 12, 2018
|Declaration of Final Result||
November 1, 2018
SBI PO Recruitment – Selection Procedure
The selection process of SBI PO consists of 3 phases: Preliminary, Mains and Interview. The candidates must qualify each level to move on to the next phase.
The important steps of the SBI PO Recruitment Selection Procedure are as follows:
- Online Preliminary Examination: A sufficient number of candidates in each category is shortlisted by SBI depending upon the requirements for Online Mains Exam.
- Online Mains Examination: Candidates need to qualify each section as well as the overall cut off in the Mains exam to be eligible for the Interview round. However, in 2017 there was no sectional cut off in SBI PO Mains exam.
- Group Exercise/Interview: The participating organizations will hold the Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Exercises & Interview will be as decided by the Bank. Group Exercises account for 20 marks while Interview accounts for 30 marks.
- Final Result: The Final Result is declared on the basis of candidates’ overall performance in SBI PO Mains and Interview Rounds.
- Provisional Allotment: The Provisional Allotment of the eligible candidate is released on the official website – sbi.co.in. The SBI allots location to the candidates on the basis of the preferences they have made at the time of the online registration.
SBI PO Recruitment – Application Fee
The category wise Application Fees for SBI PO Recruitment exam is given below. Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection. The application fee must be paid online itself.
Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only)
|General and Others||
Rs.600/- (Including Intimation Charges)
SBI PO Recruitment – Salary
Presently, the starting basic pay is Rs. 27,620/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of Rs. 23700-980/7- 30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I. The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. The total compensation per annum on CTC basis would be a minimum of Rs. 7.93 lakhs and maximum of Rs. 12.95 lakhs.
SBI PO Recruitment – Eligibility
SBI PO Recruitment – Eligibility: Educational Qualification
Graduation Degree: The candidate should have a graduation degree in any stream from a university recognised by the Government of India.
Valid Marksheet: The candidate should have a degree certificate/marksheet. The percentage of marks obtained in graduation should be mentioned at time of registration for the SBI PO Recruitment examination.
Computer Literacy: Knowledge of computer operation is a must as SBI PO Recruitment exam is conducted online.
Language Proficiency: Candidates should have verbal and written proficiency in the official language of the State/UT.
SBI PO Recruitment – Eligibility: Nationality/Citizenship
Candidates applying for SBI PO Recruitment exam should be one of the following:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement
- A Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who had migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India
Note: Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3 & 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India in their favour.
SBI PO Recruitment – Eligibility: Age
Candidates applying for SBI PO Recruitment examination should be 20 years old but not more than 30 years old at the time of registration. Besides this, there is age relaxation relevant to category wise candidates as per the government rules:
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||
|Ex-Servicemen (Army Personnel)||
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||
We hope this detailed article on SBI PO Recruitment helps you in your preparation. If you have any query regarding SBI PO Recruitment or the exam in general, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.