SBI PO 2021: About
State Bank of India is the largest Public Sector Bank in India having over 22000 branches across India. To maintain such a huge financial service, SBI requires a large number of workforce at different level of organization. For Smooth running of organization, State Bank conducts recruitments for various positions. SBI PO Recruitment is the most important recruitment drive conducted by State Bank of India.
The probationary officers of SBI are the pillar that supports the smooth functioning of the SBI and provide officers to manage various functions in the Bank. Due to such importance of SBI PO, it is one of the most premium jobs in the Banking sector and millions of applicants across India apply for this exam. It offers a prestigious career option for candidates looking for banking and government sector jobs. Only graduates can apply for these posts. Get all the important information related to SBI PO 2021 examination like syllabus, exam pattern, admit card, result, vacancies, and more on this page.
SBI PO 2021 Exam – Overview
Before getting into the details of all the aspect of SBI PO exam, candidates can check the overview of the exam from the given table.
|Exam Name||SBI PO|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Name of the Post||Probationary Officer|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once a year|
|Exam stages||– Preliminary Exam|
– Mains Exam and
– Group Exercise & Interview
|Exam Duration||Preliminary Exam: 1 hour|
Mains Exam: 3 hours
|Language||English and Hindi|
SBI PO 2021 Important Dates
SBI PO notification for SBI PO 2021 has not yet released. The schedule of events for SBI PO 2020-2021 is as under:
|Official Notification||November 13, 2020|
|Online Registration and Application|
(including Editing/ Modification of Application)
|November 14 to December 4, 2020|
|Payment of Application Fee/ Intimation Charges||December 4, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card for Prelims||December 2020|
|Preliminary Exam||January 4,5 & 6, 2021|
|Preliminary Exam Result||January 18, 2021|
|Release of Call Letter for Online Main Examination||January 19, 2021|
|SBI PO 2020-21 Main Exam||January 29, 2021|
|Declaration of SBI PO 2020-21 Main Exam Result||February 16, 2021|
|Interview||February/ March 2021|
|Declaration of SBI PO 2020-21 Final Result||March Last Week, 2021|
Check out important articles related to SBI PO Exam 2020,
|SBI PO Recruitment||SBI PO Exam Dates|
|SBI PO Preparation||SBI PO Syllabus|
|SBI PO Exam Pattern||SBI PO Books|
SBI PO 2021: SBI PO Vacancies
The SBI PO Recruitment 2021 notification has not yet released. Candidates can check the last years vacancy for now. As per the previous years trend, SBI PO recruitment vaccancy remains more or less same.
|Category||No. of Vacancies|
SBI PO 2021: SBI PO Salary
As per the latest notification, the basic SBI PO Salary is Rs. 27,620/- (with 4 advance increments) in the scale of 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale I.
The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A/Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical, and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time. The total compensation per annum on the CTC basis be a minimum of 8.20 lacs and a maximum of 13.08 lacs depending on the place of posting and other factors.
SBI PO 2021: SBI PO Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria for the post of SBI PO:
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
- Those who are in the Final Year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for Interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.12.2021.
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.12.2021. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
|Age Limit (As on 1st April 2021)|
- Applicants should not be below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2021, i.e., candidates must have been born not later than 01.04.2000 and not earlier than 02.04.1991 (both days inclusive).
- The age relaxation for different categories are as follows:
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD) – SC/ST||15 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD) – OBC||13 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD) – GEN/EWS||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within 6 months from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalided.||5 Yers|
The candidate should be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking the official language of his State/UT.
Candidates applying for SBI PO 2021 Exam should be one of the following:
- Citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam or from East India countries of Kenya, Tanzania, Zaire, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, Malawi with the intention of settling permanently in India.
- Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement. – Candidates belonging to categories (2), (3), or (4) must possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt of India in their favour.
SBI PO 2021: How To Fill SBI PO Application Form?
Check out the steps to fill the SBI PO Application Form below:
- –1st Step: Go the official website of SBI PO: sbi.co.in
- – 2nd Step: Go to the top right corner of the screen and click on “CAREERS”.
- – 3rd Step: Click on “Latest Announcements”.
- – 4th Step: Click on “Download Advertisement (English)” for the official notification and “Apply Online” for the SBI PO 2020 Application Form.
- – 5th Step: Click on “Click Here for New Registration”.
- – 6th Step: Read the instructions carefully and click on “Continue”.
- – 7th Step: Enter your basic details, like Name, Mobile Number, and Email ID.
- – 8th Step: Enter the security code and click on “Save & Next”. At this point, a Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated for you and sent through SMS and Email. Note them down.
- – 9th Step: Upload scanned images of your Photograph and Signature in the prescribed specifications, and click on “Next”.
- – 10th Step: Enter the post you applied for, your category, and other personal details. Enter your postal address along with PIN code. Validate the details and click on “Save & Next”.
- – 11th Step: Enter your educational and experience details, etc. Validate them and click on “Save & Next”.
- – 12th Step: Check all the entered details. If everything is correct, check the box against the declaration statement. Also, confirm your signature. Click on “Final Submit”.
- – 13th Step: Upload scanned image of hand-written declaration in the prescribed format.
- – 14th Step: Make the payment of your SBI PO 2020 application fee and take a print out of the application form and confirmation page for future reference.
SBI PO 2021 Application Fee
SBI PO 2021 application fee is to be paid online. Fee/intimation charge is non-refundable and non-transferable for any future exam. The category-wise application fee for SBI PO 2021 is as under:
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 125 (Intimation charges only)|
|General/OBC/EWS||Rs. 750 (Inclusive of intimation charges)|
Note: Applicants can pay the application fees through Credit Card, Debit Card, and Internet Banking, Mobile Wallet/Cash Card, and IMPS. It is to be noted that there is no offline payment of the application fee.
Requirement Of Scanned Documents
When applying for the exam, aspirants need to upload scanned images of their Photograph, Signature, Left Thumb Impression and a Hand-written Declaration. The requirements are as under:
- Photograph: Your photograph should be a recent one and passport-sized. Its dimension should be 200 pixels x 230 pixels and the size of the photograph should be 20-50 kb.
- Signature, Left Thumb Impression, and Hand-Written Declaration: Aspirants signature should be in black ink on a white paper. Left Thumb Impression should be in black or blue ink on a white paper. Hand-Written Declaration should be written in English with black ink on a white paper. The dimension of the said documents should be 140 pixels x 60 pixels and the size of the documents should be 10-20 kb.
SBI PO 2021: SBI PO Selection Process & Exam Pattern
SBI PO exam follows a three-tier selection process. Candidates are required to get through each of the stages to reach on to the next level. The stages involved in the selection of aspirants are as under:
- 1st Stage: SBI PO Preliminary Exam
- 2nd Stage: SBI PO Main Exam
- 3rd Stage: Group Exercises and Interview
The SBI PO Exam Pattern for Prelims is as under:
|1. SBI PO Preliminary Exam|
The SBI PO Preliminary exam is an objective type test and is conducted for a one-hour duration. The exam has 3 sections having a total of 100 questions with a maximum score of 100 marks. For each wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 0.25. In order to qualify for the SBI PO Mains, it is required of the aspirants to clear the overall cut off marks for Prelims.
|2. SBI PO Main Exam|
SBI PO Mains has two sections- Objective and Descriptive. The objective section is of 200 marks and the Descriptive section carries 50 marks. Both of these tests are taken online. A descriptive test will be conducted right after the completion of the objective test on the same day.
The SBI PO Mains objective test is of 3 hours duration and consists of 4 sections carrying a total of 200 marks. The objective test has separate timings for every section.
The SBI PO Main exam pattern is as under:
|Sections||Total Number of Questions/Maximum Marks||Total Time Duration|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45/60||60 minutes or 1 hour|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35/60||45 minutes|
|Banking/General/Economy Awareness||40/40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35/40||40 minutes|
SBI PO descriptive test carries 50 marks with a time duration of 30 minutes. This section tests your English writing skills as it contains two sections: Letter Writing and Essay.
|3. Group Exercises and Interview|
Selection for the Group Exercises and Interview will be based on a category-wise merit list. The category-wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Main Examination. There will be no sectional cut-off. Candidates numbering up to 3 times (approx.) of the category wise vacancies will be shortlisted for the Group Exercise and Interview from the top of the category wise merit list subject to a candidate scoring the minimum aggregate qualifying score.
20 marks will be given for Group Exercises and 30 marks for the Interview. Candidates qualifying for Group Exercises and Interview under the ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy layer’ clause.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination will not be added for preparing the final merit list for selection.
- Only the marks obtained in the Main Examination, both in the Objective Test and the Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in Group Exercise and Interview for preparing the final merit list.
- Candidates will have to qualify both in the Prelims and Main exam separately.
- Marks secured by the candidates in the Main Examination (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 marks and marks secured in the Group Exercise & Interview out of 50 marks are converted to out of 25 marks.
- The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating (out of 100) converted marks of Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview.
- The final selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category. SBI PO Result of the candidates who qualify in Main Examination and Group Exercise & Interview, as well as the final selection list, will be made available on the official website.
SBI PO 2021: SBI PO Syllabus
SBI PO syllabus is almost the same as that of other bank exams.
SBI PO Syllabus for both Prelims and Mains for each of the section is mentioned below:
|SBI PO Syllabus For Reasoning Ability|
This section tests your analytical and reasoning skills. The topics in this section are mentioned below:
|Coding and Decoding|
|Circular Seating Arrangement|
|Linear Seating Arrangement|
|Directions and Distance|
|Ordering and Ranking|
|Course of Action|
|Analytical and Decision Making|
|SBI PO Syllabus For Quantitative Aptitude|
This section requires you to have a fair knowledge of high school Mathematics. The section tests both your Mathematical and analytical skills. The topics for this section are tabulated below:
|Profit and Loss|
|Mixtures and Allegations|
|Simple and Compound Interest|
|Surds and Indices|
|Work and Time|
|Time and Distance|
|Ratio and Proportion|
|Sequence and Series|
|Permutation and Combination|
|SBI PO Syllabus For English Language|
This section tests your knowledge of English grammar and vocabularies. Topics for English Language are as under:
|Fill in the Blanks|
|SBI PO Syllabus For General Awareness|
This section tests your knowledge of current affairs as well as knowledge about banking and economy. The various topics for this section are as under:
|Current Affairs- Technology, Sports, Awards, Books & Authors, Awards, National & International Events etc|
|Banking and Financial Awareness|
|SBI PO Syllabus For Computer Awareness|
This section tests your basic knowledge of Computer hardware and software. You should have a basic understanding of computer operation to get through this section. The topics included in this section are as under:
|SBI PO Syllabus For Descriptive Test|
The Descriptive Test comprises Essay Writing and Letter Writing. Usually, official or business letters are asked in the test. Essay topics could be related to the economy, society, culture or politics.
SBI PO 2021: SBI PO Books
The most relevant and best SBI PO books are mentioned below:
|SBI PO Books For Quantitative Aptitude|
- i) Advanced Maths for General Competitions.
- ii) Data Interpretation Magical Book Series.
- iii) Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma.
|SBI PO Books For Reasoning Ability|
- i) Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey.
- ii) A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal.
|SBI PO Books For English Language|
- i) Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.
|SBI PO Books For General Awareness|
- i) Banking Awareness by Arihant.
- ii) Banking Awareness by RPH Editorial Board Ramesh Publishing House.
- iii) Banking Awareness for SBI/IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/SO/RRB & RBI exams by Disha Publications.
|SBI PO Books For Computer Awareness|
- i) by Rani Ahilya Lucent.
- ii) by Arihant.
- iii) by R Pillai Arihant.
SBI PO 2021: SBI PO Preparation Tips
Here are a few points to note about SBI PO preparation:
- The preparation for SBI PO demands the candidates to be serious and methodical right from the beginning as SBI PO is one of the toughest exams.
- Create your study plan in a manner that you do not have to fret at the last moment.
- The syllabus for the exam is vast and requires preparation right from the release of notification.
- It is very essential to choose the right study material in order to score well in the exam.
- In order to get through the cutoff score of SBI PO, start your preparation by first understanding the related topics.
- The theory and concept behind each topic should be clear to you.
- Do not go for rote learning as that is not advisable for any entrance examination.
- Go through the examples of each topic before solving questions. Sections like Reasoning Ability and Quantitative Aptitude requires you to practice as many questions as you can.
- Practising SBI PO Mock Tests is also necessary as it will help you in improving your problem-solving efficiency, understanding the difficulty level of the exam and the types of questions asked.
- General Awareness, Computer Awareness and English Language need extensive reading. Reading will enhance your knowledge of current affairs, sentence formation, grammar, vocabularies and much more.
SBI PO 2021: SBI PO Admit Card
SBI issues separate admit card for each stage of the exam. Admit card for Prelims will be issued to aspirants who register themselves successfully for the exam. As far as SBI PO Mains is concerned, only candidates who clear the Prelims will receive the call letter. Again, SBI PO hall ticket for Personal Interview will be issued only to those candidates who clear the SBI PO Main exam.
No aspirant will be allowed to take the exam without their SBI PO Admit Card. Candidates will be notified about the issuance of admit cards through their registered email and mobile number. In order to download the admit card from the official website of SBI, aspirants need to log in using their Provisional Registration Number and Password.
SBI PO 2021: SBI PO Result
The SBI PO Result for each stage will be declared separately on the official website of SBI. In order to check the results, aspirants have to log in using their Registration Number and Date of Birth. SBI PO Mains result for 2020 has released on the official website on February 16.
SBI PO 2021: SBI PO Cutoff Score
SBI PO cut off keeps altering every year based on the following factors:
- i) Total number of aspirants taking the exam.
- ii) Total number of vacancies.
- iii) Difficulty level of the paper both section as well as overall.
The SBI declares the cutoff score after the completion of SBI PO exam. Note that there is no sectional cutoff in SBI PO Prelims and Mains.
FAQs On SBI PO Examination 2020-21
Here we have provided some of the frequently asked questions:
Q: When will the SBI PO 2021 Notification be out?
A: SBI PO 2021 Official Notification will release soon on the official website.
Q: When will the SBI PO Exam 2021 be conducted?
A: The date for SBI PO 2021 exam will be notified in the notification.
Q: What is the age limit for applying for SBI PO?
A: The age limit for applying for SBI PO is 21 to 30 years. There is age relaxation for reserved candidates as well.
Q: How many stages are there in SBI PO recruitment?
A: There are three stages in the SBI PO recruitment process, namely Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
Q: Is there a negative marking in SBI PO Exam?
A: Yes, there is negative marking for every wrong answer in both Preliminary and Mains Exam of SBI PO 2020. One-fourth of the total marks allotted to that question will be deducted.
Embibe hopes that this detailed article on SBI PO 2021 helps you understand the essential points regarding the exam.
Take free bank mock test series on Embibe in order to boost your confidence as well as to keep track of how well prepared you are for the exam. We wish you all the best!1264 Views