SRMJEEE Counselling 2020: SRMJEEE Counselling will be conducted after the SRMJEEE results are announced. SRMJEEE Counselling Information is expected to be released in April, 2020, along with the SRMJEEE Results. However, the official dates for SRMJEEE Counselling are yet to be announced and we will update you once it is announced officially.
A merit list of selected candidates is prepared based on the SRMJEEE Exam 2020 once the exam is conducted and the results are out. The candidates are called for the counselling process based on this merit list. The counselling process can be online or offline mode and will be conducted in two phases. Registration, document verification, selection of specialization, selection of SRM campus (as per specific criteria), allotment of course and course fees payment are the various steps involved in the counselling process. This article will provide you with all the information regarding SRMJEEE Counselling 2020. Read and find out.
SRMJEEE Counselling 2020
SRMJEEE Counselling is expected to be conducted in the month of May 2020 in both online and offline modes. Counselling will be conducted in two phases- B.Tech counselling Phase I and B.Tech counselling Phase II. The number of candidates called for SRMJEEE Counselling will be based on the number of seats available, choices made by candidates in 1st Phase (if done), ranks and scores of participating candidates, fulfilling program-specific criteria, remaining seats in various streams/branches after Phase l counselling (if done) etc.
- Candidates are called for counselling mainly based on the merit list prepared on the basis of SRMJEEE score.
- The offline SRMJEEE Counselling will be conducted on the university campus.
- The shortlisted candidates will receive a Call Letter which is to be downloaded from the official site by logging into your account.
- Only candidates with a Counselling Call Letter will be allowed for the counselling process.
SRMJEEE Counselling 2020 | Important Dates
Let’s go through the schedule of SRMJEEE Counselling 2020 which are as follows:
|SRMJEEE Exam Date||To Be Announced|
|SRMJEEE Results||To Be Announced|
|SRMJEEE counselling Information||To Be Announced|
|SRMJEEE counselling (Online)||To Be Announced|
SRMJEEE Counselling 2020 | SRMJEEE Counselling Process
The candidates are given a rank based on their performance in SRMJEEE Exam. On the basis of this rank selected candidates will be invited to attend the counselling process. The date and time for SRMJEEE Counselling will be provided by the university on the official website and the counselling details will also be sent to the candidate through the registered email ID and phone number provided.
SRMJEEE Counselling – Phase I
SRMJEE counselling phase I is conducted through offline mode at the SRM college campus. The counselling process and steps are stated as follows:
SRMJEEE Counselling 2020: Counselling Call Letter
Let’s go through the step by step counselling process of SRMJEEE:
- Step 1: Candidates need to login into their account and register themselves for the counselling process by using their application number, date of birth and other relevant details.
- Step 2: Download the counselling call letter and take a few hard copies.
- Step 3: Take the call letter and other necessary documents as listed below and report to the venue as per the schedule.
- Step 4: The date and time are based on the rank of the candidate and the document verification process will be done according to this schedule.
SRMJEEE Counselling 2020: Document Verification
The document verification process is as follows:
- During the verification process, candidates have to carry their original documents for verification at the counselling venue.
- Candidates need to carry photocopies of the original documents as well. Without document verification, no further process will be held.
SRMJEEE Counselling 2020: Seat Allotment
After successful completion of document verification, the seat allotment process will start and the candidate needs to be physically present for this process. The process is as follows:
- Candidate needs to choose the specialization/branch as per the seat availability, branch-specific criteria and candidate’s performance
- A seat in a specific campus of SRM Institute will be allocated to the candidate considering all the criteria (choice filled by the candidate, rank etc).
- In order to confirm the allotted seat, payment of the tuition fees and other applicable fees needs to be made. The fee is to be paid by Demand Draft (DD) in favour of SRMIST payable at Chennai.
- Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) will be issued by the university to confirm the allotment of the seat.
SRMJEEE Counselling – Phase II
- After the successful completion of Phase l counselling, the Phase ll online counselling will be held for the remaining seats which are to be filled.
- Online counselling is conducted to facilitate those candidates who were not able to attend the on-campus Phase I counselling and also for candidates to whom a seat wasn’t allotted in Phase I of counselling.
- The candidates have to log in to their account, click on the online counselling link and choose the branch/ specialization across all SRM colleges depending on the seat availability.
- Enter your choices and other relevant information and complete the online option entry process. Candidates must also upload their 10th and 12th marks card to be eligible for the allotment process.
- After the successful payment of the prescribed fees, the seat allotment will be made based on the rank, seat availability, choices made by the candidate etc.
SRMJEEE Counselling 2020 | Documents To Be Carried For Document Verification
The documents to be carried by the candidates for document verification are as follows:
- Counselling Call Letter
- 10th and 12th Marks Card
- SRMJEEE 2020 Rank Card
- SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card
- photo Identity Proof (PAN, Aadhaar, Passport)
- Receipts of fees paid through e-payment mode or DD.
- Cancelled cheque leaf with the name of candidate/parent printed on it.
SRMJEEE Counselling 2020 | FAQs
Q1- What is the SRMJEEE Counselling fee?
Ans- The SRMJEEE Counselling has criteria of INR 10,000/- as the counselling fee. Moreover, the tuition fee amount is different.
Q2- What happens in the SRMJEEE Counselling?
Ans- The SRMJEEE Counselling will be done for the seat allotments to the candidates. If qualified, you will have to register yourself for the counselling process. Report to the institution on the schedule fixed for you. Your document verification will be done as per your rank. Moreover, you will have to choose the branch and the specialization. It will result in the suitable seat allotment for you.
Q3- Is SRMJEEE Counselling fee refundable?
Ans- No, the SRMJEEE Counselling fee is not refundable once paid.
We have now provided all the information you need regarding SRMJEEE Counselling 2020. This information is based on previous year data and we will update you once the official counselling details are announced.
As all the engineering entrance exams have almost the same syllabus and pattern hence, take JEE Mains Mock Test on Embibe which will help you in your preparation. With Embibes detailed result analysis, you will be able to analyse where you make mistakes and hence you can rectify them. It will help you to fix your knowledge gaps as well as improve your problem-solving skills and test-taking skills like time management, prioritization of questions, etc. You can also solve free JEE Main practice questions on Embibe.
Embibe’s premium product RANKUP provides personalized guidance and ensures your overall development. With RANKUP, score improvement and hence, a higher rank is guaranteed.
We hope we have answered all your questions. In case of any further query, feel free to post in the comment box below. We will get back to you with the answer at the earliest.60 Views