JEE Main Analysis 2023: January Session Exam AnalysisMay 26, 2023
39 Insightful Publications
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board will conduct the WBJEE examinations 2023 for admission to various undergraduate programmes. WBJEE 2023 exam will be conducted on April 30, 2023. Aspirants who wish to attempt this state-level entrance examination must understand the WBJEE exam pattern.
Along with the WBJEE exam pattern, candidates must also check the WBJEE syllabus to prepare for the exam. They can refer to this article to learn about the WBJEE full marks, total marks, the pattern of the paper, WBJEE number division and more.
– The WJBEE admit card has been released on April 20, 2023.
– The WJBEE Application Process started on December 23, 2022.
– WBJEE 2023 Information Bulletin is released. (Direct Link)
– WBJEE 2023 exam will be conducted on April 30, 2023.
Candidates should first get an overview of the exam before they get to know about the WBJEE exam pattern. Here is a brief overview of the WBJEE exam:
|Name of the Exam||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations (WBJEE)|
|Exam Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|WBJEE Time Duration||Four hours|
Paper I: Mathematics (11 AM to 1 PM)
Paper II: Physics and Chemistry (2 PM to 4 PM)
|Type of Question||Multiple type questions|
|Number of Questions||Physics – 40 questions|
Chemistry – 40 questions
Mathematics – 75 questions
|Category-wise Division of Questions||Mathematics:|
Category 1 – 50 Questions
Category 2 – 15 Questions
Category 3 – 10 Questions
Physics and Chemistry:
Category 1 – 30 Questions
Category 2 and 3 – 5 Questions
The following are the two papers in WBJEE:
WBJEE Exam Pattern
|Section||Total number of questions||WBJEE Total Marks Allotted|
Candidates appearing for the exam must know the marking scheme of WBJEE. As per the WBJEE exam pattern, there is a category-wise negative marking for incorrect answers, and each correct answer is awarded category-wise marks. For unattempted answers, no marks will be deducted. The below table provides a clear idea of how the WBJEE answer sheets are marked.
WBJEE Marks Distribution
|Category 1||1 Mark|
|Category 2||2 Marks|
|Category 3||2 Marks|
|Total Marks of WBJEE||50||100||50|
The marking scheme of WBJEE is divided into 3 categories:
“Does WBJEE has negative marking?” or “is there negative marking in WBJEE exam?” are questions that the aspirants commonly tend to ask, and quite rightly so, because everybody wants to score well in the examination. The answer is, yes, there is a negative marking in WBJEE. The below chart provides information about the WBJEE negative marking for each category of questions in the WBJEE exams:
|Category 3||There is no negative marking|
Candidates have to follow some important pointers when they appear for the WBJEE exams:
(1) There are multiple types of questions in a random sequence. Candidates have to choose the correct response from the given four options.
(2) As the exam is held in offline mode, candidates have to fill in all the details with a blue or black ballpoint pen.
(3) Candidates are allowed to open their question booklets only when their exam starts. Also, after the test, the test booklet and answer sheet have to be submitted to the invigilator, or else the candidate is treated as absent for the entrance test.
(4) The responses marked in the answer sheet of WBJEE cannot be edited.
(5) In case of any issue with the test booklet, candidates must immediately report to the invigilator to replace both the test booklet and the answer sheet.
(6) The invigilator asks the candidates to open the seal of the test booklet five minutes before the paper starts. Candidates should refrain from opening the seal of the question booklet before they are instructed to do so.
(7) Candidates belonging to the PwD category are eligible for 20 minutes of extra time in each paper, for which they have to sit for the examination in the Board’s office in Kolkata.
Along with the WBJEE paper pattern, candidates must also know the syllabus before they start preparing for the entrance exam. The syllabus of WBJEE has topics from different sections from where the questions can be asked in the exam. Candidates can download the WBJEE syllabus for the forthcoming examination. They can accordingly prepare well for the examination and score better.
Candidates preparing for their WBJEE exams are advised to start their preparation at the earliest instead of waiting until the last minute. They can check some of the preparation tips for WBJEE below:
(1) Candidates preparing for the WBJEE must know the syllabus and paper pattern of the exam.
(2) Get the best books available for the entrance exam. Books are helpful in clearing the basic concepts.
(3) Make a study plan to prepare for the entrance exam and follow it strictly.
(4) Divide all the sections equally so that candidates do not miss any topic or sub-topics.
(5) Take mock tests that are available at Embibe and solve WBJEE previous years’ question papers and sample papers.
(6) In the last month, they should not take any new topics and keep on revising.
(7) Take proper sleep and eat properly.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions on the WBJEE Exam Pattern:
Ans: The authorities conduct the WBJEE in pen and paper-based mode (offline).
Ans: The WBJEE 2023 exam will be conducted on April 30, 2023.
Ans: The WBJEE exam is conducted for a total of 4 hours.
Ans: In Category-I and Category-II, only one answer option is correct, while in Category-III, there might be one or more answer options that are correct.
Ans: In category 3, more than 1 option may or may not be right. So, the full marks will be awarded only if the candidates mark all the right answers. However, in the case of a partially correct response without any incorrect marking, this formula will be applied to calculate the score – 2 x (no of correct response) / (total number of correct options).
|WBJEE Preparation Tips||WBJEE Previous Year Question Papers||WBJEE Answer Key|
|WBJEE Mock Test||WBJEE Notification||WBJEE Admit Card|
We hope that this article on WBJEE Exam Pattern helps you. If you have any queries regarding the WBJEE paper pattern or the exam in general, then you can connect with us on the Embibe app, and we will surely assist you in the best possible way.
Stay tuned to Embibe for the latest news and updates on the exam pattern of WBJEE.
Unleash Your True Potential With Personalised Learning on EMBIBECreate Free Account