WBJEE Preparation 2019: West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE 2019) is expected to be scheduled in the third week of April 2019. Students aspiring to get admission to UG engineering courses in various colleges of West Bengal must pull up their socks and start off with their WBJEE preparation. WBJEE is highly competitive but if you prepare in a smart manner, you can definitely crack WBJEE 2019 easily.
To help you with your preparation for the exam, we have provided you with some tips to crack WBJEE 2019. Read on to find out.
WBJEE Preparation 2019
Let us have an overview of WBJEE, 2019 before going forward with the WBJEE preparation:
|Name of the Exam||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2019 (WBJEE 2019)|
|Conducting Authority||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB)|
|Online Registration Starts||Third Week of December 2018|
|Online Registration Ends||Fourth Week of January 2019|
|Exam Date||Third Week of April 2019|
|Duration of Exam||4 hours|
|Result Date||Fourth Week of May 2019|
WBJEE Preparation 2019: WBJEE Exam Pattern
Having knowledge of WBJEE exam pattern and WBJEE syllabus is a must to plan your preparation. The different subjects of WBJEE along with the number of questions and maximum marks for each section are tabulated below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
Let us now move into the WBJEE preparation tips for each subject;
WBJEE Preparation Tips For Mathematics
The WBJEE preparation tips for Mathematics are as under:
1. Build Strong Concepts: The Mathematics section is not a difficult nut to crack. If you work on the concepts of every chapter, understand the theory behind them, then solving questions will be easier. Most of the students do not care about the theory behind various concepts of Mathematics and hence, are unable to score well. Do not make this mistake.
2. Learn Deriving Formulae: Formulae are the backbone of the subject. But it’s difficult to learn and memorize all the formulae from the syllabus. At the same time, without knowing the formulae, you can’t solve the questions. So, to tackle this, WBJEE aspirants should know how to derive the formulae and then memorize them so that they can derive the formulae if necessary.
3. Practice Problems Diligently: Mathematics is all about practice. The more you practice, the better you get at solving questions. It also helps in remembering the formulas, and their application as well as learning shortcuts and tricks to solve problems.
WBJEE Preparation Tips For Physics
The WBJEE preparation tips for Physics are as under:
1. Make Synopsis Of Chapters: As you study and understand Physics for WBJEE, make synopsis of the chapters – notes and bullets of the concepts, diagrams, block diagrams, flowcharts, etc. This will help you visualize the various concepts and memorize the important points, formulas, etc. If you find any specific formulae or concept hard to understand or apply to solve questions, then you can go through the synopsis couple of times. It will also be of great help when you revise the subject.
2. Work On Physics Numericals: Physics is a subject that needs a high level of conceptual knowledge and application skills. This can be achieved with a rigorous practice of questions alongside reading and understanding the theory. Solve as many practice questions as possible
3, Improve Your Speed: Physics questions can be tricky at times. You might end up spending a lot of time on a question which you thought was easy. So, as you practice, keep track of the time you are spending on each question and increase your speed to solve questions.
WBJEE Preparation Tips For Chemistry
The WBJEE Chemistry preparation tips are as under:
1. Understand Basics Of Chemistry: Chemistry requires remembering a lot of information, from formulas, equations, reactions to complicated steps and application of theory to solve questions. This may become very difficult; it is, in fact, humanly impossible to memorize all these information. The best way to deal with Chemistry is to have a crystal clear understanding of the basics.
2. Understand Chemical Reactions & Equations: Rather than trying to memorize the various reactions and equations, understand how a particular kind of reaction works and then practice questions based on that.
3. Practice Sufficient Questions Regularly: Regular practice of problems, both numerical and conceptual, is a must if you want to score high in Chemistry.
General Tips For WBJEE Preparation 2019
Some of the general tip for WBJEE preparation 2019 are as under:
1. Create A Timetable And Set Targets: Having a realistic timetable to fixed time slots allocated for each subject will help you finish the syllabus in time. Also, set, daily, weekly and monthly goals.
2. Practice On A Daily Basis: Cracking any entrance exams is all about practice. Practice all three subjects of WBJEE on a daily basis. As the Mathematics section has maximum weightage, allocate more time to Mathematics. Practicing helps in improving both speed and accuracy.
3. Finish The Syllabus As Early As Possible: You must finish the entire WBJEE syllabus as early as possible so that you have enough time in hand to revise the entire syllabus and master the important chapters.
4. Devote Time To Revision: Without revision your WBJEE preparation is incomplete. If you focus on just learning new concepts and finishing the syllabus, you will end up forgetting whatever you completed before. So, stay in touch with the chapters and concepts you have finished long ago and practice them as well.
5. Take Mock Tests: Once you finish the entire syllabus, take WBJEE mock tests on a regular basis. Analyze your performance and work on your weaknesses and mistakes, like chapters and concepts you got incorrect, couldn’t answer or took too much time to solve, gaps in your time management and question selection skills, etc. This will improve your overall test-taking strategy and your score will increase.
You can take JEE Main mock tests of Embibe which are available for free. WBJEE is easier than JEE Main but the syllabus is almost the same for both these exams. Therefore, taking JEE Main mock tests and getting used to its difficulty level will definitely prepare you to face WBJEE with ease. You can also solve JEE Main practice questions for free on Embibe.
We hope this detailed article on WBJEE preparation tips helps you. For any specific question related to WBJEE 2019, drop your query in the comment section below and we will respond at the earliest.