CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths: Are you looking for solutions to the questions present in between text and exercises. Then you are in the right place. Here you can find the solutions to those questions. All these solutions have been solved by the academic experts of Embibe. You can find the NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths All Chapters from this article. We have provided the NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths PDF all for free. So download the NCERT Solutions PDF and use it to refer to solve the NCERT questions.
Some of these questions present in the NCERT Textbooks are not normal questions. One requires to understand the concept very well in order to solve the NCET Questions for Class 8 Maths. There have been cases where these questions have been asked in the board examination. So we suggest that every student should read the chapter first and try to understand the concept. If they are not able to understand the topic then they are advised to refer to the solutions.
CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths
This is where you can find the NCERT Solutions for all the chapters of Class 8 Maths. We have covered everything from chapter 1 to chapter 18. Read the short description of all the chapters so that you can have a glimpse about the NCERT Chapters present in Maths. We have provided the NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths PDF in the table provided below.
- • Chapter 1: Rational Numbers
- • Chapter 2: Linear Equations in One Variable
- • Chapter 3: Understanding Quadrilaterals
- • Chapter 4: Practical Geometry
- • Chapter 5: Data Handling
- • Chapter 6: Squares and Square Roots
- • Chapter 7: Cubes and Cube Roots
- • Chapter 8: Comparing Quantities
- • Chapter 9: Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- • Chapter 10: Visualizing Solid Shapes
- • Chapter 11: Mensuration
- • Chapter 12: Exponents & Powers
- • Chapter 13: Direct and Inverse Proportions
- • Chapter 14: Factorization
- • Chapter 15: Introduction to Graphs
- • Chapter 16: Playing with Numbers
Advantages Of CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths By Embibe
Here are some benefits of solving the NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths which have been solved by the experts of Embibe.
- Cover All Fundamentals: All the NCERT Solutions for Class 8 have been solved and explained so that any student can understand. All the principle and laws have been covered in NCERT Solutions. If you have not able to understand the topics clearly then read these NCERT solutions it will be helpful if you understand it with an example.
- Completing Assignments on Time: Did your teacher has given you an assignment on these NCERT Solutions then these NCERT Solutions will be helpful for completing your assignment. We suggest that first, you try to solve the NCERT questions present in intext questions and exercises. If you are not getting it then only refer to the NCERT Solutions and try to understand what went wrong. These will help you in developing reasoning ability.
- Helpful for Competitive Examination: Some of these NCERT Questions can be tricky and more practical oriented. In order to solve such kind of questions, one needs to have a practical understanding of the chapter. If you are solving such kind of questions then it will help you to know the way of solving such difficult questions. Most of the competitive examinations like JEE, NEET, and Olympiad ask such kind of questions and if you have solved these NCERT questions then it is really helpful for the competitive exams.
- Strictly follow the CBSE Marking Scheme: Embibe’s academic experts have solved the NCERT Solutions step by step and have shown how a student should also solve in the board examination. If you follow the steps then according to CBSE Marking scheme you will be getting the full marks.
- Offer in-depth knowledge in easy language: Although the questions have been solved by the academic experts, it is explained in by keeping in mind that a class 8 student is reading these NCERT solutions.
CBSE NCERT Solution for Class 8 Maths: All Chapter Descriptions
Here are the descriptions of the Chapters present in the Class 8 NCERT Textbooks.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 1: Rational Numbers
Let’s take this equation 2x = 3. If you try to find the value of x, it will come as x = 3/2. Now such values of x where the value of x comes in the form of p/q are called rational numbers. But it has to be noted that q ≠ 0. The two rational numbers say a/b and p/q can be added, subtracted, multiplied, divided.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 2: Linear Equations in One Variable
First, you need to understand what is a linear expression. A quick way to understand is that in linear expression the value of the expression varies linearly based on the value of its variables. For example, 2x – 3. If you draw the graph of this expression by putting the values of the x and y. The graph will come as a straight line. On non-variable expression such as x2 + 3 will give you a non-linear graph. Now when you say linear equation in one variable it means where there is only one variable like x + 3. Whereas x + y is a linear expression with two variables. Now if we say 2x – 3, then it means this is an expression whereas if we say 2x – 3 = 7 then this will be called as a linear equation.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 3: Understanding Quadrilaterals
Paper is a model for a plane surface. When you join a number of points without lifting a pencil from the paper (and without retracing any portion of the drawing other than single points), you get a plane curve. A simple closed curve made up of only line segments is called a polygon. A regular polygon is both ‘equiangular’ and ‘equilateral’. For example, a square has sides of equal length and angles of equal measure. Hence it is a regular polygon. A rectangle is equiangular but not equilateral. So in this chapter, you will learn about different types of Polygon and their properties.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 4: Practical Geometry
You have learnt how to draw triangles in Class 6. We require three measurements (of sides and angles) to draw a unique triangle. Since three measurements were enough to draw a triangle, a natural question arises whether four measurements would be sufficient to draw a unique four-sided closed figure, namely, a quadrilateral. In this chapter you will learn how to construct a unique quadrilateral given the following measurements:
- • When four sides and one diagonal are given.
- • When two diagonals and three sides are given.
- • When two adjacent sides and three angles are given.
- • When three sides and two included angles are given.
- • When other special properties are known. Let us take up these constructions one-by-one.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 5: Data Handling
Data is usually collected in the context of a situation that we want to study. For example, a teacher may like to know the average height of students in her class. To find this, she will write the heights of all the students in her class, organise the data in a systematic manner and then interpret it accordingly. Sometimes, data is represented graphically to give a clear idea of what it represents. So in this chapter, students will learn how to represent data in the form of graphical manner.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 6: Square & Square Roots
What are Squares and Square Roots? Basically square of a number is the product of that number with itself. Suppose n is the number. It’s square will be denoted as ‘n2‘ and is read as ‘n squared’ or ‘n raised to 2’. Value of ‘n2‘ is equal to ‘n × n’. Now, we know that 25 is a perfect square. Then what will be ‘5’ called? Well, 5 is the square root of the square number 25. In this chapter, we’ll learn about Square and Square Roots and how to find them.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 7: Cubes & Cube Roots
This chapter deals with an important topic to build the foundation of the students while dealing with numbers and complex numerical operations. NCERT Grade 8 Mathematics Chapter 7 – Cubes and Cube Roots help the students to learn and master multiplication and division on the advanced level. The summary and assessments help the students to deal with the chapter and solve the sums given in the chapter. Right from the alpha to omega of dealing with cubes and cube roots, this chapter helps the students to understand what is a cube, how it is derived and other fundamentals. New concepts, interesting problems, solved and unsolved examples given in simple language make this chapter interesting and fun to learn.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 8: Comparing Quantities
In this chapter, students will learn about the following topics:
- Recalling Ratios and Percentages
- Finding the Increase or Decrease Percent
- Finding Discounts
- Estimation in Percentages
- Prices Related to Buying and Selling (Profit and Loss)
- Finding cost price/selling price
- Profit %/loss%
- Sales Tax/Value Added Tax/Goods and Services Tax
- Compound Interest
- Deducing a Formula for Compound Interest
- Rate Compounded Annually or Half Yearly (Semi-Annually)
- Applications of Compound Interest Formula
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 9: Algebraic Expressions and Identities
In this chapter, students will discuss about the following topic: What are Expressions? Terms, Factors and Coefficients, Monomials, Binomials and Polynomials, Like and Unlike Terms, Addition and Subtraction of Algebraic Expressions, Multiplication of Algebraic Expressions: Introduction, Multiplying a Monomial by a Monomial, Multiplying two monomials, Multiplying three or more monomials, Multiplying a Monomial by a Polynomial, Multiplying a monomial by a binomial, Multiplying a monomial by a trinomial, Multiplying a Polynomial by a Polynomial, Multiplying a binomial by a binomial, Multiplying a binomial by a trinomial, What is an Identity? Standard Identities and Applying Identities.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 10: Visualizing Solid Shapes
All of us have seen a pyramid, what’s its shape? Conical! That’s right. What about football? What is the shape of a football? Spherical, you’d say? You’re right again. So what’re these shapes? These are solid shapes. In simple terms, we’re visualising solid shapes. So in this chapter, you will learn more detail about visualizing the solid shapes.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 11: Mensuration
In this chapter, students will learn about the measurement of the geometric figures and their parameters like length, volume, shape, surface area, lateral surface area, etc. Here, the concepts of mensuration are explained and all the important mensuration formulas and properties of different geometric shapes and figures are covered.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 12: Exponents & Powers
When we have to repeatedly multiply a number by itself, we raise it to power. This is known as Exponent. The power in the exponent represents the number of times that we want to carry out the multiplication operation. Exponents have their own set of rules when it comes to carrying out Arithmetic Operations. In this chapter, we will learn about powers, exponents and their peripheral rules.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 13: Direct & Inverse Proportions
Sometimes a change in the proportions of one quantity means a change in the proportions of the other! For example, when you buy more apples, you’ll have to pay more money. Similarly, if we increase the speed of a vehicle, the time that it takes to cover some distance goes down. The first is an example of direct proportionality and the second is an example of quantities that are inversely proportional.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 14: Factorization
Let us take a natural number, say 30, and write it as a product of other natural numbers, say 30 = 2 × 15 = 3 × 10 = 5 × 6 Thus, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 15 and 30 are the factors of 30. Of these, 2, 3 and 5 are the prime factors of 30.
A number written as a product of prime factors is said to be in the prime factor form; for example, 30 written as 2 × 3 × 5 is in the prime factor form. The prime factor form of 70 is 2 × 5 × 7. The prime factor form of 90 is 2 × 3 × 3 × 5, and so on. Similarly, we can express algebraic expressions as products of their factors. This is what we shall learn to do in this chapter.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 15: Introduction to Graphs
The purpose of the graph is to show numerical facts in visual form so that they can be understood quickly, easily and clearly. Thus graphs are visual representations of data collected. Data can also be presented in the form of a table; however, a graphical presentation is easier to understand. This is true in particular when there is a trend or comparison to be shown. So in this chapter, we will discuss the types of graphs.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 16: Playing with Numbers
You have studied various types of numbers such as natural numbers, whole numbers, integers and rational numbers. You have also studied a number of interesting properties about them. In Class VI, we explored finding factors and multiples and the relationships among them. In this chapter, we will explore numbers in more detail. These ideas help in justifying tests of divisibility.
We hope that these CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths has helped you in your studies. If you have any doubt then you can ask it from the link provided below. Our academic experts will help you regarding any educational doubt.