NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 4: The solutions for Practical Geometry will be very beneficial for students as this chapter carries a significant mark weightage in CBSE Class 8. In the previous classes, you have studied that we require the measurement of three sides and angles in order to construct a triangle. In this unit, you will study what all measurements are required to construct a four-sided closed figure, namely a quadrilateral.
NCERT Solutions provided here are prepared by the best academicians and teachers at Embibe. The solutions are precise, simple and as per the CBSE curriculum so that students can not only complete their homework on time but also score maximum marks in the final exam. Here, in this article, you will find a detailed explanation for each and every question from your NCERT Maths Book.
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 4: Practical Geometry
Before getting into the details of CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Maths, let’s have a look at the list of topics and sub-topics under this chapter:
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 4: Solved Exercises And In-Text Questions
8 Class Maths Chapter 4 solution provided here have been solved by the academic experts of Embibe. They have taken into consideration the CBSE guidelines and marking scheme while drafting these NCERT Solutions for Class 8. The language used in these solutions can be easily understandable by a Class 8 student.
Download CBSE Class 8 Solutions for Maths for other chapters from the table below:
- Chapter 1 – Rational Numbers
- Chapter 2 – Linear Equations in One Variable
- Chapter 3 – Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Chapter 5 – Data Handling
- Chapter 6 – Squares and Square Roots
- Chapter 7 – Cubes and Cube Roots
- Chapter 8 – Comparing Quantities
- Chapter 9 – Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Chapter 10 – Visualizing Solid Shapes
- Chapter 11 – Mensuration
- Chapter 12 – Exponents & Powers
- Chapter 13 – Direct and Inverse Proportions
- Chapter 14 – Factorization
- Chapter 15 – Introduction to Graphs
- Chapter 16 – Playing with Numbers
Class 8 Maths Chapter 4: Practical Geometry Summary
In the previous chapter, you have studied that a quadrilateral is a polygon having four sides. Here in this chapter, you will be learning the method of constructing a quadrilateral.
How to Construct a Quadrilateral?
We can easily construct a quadrilateral if the following measurements are provided:
- When four sides and one diagonal are given.
- When two diagonals and three sides are given.
- When two adjacent sides and three angles are given.
- When three sides and two included angles are given.
- When other special properties are known.
In the chapter ‘Practical Geometry’, you will find step-by-step procedures to construct a quadrilateral. You will study each construction in detail.
After completing the chapter, students can draw any type of quadrilateral if five measurements are mentioned in the question.
CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Maths Chapter 4: Preparation Tips
Here are a few preparation tips which students can follow while studying the chapter – Practical Geometry:
- Keep geometrical instruments such as ruler, compass, pencil, eraser with you while solving the questions for this chapter.
- Use a separate notebook to practice the mathematics questions.
- Always use a pencil while drawing or labeling the diagrams.
- The pencil should be sharpened so that the edges of the geometrical figure are constructed neatly.
FAQs Related To Practical Geometry Class 8
Here we have provided some of the frequently asked questions related to CBSE Class 8th Maths Chapter 4 Solutions:
A: A quadrilateral is a polygon with four vertices, four sides, and four angles.
A: There are 6 types of quadrilateral:
(i) Trapezium: A trapezium is a quadrilateral with one pair of parallel sides.
(ii) Parallelogram: A parallelogram is a quadrilateral with two pairs of parallel sides; also, both pairs are equal in length.
(iii) Rectangle: A rectangle is a parallelogram with all 4 angles of equal measure (each of them is 90°).
(iv) Rhombus: A rhombus is a quadrilateral with all four sides of equal lengths. The opposite sides of a rhombus are parallel and opposite angles are equal.
(v) Square: A square is a rectangle whose all sides are equal.
(vi) Kite: A kite is a quadrilateral that has 2 pairs of equal sides that are adjacent to each other.
A: You can download accurate and error-free NCERT solutions on Embibe only. We have provided detailed explanations with illustrations for each and every question so that students understand the underlying concepts behind it.
A: To construct a quadrilateral, we need 5 measurements. These are:
(i) 4 sides and 1 diagonal
(ii) 3 sides and 2 diagonals
(iii) 2 adjacent sides and 3 angles
(iv) 3 sides and 2 included angles
(v) When other special properties are known
After practicing questions from your prescribed NCERT Book, students can also practice free mock test online by clicking on the button provided below.
You can solve the free CBSE Class 8 practice questions on Embibe for Mathematics and Science. You can also take CBSE Class 8 Mock Tests for these subjects. These will be of great help to you.
If you have any query regarding this article on Class 8th Maths Chapter 4, kindly drop your questions in the comment box below and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Stay tuned to Embibe for the latest updates.1356 Views