COMEDK Preparation Tips 2020: The Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges of Karnataka has announced the COMEDK UGET new exam dates for. The exam will now be held on August 19, 2020. Candidates who want to appear for the exam should start their COMEDK 2020 preparation. As the exam is just a few days away, it’s time that students start revising their syllabus to have an effective COMEDK UGET Study Plan & Preparation Strategy. Also, taking COMEDK Mock Test Series will help you in revision.
The COMEDK 2020 exam should not be taken for granted as the paper is complicated in nature. Applicants should begin their COMEDK Preparation with a proper strategy and a structured COMEDK Study plan. For this, we bring this article which will guide in forming a constructive COMEDK preparation plan to score well in the exam.
COMEDK UGET 2020 will be conducted on August 19 in two shifts. Candidates can download their COMEDK Admit Card tentatively from the second week of August 2020.
Please Note: As COMEDK exam pattern is similar to that of JEE Main, you can take the above JEE Main mock tests to boost your revision.
COMEDK 2020 Preparation Tips
Before we get into the details of COMEDK preparation tips, let us take a quick look at an overview of the exam:
|Name of the Exam||COMEDK UGET 2020|
|Conducting Body||The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test|
|Frequency of the Exam||Once a Year|
|Exam Pattern||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||180|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
COMEDK UGET Study Plan: Highlighting Subjects
COMEDK exam follows a single-stage selection procedure. Please note that the COMEDK UGET 2020 will be a Computer Based and follow English as the main language medium. COMEDK exam for engineering consists of three sections, namely:
Now, we will take a look at the COMEDK preparation tips for each subject. This will help you know the important topics and how you can prepare for each section.
Section-wise COMEDK Preparation Strategy
Before you can devise your strategy and study plans, the first thing to note that you are completely aware of the COMEDK Exam Pattern. There are 60 questions asked from each section and the exam would be of three hours. You will get 1 mark each for correct answers and there is no negative marking for every incorrect answer.
Now, let us take a look at the preparatory tips for each subject.
COMEDK Preparation Tips For Physics
Physics is a tough nut to crack. This section cannot be cracked without a well-planned preparation structure. You need to hold firm knowledge of the basics of each chapter as the chapters are interconnected. Follow the COMEDK Preparation Tips as under to plan your study for this subject:
- Have a crystal clear knowledge of the basics of each chapter. You should be able to visualize them.
- Prepare your own notes to aid you in last-minute revision.
- Learn the formulas through their derivation. This will help you understand and memorize them better.
- Diligently practise as many questions as you can for every chapter, of all difficulty level.
- Pay attention to Thermodynamics and Electrostatics as they are quite scoring in nature.
- To avoid confusion, do not refer to multiple books or notes at the same time while preparing for this section.
- Solve previous year questions and questions where you struggle or find difficult for every chapter.
- Revise on a regular basis.
COMEDK 2020 Preparation Tips For Chemistry
Chemistry, with all its reactions, rules, laws, and equations might seem like a difficult subject. But if prepared properly, it can get you more marks than any other section, as it majorly requires good application skills from you. Follow the COMEDK Preparation Tips for Chemistry as under to plan your study well:
- Be absolutely thorough with the syllabus.
- Clear your basic knowledge of each topic before getting into the details. Refer to NCERT Chemistry books or books recommended by your board for this purpose.
- Make notes of important equations, reactions, formulas, rules, laws, etc. It will help you in memorizing them better.
- Go through example problems to see how to approach the questions.
- Start solving Chemistry practice equations only after having proper knowledge of the theories.
- Solve previous years’ question papers to understand the type of questions asked.
- For Organic Chemistry, try to understand the reactions instead of memorizing them. For Inorganic Chemistry, studying on a regular basis will be useful otherwise you will forget.
- Be attentive and patient while studying Chemistry.
- Revise the notes regularly. Write and practice as you revise.
COMEDK UGET Study Plan & Preparation Tips For Mathematics
Mathematics section has its own complexity level. Getting through this section is a bit difficult. However, it is not impossible if you have a strong hold over the basics and good analytical as well as calculation skills. You can follow the below-mentioned COMEDK Preparation tips for Mathematics to ace this section.
- Memorizing each and every formula is the primary step towards your Mathematics preparation.
- Refer NCERT Mathematics book to understand the theory behind every concept.
- List down the formulas for each topic. Revise and practise them regularly.
- Go through example problems and start solving practice questions diligently.
- Never try to memorize the steps for a particular sum, nor any shortcuts/tricks. This will cost you if you forget even a single step.
- Diligently practise complex topics from the beginning. This will help you understand the topics with passing time.
- Pay attention to your weak areas or even specific types of questions that you find difficult to solve.
- Focus on scoring topics like Probability and Matrices and Determinants and master them.
- Solve previous year questions to get an idea about the level of questions asked in the exam.
- Revise and practice on a regular basis. Remember, Mathematics is all about practice.
Before starting off with your COMEDK preparation, make sure you go through COMEDK Exam Pattern and COMEDK Syllabus. Doing so will not only assist you in having a clear idea about the exam but will also aid in quick and comprehensive preparation.
Owing to the similarity of the COMEDK syllabus with that of JEE Main, taking JEE Main Mock Tests will help you in your COMEDK preparation as well. You can also solve JEE Main Practice Questions for free on Embibe. Make the best use of these resources and secure your admission to one of the top colleges under COMEDK UGET. You can also take COMEDK Mock Test on the COMEDK official website in order to assess your COMEDK preparation level.
Now that you know everything related to COMEDK preparation strategy, we hope that this article proves to be helpful for you.
If you have any questions regarding COMEDK Preparation plan, do drop down your queries in the comment section below. We will surely help you out. Embibe wishes you good luck for the exam!1137 Views