GUJCET Notification 2020: Gujarat Common Entrance Test or GUJCET is conducted to select candidates for admission into BTech / BE courses offered by 112 participating colleges of Gujarat. As per the GUJCET notification, the revised exam dates have been announced to be held on August 24, 2020. The exam authorities have also released GUJCET Admit Card and the link to download it is mentioned below.
GUJCET Notification has been released and will be conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB). The counselling and admission process is looked after by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC). In this article, we will tell you the complete details about the GUJCET 2020 notification; including the eligibility, revised exam dates, pattern, syllabus, cutoff, etc. Continue reading this article to know more.
- – (i). As per the latest GUJCET Notification, the exam will be held on August 24, 2020. Candidates can download their GUJCET Admit Card from here.
- – (ii). The registrations for GUJCET Counselling has already been started. Click here to register for GUJCET Counselling here.
GUJCET Notification 2020: An Overview
Before we get down to the details of GUJCET Notification, let us bring you an overview of GUJCET 2020:
|Name of the Exam||Gujarat Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known as||GUJCET|
|GUJCET Conducting Body||Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB)|
|Admission Conducting Body||Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC)|
|Type of Exam||State Level|
|Category of Exam||Undergraduate|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech. and B.E.|
|Duration of Courses||4 Years|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
GUJCET 2020 Exam Dates
Please find the important dates for GUJCET notification as under. This will help you be on track with the events:
|GUJCET 2020 Registration Date||January 21, 2020|
|Last Date for submitting GUJCET 2020|
Application Form and obtain a User ID
|February 15, 2020|
|GUJCET Admit card Availability Date||August 13, 2020 (Released)|
|GUJCET 2020 Application Form Reopened||July 18 – August 7, 2020|
|GUJCET 2020 Exam Date||August 24, 2020|
|Registration For GUJCET Counselling||July 13 – August 28, 2020 |
|Release of GUJCET Answer Key||To Be Notified|
|Declaration of GUJCET Results||To Be Notified|
|GUJCET Counselling||To Be Notified|
As the GUJCET Notification 2020 application dates are already over, we have listed the exam pattern, syllabus and the latest exam events in the next section. If you want to take a look at the GUJCET 2020 eligibility criteria and how to apply sections of the article, kindly scroll down at the last.
GUJCET 2020 Exam Pattern
GUJCET is an offline exam and has two papers. Each question in GUJCET carries 1 mark and for each wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 0.25. The detailed exam pattern and marking scheme for GUJCET 2020 is tabulated below:
|Sections||Total Number Of Questions/Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1: Physics & Chemistry||80 / 80||120 minutes|
|Paper 2: Mathematics||40 / 40||60 minutes|
|Total||120 / 120||180 minutes (3 hours)|
GUJCET 2020 Registration: Syllabus
You can check the detailed syllabus of Gujarat CET 2020 below:
GUJCET Syllabus For Physics
|1||Dual Nature of Radiation & Matte|
|7||Magnetism & Matter|
|8||Electric Charge & Electric Field|
|9||Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance|
|13||Magnetic Effect of Electric Current|
GUJCET Syllabus For Chemistry
|1||Complex Salts or Co-ordination Compound|
|3||Phenols and Ethers|
|4||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|5||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|13||P-Block Elements – II|
|15||Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|16||Halo Alkanes and Halo Arenes|
|17||General Principles & Processes of Isolation of Elements|
GUJCET Syllabus For Mathematics
|1||Sets, Relations & Functions|
|5||Permutation & Combination|
|6||Three Dimensional Geometry|
NOTE: You can refer to the detailed GUJCET 2020 Syllabus.
GUJCET 2020 Notification: Admit Card
GSEB has released the GUJCET admit card on its official website at gujcet.gseb.org. Applicants can be able to download their admit cards only through online mode. They simply have to enter their registered mobile number or the registered email, then they have to enter their birth date or the application number and enter the captcha. Candidates will then be able to view and download their admit cards on their devices.
Applicants are advised to retain their GUJCET hall ticket till the end of the admission process. The hall ticket will have the necessary details of the applicants, including their test centre and timings for GUJCET 2020.
GUJCET 2020 Cut Off
The cut off of GUJCET will be released by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) through its official website. Once the exam authorities released the cut-off, you will get to know the same on this page. GUJCET Cut Off is the minimum marks required to get qualified for the further round of the admission process. Opening and closing ranks will be mentioned in the cut off list.
As per the official GUJCET notification, the cutoff is decided by considering different factors mentioned as under:
- The difficulty level of GUJCET 2020.
- The total number of questions asked.
- The total number of appeared candidates.
- The number of seats in a particular course in the particular institute.
GUJCET Notification: Answer Key
After the conclusion of the examination, the exam officials will release the answer key of GUJCET on the official website. Initially, the preliminary answer key will be published. Candidates will be able to challenge this answer key within a certain time period. After considering all objections/challenges, the final answer key of GUJCET will be issued by the exam authorities.
GUJCET Result 2020
The result of GUJCET will be published in online mode on the official website only. Once the result is published, you will get the direct link to check your GUJCET 2020 result in this article. On the basis of the result, the exam official will prepare the GUJCET merit list 2020. Follow the steps below to check the GUJCET result:
- – 1st Step: Go to the official website – gujcet.gseb.org
- – 2nd Step: Hit the “GUJCET Result 2020 Engineering or Medical” link.
- – 3rd Step: Enter the Roll Number and Date of Birth
- – 4th Step: Click on the “Submit” button.
- – 5th Step: GUJCET result will appear on the screen.
- – 6th Step: Save it and you may take a printout of the same.
GUJCET 2020 Notification: Counselling
GUJCET counselling will be conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC), Gujarat. The registration process for the GUJCET 2020 counselling and seat allotment has already been started. The final allotment will be done on the basis of merit rank and choices filled by the candidates. Once you get provisional allotment, you will have to report at the venue in person along with all relevant documents for document verification to get your seat confirmed.
GUJCET 2020 Counselling Procedures
The following are the steps to be followed in the counselling and seat allotment process of GUJCET 2020:
- Registration For Counselling
- Documents Verification
- Choice Filling
- Seat Allotment (Online)
- Payment of Tuition Fee
- Downloading of Provisional Admission letter
- Reporting to the allocated college/institute with the required certificated/documents
GUJCET 2020 Registration: Exam Centers
The list of cities where GUJCET 2020 is going to be conducted are tabulated below:
|Junagadh and Diu||Junagadh|
|Valsad and Daman, Dadra Nagar Haveli||Valsad|
|Chhota Udepur||Chhota Udepur|
GUJCET Notification: Reservation Of Seats
The reservation criteria for GUJCET 2020 are as under:
|Physically Disabled Category||3%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes||27%|
|Children of Ex-Servicemen and Defense Personnel||1%|
|Unreserved Economically Weaker Section||10%|
GUJCET 2020: Contact Details
You can contact the below authority in case you come across any doubt/query related to GUJCET 2020 Exam:
Address: Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Sector 10, Near Old Sachivalaya, Gandhinagar – 382043
Phone: (079) 23220538
If you want to appear for GUJCET 2021 (next year), you can check the GUJCET eligibility criteria, which is quite mandatory to apply for the exam.
GUJCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for GUJCET, candidates must check the GUJCET eligibility criteria that must be met:
|Nationality||The applicants should be of Indian nationality.|
|Educational Qualification||Applicant should have qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination from Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board or any other recognized board.|
|State Eligibility||Applicants should be a bonafide resident of Gujarat. Applicants who are a resident of Gujarat but residing in other state are also eligible to apply for the exam.|
|Qualifying Marks||General applicants should score a minimum of 45% (for general category) and 40% (for reserved categories) in the qualifying exam.|
How To Apply For GUJCET 2020?
Here are some guidelines to fill up GUJCET 2020 Registration form:
- GUJCET application is available only in the online mode.
- If the data entered is incorrect then an application form can be rejected. The details entered will be verified with the documents that you need to bring during the document verification day.
- No correction can be made after the submission of the application form and payment of application fees.
- Also, note that the GUJCET application fee is non-refundable.
- You are also required to upload scanned images of your signature and photograph. The signature and photos have to be clear.
- The size of the attachment should be between 5KB and 50KB.
- Scanned documents should be only in .jpg/.jpeg format and image resolution should be 300 DPI (Dots per Inch) or above.
- The signature must be on a white paper with black or dark blue ink.
GUJCET 2020 Registration Procedure
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of GUJCET- gujcet.gseb.org.
- – 2nd Step: Click on “Click Here For New Candidates Registration”.
- – 3rd Step: Enter your basic details, including your Email ID and Mobile Number and register yourself.
- – 4th Step: Login with your Email ID and Password.
- – 5th Step: Make the payment of GUJCET application fees. Payment can be made both in online and offline mode.
- – 6th Step: Enter your personal, academic, category details. Upload scanned copies of your “Photograph” and “Signature.”
- – 7th Step: Review the information you have provided and submit your GUJCET online form.
- – 8th Step: Take a print out of the GUJCET application form for future reference.
Now that you know all the details about the GUJCET 2020 Notification. We hope you’ll find it useful. Start your preparation right away so you are completely ready by the time of the exam. Preparing right from the beginning saves you from last-minute confusion. Practice as many mock test papers as you can. You can take the GUJCET Mock Test on Embibe to get a clear idea of the question pattern and difficulty level of GUJCET.
If you have any questions regarding GUJCET 2020 Notification, let us know your queries in the comment section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.726 Views