Hos To Score 60+ In IBPS RRB Prelims Exam: IBPS RRB Prelims exam is scheduled to be held on 01 August, 07 August, 08 August, 14 August and 21 August 2021 in online mode. The official IBPS 2021 notification is expected to be released in June 2021. The countdown has begun and this is the time to indulge in serious exam preparations with a clear target in mind. IBPS RRB Prelims exam is a game of Speed and Accuracy. Thus, candidates need a clear knowledge of concepts and proper practice to score 60+ in IBPS RRB Prelims Office Assistant and Officer Scale 1 exam. In order to achieve this, candidates will have to use their preparation time very smartly. A proper study, revision, and practice strategy will ensure that the candidate scores 60+ marks in IBPS RRB Prelims exam.
Candidates planning to score 60+ in the IBPS RRB Prelims exam will not only have to cover the syllabus on time but also, have to attempt the right questions in the exam with 100% accuracy to maximize their score. Hence, to get clarity on your preparation strategy of How to Score 60+ in IBPS RRB Prelims Office Assistant/ Officer Scale 1 exam, go through the article. Scroll down to check the tips to score 60+ in IBPS RRB Prelims 2021.
How To Score 60+ in IBPS RRB Prelims 2021
In order to score 60 + in the upcoming IBPS RRB Prelims Office Assistant or Officer Scale 1 exam, candidates will have to consider various parameters that influence their performance. Candidates will first have to understand the IBPS RRB Exam Pattern and IBPS RRB Syllabus. Thereafter, a deeper analysis of the type of questions asked in the exam, the difficulty level of the exam, important topics as per marks weightage, and time to cover the syllabus and revision are also to be considered. So, to start with, we will go through the IBPS RRB Prelims exam pattern.
IBPS RRB Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
The IBPS RRB Exam Pattern for Office Assistant and Officer Scale 1 is given below:
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
IBPS RRB Officer Scale 1 Prelims Exam Pattern 2021
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Key Note: A composite time of 45 minutes will be given to complete the test.
How To Score 60+ In IBPS RRB Prelims 2021
Go through the important tips for IBPS RRB Office Assistant & Officer Scale 1 Prelims exam from below:
- Know Important Topics
- – It is essential to check the syllabus and sort important topics.
- – Keeping the time constraints in mind, candidates will have to choose the topics which can yield better marks in less time.
- – Study the high yielding topics and then cover the entire syllabus.
- – Check the difficulty level of the questions and the weightage of marks of each topic to sort them.
- Prepare a Study Plan
- – Once you are aware of the topics and their prioritization, candidates will have to prepare a plan to cover the syllabus in time. Also, allot some time for revision and practice.
- – To start, you can have shorter study sessions and increase it gradually. This is to largely ensure that you are being consistent with your study as per the plan.
- Time Management:
- – Managing the time is very crucial in IBPS RRB Prelims exam. As per the exam pattern, there is less than a minute to solve each question.
- – There is also a negative marking scheme in the exam and candidates cannot afford to get the answers wrong.
- – To tackle this, candidates will have a focus on concept clarity and practice questions regularly.
- Concept Clarity
- – Candidates will have to study the topics and have a proper understanding of the underlying concepts.
- – Work on the fundamental concepts and clear any doubts regarding the topic.
- – One of the ways to have better concept clarity is to solve a variety of sample questions.
- Speed and Accuracy
- – Focusing on problem-solving speed and its accuracy is very important.
- – The marks scored is directly related to the speed and accuracy with which one solves problems.
- – To improve accuracy, solve different types of problems and rectify the mistakes you have done. Learn from your mistakes and clarify all the doubts.
- Take Mock Tests & Revise
- – Taking mock tests on a regular basis is very important to check how well you have prepared.
- – Solving mock papers will help you to move in the right direction and to identify and correct your mistakes.
- – Mock tests will give you a hands-on experience of the exam.
- Develop An Attempt Strategy
- – Prioritizing the right questions depending on the difficulty level and the time to solve the problem is very critical to score high.
- – Even if you have good problem-solving speed and accuracy, you will still need to choose the right questions first to maximize the score.
- – Prioritizing the questions will help in scoring the maximum marks within the specified time.
- – As the Prelims exam has a composite time of 45 minutes, one can easily switch between the subjects and prioritize the questions.
- Work on Your Test-Taking Skills
- – Even after working hard and smart, candidates may commit some silly mistakes or may underestimate or overestimate the questions asked.
- – Thus, candidates will have to practice and pay proper attention to the questions to move ahead in the right direction towards solving it. These challenges can be tackled by taking several IBPS RRB Mock Tests and by analyzing the results.
- – Analyzing the mock test result, identifying the loopholes, and working on them will make you completely ready and confident for the upcoming exam.
How To Score 60+ In IBPS RRB Prelims Exam: Subject-wise Tips
Check the section-wise IBPS RRB preparation tips for Office Assistant & Officer Scale 1 exam from below.
IBPS RRB Preparation Tips For Prelims Quantitative Aptitude/Numerical Ability
Numerical Ability/Quantitative Aptitude section has various topics that will fetch you good marks with less effort and time. Candidates will have to prepare for these topics on priority and then move on to other topics. The list of topics that can yield better results is given below:
- Number Series – These questions are quite easy and one must not spend more time to solve this.
- Simplification & Approximation – For these topics, your solving speed matters. You will have to practice well to increase speed and accuracy.
- Data Interpretation – The questions here are usually easy to moderate in nature. Revise the basic concepts to perform better.
- Quadratic Equations – Questions here are quite easy. However, if a tricky question appears, you can skip it and revisit the question later.
- Miscellaneous/ Arithmetic – Attempt the questions which you find easy. At a later stage, you can revisit to solve the doubtful questions.
Some questions will be direct formula based whereas others might require little analytical skills. Do not spend too much time on difficult questions. Solve the easy ones first and keep the difficult ones for later. Remember that, your aim is to maximize the correct attempt and qualify the cutoff. You need not aim to answer all the 80 questions with lower accuracy. Instead, focus on maximizing the correct attempts.
IBPS RRB Preparation Tips For Prelims Reasoning
The Reasoning section has a variety of topics and the difficulty level varies from easy to moderate. Pay more attention to easy topics and master them. You shouldn’t lose a single mark from these topics. Make a habit to do paperwork to solve the questions instead of doing it mentally. Check the topics which will yield more marks in the Reasoning section.
- Inequality – This is the easiest topic and needs to be attempted first with 100% accuracy.
- Alphanumeric Series – The questions are easy and one must read through and answer the questions carefully.
- Seat Arrangement & Puzzles – Both circular and linear seating arrangement questions are asked. Puzzles of various types are also asked. The puzzles can be tricky. If you find it difficult, solve it later.
- Coding-Decoding – The questions can be of easy to moderate difficulty level. This section can be easy but needs focus. Read the questions carefully before solving them.
- Syllogism – Direct questions are usually asked in this section. Around 5 to 6 questions can be asked from this section.
- Miscellaneous – Questions from topics such as Blood Relation, Distance & Direction, Ranking and Queue are asked. This section is easy.
IBPS RRB 2021: Topic-Wise Weightage
The topic-wise number of questions asked from Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude sections are given in the table below.
IBPS RRB Prelims – Reasoning Section Weightage
|Topic||Weightage (Office Assistant)||Weightage (Officer Scale 1)|
|Inequalities||3-5 Questions||5 Questions|
|Coding-Decoding||5-7 Questions||5-7 Questions|
|Syllogisms||4-6 Questions||4-6 Questions|
|Linear Seat Arrangement||5-10 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Circular Seat Arrangement||5-10 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Puzzles||0-5 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Arrangement & Patterns||10-12 Questions||3-6 Questions|
|Blood Relations||1-4 Questions||2-7 Questions|
|Order & Ranking||0-5 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Direction & Distances||0-5 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Data Sufficiency||0-5 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Verbal Reasoning||0-3 Questions||0-5 Questions|
IBPS RRB Prelims – Quantitative Aptitude Section Weightage
|Topic||Weightage (Office Assistant)||Weightage (Officer Scale 1)|
|Number Series||0-5 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Algebra||0-7 Questions||0-7 Questions|
|Simplification||0-5 Questions||10-15 Questions|
|Data Interpretation||10-15 Questions||10-20 Questions|
|Miscellaneous||10-15 Questions||10-15 Questions|
We have now given all the crucial tips to score 60+ in IBPS RRB 2021 Prelims exam. As the exam is approaching, make sure that you prepare at your level best. Keep the points in mind which are shared here and put complete efforts to ace the exam. Taking mock tests is an inseparable part of IBPS RRB Preparation. So, take the free IBPS RRB Mock Tests on Embibe’s OnlineTyari Platform. Taking these tests will help you understand your mistakes, which will, in turn, ensure that you are moving in the right direction.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about IBPS preparation
|Q. When is IBPS PO 2021 exam scheduled?|
A. According to IBPS Calendar, the prelims exam will be conducted on 01 August, 07 August, 08 August, 14 August and 21 August 2021 in online mode whereas IBPS RRB PO Mains Exam will be held on 25 September.
|Q. What are the factors that contribute to better preparation?|
A. Candidates should start their preparation early and focus on improving academic knowledge as well as test-taking skills.
|Q. Will the IBPS PO Mock test help candidates in scoring high marks?|
A. Yes, attempting a mock test will help candidates in identifying the weak and strong areas. Also, improve time management, speed, accuracy, and attempt strategy required to score more marks.
|Q. What is the syllabus of IBPS PO prelims and mains?|
A. The syllabus for Prelims comprises of English language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. Whereas, the main exam includes, English Language, Data Analysis and Interpretation, Reasoning and Computer Aptitude, and General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness.
| Q. How can I prepare for Bank PO 2021?|
A. 1. Practice as many mock tests as you can.
2. Solve previous year’s question papers thoroughly.
3. Make a schedule to practice and revise topics regularly.
4. Time the mock tests to improve the time-management.
5. Refer to good books and coaching centers for preparation.
We hope this article on IBPS RRB Preparation helps you. If you have any question, feel free to comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest.1726 Views