IBPS PO Preparation 2019-20: IBPS PO Preparation Plan should be formulated keeping in mind the fact that it must look after the candidate’s overall development. IBPS PO is a highly competitive exam and in order to crack this exam with maximum score, one must have high level of knowledge and skills. Most of the candidates focus on just improving their knowledge and finishing off the syllabus. While there is no denying to the fact that finishing off the IBPS PO syllabus with maximum efficiency is important, it is also crucial that candidates also focus on improving their time management and question selection skills. Otherwise, you will end up losing marks, because you won’t be able to finish off the whole paper on time or make silly mistakes. Therefore, your IBPS PO preparation plan must look after all these aspects of a successful test taking process.
IBPS PO Preparation Plan 2019-20 | How To Crack IBPS PO Exam
|Stages||3 (Preliminary, Main, and Personal Interview)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy-moderate|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks|
|Time Duration||1 hour for Prelims and 3 hours 30 minutes for Mains|
|Maximum Marks||100 for Prelims and 225 for Mains|
Let us now look at the IBPS PO exam pattern for Prelims and Mains.
IBPS PO Preparation | IBPS PO Exam Pattern For Prelims
|Sections||Total Number Of Questions/Maximum Marks|
IBPS PO Preparation | IBPS PO Exam Pattern For Mains
|Sections||Total Number Of Questions/Maximum Marks|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||35/60|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45/60|
|Total in Objective Test||155/200|
|English Language (Letter Writing and Essay)||2/25|
Each of the sections for both Prelims and Mains has a separate cutoff score that candidates must clear in order to appear for the next round. For Mains, candidates are recommended to score as high as possible since it is considered for final merit listing. Therefore, your IBPS PO preparation plan must be a well-structured and smart plan.
IBPS PO Preparation | Tips To Plan Your IBPS PO Preparation
IBPS PO Preparation or preparation plans for any competitive exam should be formulated based on the candidate’s needs, convenience, strengths, and weaknesses.
Your IBPS PO preparation plan should be a personalized one as every candidate is different from others. However, certain key points must be kept in mind while you create your IBPS PO preparation plan.
- Create a timetable. Once you have a clear idea about the exam pattern and syllabus of IBPS PO, the next thing to do is create a realistic timetable. Remember that there is no point in creating a timetable to which you cannot stick to. So, spend just 5-6 hours daily for studying. Allocate more time for sections and chapters you are weak at and keep less time for your strong sections/chapters. Also, be ready to change your timetable as you go about with your IBPS PO preparation.
- Develop reading habits. Reading and writing plays crucial role in your IBPS PO Preparation. The English Language section, the General Awareness section, and the Computer Aptitude section require a lot of reading. You must also take down notes as you read, like a new word you have come across, or points about an important event. Read newspapers, magazines, books, yearbooks on a daily basis. Also, develop the habit of writing as IBPS PO exam has a descriptive English Language section as well.
- Clear the basics. IBPS PO is not just about remembering things – formulas, important information, etc. The exam also tests your analytical skills. For this, you need to have the basic knowledge of every concept and topic in the syllabus – the underlying theory behind them. For example, remembering the formulas by heart is not enough to score high in the Quantitative Aptitude section; you need to learn their derivations as well. Likewise, you need to understand the theory behind every chapter of the Reasoning Ability section; learning the steps to solve a reasoning problem won’t be enough. For English Language section, you need to have the knowledge of basic English grammar.
- Practice diligently. Your IBPS PO preparation will be incomplete if you do not practice regularly and rigorously. Solve IBPS PO practice questions every time you finish a chapter. Start off with easy questions and slowly, move on to more difficult and advanced questions. Revision of questions you find difficult to answer is a must.
- Work on to improve your time management skills. Remember, answering correctly alone cannot ensure a high score. Along with accuracy, you need speed too so that you can finish off the entire paper before time. So, practice in time bound manner. Also, cultivate the habit of moving on to the next question if you are spending too much time on one particular question.
- Revise regularly. You must include regular revision in your IBPS PO preparation plan. As you go on completing the syllabus, allocate time for revision of chapters and topics that you have already mastered. Otherwise, you will forget what you have learned.
- Take full length IBPS PO mock tests. This will help you get used to the pressure of taking an exam and prepare you to face the challenges. You also need to assess your performance in the IBPS PO mock tests and work on your weak areas. Doing so, your score will increase with each test you take and by the time of the actual exam, you will be fully confident.
If you keep these points in mind while planning your IBPS PO preparation, a high score and your entry to the banking sector is guaranteed. Check out this video on IBPS PO Preparation:
We hope this detailed article on IBPS PO preparation helps you come up with an effective and efficient preparation plan. If you have any query regarding IBPS PO Preparation, drop a comment below and we will get back to you. We wish all the IBPS PO aspirants the very best for the exam.