SSC CHSL Preparation: Preparation is the first step to crack your SSC CHSL Tier-I exam. SSC CHSL is the most awaited exam of the year. Every year lakhs of aspirants appear for SSC CHSL examination. Considering the intense competition and number of candidates who will appear for the exam, it becomes very important to prepare in the right way. Understanding the syllabus, analysing the difficulty level of various types of questions asked in each section, etc. are important aspects of preparation. Creating a proper study plan will also greatly enhance the aspirant’s chances of clearing the exam.
This article will provide you with a complete and detailed SSC CHSL Preparation and Study Schedule for the Tier-I exam.
SSC CHSL Preparation
SSC released the CHSL 2021 Notification for Tier-1 exam on 6th November 2020. The SSC CHSL Selection Process involves the following stages:
Tier-I: Objective Test
There are four sections in this exam
- (i) Quantitative Aptitude
- (ii) General Intelligence
- (iii) English Language
- (iv) General Awareness/General Knowledge
Tier-II: Descriptive Test
Essay and Letter or Application, In English or Hindi language.
Tier-III: Skill Test / Typing Test
- (i) Typing Test English Medium 35 words/minute, Hindi Medium 30 words/minute
- (ii) Skill Test (Data Entry Operator) sheet contains 2000-2200 strokes. Candidates are required to enter it on the computer at a speed of 8,000 key depressions in an hour. As per previous years’ exam analysis, the candidates must score 150+ (UR-Category) out of 200 in order to stay in the safe zone.
SSC CHSL Preparation: General Tips To Remember
Here are the general tips for SSC CHSL preparation:
- SSC CHSL usually has some repeated questions every year.
- Static General Knowledge can be a lot of scoring.
- The basic concepts of Maths should be well-set in the mind.
- Current affairs are equally important for SSC CHSL Exam Preparation.
- Attempting the questions on reading comprehension will help.
- Synonyms, Antonyms, One-Word Substitution & Idioms/phrases are some simple topics which are quite scoring.
- Grammar is an essential part of English.
- Practising is the ultimate key to success.
Now, let’s look at the subject-wise breakdown.
SSC CHSL Preparation: English Language
SSC CHSL’s English Language section will have questions based on Reading Comprehension, Sentence Re-Arrangement, Sentence Improvement, and Spotting Error and Cloze Test. To attempt the English Section, all you need is strong grammar, advanced vocabulary, and a vast understanding of the text. To master these skills, thesaurus, dictionary, and English Newspapers will surely help you.
SSC CHSL Preparation – Reading Comprehension
Around five questions are expected from this section. Some essential tips for reading comprehensions are mentioned below that will come in handy:-
- Try to find out the tone or the motto of the passage.
- Emphasize the Facts Idea or the Main Idea
- Read the asked questions so that you can immediately reach the answer that you’re looking for while reading the passage.
- Practice more and more passage to improve your reading/solving speed.
- Find out the Results/ Implication/ Conclusions of the passage.
SSC CHSL Preparation – Cloze Test
A total of five questions are expected from this section.
- It comprises of 5 blanks inside passage, and all you need to do is fill in the most appropriate.
- Eliminating the improbable options will surely help to land towards the answer.
- Try to find the logic behind the phrase, this will redirect you to form the correct sentence.
- Go through the grammar rules, so that you get a clear idea of structuring a sentence.
SSC CHSL Preparation – Idioms & Phrases
This section comprises of One Word Substitution and Idioms & Phrases. Although, this section might comprise of 4 questions only but can make you suffer if not attempted properly. For this section, you have only one trick, which is to go through all the questions from previous year papers and find out the difficulty level.
SSC CHSL Preparation – Synonyms & Antonyms
In this section, you need to work on your word power. Approximately two questions will be asked from this section. Try to grasp more and more words from your surroundings. Try remembering every word you heard/learned by noting them down in a notepad. Study the words and their meanings from your notes.
SSC CHSL Preparation: General Intelligence
This section includes all the questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding and other sub-topics involving Numerical operations.
SSC CHSL Preparation: Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative Aptitude is the most challenging and time-consuming section in the entire SSC CHSL Tier-I Exam. And the changes in the new pattern has made it even more competitive than the previous years. Quantitative Aptitude is the only section where you can score 50 out of 50. Learn quick calculations and grasp squares, cubes, square roots, etc. This will help you to save your time while solving the questions.
The questions of Time, Work & Wages are basic level but the type of questions vary from shift to shift. You need to practice all types of the question but of basic level. In Profit, Loss & Discount maximum questions were formula based. If you remember formulas or short tricks, you will get the answer easily and quickly.
SSC CHSL Preparation: General Awareness
The General Awareness questions will be of 10+2 level. A good thing about the GA questions is that you would either know the answer or you won’t. It all depends upon your knowledge. So you need to think clearly and calmly to remember the correct answers. This will keep you away from submitting incorrect answers. Attempt the questions that you can answer accurately within 30 seconds, first. This test is meant to check the knowledge and awareness of the candidates regarding all the ongoing affairs in the world.
SSC CHSL Preparation: Tips, Tricks And Strategies
Embibe provides sure-shot tips and tricks for SSC CHSL Examinations which will ensure that you clear the cut-off.
- Make a Time Table: Aspirants in order to make their SSC CHSL Preparation more organized and disciplines should prepare a time-table. Once you understand ‘What to prepare?’, it’s your turn to plan ‘How to prepare?’. Make a time-table with both short-term and long-term goals that would help you in preparing for SSC CHSL. Set realistic goals that you can achieve. Block your study hours during those times of the day when you think you are the most productive & can concentrate better. Also, block more time as per the difficulty of the subject.
- Focus on Concepts: Aspirants should focus on concepts rather than adopting a rote learning technique. Focus on understanding the concepts throughout your SSC CHSL Preparation. Basic concepts will help you to remember all the crucial concepts for a very long period of time. Moreover, with a clear understanding of the concepts, you can comfortably handle questions related to those concepts.
- Self- Assessment: Aspirants must evaluate themselves time-to-time for effective SSC CHSL Preparation. Evaluate and analyze your answer sheet once you take any test. Quickly scan through the questions for which you gave incorrect answers or couldn’t answer. Do not forget to revise those topics quickly. Check your speed and accuracy while writing sample papers. Sample papers help you to gain confidence and also help you to get used to writing exams. It also helps you to come up with your own strategy of attempting the questions. Avoid guesswork if there is negative marking in the competitive exam you are preparing for.
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Aspirants must prepare previous year question papers to know the exam pattern, difficulty level, topic-wise distribution of questions, marking scheme, etc. Solving previous year question papers will build their confidence and increase their question-solving skills.
- Mock Tests: Mock Tests plays an important role in SSC CHSL Preparation. However, candidates should attempt mock tests only after completing their entire syllabus. This will fine-tune their strategy and sharpen their time management skills. If possible try to give the online mock test, it will help you have a proper feel of exam & how are you managing your time to solve the questions.
- Stay Positive and Confident: ‘Belief’ is a very powerful tool. You must believe in yourself and your SSC CHSL Preparation. Spend 10-15 minutes before going off to sleep to quickly recap all that you learned throughout the day. A bit of physical exercise and meditation might help to improve concentration. Do not take stress throughout the entire SSC CHSL Preparation time; in fact, stay away from stressful people. Each and every moment you must tell yourself “I Can, I Will” and trust me you will do it!
SSC CHSL Preparation: Tips During the Exam
- If you find any particular question difficult, make sure that you don’t waste your time by solving it. Instead, you should move to the next question and if time permits, then only come back to this question later.
- One thing that is crucial is that you have to clear the sectional cut-off as well as the overall cut-off.
- So, if in the Exam, you find any particular section a bit challenging, attempt the minimum number of questions that are required to clear the sectional cut-off of that section.
- Sometimes, the questions can be very tricky. We advise you to read them very carefully before answering.
- In the Exam, avoid using any shortcut that you are not completely sure about.
- Avoid the usage of guesswork in the exam.
SSC CHSL Preparation | SSC CHSL Mock Tests
Along with the SSC CHSL Preparation Tips, it is important for you to practice and take mock tests regularly. To further enhance your study for the exam, we bring you the SSC CHSL Mock Tests below:
|SSC CHSL Tier I Test 1||Take Test Here|
|SSC CHSL Tier I Test 2||Take Test Here|
|SSC CHSL Tier I Test 3||Take Test Here|
|SSC CHSL Tier I Test 4||Take Test Here|
|SSC CHSL Tier I Test 5||Take Test Here|
Important FAQs About SSC CHSL Preparation
Some of the important FAQs are given below:
|Q: How to prepare for SSC CHSL?|
A: Embibe provides a comprehensive list of CHSL preparation materials to make you confident about the exam.
|Q: Where can I download the full syllabus of General Awareness for SSC CHSL?|
A: As the General Awareness section holds a lot of scope in easy scoring. You can read the full subject-wise SSC CHSL Syllabus here.
|Q: Similar subjects are there in SSC CHSL and SSC CGL. Can I prepare for SSC CGL from the books of SSC CHSL?|
A: No, every book of a particular exam is created keeping the center of focus as that specific exam only. You can read our article on SSC CGL Books which will guide you better.
|Q: Can I block the night time to give my mock tests?|
A: Yes, night time is considered as the ideal time for giving mock tests by many students. However, you have to analyze the mock after the test and you should NOT leave it for the next day.
|Q: Where can I get some of the best preparation strategies for SSC CHSL?|
A: This article describes the best preparation strategies for SSC CHSL 2021. Read the complete article to learn more.
So we have explained about SSC CHSL preparation. Now that you have these tips on how to prepare for SSC CHSL Exam, you can get ahead with your practice! Remember, it is of utmost importance that you also take SSC CHSL Mock Tests. This will help you identify your weaknesses and help you improve from one test to the other. Furthermore, you also get to improve your test-taking skills in terms of time management, question selection, and more.
Embibe wishes you all the best for your SSC CHSL Preparation!2242 Views