JEE Main Admit Card April 2020: The National Testing Agency, NTA will release the JEE Main admit card (April) after March 31. NTA has postponed the JEE Main April 2020 examination due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Thus, the admit card release has been delayed. NTA will announce the JEE Main Admit Card release date and the exam date on March 31. Candidates will have to enter their Application Number and Date of Birth or Password to download the hall ticket.
The JEE Main 2020 Hall Ticket will have details such as exam centre name, exam date & time, photograph, signature, general guidelines, etc. Candidates must verify these details and report to NTA in case of any discrepancies. It is compulsory to carry the hardcopy of the JEE Main 2020 April admit card Main along with a valid photo ID. Go through the article to know all about JEE Main admit card 2020 and exam day guidelines.
JEE Main 2020 April postponed due to Coronavirus outbreak. NTA will announce the revised exam schedule on March 31. Candidates can contact the number 0120-6895200 for further queries.
JEE Main Admit Card 2020 (April)
Let’s have an overview of JEE Main 2020 Important Dates to be aware of the upcoming JEE Main 2020 events:
|Events||JEE Main 2020 April Admit Card Date|
|Release of JEE Main Admit Card 2020||After March 31, 2020|
|Last Date to Download JEE Main Admit Card||To be announced on March 31|
|JEE Main Exam Date||To be announced on March 31|
|JEE Main 2020 Result Date||To be announced on March 31|
How To Download JEE Main Admit Card 2020?
JEE Main Admit Card for April session will be released through online mode. Candidates can visit the official website of JEE Main and login with the help of their credentials to download their JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. The JEE Main 2020 Admit Card can be downloaded by using any of the following two methods:
- Download JEE Main Admit Card ‘Through Application Number and Password‘
- Download JEE Main Admit Card ‘Through Application Number and Date of Birth’
Steps To Download JEE Main 2020 Hall Ticket
Check the step by step process to download JEE Main admit card using either of the two methods.
Method 1 – Download Admit Card through Application Number and Password
- 1st Step – Visit the official website of JEE Main –jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- 2nd Step – In the home page, click on the button “Download JEE Main April 2020 Admit Card”. (Refer to the image below)
- 3rd Step – The page will be redirected and now click on link ‘Through Application Number and Password‘. (Refer to the image below)
- 4th Step – Now enter your JEE Main ‘Application Number’ which was system generated at the time of registration and ‘Password’ created by the candidate.
- 5th Step – Click on “Submit”.
- 6th Step – The JEE Main 2020 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen.
Method 2 – Download Admit Card through Application Number and Date of Birth
- 1st Step – Visit the official website of JEE Main – jeemain.nta.nic.in
- 2nd Step – Hit the button “Download JEE Main January 2020 Admit Card”. (Refer to the image below)
- 3rd Step – The page will be directed and now click on the link ‘Through Application Number and Date of Birth’. (Refer to the image below)
- 4th Step – Enter the application number which was system generated and your date of birth in the required fields.
- 5th Step – Click on “Submit”.
- 6th Step – The JEE Main hall ticket will be displayed and candidates are advised to download it safely in PDF form and keep it safe for further use.
Forgot JEE Main 2020 Application Number Or Password? What To Do?
Without JEE Main application number candidates will not be able to download their admit card. However, if the candidate has forgotten his/ her password he/ she can use the Date of Birth option to download the JEE Main April admit card 2020. However, candidates can retrieve the JEE Main 2020 Application Number or Password through the following ways:
Method 1 – Open your Mailbox and check the inbox of your registered mail ID and mobile number. Your Application Number and Password must have been sent to you through email and SMS at the time of registration. Besides that, you can also check the filled application form to check the JEE Main Application Form Number. If you are unable to find the Application number of Password then go to method 2.
Method 2 – Follow the steps as under to retrieve your JEE Main Application Number and Password:
- Visit the official page of the JEE Main 2020 April Admit Card.
- Now click on JEE Main admit card Link and click on ‘Through Application Number & Password’ or ‘Application Number and Date of Birth’ option.
- In the login page, there are two options
A) Forgot Application Number?
B) Forgot Password?
NOTE: Select the one that you have forgotten.
After this step, there are different steps to recover ‘Application Number’ & ‘Password’. Check the steps to recover your Application Number & Password.
Forgot Application Number?
- Once you have clicked on ‘Forgot Application Form’ option. You will be redirected to a new page. Now enter the following details:
a) Name of the Candidate
b) Date of Birth of the Candidate
c) Candidate’s Father’s Name
d) Candidate’s Mother’s Name
f) Security Pin (will be case sensitive)
- Now click on the button ‘Get Application Number’.
- The application number will be made available. Keep it safe for future reference.
- Once you click on the option ‘Forgot Password’ candidates will have three options to reset the password.
a) Using the security question and its answer selected during form filling.
b) Using the verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the registered mobile number of the candidates
c) By using the reset link sent via email to the registered email address. Select any one of them to begin.
- You will be directed to another page where you will have to enter the details such as Application Number, Date of Birth, security questions & Answer, etc.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button and as per the selected method, you will be able to reset your password.
Details Mentioned on JEE Main Admit Card 2020 (April)
It is compulsory to carry the hardcopy of a valid admit card to the exam hall. Therefore, candidates will have to make sure that the details mentioned on the admit card are correct.
Besides that, the details mentioned on the admit card and the original ID proof must match. This is to verify the candidate’s identity. Thus, go through the details mentioned on the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card and also ensure its correctness.
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Category/Person with Disability
- Candidates Photograph
- Candidates and Parents
- Email ID & Mobile
- Centre Code
- Name & Address of
- Exam Centre
- Exam Date & Timing
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- State Code of Eligibility
- Name & Medium of the Question Paper
The following image will help you to know how JEE Main 2020 Admit Card looks like and the details mentioned on it:
Unable To Download JEE Main Admit Card/ Discrepancy – What To Do?
Candidates must check all the details mentioned in the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Carefully. In case candidates come across any mistakes in the JEE Main Hall Ticket, they should immediately contact NTA. Besides that, if candidates are unable to download their JEE Main 2020 Admit Card from the official website even then they should contact the officials through the helpline numbers between 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The phone numbers of the help desk and other NTA contact details are as follows:
Address: National Testing Agency (NTA), Block C-20 1A/8, Sector- 62, IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh (India).
Helpline No: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526
Email ID: jeemain-nta[at]nic[dot]in (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Documents To Be Carried Along With JEE Main Admit Card
Candidates must carry the following documents to the exam centre on the exam day. Check the list below to ensure that you carry all the necessary documents.
- Printout of JEE Main Admit Card 2020.
- Multiple copies of passport size photograph of the candidate. Note that the photograph should be the same as uploaded during JEE Main registration.
- A valid Photo ID – Passport / Driving License / Aadhar Card / PAN Card / Voter ID bearing the same name as mentioned on the JEE Main Admit Card.
- PwD Certificate in the prescribed format for Pwd candidates.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card – Items Not Allowed In The Exam Hall
Candidates should not carry the following items with them to the exam hall. If any candidate is found with any of these items, he/she will not be allowed to take the exam:
- Electronic Devices, like Cellphone, Pager, Calculatoretc and Pieces of Paper, Books, Notebooks, etc.
- Pen/Pencils, as these things will be provided by the exam authority.
- Watch/Clocks of any kind as there will be a clock in every exam hall.
JEE Main Admit Card 2020 – General Instructions For Students
Here are some general instructions for candidates mentioned on JEE Main Admit Card:
- Once candidates download their JEE Main Admit Card 2020, they must check their exam centre/venue. It is recommended that candidates go in person to the exam centre once before the actual exam so that they don’t find it difficult to locate the exam centre on the day of the exam.
- Any request to change the exam centre/venue will not be entertained.
- The admit card is a very important document. Without it, candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall. The Admit Card is also necessary for JEE Main Counselling Process. Candidates must keep it safe until the end of admission.
- If candidates are appearing for the exam in the First Shift (9:30 am to 12:30 pm), they must reach the exam centre between 7:30 am-8:30 am. For candidates of Second Shift (2:30 pm to 5:30 pm), they must reach the exam centre between 12:30 pm-1:30 pm.
- Candidates will be allowed entry to the exam hall between 8:45 am to 9:00 am for First Shift and between 1:45 pm to 2:00 pm for Second Shift.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall after the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam hall until the exam is finished.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Schedule
Check the exam timing for JEE Main from the table below:
|Particulars||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Exam Duration||3 hours||3 Hours|
|JEE Main Exam Timings||9:30 AM to 12:30 AM||2:30 AM – 5:30 AM|
|Entry in the Exam Centre||7:30 AM to 8:30 AM||12:30 PM to 1:30 PM|
|Entry in the Examination Hall||8:45 AM to 9 AM||1:45 PM to 2 PM|
|Checking of Admit card by the Invigilator||9 AM to 9:15 AM||2 PM to 2:15 PM|
|Instructions by the Invigilator||9:15 AM to 9:25 AM||2:15 PM to 2:25 PM|
|Test Commences||9:30 AM||2:30 PM|
|Test Concludes||12:30 AM||5:30 PM|
JEE Main 2020 Question Papers
Now that the JEE 2020 April session exams are to be conducted, it is time that you start preparing for your April session. JEE is one of the most important competitive exams and its preparation requires proper planning and diligence. We have brought JEE Previous Year Papers (2020) to help you in your JEE Preparation. Solving the previous year paper on Embibe will help you understand the difficulty level, syllabus coverage, ideal time for each question, questions involved with multiple concepts, repetitive nature of concepts, etc. Thus, attempt the JEE Previous Year Papers to Become Exam Ready!
Check the JEE Main 2020 question paper (January session) test links which will help you to take tests instantly.
JEE Main 2020 Question Paper – January 2020
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 7th January – Shift 1||Click Here|
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 7th January – Shift 2||Click Here|
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 8th January – Shift 1||Click Here|
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 8th January – Shift 2||Click Here|
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 9th January – Shift 1||Click Here|
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 9th January – Shift 2||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions
The frequently asked questions regarding JEE Main Admit Card 2020 are listed below:
Visit the official website. Click on the link available to download the JEE main admit card. Now, enter your ‘Application Number’ and ‘Password’/ ‘Date of Birth’ and click on submit. Admit card will appear on the new page. Download and take the printout for future reference.
JEE Main Admit Card will be released through online mode only on the official website – jeemain.nic.in
NTA will release the JEE Main Admit Card after March 31, 2020, for the JEE Main 2020 April session.
Yes, you need to carry a valid Id proof in original along with your JEE Main Admit Card. PWD Candidates will also have to carry the PWD certificate issued from a competent authority.
No, soft copy of the admit card is not allowed. Only the hard copy of the admit card will be allowed.
No, once the admit card is released the exam centre cannot be changed.
Candidates need to carry the JEE Main Admit Card, Valid Photo ID Proof, Passport Size Photograph, and PwD Certificate (if applicable)
No, JEE Main admit card will only be available as PDF on the official website.
Recheck the details entered such as Application Form, Password or Date of Birth. If the issue persists contact NTA at the earliest.
If there is any mismatch in the details, candidates will have to immediately contact NTA to get the issue resolved.
Now you are provided with all the information regarding JEE Main Admit Card 2020. As the exam is around the corner, your focus should be on your JEE preparation to get a good rank in the exam. In this process, students can take a free JEE Main Mock test on Embibe which gives you detailed exam analysis. With the help of this detailed exam analysis, you can know your strengths and weakness which will further help to improve your overall score in the exam. In fact, you can also go for personalized guidance to improve your score by unlocking RANKUP. This will not only increase your academic knowledge but also test-taking strategy will become better.
|JEE Main||CLICK HERE||JEE Main Important Chapters||CLICK HERE|
|JEE Main Study Material||CLICK HERE||JEE Main Important Topics||CLICK HERE|
|JEE Main Exam Pattern||CLICK HERE||IIT JEE Books||CLICK HERE|
|JEE Main Application Form||CLICK HERE||JEE Main Syllabus||CLICK HERE|
|JEE Main Preparation Tips||CLICK HERE||JEE Main Mock Test||CLICK HERE|
|JEE Main Score Improvement||CLICK HERE||JEE Main Eligibility Criteria||CLICK HERE|
|Crack IIT JEE||CLICK HERE||JEE Main Chapter wise Mock test||CLICK HERE|
We hope this article on JEE Main Admit Card helps you. If you have any questions feel free to post your comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned on embibe.com for more news and updates on JEE Main 2020482 Views