JEE Main Admit Card 2020: The National Testing Agency (NTA) releases the admit card date for JEE Main 2020 April Exam (now postponed to September). As per the official NTA notification released on July 3, the JEE Main admit card will be released 15 days prior to the exam date. The JEE Main 2020 (April) exam is scheduled to be conducted from September 1 to 6. Hence the JEE Main Hall Ticket is likely to be released by August 16th 2020.
Students can download JEE Main admit card 2020 from the official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in. Applicants will have to enter their ‘Application Number’ and ‘Password’/ ‘Date of Birth’ to download JEE Main Hall Ticket. It is mandatory to carry the hardcopy of JEE Main 2020 admit card along with a valid photo ID to the exam centre. Go through this article to know more about JEE Main admit card 2020 and exam day guidelines.
Latest: Candidates clearing JEE Advanced will be eligible for admission in IITs, irrespective of their marks in class 12 board examination.
JEE Main Admit Card 2020
Here are the important dates regarding JEE Main exam:
|Events||JEE Main 2020 Dates|
|JEE Main Application Correction||July 4 to 20, 2020|
|JEE Main Admit Card Release Date||August 16, 2020 (Tentative)|
|Last Date to Download JEE Main Admit Card||September 1, 2020 (Tentative)|
|JEE Main Exam||September 1 to 6, 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Result Date||To be Announced|
How To Download JEE Main Admit Card 2020?
JEE Main Admit Card for September session will be released in online mode. Once released, candidates can visit the official website of JEE Main and login with the help of their credentials to download JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. The JEE Main Admit Card can be downloaded by using any of the two following methods:
- Download JEE Main Admit Card ‘Through Application Number and Password‘
- Download JEE Main Admit Card ‘Through Application Number and Date of Birth’
Steps To Download JEE Main 2020 Hall Ticket
Check the step-by-step process to download JEE Main admit card using either of the two methods:
Method 1: Download Admit Card through Application Number and Password
- – 1st Step – Visit the official website of JEE Main – jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step – On the home page, click on the button “Download Admit Card”. (Refer to the image below)
- – 3rd Step – A new page will open. Two links will be available. Click on the link ‘Through Application Number and Password‘ as shown in the image below.
- – 4th Step – Now enter your JEE Main ‘Application Number’ which was system generated at the time of registration and ‘Password’ created by the candidate.
- – 5th Step – Enter the security code and click on the “Submit” button.
- – 6th Step – The JEE Main 2020 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen. Download and take a printout for future references.
Method 2: Download Admit Card through Application Number and Date of Birth
- – 1st Step – Visit the official website of JEE Main – jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step – Hit the button “Download Admit Card”. (Refer to the image below)
- – 3rd Step – Among the two options available, click on the link ‘Through Application Number and Date of Birth’ as shown in the image.
- – 4th Step – Enter the ‘Application Number’ which was system generated at the time of registration and then enter the ‘Date of Birth’ in the required fields.
- – 5th Step – Enter the security key and click on the “Submit” button.
- – 6th Step – The JEE Main hall ticket will be displayed and candidates are advised to download it safely in PDF for future reference.
Forgot JEE Main 2020 Application Number Or Password? What To Do?
Candidates will have to enter the Application Number and Password or Date of birth to download the admit card. In case, a candidate has forgotten his Application Number or Password then he/she can retrieve/ reset it through the following ways:
Method 1 – By Checking Mail or SMS
- (a) Open your mailbox and check for the email sent by NTA during the JEE Main online registration which contains the Application Number.
- (b) Candidates can also check the SMS sent to the registered mobile number.
- (c) Students can also go through the filled application form to check for the application number.
Method 2 – Recovering Application Number & Resetting Password from Official Website
Follow the process as under to retrieve your JEE Main Application Number and Password:
- Visit the official website and open the JEE Main 2020 login page.
- In the login page, there are two options
A) Forgot Application Number?
B) Forgot Password?
Select any one option to move ahead. (Refer to the image below)
After this process, there are different procedures to recover ‘Application Number’ & ‘Password’. Check the steps below to recover your Application Number & Password:
Forgot Application Number?
- Once you have clicked on the ‘Forgot Application Form’ option, you will be redirected to a new page. Now enter the following details:
a) Name of the Candidate
b) Date of Birth of the Candidate
c) Candidate’s Father’s Name
d) Candidate’s Mother’s Name
f) Security Pin (will be case sensitive)
- Now click on the button ‘Get Application Number’.
- The application number will be made available. Keep it safe for future reference.
- Once you click on the option ‘Forgot Password’ candidates will have three options to reset the password.
a) Using the security question and its answer selected during form filling.
b) Using the verification code sent via text message (SMS) to the registered mobile number of the candidates
c) By using the reset link sent via email to the registered email address. Select any one of them to begin.
- You will be directed to another page where you will have to enter the details such as Application Number, Date of Birth, security questions & answer, etc.
- Enter the required details and click on the ‘Submit’ button and as per the selected method, you will be able to reset your password.
The Password reset page is shown below for your reference:
Details Mentioned On JEE Main Admit Card 2020
Candidates will have to make sure that the details mentioned on the admit card are correct. Go through the details mentioned on JEE Main 2020 Admit Card and also ensure its correctness. The details are listed below.
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Person with Disability (PWD) Status
- State of Eligibility
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Signature of the Candidate
- Test City & Centre Code
- Name & Address of Exam Centre
- Exam Date, Timing (Reporting Time) & Shift
- Paper Medium
- Important Instructions
The following image will help you know how JEE Main 2020 Admit Card looks like and the details mentioned on it.
Unable To Download JEE Main Admit Card/ Discrepancy: What To Do?
Candidates must check all the details mentioned in the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card carefully. In case candidates come across any mistakes in the JEE Main Hall Ticket, or if they are unable to download the admit card they should immediately contact NTA.
NTA has opened the helpline numbers between 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The phone numbers of the help desk and other NTA contact details are as follows:
National Testing Agency (NTA), Block C-20 1A/8, Sector- 62, IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Noida-201309,
Uttar Pradesh (India).
Helpline No: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526
Email ID: jeemain-nta[at]nic[dot]in (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Documents To Be Carried Along With JEE Main Admit Card
Candidates must carry the following documents to the exam centre on the exam day:
- Printout of JEE Main Admit Card 2020.
- Multiple copies of passport size photograph of the candidate. Note that the photograph should be the same as uploaded during JEE Main registration.
- A valid Photo ID – Passport / Driving License / Aadhar Card / PAN Card / Voter ID bearing the same name as mentioned on the JEE Main Admit Card.
- PwD Certificate in the prescribed format for PwD candidates.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card: Items Not Allowed In The Exam Hall
Candidates should not carry the following items with them to the exam hall. If any candidate is found with any of these items, he/she will not be allowed to take the exam:
- Electronic Devices, like Cellphone, Pager, Calculator, etc and Pieces of Paper, Books, Notebooks, etc.
- Pen/Pencils, as these things will be provided by the exam authority.
- Watch/Clocks of any kind is not allowed as the time will be displayed on the computer during the test.
JEE Main Admit Card 2020: General Instructions For Students
Here are some general instructions for candidates:
- Once candidates download their JEE Main Admit Card 2020, they must check their exam centre/venue. It is recommended that candidates go in person to the exam centre once before the actual exam so that they don’t find it difficult to locate the exam centre on the day of the exam.
- Any request to change the exam centre/venue will not be entertained once the admit card is released.
- It is compulsory to carry the hardcopy of the admit card along with valid photo ID proof and a few passport-sized photographs to the exam hall.
- Make sure that the details mentioned on the admit card are correct and in case of a discrepancy report the same to NTA at the earliest.
- The photo and other details on the admit card printout and the ID card must be clear and legible.
- If candidates are appearing for the exam in the First Shift (9:00 am to 12:00 pm), they must reach the exam centre between 7:00 am-8:00 am. For the Second Shift (3:00 pm to 6:00 pm), they must reach the exam centre between 1:00 pm-2:00 pm.
- Candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall between 8:15 am to 8:30 am for First Shift and between 2:15 pm to 2:30 pm for Second Shift.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall after the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam hall until the exam is finished.
- The Admit Card is also necessary for JEE Main Counselling Process. Candidates must keep it safe until the end of admission.
JEE Main Exam Schedule 2020
Check the exam timing for JEE Main from the table below:
|Events||First Shift||Second Shift|
|Exam Timings||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM||3:00 PM to 6:00 PM|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours||3 Hours|
|Entry to Exam Centre||7:00 AM to 8:30 AM||1:00 PM to 2:30 PM|
|Checking of Admit Card by the Invigilator||8:30 AM to 8:45 AM||2:30 PM to 2:45 PM|
|Invigilators Instructions||8:45 AM to 8:55 AM||2:45 PM to 2:55 PM|
|Test Commencement||9:00 AM||3:00 PM|
|Test Conclusion||12:00 PM||6:00 PM|
JEE Main 2020 Question Papers
JEE is one of the most important competitive exams and its preparation requires proper planning and diligence. We have brought JEE Previous Year Papers (2020) to help you in your JEE Preparation. Solving the previous year paper on Embibe will help you understand the difficulty level, syllabus coverage, ideal time for each question, questions based on multiple concepts, repetitive nature of concepts, etc.
Check the JEE Main 2020 question paper (January session) test links in the table below:
JEE Main 2020 Question Paper – January 2020
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 7th January – Shift 1||Take Test|
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 7th January – Shift 2||Take Test|
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 8th January – Shift 1||Take Test|
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 8th January – Shift 2||Take Test|
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 9th January – Shift 1||Take Test|
|JEE Main 2020 Paper 9th January – Shift 2||Take Test|
Frequently Asked Questions On JEE Main Admit Card
The frequently asked questions regarding JEE Main Admit Card 2020 are listed below:
Ans. Visit the official website. Click on the link available to download the JEE Main admit card. Now, enter your ‘Application Number’ and ‘Password’/ ‘Date of Birth’ and click on “Submit”. Admit card will appear on the screen. Download and take the printout of the same for future reference.
Ans. No, the JEE Main April exam is postponed and the admit card will be tentatively released by August 16, 2020.
Ans. NTA will release the JEE Main Admit Card 15 days before the exam date which means that the admit card can be expected to release by August 16. You can download JEE Main Admit Card by following the procedure provided in this article above.
Ans. JEE Main Admit Card will be released through online mode only on the official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in.
Ans. NTA will not individually inform students regarding the release of the admit card. Candidates will have to check the official website for the latest information. Alternatively, candidates can also check this page for the latest updates.
Ans. Yes, you need to carry a valid ID proof in original along with your JEE Main Admit Card. PWD Candidates will also have to carry the PWD certificate issued from a competent authority.
Ans. No, the soft copy of the admit card is not allowed. Only the hard copy of the admit card will be allowed.
Ans. No, once the admit card is released the exam centre cannot be changed.
Ans. Candidates need to carry the JEE Main Admit Card, Valid Photo ID Proof, Passport Size Photograph, and PwD Certificate (if applicable).
Ans. No, JEE Main admit card will only be available as PDF on the official website.
Ans. Recheck the details entered such as Application Form, Password or Date of Birth. If the issue persists, contact NTA at the earliest.
Ans. If there is any mismatch in the details, candidates will have to immediately contact NTA to get the issue resolved.
Now you are provided with all the information regarding JEE Main Admit Card 2020. As the exam is around the corner, your focus should be on your JEE preparation to get a good rank in the exam. In this process, students can take a free JEE Main Mock Test on Embibe.
Also, with the help of Embibe’s detailed exam analysis (for which you have to unlock the Advanced Feedback Analysis), you can know your strengths and weakness which will further help to improve your overall score in the exam. In fact, you can also go for personalized guidance to improve your score by unlocking RANKUP. This will not only enhance your academic knowledge but also your test-taking skills & strategy.
We hope this article on JEE Main Admit Card 2020 helps you. If you have any questions, feel free to post in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned on embibe.com for more news and updates on JEE Main 2020.392 Views