SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2021: Candidates aspiring to mark their career in the banking sector can check SBI Exam Pattern 2021 for the upcoming exam. The SBI Clerk selection process comprises of two exams i.e., Prelims and Mains. Understanding SBI Clerk Exam Pattern and Syllabus helps candidates to have a thorough idea about the exam format and selection process of the exam. With this, candidates will become familiar with the number of sections, number of questions asked, marking scheme, time duration, and mode and medium of the exam. Besides this, candidates can prepare effectively with a solid study plan in a systematic manner and crack the exam. We have provided detailed information on SBI Clerk Paper Pattern and marking scheme in this article. Read on to find out.
The State Bank of India has released SBI Clerk Notification 2021 on April 26, 2021 on the official website. However, as per the notice released in May 2021, the prelims exam scheduled to be held in June 2021 has been deferred till further notice due to the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic in the country. The new dates of the release of the SBI Clerk Application form and preliminary exam are yet to be announced.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2021 Overview
Before getting into the details of SBI Clerk Exam Pattern, let us have a look at the SBI Clerk exam mentioned below:
|Exam Name||SBI Clerk|
|Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Number of Papers||Prelims and Mains|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Time Duration||Prelims – 1 Hour |
Mains- 2 Hour 40 Mins
|Negative Marking||1/4th negative marking deducted for every wrong answer|
|Maximum Marks||Prelims- 100|
|SBI Clerk Admit Card||SBI Clerk Result|
|SBI Clerk Exam Analysis||SBI Clerk Result Hindi|
|SBI Clerk Exam Date||SBI Clerk Salary|
|SBI Clerk Mains Result||SBI Clerk Recruitment|
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern for Prelims
The exam pattern comprises of various parameters such as types of questions, number of questions, exam duration, mode and medium of instruction. Candidates appearing for the examination must be familiar with the SBI Clerk Paper Pattern. Therefore, candidates can check the SBI Clerk exam pattern for prelims exam mentioned below:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
- The prelims exam consists of objective type of questions.
- The total marks allotted for prelims is 100.
- The number of sections comprises of English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
- There are 100 questions asked in prelims exam.
- The time duration of exam is 1 hour.
- There is 1/4th negative marking scheme deducted for every wrong answer.
- No minimum qualifying marks are prescribed for individual test or aggregate scores.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern For Mains
Candidates qualifying in prelim exam will be allowed to appear for SBI Clerk Main exam. Therefore, candidates can check the exam pattern for main exam as mentioned below:
|Sections||Number Of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability& Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 Minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 Hours 40 Minutes|
- The questions will be of objective type, except for General English.
- The medium of language will be bilingual i.e., English and Hindi.
- There will negative marking of 1/4th marks deducted for every wrong answer.
- Candidates have to score minimum marks of aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS candidates, 5% relaxation available thereon).
- The minimum marks will be decided by the authority.
- Merit list will be released for state wise and category wise.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2021
Candidates who are willing to appear in SBI Clerk exam must go through the prescribed SBI Clerk syllabus along with the exam pattern. Before starting the preparation, candidates must check the topics and section-wise weightage of each topic to be asked in the examination. Candidates must also prepare from the sample question papers and take SBI Clerk mock tests regularly.
SBI Clerk Preparation Tips 2021
Candidates appearing for the exam can check SBI Clerk Preparation Tips as mentioned below:
- Candidates can test the preparation by solving the sample paper and work on the lacking areas.
- Candidates must refer to the SBI Clerk exam pattern to strategize the preparation accordingly for the best score.
- Take the mock test to get the experience of the actual examination.
- Start with the easy topics to boost the confidence for the preparation of complex ones.
- Practice complex topics on a daily basis to get accuracy in answering the questions.
- Make notes while preparing for last-minute revision.
- Candidates can seek the help of professionals to avoid mistakes in the examination in case of complex topics.
- Candidates can download the previous year question papers to analyze the type of questions asked in the test and get an overview of the structure of the exam.
FAQs Regarding SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2021
The frequently asked questions on SBI Clerk 2021 Paper Pattern are given below:
| Q. Is the SBI clerk exam pattern different for preliminary and mains exam?|
A. Yes, the exam pattern of SBI clerk differs for preliminary and mains examination.
|Q. What is the medium of instruction of SBI clerk exam? |
A. The medium of instruction for SBI clerk exam is English/Hindi.
|Q. What are the subjects for preliminary examination? |
A. The subjects for prelims comprises of English language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
|Q. What is the time duration for prelims and main exam?|
A. The time duration for prelims and main exam is 1 hour and 2 hour 40 minutes respectively.
We strongly believe that your SBI Clerk preparation will become effective once you understand SBI Clerk Exam Pattern and analyze them. A careful analysis will help you understand your weak areas and and you can work on them to improve yourself. Make the best possible use of these free mock tests and do well in the exam.
If you happen to come across any questions, put them down in the comment section below. Our experts will surely assist you by answering each and every one of your query. Team Embibe wishes you all the best for your SBI Clerk 2021!12 Views