SSC CGL Application Form 2021: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) CGL Application Form 2020-21 was released on December 29, 2020, on the official website. SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) registration process culminated on January 31, 2021. Meanwhile, as per the recent SSC CGL Notification, the SSC CGL exam for Tier I has been postponed, owing to the coronavirus pandemic, Initially, it was scheduled to be held from May 29 to June 07, 2021. In this article, we have provided all the information on the SSC CGL Application Form 2020-21 including eligibility criteria, the process of filling it, documents required, and more.
Every year, lakhs of candidates appear in the SSC CGL Exam but only a few get through them and achieve their goals. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments, and Offices. Aspirants have to clear the four SSC CGL Tiers i.e., I, II, III and IV. Tier I & II are taken online, on the other hand, Tier III & IV are held in offline mode. Candidates can check all detailed information on SSC CGL Application Form.
Read on to find out everything about the SSC CGL Online Form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, and application process.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Application Form: Overview
Before getting into the details on SSC CGL Application Form, let’s have an overview of the SSC CGL exams:
|Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Examination Name||Combined Graduate Level Examination|
|Number of Vacancies||to be notified|
|Exam Mode||Online & Offline|
|Job Location||Pan India|
|Category||SSC CGL Application Form|
|SSC CGL EXAM PATTERN||SSC CGL SYLLABUS|
|SSC CGL 2020 Preparation||BEST BOOKS FOR SSC CGL|
|SSC CGL CUT OFF SCORES||SSC CGL Recruitment|
SSC CGL 2020 – 21Application Form Dates
The important CGL Application Form Dates are tabulated below:
|SSC CGL 2020 Notification||December 29, 2020|
|SSC CGL Apply Online Date||December 29, 2020|
|SSC CGL Application Form Last Date||January 31, 2021|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||To be announced|
|Tier I exam||To be announced (Postponed)|
|Tier II exam||To be announced|
|Tier III exam||To be announced|
|Tier IV exam||To be announced|
Official notification for postponement of SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2020-21
Before filling out the application form, candidates will have to check their eligibility criteria.
|SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria Nationality||Candidate must be an Indian citizen or any one of the following:|
– a subject of Nepal or,
– a subject of Bhutan or,
– a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
– a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that these candidates (except for Indians) produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India at the time of appointment.
|SSC CGL Eligibility Educational Qualification |
Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer
– Essential Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University
– Desired Qualification: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or a Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics
Junior Statistical Officer
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level (OR)
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
Statistical Investigator Grade-II
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute. The candidates must have studied Statistics as a subject in all the three years of the graduation course.
All Other Posts
Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent
SSC CGL Age Limit: The generalized age criteria for SSC CGL is 18 to 32 years as on January 01, 2020. Different posts have different age criteria. Age relaxation for some specific categories, the candidate’s age limit is relaxed for the purpose of SSC CGL Application form. Age Relaxation table category wise are tabulated below:
|Gen +PH||10 Years|
|OBC + PH||13 Years|
|SC/CT + PH||15 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 Years|
How to Apply for SSC CGL 2020-21?
Aspirants must have a valid and active email id. SSC will use this id to send the registration number, password, exam date, venue etc. Application Procedure for SSC CGL Exam includes two phases as SSC CGL Part 1 Registration & SSC CGL Part 2 Registration.
Part -I Registration – Aspirants have to fill basic details and posts preferences.
Part -II Registration – Applicants have to enter payment details, upload scanned signature & photograph.
SSC CGL 2020 – 21 Application Form | Part -I Registration
- Visit the official website http://ssconline.nic.in/
- On the main page click on Examination-Part I Registration.
- Click on the ‘Online form click here’ link and the application form for the Part-I Registration will open.
- Fill all mandatory information like Select Centre and Code, Name, Father’s Name, DOB, Gender, Category, postal address etc.
- Fill the post preference order (refer to SSC CGL Post Preference 2020)
- After that click on I Agree button.
After submission of Part I of the application form, a registration no. and password will be generated to complete the Part II Registration.
SSC CGL 2020 – 21 Application Form | Part -II Registration
- Visit the official website ssconline.nic.in
- On the main page click on the Examination-Part II Registration.
- Enter the registration no. and password, which was generated after the submission of Part I of the application form.
- Applicants will get the option of Making Online or Offline Payment and Uploading Scanned Photo and Signature.
- Pay the application fees either via online mode or via offline mode
- In online method – Credit Cards/ Debit card/ Net Banking etc, and you will directly be stepped up to the second phase that is “uploading scanned photo and signature”.
- In the offline method, a Challan form will be generated. Aspirants should take the printed challan to any SBI Branch for Payment of application fees. You must note down the Transaction Number given by the bank.
How to upload Documents in SSC CGL Application Form?
Check Out the Instructions for uploading photograph and signature:
|The digital size of the file of the photographs must be more than 4 kb and less than 12 kb with a resolution of 100-pixel width and 120-pixel height.|
|The signature must be uploaded in jpg format. The digital size of the signature file must be more than 1 kb and less than 12 kb with a resolution of 40-pixel width by 60-pixel height.|
|The aspirants find that he has made some mistake while entering details in the registration part, he has the option of editing the registration part.|
|The aspirants should log in to default page and use option ‘view/edit Registration’ by filling in date of birth, registration number, and password.|
SSC CGL 2020 Application Fee
The SSC CGL Application Fee details are given below:
- No fee is required to be paid by female, ST, SC, Physically Handicapped and Ex-Servicemen applicants.
- Applications fee should be paid only via SBI challan or via SBI net Banking or any other bank/Credit/Debit Card.
- For paying the Application fee in cash, applications should be taken a hard copy of challan generated online after the completion of the SSC CGL 2020 Part-1 registration.
- After paying the application fee in any branch of SBI, continue with the CGL Part – 2 registration 2020.
- Aspirants who want to pay the online application fee may go directly to part –II registration after completing the part –I registration process.
SSC CGL 2020 – 21 Application Status
Within a few days from the date of filling out the SSC CGL Application Form, the official of SSC will release the CGL Application Status region-wise. The region-wise SSC CGL Application Status can be checked from the table below:
|State Name||CGL Online Form Status|
|Jammu & Kashmir, Haryana, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh||SSC North Western Region Official Link|
|Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, and Nagaland||SSC North Eastern Region Official Link|
|Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu||SSC Southern Region Official Link|
|Karnataka, Kerala||SSC Kerala Karnataka Region Official Link|
|Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand||SSC Northern Region Official Link|
|Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh||SSC Madhya Pradesh Official Link|
|West Bengal, Orissa, Sikkim and Andaman & Nicobar Island||SSC Eastern Region Official Link|
|Uttar Pradesh and Bihar||SSC Central Region Official Link|
|Maharashtra, Goa and Gujarat||SSC Western Region Official Link|
FAQs Regarding SSC CGL 2020 – 21 Application Form
The frequently asked questions regarding SSC CGL Online from are given below:
A. No, the candidate must be a Graduate of a recognized University/Institution.
A. The SSC has released SSC CGL Notification on December 29, 2020
A. The last date for applying SSC CGL is January 31, 2020
A. According to the official notification, the SSC will conduct SSC CGL Tier I exam from May 29 to June 07, 2021
A. Yes, candidates studying in final year also can apply for SSC CGL Exams 2020-21 exams.
A. No if you have already registered, you can start applying for the exam by filling out the application form with your credentials.
A. Candidates should pay Rs. 100 as application fee for the exam.
Now that you’re provided with all the necessary information regarding SSC CGL Application Form 2020-21. Make sure that you prepare as per the syllabus and exam pattern. You can also take free SSC CGL Mock Tests. Taking these tests will help you to proceed in the right direction. After each test, candidates can easily analyze their performance and rectify their mistakes which will, in turn, result in score improvement.
We hope this detailed article on SSC CGL Application Form is helpful. If you have any doubts, reach us through the comment box below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.2077 Views