SSC CGL 2020 Notification: The Staff Selection Commission has announced the SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier 2 & 3 exam dates in the SSC exam calendar released on September 22. Besides that, SSC CGL 2020-21 Notification date has also been announced. A new SSC CGL Notification is scheduled to release on December 21, 2021.
The SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier II exam will be conducted from November 2 to 5, 2020. Prior to this, the officials had released the SSC CGL Tier 1 Result, Scorecard and Final Answer key. As per the SSC CGL vacancy list, a total of around 9,488 vacancies are released for 50 departments. In this article, we have provided all the relevant and updated information on SSC CGL 2020 Exam Dates, Vacancy, Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Cutoff & more. Read on to find out!
|September 22, 2020: SSC exam calendar has been released on the official website. SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier 2 & 3 exam dates and SSC CGL 2020-21 Notification release dates are announced.|
July 21, 2020: SSC CGL Tier 2 exam dates revised. Tier 2 exam will be conducted from November 2 to 5, 2020
July 07, 2020: SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier 1 Final Answer Key released. Click Here to check the final answer key.
July 01, 2020: SSC CGL Tier 1 Result released. Click here to check the result.
June 29, 2020: Revised SSC CGL Vacancies released. The vacancies are increased from 9,389 to 9,488.
June 01, 2020: SSC CGL Tier 2 new exam dates announced! SSC CGL Tier 2 exam will be conducted from October 14 to 17
SSC CGL 2020
Before getting into the details, let’s have an overview of SSC CGL examination:
|Exam Name||Combined Graduate Level Examination|
|Commonly known as||SSC CGL|
|Exam Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Mode||Online (Tier 1 & 2) & Offline (Tier 3 & 4)|
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Vacancies||9488|
|Number of Posts||34|
|Exam Languages||English & Hindi|
|Exam Helpdesk No||011-69999845|
SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam Dates
It is very essential for candidates to be aware of the upcoming events of SSC CGL 2019-20. Check the SSC CGL 2020 Tier-2 & 3 exam dates and other important dates from the table below:
|Release of SSC CGL 2019 Notification||October 22, 2019|
|SSC CGL Application 2019 Dates||October 22 to November 25, 2019|
|Payment of SSC CGL Application 2019 Fee||October 22 to November 27, 2019|
|Release of SSC CGL Admit Card||February 20, 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Exam||March 03 to 09, 2020|
|Release of SSC CGL Tier 1 Answer Key||March 16, 2020|
|Declaration of SSC CGL Tier 1 Result||July 01, 2020|
|Release of SSC CGL Final Answer Key||July 07, 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-II & III Admit Card||October Last Week, 2020 (Tentative)|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Exam||November 02 to 05, 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-III Exam||November 22, 2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam||To be Announced|
SSC CGL 2020-21 Exam Schedule
SSC has released dates for the upcoming notification. Check the SSC CGL 2020-21 exam dates from below:
|Release of SSC CGL 2020 Notification||December 21, 2020|
|Start of SSC CGL Registration||December 21, 2020|
|Last Date To Apply Online||January 25, 2021|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||To Be Notified|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Exam||May 29 to June 07, 2021|
SSC CGL 2020: SSC CGL Vacancy Details 2020
Staff Selection Commission has released the revised vacancy details on the official website. A total of 9,488 vacancies are announced across 50 departments. The vacancies are released category wise for each department. However, there can be multiple posts available under each department. The zone-wise or state-wise vacancies are not released and candidates will have to contact the user departments for State-wise vacancy details.
How to Check SSC CGL Vacancy Details?
Candidates can check the SSC CGL vacancy details from the official website. The steps to check vacancies for SSC CGL are given below:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website – ssc.nic.in
- – 2nd Step: Click on the tab ‘Candidate’s Corner’ and then click on ‘Tentative Vacancy’ (refer to the image below).
- – 3rd Step: A new page opens. Go to the ‘CGL’ tab (refer to the image below).
- – 4th Step: Click on the appropriate link available. The vacancy list will open as PDF. Go through and download for future reference.
SSC CGL 2020: SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria to ensure their eligibility for SSC CGL 2020. The eligibility criteria are given below.
Candidate must be an Indian citizen or any one of the following:
- – a subject of Nepal or,
- – a subject of Bhutan or,
- – a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- – a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that these candidates (except for Indians) produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India at the time of appointment.
The generalized age criteria for SSC CGL is 18 to 32 years as on January 01, 2020. Different posts have different age criteria.
There is also a provision for relaxation in the upper age limit as per the rules. Check the age relaxation criteria for different categories:
|Gen +PH||10 Years|
|OBC + PH||13 Years|
|SC/CT + PH||15 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 Years|
SSC CGL Eligibility: Educational Qualification
The SSC CGL educational qualification is common for several posts. Whereas for some posts the educational qualification varies. Check the post-wise educational conditions from below.
Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer
– Essential Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University
– Desired Qualification: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or a Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics
Junior Statistical Officer
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level (OR)
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
Statistical Investigator Grade-II
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute. The candidates must have studied Statistics as a subject in all the three years of the graduation course.
All Other Posts
Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent
SSC CGL Recruitment 2020: SSC CGL Application Form
SSC CGL application form is released online on the official website of SSC. There is no offline form available for the same. Check the steps to apply online for SSC CGL 2020:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of SSC CGL- ssc.nic.in
- – 2nd Step: Click on the link that reads “Apply” and select the CGL option.
- – 3rd Step: Select the “Examination” link and click on “Part I Registration.”
- – 4th Step: Now enter your “Personal”, “Contact”, and “Educational Qualification” details.
- – 5th Step: Now, click on the “Register” button.
- – 6th Step: You will receive the registration number and password via email.
- – 7th Step: Log in using your “Registration Number” and “Password” and select “Part II Registration.”
- – 8th Step: Now select the payment mode- offline/online and pay the application fees.
- – 9th Step: Upload your scanned “Photograph” and “Signature.”
- – 10th Step: Download the form and take its print out for future reference.
SSC CGL Notification 2020: SSC CGL Application Fee
Candidates can pay the SSC CGL application fee through online or offline mode. The online payment can be done through UPI or Debit/Credit Cards or Net Banking. For offline fee payment, candidates will have to download the challan and pay the amount as cash in any SBI Branch. Check the application fee details from below:
|UR/ OBC/ EWS||Rs. 100/-|
|Female candidates/ SC/ ST/ PH/ Ex-Servicemen||No Fee|
SSC CGL 2020: SSC CGL Exam Pattern
SSC CGL exam is conducted in four stages. Check the stage-wise exam conduction mode from the table below:
|Tier –I||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier –II||Objective Multiple Choice||CBT (Online)|
|Tier –III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mode|
|Tier – IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
- – The SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is conducted for a total of 200 marks which consist of 100 questions to answer.
- – The SSC CGL Tier 2 exam is conducted for a total of 800 marks which consists of a total of 500 questions.
- – Tier 3 exam is a descriptive exam for a total of 100 marks.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2020: SSC CGL Syllabus
The SSC CGL Syllabus differs for every stage of the exam. The SSC CGL subjects included in the syllabus for Tier 1 & 2 exams are as follows:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
- English Language
- General Studies (Finance and Economics)
SSC CGL 2020: SSC CGL Admit Card
The SSC CGL Admit Card will be released on the official website – ssc.nic.in. All the candidates who have successfully applied for SSC CGL exam will be issued an e-admit card/ hall ticket. To download the admit card, visit the official website and enter the registration number and date of birth in the given fields.
SSC CGL Admit Card will have details of the examination such as Date of Examination, Roll Number, Centre Code, Examination Centre, Photograph, and Signature. In case of any discrepancy in the details mentioned on the admit card, candidates will have to report it to the official authority. It is compulsory to bring the admit card on the examination day. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without admit card.
SSC CGL 2020: SSC CGL Exam Centers
The SSC CGL exam is conducted at hundreds of exam centers across the nation. Below are some of the examination centers for SSC CGL:
|Sl. No.||Examination Centre||Centre Code|
Note: Under some circumstances, the examination centers are subjected to change depending on the decision taken by the officials.
SSC CGL 2020: Best Books For SSC CGL Preparation
The selection of theappropriate books is very essential for SSC CGL 2020 Preparation. Check the subject-wise best books for SSC CGL 2020 from below:
- – Mathematics 7300+ objective by Rakesh Yadav) Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- – Fast Track by Rajesh Verma
- – Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- – NCERT books for Maths (Class 7th to Class 10th)
- – High School Grammar by Wren and Martin
- – Objective General English by S P Bakshi (Arihant)
- – Previous Year questions of SSC by Kiran Prakashan
- – Plinth to Paramount by Neetu
- – Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- – Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
- – Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- – Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- – Kiran’s SSC Reasoning chapters
- – A New Approach to ReasoningVerbal & Non-Verbal by Arihant
- – Arihant’s SSC CGL Solved Papers (2010-2015)
- – Manorama Yearbook 2016 (English)
- – Lucent’s General Knowledge
SSC CGL Notification 2020: SSC CGL Answer Key
After the SSC CGL exam is conducted, the officials will release the CGL answer key and response sheets. Candidates can refer to the answer key and calculate the marks scored in the exam. In case of any objections regarding the correct options, candidates can challenge the answer key. The SSC CGL answer key challenging option will be opened as per the schedule decided by the officials. Candidates will have to pay the applicable fee and challenge the answer key with the required documents.
SSC CGL 2020: SSC CGL Result
The SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is conducted and the result can be declared anytime soon. The SSC CGL result is released separately for each stage of the exam. The SSC CGL result is released as PDF on the official website. Thereafter, the SSC CGL Scorecard will also be released. Candidates will have to enter their ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’ to view and download the scorecard.
SSC CGL 2020: SSC CGL Cut off Score
As the SSC CGL 2020 cutoff is yet to be announced, check the previous year SSC CGL cut off from the table below.
SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier 1 Cutoff (Paper-I and Paper-II)
We have now provided all the relevant information on SSC CGL 2020. Once you have gone through the information you were looking for, get back to your SSC CGL Preparation 2020. Make sure that you prepare as per the syllabus and exam pattern. You can also take free SSC CGL Tier 2 Mock Tests at Embibe. Taking these tests will help you to proceed in the right direction. After each test, candidates can easily analyze their performance and rectify their mistakes which will, in turn, result in score improvement.
We hope this detailed article on SSC CGL Recruitment helps you. If you have any queries regarding SSC CGL Recruitment, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.544 Views