SSC CGL Books 2021: Candidates studying for SSC CGL 2021 must check the SSC Books to improve their preparation and crack the exam in one go. Every year, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam with various stages for the recruitment of candidates in Grade “B” and “C” category posts in Government Ministries, Departments, and Offices. To have a promising government jobs, lakhs of candidates appear for this exam. It is a known fact that SSC CGL exams are highly competitive and demand a high level of preparation. So, candidates should focus on SSC CGL preparation to score high marks. And this can only happen when there is proper strategy, availability of study material, and best books for SSC CGL to refer from. We have provided the best SSC CGL book list and preparation tips in this article.
There are possibilities that candidates might find it difficult to crack the SSC CGL exam and get a decently paid government job. It is very important to get better scores on the subjects mentioned in the SSC CGL syllabus so candidates should plan and work accordingly to achieve their goals. The first step towards this is to choose the right study material or SSC best books for the exam. To save time in searching study material, candidates can check the list of SSC CGL exam books mentioned in this article. We have prepared a compact list of the best SSC CGL Books that are recommended for SSC CGL preparations. Read on to find out more details from this page.
SSC CGL Books: Overview
Before we get into the detailed list of SSC CGL books, let’s have an overview of SSC CGL 2021 exam:
|Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Examination Name||Combined Graduate Level Examination|
|Selection Stages||Four (Tier I, II, III & IV)|
|Job Location||Pan India|
|Number of Posts||34|
|Total Vacancies||8582 (Expected)|
|Exam Languages||English & Hindi|
|Category||SSC CGL Books|
Best Books For SSC CGL: Subjects
There are four major subjects to study for SSC CGL exam namely, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Reasoning, and General Awareness. Besides that, candidates can also solve previous year papers. Let’s go through the list of best books for SSC CGL recommended by experts.
1. SSC Quantitative Aptitude Books
The list of best books for CGL Quantitative Aptitude are as follows:
| 1. Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal |
2. Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
3. Quantitative Abilities Arithmetic Ability by Kiran Prakashan
4. Magical Book On Quicker Maths
5. Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
6. Quicker Maths by M Tyra (For beginners)
7. Arithmetic for General Competition Vol 1& 2 by Neetu Singh
8. Mathematics Class 11th and 12th y R.D. Sharma
9. Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Publication
2. SSC English Language Books
The list of the best English book for SSC CGL is as follows:
|1. Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant)|
2. Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
3. Objective English for Competitive Examinations by H M Prasad
4. How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – By Arun Sharma
5. Wren & Martin – High School English Grammar and Composition
6. Perfect Competitive English V.K. Sinha
7. Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
8. Competitive General English Kiran Prakashan
3. SSC Reasoning Books
The list of best reasoning book for SSC CGL section are as follows:
|1. Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey |
2. Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
3. New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
4. Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
5. How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT and How to Prepare6. for Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma
7. Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
4. SSC General Awareness Books
The list of best books to prepare for the General Awareness Section are as follows:
| 1. Current Affairs |
2. General Knowledge Dr. Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)
3. Manorama Yearbook 2020 (English/ Hindi)
4. India 2020 (English/ Hindi)
5. SSC CGL Exam Books for Previous Year Papers
The following book can be referred to go through the previous year’s papers.
|1. Solved Papers SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Pre Examination Tier-I by Arihant |
2. SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Exams Question Bank by Kiran
3. SSC CGL 50 Practice Papers Combined Graduate Level Tier-I Examination by Arihant
Quick Note: Candidates can solve NCERT class 10 Maths & English books for preparing particular sections since most of the questions are based on NCERT Books.
SSC CGL 2021 Selection Process
As you have gone through the list of SSC CGL books, let’s also understand the selection process of SSC CGL 2021.
|Tier – I||Written Examination (Multiple Choice – Computer Based Test)|
|Tier – II||Written Examination (Multiple Choice – Computer Based Test)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)|
|Tier – IV||Data Entry Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test(wherever applicable)/ Document Verification|
SSC CGL 2021 Tier 1 Exam Pattern
After having the knowledge of the best books for SSC CGL 2021, let’s go through the examination scheme to start your preparation. The Tier 1 SSC CGL exam pattern is given below.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
The maximum time allocated to complete the test is 60 minutes. There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CGL 2021 Tier 2 Exam Pattern
Candidates who qualify tier 1 are eligible for tier 2 exam. The exam pattern is tabulated below:
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
SSC CGL 2021 Tier 3 Exam Pattern
Tier 3 exam is descriptive in nature that tests the Writing skills of a candidate in Hindi or English.
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Essay Writing, Precis, Letter, Application, etc.)||100||60 minutes|
SSC CGL 2021 Tier 4 Exam Pattern
The tier 4 exam has 2 parts. The first part is for analyzing the typing skills of a candidate and the 2nd part checks the software skills of an aspirant -MS Office.
|DEST Test||2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in English|
|CPT Test||Proficiency in MS Office|
SSC Exam Books: Preparation Tips
Nearly thousands of candidates appear for the SSC CGL exam every year. To achieve success in the exam, candidates must follow a set pattern for Tier 1 and Tier 2. If a candidate is committed and focused he/she can crack the exam easily. We already explained the exam pattern for Tier I-IV exams based on that you must prepare your strategy. Below are a few points that you can follow to ace the exam:
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus in and out
- Collect the study material for all the subjects and papers
- Prepare a time table covering all the subject on a daily basis
- Start learning from the easy ones and then shift to complex topics
- Solve previous year question papers to understand the types of questions that can appear.
- Practicing regularly from the previous year questions can help in improving your weaker areas
- Focus equally on all the 4 topics for tier I exam.
- Reading newspapers daily in order to increase knowledge about current affairs
- Be focused and committed
- Take regular mock tests to improve speed, accuracy and time management
- Seek the help from the important books mentioned in this article
- Track your progress with every practice
FAQs regarding the SSC CGL Books 2021
The frequently asked questions for the best books for SSC CGL are mentioned below:
A1: The list of books to prepare SSC CGL is given in the article above. Some of Popular Books are from Arihant, RS Agarwal, HM Prasad etc.
A2: The best books to prepare the English section of SSC CGL
a) Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant)
b) Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
c) Objective English for Competitive Examinations by H M Prasad
d) How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – By Arun Sharma
A3: SSC CLG requires a well-planned preparation. You can check preparation tips regarding SSC CGL Preparation in one month.
A4: Yes. Candidates can clear the CGL exam in 6 months. The exams require a systematic approach with proper time management and smart work. Be confident, regular, and committed and you will surely clear the exam.
A5: Refer The Hindu, Times of India, Hindustan Times, and other such papers for current affairs preparation.
A6: Yes, Maths is one of the most important subjects for the CGL exam. There are 25 questions in tier 1 and 100 questions in tiers 2.
A7: The toughness of the exam depends on your skills and preparation. A lot of candidates are able to clear the exam with just 2 months’ preparation. If you are dedicated and have all the resources you can clear the exam easily.
A8: The CGL exam is conducted in 4 stages namely Tier I to Tier IV. A candidate must clear all the stages to get a job. Since all the stages are different therefore aspirants must prepare strategies for each stage separately. However, the general rule to clear an exam is to be committed, dedicated, know the exam pattern and syllabus, gather all the resources, and give your 100%.
A9: The best books for CGL Tier 1 and 2 are:
Maths – Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
English – Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant)
Reasoning – Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
General Awareness – Lucent
We have now provided you with all the details on the best books for SSC CGL 2021. Refer to these books and also keep track of the SSC CGL Syllabus which you need to cover. Besides that, you must also have a good knowledge of the exam pattern. Make sure that you cover the syllabus on time and also dedicate time for revision. Besides that, you can also take SSC CGL Mock Tests to ensure score improvement. Embibe provided you with Free SSC CGL Mock Tests which will help you to know where you stand with the present level of preparation. This will also help you know where you are going wrong. Working on these mistakes will help you score better.
We hope this detailed article on SSC CGL Books 2021 helps you. For any queries drop a comment below and we will get back to you.5403 Views