SSC CGL Books 2022: The candidates preparing for the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (SSC-CGL) must check the complete list of the best books for the preparation of this exam. It is important for the candidates to refer to the best study material for the preparation of the SSC CGL 2022 exam. Every year, SSC conducts CGL Exam for various posts in Government Ministries, Departments, and Offices. It is a known fact that SSC CGL exams are highly competitive and requires high-level preparation. So, candidates should start their preparation and choose the proper strategy, study material, and best books for the SSC CGL exam and score well in the exam.
The candidates must also be well-aware of the SSC CGL 2022 best preparation books and study material for the CGL in addition to the preparation plan. Read this article or bookmark this page to know about the SSC CGL Best books for session 2022 for various subjects.
SSC CGL Books 2022
Before we get into the detailed list of SSC CGL books, let’s have an overview of the SSC CGL 2022 exam:
|Organisation||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Examination Name||Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Examination|
|Selection Stages||Four (Tier I, II, III & IV)|
|Job Location||In different locations in India|
|Number of Posts||Not yet notified|
|Exam Languages||English & Hindi|
|Category||SSC CGL Books|
Subject-wise SSC CGL Books 2022
There are four major subjects to study for the SSC CGL exam namely, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language, Reasoning, and General Awareness. Besides that, candidates can also solve previous year papers. Let’s go through the list of best books for SSC CGL recommended by experts.
1. SSC Quantitative Aptitude Books
The list of best books for CGL Quantitative Aptitude are as follows:
|1. Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal |
2. Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
3. Quantitative Abilities Arithmetic Ability by Kiran Prakashan
4. Magical Book On Quicker Maths
5. Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
6. Quicker Maths by M Tyra (For beginners)
7. Arithmetic for General Competition Vol 1& 2 by Neetu Singh
8. Mathematics Class 11th and 12th y R.D. Sharma
9. Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Publication
2. SSC English Language Books
The list of the best English book for SSC CGL is as follows:
|1. Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant)|
2. Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
3. Objective English for Competitive Examinations by H M Prasad
4. How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – By Arun Sharma
5. Wren & Martin – High School English Grammar and Composition
6. Perfect Competitive English V.K. Sinha
7. Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
8. Competitive General English Kiran Prakashan
Don’t miss: SSC CGL Preparation Tips
3. SSC Reasoning Books
The list of best reasoning book for the SSC CGL section are as follows:
|1. Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey |
2. Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
3. New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
4. Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
5. How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT and How to Prepare6. for Data Interpretation for the CAT by Arun Sharma
7. Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
4. SSC General Awareness Books
The list of best books to prepare for the General Awareness section are as follows:
|1. Current Affairs |
2. General Knowledge Dr Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)
3. Manorama Yearbook 2020 (English/ Hindi)
4. India 2020 (English/ Hindi)
5. SSC CGL Exam Books for Previous Year Papers
The following book can be referred to go through the previous year’s papers.
|1. Solved Papers SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Pre Examination Tier-I by Arihant |
2. SSC CGL Combined Graduate Level Exams Question Bank by Kiran
3. SSC CGL 50 Practice Papers Combined Graduate Level Tier-I Examination by Arihant
Quick Note: Candidates can solve NCERT class 10 Maths & English books for preparing particular sections since most of the questions are based on NCERT Books.
Important: SSC CGL 2021 Syllabus
SSC CGL Selection Process
As you have gone through the list of SSC CGL books, let’s also understand the selection process of SSC CGL 2022.
|Tier – I||Written Examination (Multiple Choice – Computer Based Test)|
|Tier – II||Written Examination (Multiple Choice – Computer Based Test)|
|Tier – III||Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)|
|Tier – IV||Data Entry Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test(wherever applicable)/ Document Verification|
SSC CGL 2022 Tier I Exam Pattern
After having the knowledge of the best books for SSC CGL 2022, let’s go through the examination scheme to start your preparation. The Tier 1 SSC CGL exam pattern is given below.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
The maximum time allocated to complete the test is 60 minutes. There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer.
SSC CGL 2022 Tier II Exam Pattern
Candidates who pass Tier 1 exam are eligible for the Tier 2 exam. The exam pattern is tabulated below:
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
SSC CGL 2022 Tier III Exam Pattern
Tier 3 exam is descriptive in nature that tests the Writing skills of a candidate in Hindi or English.
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Essay Writing, Precis, Letter, Application, etc.)||100||60 minutes|
SSC CGL 2022 Tier IV Exam Pattern
The tier 4 exam has 2 parts. The first part is for analysing the typing skills of a candidate and the 2nd part checks the software skills of an aspirant using MS Office.
|DEST Test||2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in English|
|CPT Test||Proficiency in MS Office|
SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips
Thousands of candidates appear for the SSC CGL exam every year. To succeed in the exam, candidates must follow the official exam pattern for Tier 1 and Tier 2. If a candidate is committed and focused he/she can crack the exam easily. We already explained the exam pattern for Tier I-IV exams based on which, candidates must make use of their exam-taking strategy. Below are a few points that you can follow to ace the exam:
- 1. Understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly
- 2. Collect the study material for all the subjects and papers
- 3. Prepare a time table covering all the subject on a daily basis
- 4. Start learning from the easy ones and then shift to complex topics
- 5. Solve previous year question papers to understand the types of questions to be asked
- 6. Practice regularly from the previous year questions can help in improving your weaker areas
- 7. Focus equally on all the 4 topics for tier I exam
- 8. Read newspapers daily in order to increase knowledge about current affairs
- 9. Be focused and committed
- 10. Take regular mock tests to improve speed, accuracy and time management
- 11. Seek the help from the important books mentioned in this article
- 12. Track your progress with every practice
There are possibilities that candidates might find it difficult to crack the SSC CGL exam and get a high-paid government job. It is very important to get better scores on the subjects mentioned in the SSC CGL syllabus so candidates should plan and work accordingly to achieve their goals.
That is why the first step towards this is to choose the right study material or SSC books for the exam. To save time in searching study material, we suggest that candidates check the list of SSC CGL exam books mentioned in this article above. This compact list of the best SSC CGL Books that are recommended for SSC CGL preparations.
FAQs on SSC CGL Books
The frequently asked questions for the best books for SSC CGL are as below.
|Q. What are the tips to clear SSC CGL?|
A. Candidates must clear all the stages of SSC CGL to get a job. Aspirants must prepare strategies for each stage. The general rule to clear SSC CGL is to be committed, dedicated, know the exam pattern, syllabus, gather all the best books, and give your 100%.
|Q. Which are the best books for SSC CGL preparation?|
A. The best books for SSC CGL are:
Maths – Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Kumar Verma
English – Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant)
Reasoning – Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
General Awareness – Lucent
|Q. What are the best books to prepare for SSC CGL English?|
A. The best books to prepare the English section of SSC CGL
a) Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant)
b) Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
c) Objective English for Competitive Examinations by H M Prasad
d) How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension – By Arun Sharma
|Q. Can I prepare for the SSC CGL Tier-I exam in one month?|
A. Yes, if you are dedicated and hardworking then you can prepare for SSC CGL in one month time. You can check the preparation tips of SSC CGL in this article and gear up your pace.
|Q. Is SSC CGL tough?|
A. The toughness of the exam depends on your skills and preparation. A lot of candidates are able to clear the exam with just 2 months’ preparation. If you are dedicated and have all the resources you can clear the exam easily.
|SSC CGL Salary||SSC CGL Syllabus|
|SSC CGL Notification||SSC CGL Exam Pattern|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||SSC CGL Preparation Tips|
|SSC CGL Previous Year Papers||SSC CGL Answer Key|
We have now provided you with all the details on the best books for SSC CGL Books. Refer to these books and keep track of the SSC CGL Syllabus to score well in the exam. Besides that, you must also have a good knowledge of the exam pattern. Make sure that you cover the syllabus on time and set some time aside for revision. Besides that, you can also take SSC CGL Mock Tests to ensure score improvement.
Embibe also has provided you with free SSC CGL Mock Tests that will help you know where you stand with the present level of preparation. It will also help you know where you are going wrong, and working on these mistakes will help you score better.
We hope this detailed article on SSC CGL Books helps you. For any queries or suggestions, please drop a comment below, and we will get back to you.