SSC CGL Preparation2021: Candidates preparing vigorously for SSC CLG 2020-21 must check out the SSC CGL Preparation Strategy. SSC CGL Preparation tips will help the aspirants to study more efficiently in the right direction which not only enhances the performance but gives extra time for revision as well. As the Staff Selection Commission has postponed the SSC CGL Tier 1 exam due to the coronavirus pandemic, it gives more time for candidates to boost their preparation by referring to the SSC CGL exam pattern and syllabus. It is very necessary for candidates to clear the SSC CGL exam in one go. To achieve the desired goal, it is a must to have the best SSC CGL preparation plan for candidates.
Every year, CGL Exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission to recruit staff for various Group B and Group C posts. Candidates have to clear four different levels known as tiers to secure their desire position. SSC jobs are considered to be one of the most secure and promising professions among aspirants and to make a career out of it is a big task. SSC CGL Preparation tips will make the studying phase much easier for applied candidates. CGL is one of the most sought-after jobs in the country which, therefore, makes it one of the top-level competitive exams in India. Therefore, if you’re aspiring to appear and crack the SSC CGL exams, you can refer to this article. In this article, we have provided SSC CGL preparation tips & tricks to help you successfully clear this exam on the first attempt.
SSC CGL Preparation 2020-21
Before getting into the details, let’s have an overview of SSC CGL 2020-21.
|Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Examination Name||Combined Graduate Level Examination|
|Job Location||Pan India|
|Category||SSC CGL Preparation|
SSC CGL Exam Preparation | Selection Process
The SSC CGL selection process consists of four stages. Thus SSC CGL Preparation Strategy varies for each stage. Candidates will have to be aware of the subjects and difficulty level of questions to move ahead with the plan. For now, let us now look into the selection process of SSC CGL before discussing the SSC CGL Preparation Strategy.
According to the SSC CGL selection process, you will have to go through four different tiers:
- a) Tier-I: Computer-based written exam in MCQ format
- b) Tier-II: Computer-based written exam in MCQ format
- c) Tier-III: Written examination (Descriptive test/ Essay writing)
- d) Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)/ Data Entry Test wherever applicable and document verification.
The final selection of candidates is based on the overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III. The Tier-IV is qualifying in nature.
How To Prepare For Reasoning in SSC CGL Exam?
This section has 25 questions in the Tier-1 Exam. Reasoning tests your problem-solving and decision-making skills and analytical thinking.
- The General Intelligence section is less time consuming and can be attempted quickly & with full accuracy. Frequently asked topics in this section are Analogy, Word Arrangement, Odd Man Out, Alphanumeric Series, Venn Diagrams, Coding-Decoding, Miscellaneous.
- As per trend followed in previous papers of General Intelligence & Reasoning one can easily figure out the commonly asked questions of this section, and emphasize more on their preparation to score better.
How To Prepare For SSC CGL English Exam?
The English language is the easiest among all the sections. This section carrys 25 Marks in Tier-1, and 200 Marks in Tier 2 exam.
- Aspirants need to read the newspaper daily in the English language. It will help you to be aware of the daily current affairs news & simultaneously your vocabulary & reading speed will also improve.
- The SSC CGl English Section checks your understanding of vocabulary, grammar and reading comprehension.
- In grammar, the questions will be asked from Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement, Active Passive Voice, Direct Indirect Speech topics.
- Use English to English dictionary while reading. For handling the vocabulary & comprehension parts you have to build up the reading skills.
- Daily solve a previous year’s paper or a model test paper. Aspirants can check out the Expected & Previous Years SSC CGL Cut Off to set the goals that they need to cross for cracking the CGL Exam.
How To Prepare For General Awareness in SSC CGL Exam?
General awareness subject is very vast. Keep your focus on important topics, and not on the entire syllabus.
- This is high scoring and time-saving section. The General Awareness section will include questions on Static General Knowledge and Science.
- In Science Section, the Questions are asked from Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Section.
- Aspirants can check out NCERT test books for referring science topics. Static GK mainly pertains to Arts and Culture, Indian History, Geography (India-World), Environment, Science & Technology, Economy, and Polity.
How To Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude in SSC CGL Exam?
Quantitative Aptitude section is the toughest as observed in the SSC CGL previous years’ papers.
- Topics being asked in SSC CGL exam are up to the 10th grade. This is the most important having highest weightage. Preparing SSC CGL Maths needs a lot of concentration as well as more time. The most important topics that you need to focus on more are listed here.
- Aspirants need to focus on fast calculation and short methods of the Arithmetic section and this subject requires special attention to Algebra, Geometry, Coordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, and Mensuration.
- Number System- You can start your preparation from the number system since it is the most basic concept.
- Profit and Loss- To master this topic, solving sums with big values will be of great help.
- Interest- Similar to Profit and Loss, you can prepare for this section by practicing sums with big values.
- Topics like circles, slopes are covered under Geometry. Brushing up on your basic knowledge of angles, congruence, coordinate geometry will be helpful for that.
- This section evaluates your numerical ability and problem-solving skills. Regular practice is mandatory.
SSC CGL Preparation | Exam Pattern
One of the essential tips is to start SSC CGL preparation plan is to understand the SSC CGL exam pattern carefully. Let us check SSC CGL Exam pattern.
SSC CGL Tier 1 – Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
- The total time duration to complete the test is of 60 Minutes (80 minutes for students suffering from disabilities like Visual Handicap and Cerebral Palsy)
- For every correct answer, two marks will be awarded.
- On the other hand for every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
SSC CGL Tier 2 – Exam Pattern
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
- The maximum time duration to complete the test is 120 minutes
- As per the negative marking scheme, 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer only in English Language and Comprehension subject.
- For the other three papers, 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
SSC CGL Tier 3 & 4 exams are Offline Subjective & Skill Tests respectivley.
SSC CGL Exam Preparation Tips
1. If you find any particular question difficult, make sure that you don’t waste your time trying to solve it. Instead, you should move to the next question and if time permits come back to this question later.
2. One thing that is crucial is that you have to clear the sectional cut-off of each section and also the overall cut-off.
3. So, if in the Exam, you find any particular section a bit challenging, attempt the minimum number of questions that are required to clear the sectional cut-off of that section.
4. Sometimes, the questions can be very tricky. We advise you to read them very carefully before answering.
5. In the Exam, avoid using any shortcut that you are not completely sure about.
6. Avoid Guesswork in the Exam.
SSC CGL Preparation | Frequently Asked Questions
The frequently asked questions regarding SSC CGL Preparation 2020-21 are given below:
A. SSC CGL is held once every year.
A. You have to go through four stages in SSC CGL provided you clear every stage-wise and section-wise cutoff.
A. The topics that you need to go through while preparing for Tier 1 SSC CGL are: General Intelligence & Reasoning, English Language, General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude.
A. No, The dates released by Staff Selection Commission are final and no further is entertained by the conducting body.
A. 0.5 marks will be deducted on each wrong answer in the SSC CGL exam.
We have now provided you with all the details on SSC CGL 2020-21 Preparation. As the exam is just around the corner, candidates must block out all the distractions and focus on the upcoming SSC CGL Tier 2 exam. Apart from learning new concepts and revising them, proper practice and taking mock tests will also help you a lot. Embibe provides free SSC CGL Tier 2 Mock Tests which will help you in your SSC CGL Tier 2 preparation. Taking these tests will help you to analyze your weak points, improving on which will boost your overall performance. So, go ahead with taking these tests and also improve your preparation strategy if needed.
Wishing you Best of Luck for the upcoming exams!!
We hope this detailed article on SSC CGL Preparation helps you in your preparation. If you have any query regarding SSC CGL preparation or the exam in general, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.2218 Views