SSC CGL Preparation 2022: The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC exam every year for the recruitment of candidates in various Grade B and C posts for multiple departments and ministries under the GOI. The exam pattern and syllabus have already been released by the SSC with the official notification. The SSC CGL 2022 exam will be held in the month of April. The candidates who are preparing for the SSC CGL exam must check out the preparation tips to score more in the tests. Here in this article, the candidates can check the preparation tips and tricks to score more in the exam. These tips will help the candidates to study efficiently and improve their performance and provide more time for the revision too. To achieve the desired goal, it is a must to have the best SSC CGL preparation plan for candidates.
CGL is one of the most sought-after jobs in the country, therefore, it is one of the top-level competitive exams in India. If you are aspiring to appear for the SSC CGL exams, you must refer to this article and clear this exam on the first attempt.
SSC CGL Exam Preparation 2022 Overview
We advise the candidates to check the SSC CGL 2022 Syllabus before starting the preparation for the exam. The candidates can take help from the previous year question papers also. As we know already that the selection procedure comprises 4 levels. Before proceeding further, let’s check the exam overview first.
|Organization||Staff Selection Commission|
|Examination Name||Combined Graduate Level Examination|
|Job Location||Pan India|
|Category||SSC CGL Preparation|
SSC CGL 2022 Selection Process
The SSC CGL selection process consists of four stages. Thus SSC CGL Preparation Strategy varies for each stage. Candidates will have to be aware of the subjects and difficulty level of questions to move ahead with the plan. For now, let us now look into the selection process of SSC CGL before discussing the SSC CGL Preparation Strategy.
According to the SSC CGL selection process, you will have to go through four different tiers:
- a) Tier-I: Computer-based written exam in MCQ format
- b) Tier-II: Computer-based written exam in MCQ format
- c) Tier-III: Written examination (Descriptive test/ Essay writing)
- d) Tier-IV: Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)/ Data Entry Test wherever applicable and document verification.
The final selection of candidates is based on the overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III. The Tier-IV is qualifying in nature.
SSC CGL Preparation Tips for Tier-I Exam 2022
The candidates who are appearing for the SSC CGL 2022 Tier-1 exam should check the preparation tips for the General Awareness from the below-provided details. The General Awareness subject is very vast. Keep your focus on important topics, and not on the entire syllabus.
How to Prepare General Awareness for SSC CGL 2022 Tier-1?
- This is high scoring and time-saving section. The General Awareness section will include questions on Static General Knowledge and Science.
- In Science Section, the Questions are asked from Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Section.
- Aspirants can check out NCERT test books for referring science topics. Static GK mainly pertains to Arts and Culture, Indian History, Geography (India-World), Environment, Science & Technology, Economy, and Polity.
Preparation Tips for SSC CGL Tier 1 2022 Reasoning
This section has 25 questions in the Tier-1 Exam. Reasoning tests your problem-solving and decision-making skills and analytical thinking.
- The General Intelligence section is less time consuming and can be attempted quickly & with full accuracy. Frequently asked topics in this section are Analogy, Word Arrangement, Odd Man Out, Alphanumeric Series, Venn Diagrams, Coding-Decoding, Miscellaneous.
- As per trend followed in previous papers of General Intelligence & Reasoning one can easily figure out the commonly asked questions of this section, and emphasize more on their preparation to score better.
Preparation Tips for SSC CGL 2022 English for Tier-I
The English language is the easiest among all the sections. This section carries 25 Marks in Tier-1 and 200 Marks in Tier 2 exams:
- Aspirants need to read the newspaper daily in the English language. It will help you to be aware of the daily current affairs news & simultaneously your vocabulary & reading speed will also improve.
- The SSC CGl English Section checks your understanding of vocabulary, grammar and reading comprehension.
- In grammar, the questions will be asked from Error Spotting, Phrase Replacement, Active Passive Voice, Direct Indirect Speech topics.
- Use English to English dictionary while reading. For handling the vocabulary & comprehension parts you have to build up the reading skills.
- Daily solve previous year’s paper or a model test paper. Aspirants can check out the Expected & Previous Years SSC CGL Cut Off to set the goals that they need to cross for cracking the CGL Exam.
Preparation Tips for SSC CGL 2022 Quantitative Aptitude for Tier-1
The Quantitative Aptitude section is the toughest as observed in the SSC CGL previous years’ papers.
- Topics being asked in SSC CGL exam are up to the 10th grade. This is the most important having highest weightage. Preparing SSC CGL Maths needs a lot of concentration as well as more time. The most important topics that you need to focus on more are listed here.
- Aspirants need to focus on fast calculation and short methods of the Arithmetic section and this subject requires special attention to Algebra, Geometry, Coordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, and Mensuration.
- Number System- You can start your preparation from the number system since it is the most basic concept.
- Profit and Loss- To master this topic, solving sums with big values will be of great help.
- Interest- Similar to Profit and Loss, you can prepare for this section by practicing sums with big values.
- Topics like circles, slopes are covered under Geometry. Brushing up on your basic knowledge of angles, congruence, coordinate geometry will be helpful for that.
- This section evaluates your numerical ability and problem-solving skills. Regular practice is mandatory.
SSC CGL Preparation Tips for Tier-II Exam 2022
The applicants who qualify for the first stage of the SSC CGL 2022 exam will have to appear for the Tier-2 exam. Here, the candidates can check the preparation tips for the second stage of the paper.
SSC CGL 2022 Preparation Tips for English and Comprehension Paper – Tier 2
- The Tier-2 exam will have 200 questions and carrying 1 mark each. The duration of the test will be 2 hours.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer, so attempt the questions accordingly.
- The pape pattern will be same as Tier-1 but the level of questions will be higher.
- Read newspapers with proper attention and also practice the grammar because nearly 4–50% of the questions will be based on the grammar.
- Refer to the previous year question paper’s also.
SSC CGL 2022 Preparation Tips for Statistics Paper – Tier 2
- SSC CGL Tier-2 Statistics Paper will have 100 questions. Each question carries 1 mark and the duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- 1/2 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- We advise the candidates to solve the Statistics Practice Book as much as they can. It is based on the revised exam pattern.
- Focus on the scoring topics such as time series, skewness and kurtosis, probability, correlation and regression, etc.
SSC CGL 2022 Preparation Tips for General Studies Paper – Tier 2
- The paper duration will be 120 minutes. There will be 100 questions of 2 marks each.
- 1/2 marks will be deducted for each wrong options.
- This paper does not involve any tricks, formulae or theorems. The candidates can easily learn and score well.
- Start preparing with the basic definitions and concepts.
- If you have the knowledge or basic idea of the Class 11-12th economics like foreign exchange demand supply, national and international financial issues, economic development, etc then you can score more.
- Some of the topics have higher weightage than any other such as Indian Tax Structure, Ecoomic Terms, Five Year Plans, Money and Banking, Economic Reforms in India.
SSC CGL Preparation Tips for Tier-III (Descriptive) Exam 2022
- This paper will test the writing skills of the applicants.
- To score more in this section, the best way for the preparation is to write better.
- Provide proper structure to the answer and make sure you provide the good content in essay or letter writing.
- Make habbit to read the news paper everyday to comprehend the better way of writing and also be aware of the latest events happening.
- Refer to the editorial sections of the newspapers like The Hindu, The Hindustan Times, The Telegraph.
SSC CGL Preparation Tips for Tier-IV Exam 2022
- The candidates who have passed all the three levels will be eligible for the level-4.
- The SSC CGL Tier-4 exam consist of two types of the tests i.e. Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) and Computer Proficiency Test (CPT).
- The applicants need to appear for any one of them.
- CPT includes the 3 modules such as Spread Sheet, Word Processing and Generation of Slides, while DEST includes the typing test wherein the canddiates need to make 2000 key depressions in the 15 minutes of time interval. It is the speed test that can be qualified without any hitch with the proper and regular practice.
SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern
One of the essential tips is to start the SSC CGL preparation plan is to understand the SSC CGL exam pattern carefully. Let us check the SSC CGL Exam Pattern.
SSC CGL Tier 1 – Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
- The total time duration to complete the test is of 60 Minutes (80 minutes for students suffering from disabilities like Visual Handicap and Cerebral Palsy)
- For every correct answer, two marks will be awarded.
- On the other hand for every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
SSC CGL Tier 2 – Exam Pattern
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
- The maximum time duration to complete the test is 120 minutes
- As per the negative marking scheme, 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer only in English Language and Comprehension subject.
- For the other three papers, 0.5 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
SSC CGL Tier 3 & 4 exams are Offline Subjective & Skill Tests respectivley.
SSC CGL Exam 2022 Preparation Tips
1. If you find any particular question difficult, make sure that you don’t waste your time trying to solve it. Instead, you should move to the next question and if time permits come back to this question later.
2. One crucial thing is that you have to clear the sectional cut-off of each section and also the overall cut-off.
3. So, if in the Exam, you find any particular section a bit challenging, attempt the minimum number of questions that are required to clear the sectional cut-off of that section.
4. Sometimes, the questions can be very tricky. We advise you to read them very carefully before answering.
5. In the Exam, avoid using any shortcut that you are not completely sure about.
6. Avoid Guesswork in the Exam.
FAQs on SSC CGL Preparation 2022
The frequently asked questions regarding SSC CGL Preparation are given below:
|Q: How many stages will the candidates have to go through in the SSC CGL 2022 Exam?|
A: The candidates will have to go through the four stages in the SSC CGL Exam and clear the section-wise cut-off and stage-wise cut-off to secure the position.
|Q: How often does the SSC CGL exam occur in a year?|
A: SSC CGL exam is held once every year.
|Q: Is there any negative marking in the SSC CGL 2022 exam?|
A: Yes, there will be a negative marking in the SSC CGL 2022 exam.
|Q: What is the age limit to apply for the SSC CGL 2022 Exam?|
A: The age limit to apply for the SSC CGL 2022 exam varies for multiple posts. The minimum age to apply for the exam is 18 years.
|Q: Could the candidate who has recently qualified for their board exams, apply for the SSC CGL Paper?|
A: No, the candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree to apply for the SSC CGL exam.
|SSC CGL Salary||SSC CGL Syllabus|
|SSC CGL Notification||SSC CGL Books|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||SSC CGL Exam Pattern|
|SSC CGL Previous Year Papers||SSC CGL Answer Key|
We have now provided you with all the details on SSC CGL Preparation. As the exam is just around the corner, candidates must block out all the distractions and focus on the upcoming SSC CGL Tier 2 exam. Apart from learning new concepts and revising them, proper practice and taking mock tests will also help you a lot. Embibe provides free SSC CGL Tier 2 Mock Tests which will help you in your SSC CGL Tier 2 preparation. Taking these tests will help you to analyze your weak points, improving on which will boost your overall performance. So, go ahead with taking these tests and also improve your preparation strategy if needed.
We hope this detailed article on SSC CGL Preparation helps you in your preparation. If you have any queries regarding SSC CGL preparation or the exam in general, drop a comment below and we will get back to you.