SSC CHSL Application Form: The SSC CHSL Application Form is released and aspiring candidates can register themselves at ssc.nic.in. Registrations have started on December 3, 2019, and the last date to submit the SSC CHSL application form 2019 was January 10, 2020.
SSC CHSL exam is conducted for the recruitment of Postal Assistants (PA) / Sorting Assistants (SA), Court Clerks, Lower Division Clerks (LDC), Data Entry Operators (DEO), etc. in various departments, offices, and ministries of Government of India. SSC CHSL Tier 1 exams will be conducted from 16th March to 27th March 2020.
Latest: The SSC CHSL Tier I exams have been postponed due to the COVID-19 situation. The postponed exam dates are yet to be announced. Click Here to read the official notification
SSC CHSL Application Form
Before filling the SSC CHSL Application Form and start your SSC CHSL preparation, you need to go through the SSC CHSL eligibility criteria to ensure if you are qualified for the exam.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
1. Nationality: Candidates must either be:
- (a) A citizen of India, or
- (b) A subject of Nepal, or
- (c) A subject of Bhutan, or
- (d) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- (e) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
2. Age Limit: The minimum age of the candidates should be 18 years and maximum age 27 years (as on August 1, 2019). Candidates of reserved categories have upper age relaxation as follows:
SC / ST – 5 years
OBC – 5 years
PwD – 10 years
Ex-Serviceman – 3 years
3. Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent exam from a recognized board. For the post of DEO in the Office of Comptroller & Auditor General of India (C&AG), candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent exam in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject.
How To Fill SSC CHSL Application Form 2020?
The SSC CHSL Application Form has to be filled and submitted online at ssc.nic.in. Follow the steps provided below to apply for SSC CHSL 2020 exam:
- Step 1: Visit the SSC official website ssc.nic.in.
- Step 2: On the right side of the screen, there’s a “Login” window. Click on “New User? Register Now” to register for the exam.
- Step 3: You will be redirected to a new page, where you need to provide your details like basic details, contact details and photo and signature as prompted.
- Step 4: Check the details and make corrections if necessary.
- Step 5: Click on “Submit” to submit the Registration Form.
- Step 6: Upon submission of the SSC CHSL Application Form, a Registration ID and Password will be generated. Note them down as you will need them in the future, be it for downloading SSC CHSL Admit Card or for checking SSC CHSL Result.
- Step 7: Once all the fields are filled, you will have to make payment of SSC CHSL application fee.
- Step 8: Your SSC CHSL registration will be complete only after successful payment of the application fee. After that, take a printout of your SSC CHSL application form for future references.
SSC CHSL Application Form – Requirements For Photograph And Signature
- Both Photograph and Signature should be in JPEG format.
- The size of the Photograph should be between 4 to 20 kb.
- The size of the Signature should be of 1 to 12 kb.
SSC CHSL Application Form Fee
The SSC CHSL application form fee for different categories are tabulated below:
SSC CHSL Application Fees can be paid using BHIM UPI, Net Banking, by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
SSC CHSL Exam Overview
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission – Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (SSC CHSL Exam) 2020|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of the Posts||LDC, DEO, Postal/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA), Court Clerk.|
|Job Location||Pan India|
|Number of Vacancies||Will be declared soon|
|Mode of the Exam||Tier I – Online|
Tier II – Offline
Tier III – Offline
|Number of Stages||Three|
SSC CHSL Application Form – Important Dates
The important dates of SSC CHSL 2020 exam are tabulated below:
|Application form Start Date||December 3, 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||January 10, 2020|
|Last date for Online Fee Payment||January 12, 2020|
|Last date for Generating Offline Challan||January 12, 2020|
|Last date for Payment through Challan||January 14, 2020|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam (CBT)||Postponed due to Covid-19 Situation (To be Announced Shortly)|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Admit Card||May/June 2020 (Date to be announced)|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Exam (Descriptive)||June 28, 2020|
We hope this article on SSC CHSL Application Form has helped you. If you have any doubts or queries pertaining to SSC CHSL Application Form or the exam in general, drop your comment in the space provided below and we’ll get back to you at the earliest.825 Views