NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 10: Students who are preparing for Class 11 Biology Chapter 10 – Cell Cycle and Cell Division can go through these NCERT solutions. These NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 10 have been prepared by top Biology teachers at Embibe in order to help students secure good marks.
Students can download the NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 10 PDF from this article to study in the offline mode. Detailed solutions for all the exercise questions have been provided here. These solutions will not only help students in their board exam preparations but also help in competitive entrance exams like NEET. Read on to know more about NCERT Solutions for 11th Biology Chapter 10.
CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 10
Before getting into the detailed NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 10, let’s have a look at the list of topics and sub-topics included in – Cell Cycle and Cell Division:
|10.1.1||Phases of Cell Cycle|
|10.3||Significance of Mitosis|
|10.5||Significance of Meiosis|
CBSE Class 11 Biology Chapter 10: Chapter Description
The cell cycle is the process by which a mature cell divides and forms two nearly equal daughter cells that resemble the parental cell. Cell division is central to the life of all cells and is essential for the perpetuation of the species. The cell cycle is divided into two phases called Interphase and Mitosis. Interphase is a period of preparation for cell division. Mitosis is the actual period of cell division.
Students will also get to know that Metaphase is marked by the alignment of chromosomes at the equatorial plate. Cytokinesis is the division of the cytoplasm of a cell after Karyokinesis. During Anaphase, the Centromeres divide and the Chromatids start moving towards the two opposite poles. Once the Chromatids reach the two poles, the Chromosomal Elongation starts. The Nucleolus and the Nuclear Membrane reappear. Cell Cycle and Cell Division is one of the important chapters of Class 11.
How To Prepare For Class 11 Biology Cell Cycle & Cell Division
After completing the theory part, you must solve the exercise questions on your own. If you get stuck somewhere, refer to the NCERT solutions provided here.
Embibe will help you in scoring and achieving your desired target of marks. At Embibe, you can practice Class 10 Biology Chapter 10 questions as well as questions from other chapters for free. You can also take Class 11 Biology Chapter 10 mock test on Embibe. These will help you not only in your Class 11 & Class 12 exams but also in your NEET Preparation.
|NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 9||NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology||NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 11|
CBSE Class 11 Biology Chapter 10 – Important Questions
Some of the important questions from this chapter are as under:
|1 Mark Important Questions From Cell Cycle and Cell Division|
- Name the stage of cell division in which paired homologous chromosomes get shortened and thickened?
- Which structure of the animal cell forms the asters of the spindle?
- Name the cells in which meiosis occurs?
- At which stage of meiosis crossing over of genetic material takes place?
- Name the cell division concerned with cancer?
|2 Mark Important Questions From Cell Cycle and Cell Division|
- What is the importance of chromosomes replication during interphase?
- Distinguish between metaphase of mitosis and metaphase I of meiosis?
- How does duration affect the cell cycle in an organism?
- Write three processes which take place in interphase?
- Differentiate between chromatin and chromate.
|3 Mark Important Questions From Cell Cycle and Cell Division|
- What is the significance of meiosis?
- Differentiate between animal cell mitosis and plant cell mitosis?
- Write six differences between mitosis and meiosis.
- What will be the DNA content of a cell at G3 after S and G2, if the content after Mphaseis2C?
|5 Mark Important Questions From Cell Cycle and Cell Division|
- Explain the various phases of meiosis II division.
- What is mitosis? Give a brief account of mitosis in an animal cell?
We hope this detailed article on NCERT Solutions For Class 11 Biology Chapter 10 helps you. If you have any queries regarding this article, drop them in the comment box below. We will get back to you at the earliest.301 Views