How To Prepare For Govt Jobs: Every year millions of aspirants appear for various government jobs or Sarkari Naukri exams across India. Government jobs are considered to be stable with great opportunities for growth at both personal and professional level. Hence, these jobs are highly sought after.
Every year, various exams are conducted by IBPS, SSC, RRB, UPSC, etc. for recruitment of lakhs of candidates in various government posts. Not every candidate is able to turn their aspirations into reality. The way they prepare for Government job exams, their preparation approach makes them stand out of the crowd.
Keeping that in mind, we are providing with an article that will give you an idea about how to prepare for govt jobs. Read on to find out.
How To Prepare For Govt Jobs?
If you want to crack your dream government job exam and get selected for your desired post, then you should know all the details of the exam, especially, the selection procedure, exam pattern, and syllabus. This is a must to create a proper and smart preparation plan.
How To Prepare For Govt Jobs: Know The Selection Process
Knowing the details of the selection procedure for the government job you want is a must. Candidates must understand the stages involved in the selection procedure and strategize his preparation accordingly. Although the selection procedure is different for different posts, government job exams can have more or less the following stages:
- a. Preliminary Written Exam
- b. Main Written Exam
- c. Personal Interview
- d. Physical / Medical Test
In most of the exams, one has to clear each stage in order to appear for the next stage of the selection procedure. For written exams, candidates should focus on the academics and polish their concepts. For personal interview, an aspirant can work on his presentation skills and practice mock interview sessions and read about cracking personal interview. For jobs which have physical tests as part of the selection procedure, candidates need to work on that area too in order to ace the exam and get selected in the desired profile.
How To Prepare For Govt Jobs: Evaluate The Exam Pattern
Without assessing the exam pattern of the respective government job exams, you can’t reach anywhere. The exam pattern too varies from one exam to another. Candidates must be aware of the different sections (for both Prelims and Mains), the number of questions and marking scheme, etc. of the exam they are appearing for. Most of the government job exams have the following sections:
- a. General/ Financial Awareness
- b. General English (can be both objective and descriptive)
- c. Reasoning Ability
- d. Quantitative Aptitude
- e. Computer Awareness
Some exams have all these sections. In others, a few of them are not there but some other section related to the post may be there.
The number of questions asked from each section can be different for different government sector jobs. Apart from the number of questions, candidates must know about the marking scheme. Some exams have negative marking scheme while others do not.
Also, for some exams, the different sections can be separately timed.
How To Prepare For Govt Jobs: Understand The Syllabus
After having a thorough knowledge of selection procedure and exam pattern, aspirants should know about the syllabus of the exam – the topics included under each section of the exam. The most important topics (from where questions are asked frequently) should also be marked.
How To Prepare For Govt Jobs: Create The Master Plan To Crack Govt Job Exam
Keep the following points in mind while creating your master plan to crack govt job:
- Segregate the topics based on your strengths and weaknesses. Also, mark the most important topics for the exam.
- Allocate fixed time for each section as you need to clear the sectional cut off along with overall cut off. So, you cannot skip any section. Allocate time based on your weaknesses and strengths. Refer to the timetable given below to get an idea.
a. General Awareness – 1 hour
b. General English – 1 hour
c. Reasoning Ability – 2 hours
d. Quantitative Aptitude – 3 hours
e. Computer Awareness – 1 hour
- Understand the concepts – clear the theory behind them.
- After you are done with a particular topic, go through examples and practice sufficient questions.
- Take mock tests on a regular basis to see where you are standing.
- Analyze mock test results and work on your mistakes and weakness.
- Revise on a regular basis, even those concepts which you are confident about.
How To Prepare For Govt Jobs: Tips To Crack Interviews
Imagine a situation, where you get very good marks in written exam but do not perform well in Personal Interview. Nobody would like to be in such a situation. Hence, to avoid this, aspirants should take Personal Interview seriously.
The following tips can help you to prepare for Personal Interview round of Govt Jobs:
- a. Go through the official website of the government organization for which you are appearing for the exam.
- b. Search for news and stay updated with what they are doing as well as their history.
- c. Read the job description for which you applied as there are chances that the interview panel will ask questions related to what the candidate is supposed to do after joining.
- d. Practice mock interview session and read about the past year interview questions.
- e. Last and the most important thing is to prepare a few questions to ask when the panel gives you the opportunity to put across your questions. Make sure that you sound sensible.
So, now you have an idea about how to prepare for govt jobs. Leave no stone unturned to get selected for your dream job. Give your best shot.
We hope this article has answered all your questions related to how to prepare for govt jobs. In case you have any doubt pertaining to this, you can drop down your query in the comment section below and we will get back to you at the earliest.