NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 14: In this article, we have provided the CBSE Class 10 Science NCERT Solutions for Chapter 14 (Sources of Energy) provided by experts at Embibe. This article includes all the questions along with detailed solutions to help students score good marks in the subject. CBSE NCERT Solutions will not only help students in their Class 10 board exam preparation but it will also help in preparing for competitive exams like Olympiads and NTSE.
Having a strong command over the CBSE NCERT Class 10 Science syllabus will also help if you are planning to opt for the Science stream in your Class 11 and 12. Having strong knowledge of NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 14 further helps in preparation for competitive engineering entrance exams like JEE (Main & Advanced) and NEET. So let’s get into the detailed CBSE NCERT solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 14 (Sources of Energy).
CBSE NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 14 Sources Of Energy
Before getting into the detailed NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 14, let’s have an overview of a list of topics and sub-topics covered in the chapter, Sources of Energy:
|14.1||What is a Good Source of Energy?|
|14.2||Conventional Sources of Energy|
|14.2.2||Thermal Power Plant|
|14.2.3||Hydro Power Plants|
|14.2.4||Improvements in Technology for using Conventional Sources|
|14.3||Alternative or Non-Conventional Sources of Energy|
|14.3.2||Energy from the Sea|
|14.5||How Long will an Energy Sources last us?|
CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 14: Sources Of Energy
You can bookmark this page to refer to the NCERT Solutions when required. Or, you can download the Class 10 Science Chapter 14 Solutions PDF from the link given below:
NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 14 – Summary
Chapter Description: This chapter, Sources of Energy, deals with the importance of Energy and its Sources. We will learn about the need for energy, the types of sources of energy, good sources of energy, alternatives to conventional energy sources, and the environmental consequences of exploiting any energy source.
We will learn about conventional sources of energy such as Fossil Fuels (Coal and Petroleum), Biomass, Thermal Power Plant, Hydro Power Plant, Wind Energy, and the recent advancement in technology for using conventional sources of energy. Furthermore, we will learn about non-conventional energy sources such as Solar Energy, Energy from Sea, Geothermal Energy, and Nuclear Energy.
|NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science (Chapter 13)||NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science (Chapter 15)|
Sources Of Energy Important Questions
Some of the important questions from Sources of Energy are given below:
Multiple Choice Questions
- Which one of the following is a characteristic of an ideal source of energy?
- (a) Higher calorific value
- (b) Easy accessibility
- (c) Easy transportability
- (d) All of the above
- What kind of energy sources are fossil fuels?
- (a) Renewable source
- (b) Non-renewable source
- (c) Both (a) and (b)
- (d) Neither (a) nor (b)
- Name the object that will be bio-degraded first.
- (a) Seed
- (b) Wood
- (c) Peel
- (d) Pulp
- Name the problem (s) associated with the burning of coal.
- (a) Emission of carbon dioxide
- (b) Ash with toxic metallic molecules
- (c) Acid rain
- (d) All of the above
- Which organism among the following produces biogas from cow drug?
- (a) Aerobic bacteria
- (b) Protozoa
- (c) Fungi
- (d) Anaerobic bacteria
Short Answer Type Questions
- Why is there a need to harness non-conventional sources of energy? Give two main reasons.
- Write two different ways of harnessing energy from the ocean.
- What steps would you suggest to minimize environmental pollution caused by the burning of fossil fuels?
- What is the role of a plane mirror and a glass sheet in a solar cooker?
- Mention three advantages of a solar cell?
- What is biomass? What can be done to obtain bio-energy using biomass?
- Mention the limitations of obtaining energy from wind?
Long Answer Type Questions
- Which is the process used to harness nuclear energy these days? Explain it briefly.
- How can solar energy be harnessed? Mention any two limitations in using solar energy. How are these limitations overcome?
- Make a list of conventional and non-conventional sources of energy. Give a brief description of harnessing one nonconventional source of energy.
- Why is there a need for harnessing non-conventional sources of energy? How can energy be harnessed from the sea in different ways?
- What are the environmental consequences of using fossil fuels? Suggest the steps to minimize the pollution caused by various sources of energy including non-conventional sources of energy.
- Energy from various sources is considered to have been derived from the sun. Do you agree? Justify your answer.
- What is biomass? Explain the principle and working of a biogas plant using a labeled schematic diagram.
Salient Features Of Embibe’s NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science
Check below-mentioned features of NCERT solutions by Embibe:
- All the answers given in these solutions are explained in detail. The language used in the solutions is simple and can be understood by all the students.
- Students can learn correct methods of writing answers in the exams with the help of Embibe’s NCERT solutions.
- With the help of Embibe’s NCERT solutions for the chapter ‘Sources of Energy’, students can get well versed with all the renewable sources
and non-renewable sources of energy.
- NCERT solutions by Embibe are also very helpful in completing homework and assignments.
- You can use Embibe’s NCERT solutions for revising answers and solved exercises before a test or exam.
- You are not required to pay any subscription or registration fees to download the NCERT solutions by Embibe.
FAQs On 10th Science Chapter 14 – Sources Of Energy
Some of the frequently asked questions are listed below:
A. It is the energy obtained from the earth from the hot spots on earth’s surface like hot springs.
A. The covers of solar cookers are made of transparent glass.
A. Sea-water rises during high tides due to the gravitational pull of the Moon.
A. 1.6 × 10-19 J
A. Infra-red radiation
Practice 10th Science Lessons & Questions With Embibe
We have provided you with all the necessary information regarding CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science Chapter 14 – Sources of Energy. You can start your preparation with this chapter. You can also take Mock Tests on Chapter 14 – Sources of Energy on Embibe’s digital learning platform. Practicing Sources of Energy questions will definitely help you to score good marks in this unit.
On Embibe’s learning platform, students can also solve free CBSE Class 10 Practice Questions and take Class 10 Mock Tests. They can also download the NCERT Class 10 Textbook PDF for all 10th-grade subjects at Embibe. All the solutions, sample questions, books, etc. available at Embibe can be accessed for free.
We hope this detailed article on CBSE Standard 10 Science Chapter 14 Solutions – Sources of Energy is helpful. If you have any queries, drop your questions in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stay tuned on embibe.com for more on CBSE NCERT Solutions For Class 10 Science.992 Views