SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020: Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 1 New Exam Dates. The SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam is now scheduled from August 17 to 21 and August 24 to 27. Prior to this, SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam was conducted successfully from March 17 to 19 and exams scheduled beyond that were postponed due to coronavirus outbreak.
The SSC CHSL exam is conducted for the recruitment of Postal Assistants (PA) / Sorting Assistants (SA), Court Clerks, Lower Division Clerks (LDC), Data Entry Operators (DEO), etc. Every year, a large number of vacancies are announced by SSC for these posts. The level of competition also very high as lakhs of candidates appear for this exam. In this article, we provide you with all the information regarding SSC CHSL 2020. Read on to find out!
June 01, 2020: SSC CHSL revised Tier 1 exam dates are announced. Click here to read the official notice.
SSC CHSL Recruitment Notification 2020
Let’s have an overview of SSC CHSL exam 2020:
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission – Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (SSC CHSL Exam) 2020|
|Conducting Organization||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of Posts||LDC, DEO, Postal/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA), Court Clerk.|
|Location of Posting||All over India|
|Number of Vacancies||Will be declared soon|
|Mode of Exam||Online for Tier I, Offline for Tier II and III|
|Number of Stages||Three|
SSC CHSL Recruitment Important Dates
The important dates of SSC CHSL Recruitment are tabulated below:
|Start date for Online Application form||December 03, 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||January 10, 2020 (Upto 11:59 pm)|
|Last date for Online Fee Payment||January 12, 2020 (Upto 11:59 pm)|
|Last date for Generating Offline Challan||January 14, 2020|
|Last date for Payment through Challan||January 16, 2020 (Bank working hours)|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Admit Card||To Be Announced Soon|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam (CBT)||August 17 to 21 & August 24 to 27 (Announced)|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Admit Card||To Be Announced Soon|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Exam (Descriptive)||To Be Announced|
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020: SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the SSC CHSL eligibility criteria before applying for the exam:
1. Nationality: Candidates must be either:
- (a) a citizen of India, or
- (b) a subject of Nepal, or
- (c) a subject of Bhutan, or
- (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
2. Age Limit: The minimum age of the candidates should be 18 years and maximum age 27 years (as on January 01, 2020). Candidates of reserved categories have upper age relaxation as follows:
- SC / ST – 5 years
- PwD (UR) – 10 years
- OBC – 5 years
- Ex-Serviceman – 3 years
- PwD (OBC) – 13 years
- PwD (SC/ ST) – 15 years
3. Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent exam from a recognized board. For the post of DEO (Data Entry Operator – Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller & Auditor General of India (C&AG), candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent exam in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject.
SSC CHSL Application Form
SSC CHSL application form will be made available online on the official websites of SSC – ssc.nic.in. Candidates will have to fill up the application form and apply for the exam in the online mode only.
How To Apply For SSC CHSL Exam 2020?
Follow the steps as under to apply for SSC CHSL Exam 2020:
- – 1st Step: Go to the official website of SSC ssc.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: There’s a “Login” window on the right side of the screen. You need to click on “New User? Register Now”.
- – 3rd Step: You will be redirected to a new page, where you need to provide your basic details, contact details and photo and signature, etc as prompted.
- – 4th Step: Check the details and make corrections if necessary. Then click on the ‘Save’ button. Follow the consequent steps to complete your online registration.
- – 5th Step: Upon submission of the SSC CHSL Application Form, a Registration ID and Password will be generated.
- – 6th Step: Now, login to your account and fill in the SSC CHSl Application Form and upload the required documents as per the prescribed format.
- – 7th Step: Once all the fields are filled, pay the SSC CHSL application fee either online (Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking) or offline (By generating Challan) mode.
- – 8th Step: Take a few printouts of the completed SSC CHSL application form 2020.
Note them down as you will need the login details (Registration Number & Password) in the future, be it for downloading SSC CHSL Admit Card or for checking SSC CHSL Result. So, preserve it for future reference.
SSC CHSL Application Fee
The SSC CHSL application fees for different categories are tabulated below:
Fees can be paid using Mastercard/ Visa/ Maestro/ Rupay Credit/ Debit card or SBI Challan/SBI Netbanking or BHIM UPI.
Requirements For Photograph And Signature
- Both Photograph and Signature should be in JPEG format with the file size between 20 KB to 50 KB.
- The scanned signature must be in JPEG format with a file size between 10 to 20 KB
- The dimensions for scanned Photograph will be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). Whereas, that for scanned signature it should be 4.0 cm (width) x 3.0 cm (height).
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020: SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
The exam of SSC CHSL is conducted in three stages:
|SSC CHSL Tier-1||Computer-Based Written Exam|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2||Descriptive Test (Offline)|
|SSC CHSL Tier-3||Skill Test / Typing Test|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Computer-Based Written Test
SSC CHSL Tier-I is an online exam that contains objective questions (MCQ). There are four sections in this exam which are as under:
The time duration for the exam is 1 hour. There is a negative marking of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer.
|Sections||Number of Questions / Maximum Marks|
|English Language||25 / 50|
|General Intelligence||25 / 50|
|General Awareness||25 / 50|
|Quantitative Aptitude||25 / 50|
|Total||100 / 200|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Descriptive Test
The Descriptive Test, conducted in English and Hindi, is an offline exam, conducted in pen and paper-based mode. It tests your writing skills.
Please note that the maximum marks of the test are 100. The time duration for the Descriptive Test (Pen & Paper Based exam) is 1 hour and the minimum qualifying marks is 33 percent.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Skill Test / Typing Test
The SSC CHSL Tier III is just qualifying in nature and the marks secured in this stage will not be considered for final merit listing. Skill Test/ Typing Test for the qualified candidates will be conducted on computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020: SSC CHSL Salary
The SSC CHSL Salary – SSC CHSL pay band and grade pay are tabulated below:
|Post||Pay Band/Grade Band|
|Postal Assistant (PA) / Sorting Assistant (SA)||Pay Band – Rs 25,500-81,100 (Level – 4)|
Grade Pay – Rs 2400
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC) / Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||Pay Band –Rs 19,900-63,200 (Level – 2)|
Grade Pay – Rs 1900
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Pay Band – Rs 25,500-81,100 (Level – 4)|
Grade Pay – Rs 2400
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020: SSC CHSL Admit Card
SSC CHSL Admit Card will be released on the SSC CHSL official website of the respective regions as soon as the officials announce the notice. Candidates will have to log in to their account using their SSC CHSL Registration ID and Password (as generated during online registration) to download their SSC CHSL Call Letter. No hard copies will be sent to the candidates.
The SSC CHSL Hall Ticket will contain all necessary information about the candidate and the exam, including the exam centre, date, and time.
SSC CHSL Recruitment: Region-wise SSC Official Website
There are 9 SSC regions. The states included in each of the regions and the official websites are tabulated below:
|SSC Region||States Included||SSC Official Website|
|NR-Northern Region||NCT of Delhi, Rajasthan & Uttarakhand||Click Here|
|NER-North Eastern Region||Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland & Mizoram||Click Here|
|CR-Central Region||UP & Bihar||Click Here|
|ER-Eastern Region||WB, Jharkhand, Odisha, A&N Island & Sikkim||Click Here|
|MPR-Madhya Pradesh Region||MP & Chhattisgarh||Click Here|
|WR-Western Region||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa||Click Here|
|NWR-North Western Region||J&K, Punjab, Haryana & Himachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|SR-Southern Region||AP, Pondicherry & TN||Click Here|
|KKR-Karnataka Region||Karnataka and Kerala||Click Here|
Important FAQs Related To SSC CHSL Exam 2020
Let’s look at some of the essential FAQs asked by students:
A. Yes, SSC has announced new exam dates for SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam.
A. The SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam will be held from August 17 to 21 and August 24 to 27.
A. Yes, SSC CHSL exam is conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
A. To crack SSC CHSL, one has to follow certain strategies. You can read SSC CHSL Preparation which will tell you how to crack all the levels of SSC CHSL.
A. Yes, 0.25 marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
Now that you know everything about SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020, we advise you to bookmark this article as we help to keep you updated. You can start your preparation for the exam and take your learning journey to the next level with Embibe. Do you know Embibe has Free SSC CHSL Mock Tests through which you can practice the SSC previous question papers? Finish the whole SSC CHSL Syllabus as early as possible and start taking our SSC CHSL mock tests.
We hope this detailed article on SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020 helps you. If you have any query regarding SSC CHSL Recruitment, feel free to ping us. We will definitely help you out.448 Views