SSC CHSL 2020: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) 2020 recruitment notification on the official website. The SSC CHSL 2020 notification is scheduled to release on November 06, 2020. Thousands of vacancies are released every year and a similar trend can also be expected this year.
The SSC CHSL exam is conducted for the recruitment of Postal Assistants (PA)/Sorting Assistants (SA), Court Clerks, Lower Division Clerks (LDC), Data Entry Operators (DEO), Junior Secretariat Assistant, and Junior Passport Assistants. Every year, a large number of vacancies are announced by SSC for these posts. The level of competition is also very high as lakhs of candidates appear for this exam. In this article, we provide you with all the information regarding SSC CHSL 2020. Read on to find out!
Latest Updates on SSC CHSL 2019-20:
SSC CHSL Tier 1 revised exam dates are announced. Click here to read the official notice.
SSC CHSL 2020 Recruitment
Let’s have an overview of SSC CHSL 2020:
|Exam Name||Staff Selection Commission – Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (SSC CHSL Exam) 2020|
|Conducting Organization||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Name of Posts||LDC, JSA. JPA, DEO, Postal/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA), Court Clerk.|
|Location of Posting||All Over India|
|Number of Vacancies||To be announced|
|Mode of Exam||Online for Tier I, Offline for Tier II and III|
|Number of Stages||Three|
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020: Important Dates
The important dates of SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020 are as below:
|Release of SSC CHSL Notification||November 01, 2020|
|Start of SSC CHSL Online Application||November 06, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply Online||December 15, 2020 (Up to 11:59 pm)|
|Last Date For Fee Payment||To be notified|
|SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam||April 12, 2021, to April 27, 2021|
|Release of SSC CHSL Tier-1 Admit Card||To be announced|
|Release of SSC CHSL Tier-2 Admit Card||To be announced|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Exam (Descriptive)||To be announced|
SSC CHSL 2020: SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the SSC CHSL eligibility criteria:
1. Nationality: Candidates must be either:
- (a) a citizen of India, or
- (b) a subject of Nepal, or
- (c) a subject of Bhutan, or
- (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
2. Age Limit: The minimum age of the candidates should be 18 years and maximum age 27 years (as on January 01, 2020). Candidates of reserved categories have upper age relaxation as follows:
- SC / ST – 5 years
- PwD (UR) – 10 years
- OBC – 5 years
- Ex-Serviceman – 3 years
- PwD (OBC) – 13 years
- PwD (SC/ ST) – 15 years
3. Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent exam from a recognized board. For the post of DEO (Data Entry Operator – Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller & Auditor General of India (C&AG), candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent exam in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject.
SSC CHSL 2020: SSC CHSL Application Form
SSC CHSL application form will be made available online on the official websites of SSC – ssc.nic.in. Filling up the online SSC CHSL application form is mandatory to appear for the exam.
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020: How To Apply For SSC CHSL 2020?
The steps to apply for SSC CHSL 2020 are as under:
- – 1st Step: Go to the official website of SSC – ssc.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: There’s a “Login” window on the right side of the screen. You need to click on “New User? Register Now”.
- – 3rd Step: You will be redirected to a new page, where you need to provide your basic details, contact details, and photo, and signature, etc as prompted.
- – 4th Step: Check the details and make corrections if necessary. Then click on the ‘Save’ button. Follow the consequent steps to complete your online registration.
- – 5th Step: Upon submission, a Registration ID and Password will be generated.
- – 6th Step: Now, login to your account and fill in the SSC CHSl Application Form and upload the required documents as per the prescribed format.
- – 7th Step: Once all the fields are filled, pay the SSC CHSL application fee either online (Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking) or offline (by generating Challan) mode.
- – 8th Step: Take a few printouts of the completed SSC CHSL application form 2020.
Note down the Registration Number & Password as you will need the login details in the future, be it for downloading SSC CHSL Admit Card or for checking SSC CHSL Result. So, preserve it for future reference.
SSC CHSL Notification 2020: SSC CHSL Application Fee
The SSC CHSL application fee for different categories are as below:
Fees can be paid using Mastercard/ Visa/ Maestro/ Rupay Credit/ Debit card or SBI Challan/SBI Netbanking or BHIM UPI.
SSC CHSL 2020: Requirements For Photograph & Signature
- Both Photograph and Signature should be in JPEG format.
- The file size of the scanned photograph should be between 20 KB to 50 KB.
- The scanned signature must be in JPEG format with a file size between 10 to 20 KB
- The dimensions for scanned Photograph will be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). Whereas, for scanned signature, it should be 4.0 cm (width) x 3.0 cm (height).
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020: SSC CHSL Selection Process
The exam of SSC CHSL is conducted in three stages:
|SSC CHSL Tier-1||Computer-Based Written Exam|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2||Descriptive Test (Offline)|
|SSC CHSL Tier-3||Skill Test /Typing Test|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Computer-Based Written Test (Tier 1)
SSC CHSL Tier-I is an online exam that contains objective questions (MCQ). There are four sections in this exam which are as under:
|Sections||Number of Questions/Maximum Marks|
The time duration for the exam is 1 hour. There is a negative marking of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Descriptive Test
The Descriptive Test, conducted in English and Hindi, is an offline exam, conducted in pen and paper-based mode. It tests your writing skills.
Please note that the maximum marks of the test is 100. The time duration for the Descriptive Test (Pen & Paper Based exam) is 1 hour and the minimum qualifying marks is 33 percent.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern For Skill Test/Typing Test
The SSC CHSL Tier III is just qualifying in nature and the marks secured in this stage will not be considered for final merit listing. Skill Test/Typing Test for the qualified candidates will be conducted on computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
SSC CHSL 2020: SSC CHSL Salary
The SSC CHSL Salary – SSC CHSL pay band and grade pay are tabulated below:
|Post||Pay Band/Grade Band|
|Postal Assistant (PA) / Sorting Assistant (SA)||Pay Band – Rs 25,500-81,100 (Level – 4)|
Grade Pay – Rs 2400
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC) / Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||Pay Band –Rs 19,900-63,200 (Level – 2)|
Grade Pay – Rs 1900
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Pay Band – Rs 25,500-81,100 (Level – 4)|
Grade Pay – Rs 2400
SSC CHSL Application Status 2020
SSC releases the CHSL Application Status on the regional SSC websites. All the candidates who have applied for the posts can check the application status. Candidates will have to enter their ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Password’ or ‘Date of Birth’ to check whether or not their application has been accepted by SSSC. After the release of Application status, the SSC CHSL Admit Card is released on the official website.
SSC CHSL 2020: SSC CHSL Admit Card
SSC CHSL Admit Card will be released on the SSC official website of the respective regions. Candidates will have to log in to their account using their SSC CHSL Registration ID and Password (as generated during online registration) to download their SSC CHSL Call Letter. No hard copies will be sent to the candidates.
The SSC CHSL Hall Ticket will contain all necessary information about the candidate and the exam, including the exam center, date, and time. Check the steps to download your SSC CHSl Hall Ticket:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website – ssc.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the ‘Admit Card’ link. A new page will open with the list of SSC regional website links.
- – 3rd Step: Click on the appropriate SSC Region-Wise links. You will be redirected to a new page.
- – 4th Step: Click on the SSC CHSL Admit Card link.
- – 5th Step: Enter ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Password’ or ‘Date of Birth’.
- – 6th Step: Click on the ‘Submit’ button. The admit card will be displayed. Check the details and download it for future reference.
SSC CHSL 2020: SSC CHSL Cutoff
The SSC CHSL cutoff is the minimum score that candidates will have to score in order to qualify for the next stage of SSC CHSL recruitment. SSC CHSL cutoff is released separately for each selection stage. As the SSC CHSL 2020-21 cutoff score is yet to be released, check the SSC CGL 2018 cutoff marks from below:
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
SSC CHSL 2020: Region-wise SSC Official Website
There are 9 SSC regions. The states included in each of the regions and the official websites are as below:
|SSC Region||States Included||SSC Official Website|
|NR-Northern Region||NCT of Delhi, Rajasthan & Uttarakhand||Click Here|
|NER-North Eastern Region||Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Nagaland & Mizoram||Click Here|
|CR-Central Region||UP & Bihar||Click Here|
|ER-Eastern Region||WB, Jharkhand, Odisha, A&N Island & Sikkim||Click Here|
|MPR-Madhya Pradesh Region||MP & Chhattisgarh||Click Here|
|WR-Western Region||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa||Click Here|
|NWR-North Western Region||J&K, Punjab, Haryana & Himachal Pradesh||Click Here|
|SR-Southern Region||AP, Pondicherry & TN||Click Here|
|KKR-Karnataka Region||Karnataka and Kerala||Click Here|
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020: SSC CHSL Result
The SSC CHSL result is released separately for each stage of the exam. Candidates will have to click on the result link to check the result. The result is expected to release as a merit list which consists of the Name and Roll Number of the selected candidates.
Important FAQs Related To SSC CHSL Exam 2020
Let’s look at some of the FAQs:
A. Yes, SSC has announced new exam dates for SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam.
A. SSC CHSL exam will be conducted from October 12 to 16, 19 to 21 and 26, 2020.
A. Yes, SSC CHSL exam is conducted in online mode (computer-based test).
A. To crack SSC CHSL, one has to follow certain strategies. You can read SSC CHSL Preparation which will tell you how to crack all the levels of SSC CHSL.
A. Yes, 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Now you know everything about SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020. We advise you to bookmark this article.
Start your preparation for the exam and take your learning journey to the next level with Embibe. Do you know Embibe has free SSC CHSL Mock Tests? Finish the whole SSC CHSL Syllabus as early as possible and start taking our SSC CHSL mock tests.
We hope this detailed article on SSC CHSL 2020 helps you. If you have any queries regarding SSC CHSL Recruitment, feel free to ping us. We will definitely help you out.600 Views