Medical Entrance Exams 2019 – List Of Entrance Exams For Medical Admissions In IndiaMarch 19, 2019
39 Insightful Publications
Board of High School and Intermediate Education, Uttar Pradesh (BHSIEUP), administers the UP Board Class 9 Exam at the school level through internal annual exams. Students who pass the UP board Class 9 exam 2023 will be promoted to Class 10. The Class 9 exams are annually held in the month of February/March, every year, in every school affiliated with the Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad (UPMSP).
The Uttar Pradesh Government has released the UP Board Academic Calendar for session 2022-23. According to the new exam pattern, the final exams for Class 9 will be held in March. The board will be conducting the exams as per the new National Education Policy (2020). Read this article to know about the UP Board Class 9 exam, including the syllabus, timeline, study plan, and FAQs.
The UP Board has announced a new exam pattern for Class 9, where the question paper shall be divided into parts. According to the Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad continuous assessment scheme, the students of Class 9 must attend the 2 descriptive exams and 3 MCQ exams.
The state government also announced that the first three monthly tests based on MCQ will be conducted in the last week of July and November 2022, the first week of February 2023. While the descriptive tests will be held in the last week of August and November 2022. The division of descriptive and MCQ exams is done to ensure students can prepare for the exams.
The half-yearly exams will be conducted in September and October for practical and theory exams, respectively. The date of the exams is to be decided by the respective schools. For a better understanding of the students, we have provided the details of UP Board Class 9 exams in the table below:
|Exam Board Name||UP Board Class 9 Exam|
|Abbreviated As||BHSIE UP Class 9th|
|Board Establishment Year||1921|
|Headquarter||Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh|
|Location||Sector 32, Tas Khand Marg, Civil Lines, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh 211001|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Total Marks of Exam||100|
There has been a slight change in the exam pattern. As per the new NEP, the board will conduct exams in two formats- MCQ and descriptive. While 30% will be reserved for practical exams, students will need to appear in the theory exams for 70%.
Out of the 70 marks, students will need to appear for the 20 marks in the MCQ format. For the rest 50 marks, students will need to appear in the descriptive exams. For the MCQ, students will need to answer in the OMR sheet.
Students appearing for the Class 9 exam can check the syllabus for different subjects. Since next year students will be appearing for board exams, it is crucial that they appear for the Class 9 exams properly.
Furthermore, students who wish to appear in competitive exams can significantly clear their basics when they appear for the Class 9 exam. Therefore, being familiar with the syllabus is the key way to prepare for exams and score more marks.
Since Class 9 syllabus is extremely important, we have provided them in the sections below. Students appearing for the UP Board Class 9 exams can refer to it and start their preparation accordingly.
Mathematics is a logical topic that should be approached with good practice and exercises. Therefore, it is extremely crucial that the students refer to all the chapters/topics and practice for the Class 9 Maths exams accordingly.
Students can refer to the chapters given below for the UP Board Class 9 Maths syllabus:
|Chapter No.||Chapter Name|
|4||Linear Equations in Two Variables|
|5||Introduction To Euclid’s Geometry|
|6||Lines and Angles|
|9||Area of Parallelograms and Triangles|
|13||Surface Areas and Volumes|
Since Science is one of the most crucial subjects for students in Class 9, they must ensure that they practice all chapters or units thoroughly. In the table below, we have provided the UP Board Class 9 Science Syllabus 2023 which can be extremely beneficial for the students.
|Chapter No.||Chapter Name|
|1||Matter In Our Surroundings|
|2||Is Matter Around Us Pure?|
|3||Atoms and Molecules|
|4||Structure of Atoms|
|5||The Fundamental Unit of Life|
|7||Diversity in Living Organisms|
|9||Force and Laws of Motion|
|11||Work and Energy|
|13||Why Do We Fall Ill?|
|15||Improvement in Food Resources|
The UP Board will be conducting exams for Class 9 between February 16 to February 28, 2023 (tentatively). Students can keep a check on this space for the official announcement of the UP Board Class 9 exams. The examinations will be conducted as per the new National Education Policy.
A thorough and well-planned study strategy is essential for passing and getting excellent grades in Class 9 final exams. Below we have listed a few tips and tricks that could help you prepare for the exams.
Following the UP Board Class 9 preparation tips can prove to be extremely beneficial for the students. While the students follow a detailed study plan, they should also be familiar with the basic preparation tips that can allow them to score more marks.
Given below are the essential UP Board Class 9 tips that the students must be familiar with:
Students in Class 9 need to ensure that they prepare for the exam carefully. Therefore, they may go through the UP Board Class 9 detailed study plan that can be extremely beneficial for the students. Having a detailed study plan ensures that they are going through all the units carefully and eventually scoring higher marks in the exams.
Explore More About UP Board Class 9
Q1. What topics are taught in UP Board Class 9 English?
Ans. Reading Skills, Writing Skills with Grammar, Literature Textbook, and Supplementary Reading Text are all taught in UP Board Class 9 English.
Q2. How can I get a good grade in Up Board Class 9?
Ans. You can achieve good results if you properly follow the UP Board Class 9 syllabus and study resources. You must get off to a good start and study what was presented in class every day. After you have finished each chapter, go over the topics again by answering the questions at the conclusion.
Q3. What are the most important Science topics in UP board Class 9?
Ans. Students must follow all the chapters on the Science Class 9 UP board syllabus to score higher marks in the examination.
Q4. Where can I get a copy of the UP Board Class 9 syllabus?
Ans. You can find the syllabus for UP board Class 9 on Embibe.
Q5. Where can I practice UP Board Class 9 exam questions for free?
Ans. Students can practice the UP Board Class 9 exam questions for free from Embibe.
Some of the most prominent UP-board affiliated schools are as follows:
Besides the UP Board Class 9 exam, there are a number of school-level tests of national and international competitive nature held each year. These tests boost students’ confidence and enthusiasm in courses.
Some of the competitive exams for which grade 9 students can appear are:
1. National Talent Search Examination or NTSE: It is one of the most prominent competitive tests for school pupils at a national level. The true goal of NTSE is to identify individuals with extraordinary intellectual capacity and academic talent. Students who pass this two-tier test are awarded a full-year financial scholarship.
2. National Level Science Talent Search Exam or NLSTSE: From grades II through XII, this diagnostic test identifies gifted kids. What makes these tests stand out? They offer intriguing questions that need critical thinking rather than rote memorisation, as with traditional methods. NSTSE gives a thorough skill-by-skill assessment, emphasising students’ strengths and deficiencies.
3. Indian National Olympiad (INO): Olympiads are a five-stage process funded financially by the Indian government. The NSE (National Standard Examination), which is held for each topic and is fully controlled and managed by the Indian Association of Physics Teachers, is the first stage of the Indian National Olympiad (IAPT). HBCSE, on the other hand, is in charge of the next four stages.
The five stages are:
4. Science Olympiad Foundation: This non-profit organisation, founded by prominent academicians, scientists, and media figures, holds a competitive test for students in grades 1 through 12. Separate tests are held by the foundation for topics such as Computer Science(National Cyber Olympiad), Math (International Maths Olympiad), Science (National Science Olympiad), and English (National English Olympiad) (International English Olympiad).
5. GeoGenius: Isn’t it strange that many students have trouble locating India on a globe map? As a result, GeoGenius has set out on a quest to pique students’ interest in Geography and raise public knowledge on the subject. These exams are open to students in classes II through XII. However, participation in the Geography Olympiad does not entitle you to compete in the International Geography Olympiad, held independently.
6. Kishore Vigyan Protsahan Yojana or KVPY: The Department of Science and Technology conducts a national level competitive test in Basic Sciences for students in Class 11 and 12. The chosen candidates would be eligible for admission to the Indian Institute for Science Education and Research’s five-year integrated MS programme. The program’s goal is to find pupils who have a natural flair for research.
7. Silverzone Olympiads: The Silverzone Foundation is a non-profit organisation dedicated to raising academic awareness among school children in India and worldwide. It is held in many disciplines for students in Classes 1 to 12 and guarantees that they achieve not only on professional or career levels but also on social levels. These tests also promote creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
8. National Interactive Maths Olympiad or NIMO: This national-level test is for students in Classes 5 to 12, intending to remove the fear of arithmetic from students’ minds. It assesses their mental and mathematical abilities. By adding interactive events such as interactive Olympiads, workshops, and seminars, NIMO makes Maths more enjoyable.
9. National Biotechnology Olympiad or NBO: This test consists of 50 questions for 50 points and is open to grades 1 through 12from all disciplines. Schools have praised it for its Biotechnology Activity Books & Work Books, in addition to its yearly e-newspapers. It aims to motivate the younger generation to learn more about biotechnology concerns and raise awareness among them.
10. Asset (Assessment of Scholastic Skills Through Educational Testing): It’s a skill-based assessment exam that’s been scientifically created to break free from the notion of rote learning. It is intended for students in grades 3 through 10, and it assesses how well pupils have grasped the underlying school curriculum. These tests are based on the curriculum of the CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE, and major state boards.
Unleash Your True Potential With Personalised Learning on EMBIBECreate Free Account