Goa CET 2021 – GCET or Goa CET exam dates for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics have been declared by DTE on its official website. The physics and Chemistry exam will be held on July 29, 2021, while the Mathematics exam will take place on July 30, 2021. The online GCET 2021 application form was available in the online mode from June 21 to 30. GCET will be conducted as a pen, and paper-based test and the candidates will have to answer the objective questions to qualify for the allotment process. The result of GCET 2021 will be declared in online mode as a pdf, and the allotment of seats will be done during GCET 2021 counselling based on the candidate’s merit, preference and availability of seats.
GCET or Goa CET exam will be conducted for 2 hours. The timings of the GCET 2021 exam are mentioned below –
- Physics – 10 AM to 12 Noon
- Chemistry – 2 PM to 4 PM
- Mathematics – 10 AM to 12 Noon
GCET Results will be announced by DTE on the official website, and the dates for the same are yet to be notified by the officials. The merit list will be published for all the courses on the basis of Goa CET marks. GCET counselling will be held from the last week of May 2021. All the qualified participants will have to appear in this round. Read this article to get complete details on Goa CET 2021.
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 – Overview
|Name of Exam||Goa Common Entrance Test|
|Commonly Called As||GCET|
|Exam Conducting Body||DTE or Directorate of Technical Education, Goa|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Level of Exam||State Level|
|Application Fee||Rs 2000/-|
|Mode of exam||Offline or Pen and Paper Based|
|Test duration||2 hours for each Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Validity of Scorecard||1 year|
|Number of Seats||1300 (approx)|
|Reservation of Seats||As per the norms set by the Government of Goa|
What is Goa CET (GCET)?
GCET or Goa CET is a state-level entrance exam organized by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) for multiple professional degree courses. Through GCET, admission will be offered to the state government or aided engineering colleges of Goa state. As per the official notification released by DTE on its website, GCET 2021 exam will be held on July 29 & 30, 2021. The authority has already announced the schedule of other events on its portal.
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can check the schedule of Goa CET 2021 events on the official website of DTE. The table given below contains the tentative dates of various related events –
Events Calendar for Goa CET 2021
|Official Notification||June 21, 2021|
|Release of Application Form||June 21, 2021|
|Last date for submission of applications and issue of admit cards||June 30, 2021|
|Deadline to submit the application form at application centre (with late fee of Rs 1500/-)||July 05 to 16, 2021|
|The deadline to submit the application form at DTE||July 23, 2021|
|Goa CET 2021 Exam Date (Physics)||July 29, 2021 (10 am to 12 noon) (Declared)|
|Goa CET 2021 Exam Date (Chemistry)||July 29, 2021(2 pm to 4 pm) (Declared)|
|Goa CET 2021 Exam Date (Mathematics)||July 30, 2021 (10 am to 12 noon)(Declared)|
|Result announcement||To Be Notified|
|Counselling commencement||To Be Notified|
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria prescribed by the DTE for Goa CET (GCET) exam. Those who fail to meet the below given conditions related to age, nationality and educational qualification will not be able to apply for Goa CET (GCET) 2021. These requirements are as under –
- No minimum or maximum age limit is set by the authority for admission in Pharmacy and Engineering courses
- Candidates must be the citizen of India
- Non-Resident Indians, Persons of Indian Origin and Overseas Citizens of India can also apply under the category of NRI
Course wise educational qualification for Goa CET (GCET) 2021 is mentioned below –
- Aspirants must have cleared class 12th or other equivalent examination from a reputed board with minimum aggregate score of 45% for general category and 40% for SC or ST or PH category
- Candidates must have opted for Physics, Mathematics and English as mandatory subjects and any one of the additional subjects from Chemistry/Biology/ Biotechnology /Computer Science.
BHMS and AHS
- Aspirants must have passed class 12th or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as mandatory subjects and minimum score of 50% for general category and 40% marks for SC/ST/PH category
- Candidates must have cleared class 12th or equivalent exam with Mathematics as mandatory subject and minimum aggregate marks of 50% for general category and 45% for SC/ST/OBC category
- Candidates should have cleared class 12thor other equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and English as mandatory subject and Mathematics, Biology, Biotechnology or Computer Science as an additional subject
B. Sc. Nursing
- Candidates must have cleared class 12th or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as mandatory subjects
- Aspirants must have scored minimum aggregate marks of 45% (general category) and 40% (SC/ST/OBC category)
Education Qualification for Kashmiri Migrants
- Aspirants must have cleared class 12th or other equivalent exam with Physics, English and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Biotechnology or Chemistry or Computer Science or Biology as an additional subject
- Candidates should have attained at least 45% marks in the exam
Goa CET (GCET) Registration 2021
Candidates will get access of the application on the official website of DTE, however, the process of application is offline. Candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by DTE to apply for GCET. Those who fail to meet the age or educational requirements cannot proceed with the application process.
Steps to fill Goa CET (GCET) Application Form
Candidates must follow the below-given procedure to complete the offline application process of Goa CET (GCET) 2021 –
- Go to the official web portal of DTE – www.dte.goa.gov.in and download GCET application form from the given link
- Take the print out of the application form and read the details carefully
- Mention the mandatory details like personal information, academic details etc
- Fill complete communication address, including the pin code and contact number. Also mention the area code while giving contact number
- Check the Subject-Codes and encircle them
- Choose the exam centre of your choice and fill name and centre code
- Enclose two passport size photographs at the given space
- The photograph must be recent and not more than 3 months old
- Also provide Demand Draft details like DD number, date of issuance and Bank Name
- Candidates and their parents must provide their signatures at the given space
GCET Application Fee
Goa CET 2021 application fee is Rs 2000/- and the candidates must ponly pay it offline Applicants need to get Demand Draft in favour of “Director of Technical Education” drawn on any Scheduled Bank and payable at Panaji branch. It is necessary to for the candidates to mention their name, address, contact number and other details on the back side of the Demand Draft before sending it to the authority.
GCET Application Form Submission
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 application form must be submitted through offline mode. Candidates need to send the below-given documents along with the application form to the Directorate of Technical Education, Goa —
- Demand Draft of Rs 2000/- as application fee
- Three latest passport size photographs
- Copy of class XII Passing certificate
- Copy of SSCE Passing Certificate
Candidates must send the above-given documents along with the GCET application form to this address –
Directorate of Technical Education,
Porvorim, Goa 403521
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 Admit Card
Goa CET (GCET) Admit Card will be released by the authority and submit the application form of the GCET. The DTE will issue the admit card to the candidates through offline mode. Only those applicants can get a GCET admit card who have successfully applied and submitted the application fee. In case of any incomplete application, the authority will not issue the admit card.
Candidates need to visit the admission office in person to get the admit card. In case of any misplacement, the authority will reissue the hall ticket at the candidates’ request. Note that GCET admit card is the mandatory document and candidates must carry the original document along with one photo identity proof at the examination hall.
Details mentioned on GCET Admit Card
Goa CET admit card includes below-given information –
- Name of the applicant
- Roll Number
- Exam centre name and address
- Date of exam
- Exam timing
- Reporting time
- Exam related instructions
Important Instructions on Admit Card
GCET admit card contains certain important guidelines related to the exam and candidates must follow the same while appearing for the test. These are specified as under –
- Candidates must reach the exam centre 30 minutes before the test timing else they will not be allowed to enter examination hall
- The test takers must be seated inside the hall 15 minutes before the commencement of exam
- No applicant can leave the test hall before the completion of the exam and collection of answer sheets
- The invigilator will check the Photo Id proof and GCET admit card of the test takers
- Candidates must carry the original admit card on the day of the exam
- No electronic items like mobile phones, watch, calculators and other stuff like study material, books, paper sheets etc are allowed inside the examination hall
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 – Exam Centres
Goa CET 2021 exam centres will be allotted by the authority in the state of Goa. Candidates will get the option to provide the test centres of their preferences while filling the application form. Applicants must select the code provided for each centre in the given space. No changes can be made in the exam centre name once the authority issues the admit card. The Admission Committee will allocate the exam centre as per the availability of accommodation. The list of exam centres is mentioned below –
GCET Exam Centres with Codes
|Tiswadi Kujira||Dhempe Higher Secondary School of Arts and Science||10|
|Panaji||Goa College of Pharmacy||11|
|Verna||Fr. Angel Multipurpose Higher Secondary School||12|
|Navelim||Rosary College/ Higher Secondary of Arts and Commerce||13|
|Vasco||Deep Vihar High School||14|
|Mapusa||Purushottam Walawalkar Higher Secondary School||15|
|Ponda I||A.J.D Almeida High School||16|
|Ponda (Farmagudi)||G. V. Ms Smt. N. J Aguiar Higher Secondary School||17|
|Bicholim||Narayan Zantye College of Commerce||18|
|Curchorem||Smt. Chandrabhaga T. Naik Higher Secondary School||19|
|Porvorim||Vidya Prabodhini Higher Secondary School||20|
|Assagao||DM’s PVS Sarojini M. Kushe Higher Secondary School||21|
|Sanquelim||Govt. Higher Secondary School||22|
|Cuncolim||Maria Bambina Higher Secondary School||23|
|Dharbandora||BBSS Vishweshwar Shankar Laad Higher Secondary School||24|
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 – Exam Pattern
DTE has declared the dates of the Goa CET 2021 examination for all the three subjects as mentioned below –
Physics – May 4, 2021 (10 AM to 12 Noon)
Chemistry – May 4, 2021 (2 PM to 4 PM)
Mathematics – May 5, 2021 (10 AM to 12 Noon)
GCET exam pattern includes the details like mode of exam, type and number of questions, test duration, marking scheme etc. Candidates must be aware of the exam layout before appearing for GCET. The table given below explains the pattern of the Goa CET exam –
Goa CET Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Offline or pen and paper-based|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice or Objective type questions|
|Number of Questions||75|
|Test Duration||2 hours for each Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
|Marking Scheme||One mark is given for every right answer|
|No negative marking for wrong answers|
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 Syllabus
Candidates must learn about the complete syllabus before preparing for the Goa CET exam. The topics that are covered under Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are as under –
GCET Syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
|Electrostatics and Current electricity||Solutions||Relations and functions|
|Atoms and nuclei||Chemical kinetics||Algebra|
|Magnetic effects of current and magnetism||General principles and processes of isolation of elements||Calculus|
|Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents||D and F block elements||Vectors and three-dimensional geometry|
|Electromagnetic waves||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes||Linear programming|
|Optics||Aldehydes, Ketones and carboxylic acids||Probability|
|Dual nature of matter and radiation||Biomolecules||–|
|Electronic devices and Communication systems||Solid-state||–|
|Alcohols, phenols and ethers|
|Organic compounds containing nitrogen|
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 Answer Key
Goa CET 2021 answer key will be published by DTE on its website. With the help of the answer key, candidates get a tentative idea of their score in the GCET exam. They can compare their answers with the responses given in the answer key and roughly calculate their score through a marking scheme. As the answer key is published before the GCET result, test takers can get an idea of their score before the final result announcement.
To get access of the GCET Answer Key, applicants must follow the below-given steps –
- Go to the official portal of DTE
- Tap on the link for GCET 2021 answer key
- Search the code, category and paper you want to check
- Download the answer key and compare the answers of the relevant subject
- Take the print out if required
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 Result
GCET Results will be announced in the third week of May 2021. Candidates can check the official website of DTE or the Notice Board at DTE to get the score details. The authority will not release any scorecard for the candidates. They can see the details of their marks by clicking the online link for Goa CET 2021 Result. Note that the authority has not given any clause for the re-verification of marks; hence, the result will be final once released by DTE.
After the GCET result announcement, DTE will publish the merit list based on the overall score of the candidates in the exam. Only those applicants can find their names in the rank list who qualify for the GCET exam. The selection of the applicants depends upon their rank in the merit list.
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 Cut Off
GCET 2021 cut-off is the minimum marks scored by the candidates to qualify for the Goa CET exam. Candidates appearing in the GCET exam can check the expected cutoff score on the official website of DTE. The authority will consider the cut off marks while preparing the merit list for GCET 2021. The factors on which GCET cut off depends include –
- Total number of test takers appeared in the exam
- Total vacancies
- Total number of qualifying candidates
- Difficulty level of exam
- Reservation criteria
Steps to see Goa CET Cut off
Candidates must check the below-given steps to get access of GCET cut off –
- Go to the website of DTE
- Tap on the link GCET 2021 cutoff
- A new page containing ‘Admission’ tab will be displayed
- Tap on the “Admission List” button
- Download the admission list and get the reference
- Take the printout of the admission list for further use
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 Counselling
Goa CET 2021 counselling will take place in the fourth week of May 2021. Candidates who find their names in the merit list should appear for the counselling round personally. GCET counselling will be conducted offline at the admission of the Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim. The schedule and time, and other details will be updated by the authority on its official website. Below mentioned are certain important information regarding GCET counselling 2021 –
- Participants must visit the counselling centre with specified documents and acknowledgement card
- Candidates must fill the counselling form with the details like registration number, name, category, GCET unique ID, mobile number, gender, marks obtained in GCET exam and HSSC details.
- Applicants can choose the seat as per their preference and the authority will allot the same on the basis of merit list
- The authority will verify the documents in original and then allot the seats after admission fee payment
- The provisional admission receipt will be given to the candidates after admission fee payment
- Candidates must report the institute within three days of admission to complete other formalities
- Participants will then get the final acknowledgment of their admission
Documents to be attached with Goa CET Counselling Form
Participants filling GCET counselling form must also carry the below-given documents as these are mandatorily attached with the same –
- Mark sheet or certificate or provisional certificate of H.S.S.C
- Residence Proof
- Date of birth certificate
- Certificate for reserved category
- Documents for relaxing period of residency
- School or College leaving certificate
- Eligibility certificate from Goa University
- Income Certificate for Tuition Fee waiver
- GCET Admit Card
- Acknowledgement Card with photo
Document Verification during GCET Counselling
It is mandatory for the applicants to carry the below-given documents in original and photocopies while appearing for GCET counselling. DTE will first initiate the document verification process and then grant the admission –
- Goa CET Admit Card 2021
- Mark sheet and certificate of class 10th or other equivalent examination score card
- Mark sheet and certificate of class 12th or other equivalent examination score card
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- Category Certificate
- Copy of NEET Admit Card (if applicable)
- GCET 2021 Acknowledgement Card with Photograph
- Date of Birth Proof (mark sheet or certificate of class 10th issued by reputed Board)
- Eligibility certificate from Goa University
- School leaving certificate
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 – List of Participating Colleges
Below listed colleges will participate in GCET 2021 counselling –
- Goa Medical College
- Goa College of Engineering
- Padre Conceicao College of Engineering
- Goa Dental College & Hospital
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engg. & Info Tech.
- Agnel Institute of Technology and Design
- Don Bosco College of Engineering
- Goa College of Pharmacy
- Goa College of Architecture
- P.E. S.Rajaram & Tarabai Bandekar College of Pharmacy
- Shri Kamaxidevi Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital
- Institute of Nursing Education
- Gomantak Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya & Research Centre
- Vrindavan Institute of Nursing Education, Colvale
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 – Reservation Criteria
Candidates will get the reservation in seats based on their category as mentioned below –
Category wise Reservation Criteria
|Category||Reservation (in percentage)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||2%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3%|
|Freedom Fighter (FF)||1%|
|Central & State Personnel||3%|
|Ex-Defence Service Personnel||1%|
|GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goa)||2%|
|NRI||Up to 5%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||On the supernumerary basis for AICTE courses|
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 – Preparation Tips
Candidates must go through the below-mentioned tips while preparing for the GCET exam –
- Make a proper study plan and follow it regularly
- Read the complete syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly
- Solve sample papers to know about the exam layout and difficulty level
- Revise the topics on frequent basis
- Refer to the best books for preparation
- Prepare all the topics from the scratch
- Clear your doubts then and there
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 – Points to Remember
- GCET application form is available online at the website of DTE
- Candidates must fill the application form and submit it offline to admission centre
- GCET admit card is issued to the candidates after application submission
- Candidates must carry GCET admit card with photograph and one valid id proof at the test centre
- Goa CET 2021 exam will be separately conducted for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- GCET cut off will depend upon the factors like number of test takers, total number of available seats, difficulty level of exam, reservation criteria etc
- GCET counselling will be held offline, however application form is available online
- Verification of original documents is mandatory during counselling
- Candidates will be given seats as per their rank in the merit list
Goa CET (GCET) 2021 – Frequently Asked Questions or FAQs
Question – How can I apply for Goa CET 2021 admission?
Answer – Candidates can apply for Goa CET through offline mode. Eligible applicants must download the application form from the website of DTE and take the printout to fill in the details. They must attach certain documents and Demand Draft (application fee) with the application form and send the same to the admission centre of DTE before the last date.
Question – Can I edit the GCET application form after submission?
Answer – Candidates must carefully fill in the details in the GCET application form and review it before submitting it offline. The application, once submitted, cannot be changed.
Question – What is the mode of application fee payment for GCET 2021?
Answer – Candidates should pay the GCET 2021 application fee of Rs 2000/- through offline mode only. They need to get a Demand Draft favouring the “Director of Technical Education” drawn on any Scheduled Bank and payable at Panaji branch.
Question – What are the mandatory subjects in class 12th to apply for GCET admission?
Answer – All the aspirants applying for Goa CET 2021 should have cleared class 12th or equivalent examination from a reputed board with Physics, Mathematics and English as mandatory subjects. They can choose Chemistry or Biology or Biotechnology or Computer Science as an additional subject.
Question – Can I challenge the Goa CET answer key?
Answer – No, candidates cannot raise their objection against the GCET answer key as DTE has not provided the same.
Question – What is the marking scheme for Goa CET 2021?
Answer – As per the Goa CET (GCET) exam marking scheme, candidates will get one mark for every correct response. No negative marking clause is there in this exam.
Question – What is the time duration for the GCET exam?
Answer – The test duration of the GCET exam for each Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry is 2 hours. Candidates will have to complete the paper within the given time only.
Question – What are the details given on Goa CET (GCET) admit card?
Answer – GCET admit card contains personal and exam related details like name of the candidate, gender, application number, date of birth, category, photograph, exam centre name and address, test date and time and certain exam-related guidelines.
Question – What are the restricted items inside the examination hall?
Answer – Candidates must not carry cellsmart watchesrtwatches, calculators, rough sheets, study material etc., inside the examination hall.
Question – What are mandatory details one should fill in the GCET counselling form?
Answer – Candidates need to fill the GCET counselling form with details like registration number, name of the applicant, category, GCET unique ID, mobile number, gender, Marks obtained in the GCET exam and HSSC details.
Stay tuned to embibe.com to get the latest news and updates about Goa CET (GCET).425 Views