WBJEE Counselling 2021: The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination will be conducting the counselling cum admission process after the result of the WBJEE exam. The registration of the WBJEE Counselling is expected to start around the last week of June 2021. Please note that the authorities will conduct three rounds of counselling for a total of 116 participating institutes for 33,000+ engineering seats across different courses. We have listed the direct link to participate in the WBJEE 2021 counselling process below.
WBJEE is a common entrance examination for admissions to B.E/B.Tech courses in various colleges across the State of West Bengal. Candidates who wish to get admission in the state of West Bengal must appear for WBJEE 2021 Counselling round. Continue reading this article to know more about WBJEE Counselling schedule and procedure.
WBJEE Counselling 2021
WBJEE seat allotment results will be released by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) of each round for all the participating institutes. The board will be offering 33,011 seats to eligible candidates in 116 participating institutes. Below is the seat matrix for the current year:
- Govt. Engineering/Pharmacy Colleges – 10
- Private Engineering/Pharmacy Colleges – 86
- Govt Universities/Departments – 11
- Private Universities – 9
WBJEE Counselling Schedule 2021
Let us have a look at the tentative schedule for WBJEE 2021 Counselling:
|Event||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|WBJEE 2021 Exam||May 2021|
|Announcement of WBJEE Result 2021||June 2021|
|1st round of registration, uploading of document and choice filling||Last week of June 2021|
|Uploading of corrected documents by candidates||Last week of June 2021|
|Choice locking by candidates||Last week of June 2021|
|1st round of seat allotment result||1st week of July 2021|
|Seat acceptance (with freeze or upgrade) and payment of provisional admission fees by the candidate||1st week of July 2021|
|In-cycle upgrade||1st week of July 2021|
|Accept upgraded seats (with freeze or further upgrade) and payment of provisional admission fees, if any.||1st week of July 2021|
|2nd round of registration, uploading of document and choice filling||2nd week of July 2021|
|Uploading of corrected documents by candidates||2nd week of July 2021|
|Choice locking by candidates||2nd week of July 2021|
|2nd round of seat allotment result||3rd week of July 2021|
|Seat acceptance (with freeze or upgrade) and payment of provisional admission fees by the candidate||3rd week of July 2021|
|In-cycle upgrade||3rd week of July 2021|
|Accept upgraded seats (with freeze or further upgrade) and payment of provisional admission fees, if any.||3rd week of July 2021|
|3rd round of registration, uploading of document and choice filling||Last week of July 2021|
|Uploading of corrected documents by candidates||Last week of July 2021|
|Choice locking by candidates||Last week of July 2021|
|3rd round of seat allotment result||1st week of August 021|
|Seat acceptance (with freeze or upgrade) and payment of provisional admission fees by the candidate||1st week of August 021|
|In-cycle upgrade||1st week of August 021|
|Accept upgraded seats (with freeze or further upgrade) and payment of provisional admission fees, if any.||1st week of August 021|
Important Points On WBJEE 2021 Counselling
Below are the important points related to WBJEE Counselling:
- WBJEE admissions will be done based on the GMR/ PMR rank.
- Online registration is only allowed once in the first round of counselling.
- No fresh registration will be allowed in the second and third rounds of counselling.
- Seats in the first round will be allocated on the basis of candidates’ rank, preferred choices and seat availability.
- For the remaining rounds, seats will be allocated based on the vacant seats as per the previous round.
- After completion of the counselling and admission procedure, no duplicate Rank card will be generated.
WBJEE 2021 Counselling Procedure
Follow the steps as below to participate in WBJEE Counselling 2021:
Step 1: Online Registration for WBJEE Counselling 2021
- Only Candidates with their names mentioned in the merit list can take part in this registration process.
- Candidates must register themselves on the official website of WBJEE which is authorized by WBJEE Board – wbjeeb.in.
Step 2: Fee Payment for WBJEE Counselling 2021
- Candidates must make the payment for completing the registration process in order to appear for the WBJEE Counselling 2021.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 500 through Net Banking as the counselling fee.
Note: The Counselling fee is not refundable.
Step 3: Choice Filling & Locking of WBJEE Counselling 2021
- In this phase, candidates can select their preferences of colleges and courses, in which they wish to receive admission.
- Candidates must be careful to lock their choices before the deadline specified.
Note: Once the deadline is over, candidates cannot change their choices.
Step 4: WBJEE Counselling 2021 Seat Allotment
- WBJEE Board will allot the seats after the choice filling is done by candidates.`
- From the official website of WBJEE, Candidates can check their seat allotment.
- Candidates are requested to take printouts of seat allotment sheet and report to the allocated institute.
Note: WBJEEB will not send any individual seat allotment results.
Step 5: Document Verification & Fee Payment of WBJEE Counselling 2021
Candidates will have to bring and verify the following documents at the respective reporting centres:
|1||WBJEE 2021 Admit Card|
|2||WBJEE 2021 Rank Card|
|3||WBJEE Seat Allotment Sheet|
|4||10th & 12th Examination Mark Sheet|
|5||Online Counseling Payment Bill|
|6||Category Certificate (if applicable)|
|7||PWD Certificate (if applicable)|
|8||Yes Upgradation or No Upgradation Certificate|
- Candidates are requested to process the seat acceptance fee at the RCs after the document verification.
- List of the reporting centres will be decided by the WBJEE Board.
- The fee to be paid at the reporting centre is as follows:
|Allotted Quota||Provisional Admission Fee|
|State Aided Universities/Government Institutes||Rs. 5000/-|
|Self-Financing Universities/Institutes||Rs. 5000/-|
Step 6: Reporting to the Institute
- After document verification, candidates will receive provisional seat allotment letter from the board.
- Candidates who are willing to take admission in the particular institute are requested to report within the time period provided by the WBJEE Board.
- Students must carry original copies of the documents to the reporting institute.
WBJEE Counselling Round 2 & Round 3
- Candidates who have not been allotted any seat in the WBJEE Counselling Round-1 are eligible to participate in WBJEE Round 2 and Round 3.
- Candidates who have already registered for Round 1 need not register again and there is no fresh registration in Round 2 & Round 3.
- WBJEE Counselling 2021 Seat Allotment process for round 2 & round 3 will remain same.
- Candidates have to get their documents verified and pay the fee in the reporting centres.
Note: There is no up-gradation facility in the 3rd round as it is the final round.
The seat matrix for 2021 is not out yet; however, you can check the seat matrix for the last year by going through the link below.
WBJEE Counselling 2021: Reporting Centres
Once the seat allotment process is conducted, candidates will be asked to report at the WBJEE reporting centres with the relevant documents for the final admission process. All the required documents must be carried at the authorised centres for verification. After all the documents are verified successfully, the candidates will be offered admission into their allotted institute.
Listed below are the WBJEE Reporting Centres 2021 for WBJEE Counselling:
|Reporting Centre Code||Name and Address of the Reporting Centre|
|RC – 1||Asansol Govt. Polytechnic, P.O. South Dhadka, P.S. Asansol North Police Station, Burdwan- 713302|
|RC – 2||Central Calcutta Govt. Polytechnic, 21, Convent Rd, Philips, Sealdah, Raja Bazar, Kolkata, West Bengal -700014|
|RC – 3||Coochbehar Govt. Engineering College, Harinchawra, P.O. Ghughumari, Coochbehar- 736170|
|RC – 4||Darjeeling Govt. Polytechnic, M V Road, Kurseong, Darjeeling, West Bengal – 734203|
|RC – 5||Dr Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, Haldia, Kshudiram Nagar, Haldia, West Bengal- 721631|
|RC – 6||Govt. College of Engineering & Ceramic Technology, 73, A.C. Banerjee Lane, Kolkata -700010|
|RC – 7||Govt. College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Berhampore, 4, Cantonment Road, P.O. & P.S. Berhampore, Murshidabad|
|RC – 8||Govt.College of Engineering & Textile Technology, Serampore, 12, William Carey Road, Serampore, Hooghly- 712 201|
|RC – 9||Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology, Shibpur, P.O. Botanic Garden, Howrah- 711 103|
|RC – 10||Jadavpur University – Main campus, 188, Raja S. C. Mallik Road, Kolkata – 700 032|
|RC – 11||Jadavpur University – Salt Lake Campus, Plot 8, Sector-III, Salt Lake, Kolkata- 700 098|
|RC – 12||Jalpaiguri Govt. Engineering College, P.O. Jalpaiguri Govt. Engg. College, P.S. Kotowali, Jalpaiguri- 735 102|
|RC – 13||K.G. Engineering Institute, Bishnupur, Bishnupur College Rd, Bishnupur, West Bengal -722122|
|RC – 14||Kalyani Govt. Engineering College, P.O. & P.S. Kalyani, Nadia -741 235|
|RC – 15||Malda Govt. Polytechnic, P.O. Maliha, Dist. Malda, Pin 732 102|
|RC – 16||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Univ. of Technology, BF-142, Salt Lake, Sector-I, Kolkata – 700 064|
|RC – 17||Purulia Govt. Engineering College, P.O. Chas Road, Purulia – 723 103|
|RC – 18||Raiganj Govt. Polytechnic, P.O. Raiganj, Dist. Uttar Denajpur, Pin – 733 134|
|RC – 19||Suri SRSV (Govt Polytechnic), Suri, Birbhum|
|RC – 20||Tripura Govt. Women’s Polytechnic, Hapania, P.O. Amtali via Shekerkote, Agartala, Tripura- 799 130|
|RC – 21||University Institute of Technology, Golapbag, Bardhaman – 713104|
|RC – 22||University of North Bengal, Raja Rammohanpur, P.O. North Bengal University, Dist. Darjeeling – 734 013|
|RC – 23||Vidyasagar University, Paschim Midnapore|
WBJEE 2021 Counselling: Seat Distribution For Various Categories
WBJEE Board will be allocating the seats for various categories as follows:
|S.No.||Category||No of Seats Allocated|
|2||General Physically Handicapped||136|
|4||ST Physically Handicapped||8|
|6||OBC A Physically Handicapped||7|
|8||SC Physically Handicapped||32|
|10||OBC B Physically Handicapped||6|
West Bengal WBJEE Counselling Fee Structure
The fee structure for selected candidates is as follows:
|Fifth Year (Only applicable for B.Arch.)||88,000/-|
FAQs Regarding WBJEE Counselling 2021
The Frequently asked questions regarding WBJEE Counselling is listed below:
Ans: The WBJEE Counselling will be conducted for three rounds to get all the seats filled in all the participating institutes.
Ans: Students who wish to secure admission in the state of West Bengal must appear for WBJEE Counselling where the officials will allot the seat based on the merit and preferences of the candidates.
Ans: The contact information of WBJEE Board is:
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake City, Kolkata-700 091.
Phone: (033) 2367 1159/ 1198
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (OR)
You can also click the link ”Contact Us” on the wbjeeb.in homepage.
Ans: No, the WBJEE Counselling fee is not refundable.
Ans: The WBJEE Counselling is expected to start on the final week of June 2021.
Hope the information provided above regarding WBJEE Counselling 2021 proves to be helpful for you. If you have any doubts, kindly drop your queries in the comment box below. We will get back to you at the earliest.
Embibe wishes you good luck for WBJEE 2021!190 Views