NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Biology Chapter 11: If you are looking for NCERT Questions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 – Biotechnology: Principles & Processes, with answers, then you are at the right place. These NCERT solutions provided in this article have been solved by top academicians and experts at Embibe. Therefore, these solutions will be of great help to you in understanding the chapter in a much-organized way. You can refer to these solutions while solving the in-text and exercise questions from this chapter. The solutions will also help in a quick revision of the chapter before any exam. You can also get NEET Biology Questions here.
Also, students who plan to appear for competitive medical entrance exams, like NEET will find the NCERT 12th Class Biology Chapter 11 solutions extremely useful. So, go through the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 given below in the later sections.
NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Biology Chapter 11
The topics that come under CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 Biotechnology: Principles and Processes are tabulated below:
|11.1||Principles of Biotechnology|
|11.2||Tools of Recombinant DNA Technology|
|11.3||Processes of Recombinant DNA Technology|
NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 PDF Download
Check out the CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 Solutions provided below. If you want to study in offline mode, then downloading these NCERT Solutions in PDF would be helpful for you:
CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 – Biotechnology: Principles & Processes
Biotechnology is the branch of science that deals with the techniques of using biological processes or live organisms to generate products and services useful to human beings.
Biotechnology encompasses both traditional and modern biotechnology. Human beings have been making use of the natural capabilities of micro-organisms for thousands of years to produce useful products. With the advancement of Science and Technology, humans have been able to change the genetic material to create products based on their requirements.
This chapter will lend the learners an in-depth study of the principles and processes involved in biotechnology. The diagrams, illustrations, figures, and lucid language make this NCERT Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 comprehensive and easy to absorb.
|NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 10||Class 12 NCERT Solutions For All Chapters Of Biology||NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Biology Chapter 12|
Important Questions Of Class 12 Biology Chapter 11
Some of the important questions for CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 are as under:
|Very Short Answer Type Important Questions|
1. A restriction enzyme digests DNA into fragments. Name the technique used to check the progression of this enzyme and separate DNA fragments.
2. Can exonuclease be used while producing a recombinant DNA molecule?
3. What are competent cells? What does the word “competent” refer to?
4. Name two commonly used vectors in genetic engineering.
5. An extra chromosomal segment of circular DNA of a bacterium is used to carry gene of interest into the host cell. What is the name given to it?
|Short Answer Type Important Questions|
1. What do you understand by gene cloning?
2. Name two main steps which are collectively referred to as a downstream process. Why is this process significant?
3. What would happen if a plasmid without a selectable marker was chosen as a cloning vector?
4. Mention two classes of restriction enzymes. Suggest their respective roles.
5. Write any two properties of restriction endonuclease enzymes?
|Long Anwer Type Important Questions|
1. What is the role of Agrobacterium tumefaciens in plant transformation?
2. Since DNA is a hydrophillicmoelcule, it cannot pass through cell membranes. Name and explain the technique with which the DNA is forced into (ii) a bacterial cell (ii) a plant cell (iii) an animal cell.
3. Mention the important properties which a good vector must possess?
4. What is a polymerase chain reaction? What are the steps involved? Mention its applications.
Frequently Asked Questions For Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 Biotechnology
Q1. How To Prepare For Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 Biotechnology?
A. This extensive article on NCERT solutions of Biotechnology: Principles and Processes will help in better understanding and retention of the topics.
Q2. How can I score better by reading this topic?
Read the theories and understand the concepts. Then try to answer the questions at the end of the chapter. Refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 when you find it difficult to answer a particular question from the chapter.
Q3. From where can I download or solve more practice papers?
A. You can also solve CBSE Class 11 Biology Chapter 11 practice questions and take Biotechnology: Principles and Processes mock test on Embibe to get a clear idea of how well you have understood the chapter.
If you have any queries regarding this article on NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 11, do let us know about it in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.733 Views