NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 PDF: You can find Class 12 NCERT Solutions Biotechnology and its Applications in this article. The solutions provided here have been prepared by the top academic experts at Embibe. These solutions will help you a lot to complete your assignments as well as to quickly revise the chapter before the exam.
The solutions will not only help in your board exam preparation but also while preparing for your medical entrance exams as well. You can download the NCERT solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 Biotechnology and its Applications PDF for free and access them offline anytime you want.
NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 PDF Download
Check out the CBSE NCERT solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 provided below. You can also download these NCERT solutions PDF link below to study in the offline mode.
All the NCERT Solutions provided in this article are solved by the professional academicians at Embibe. Therefore, these solutions are the medium through which students of Class 12 can secure good marks in their examinations. These NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 – Biotechnology and its Applications will surely help in your preparation for clearing various competitive exams, such as NEET, MHT-CET, etc.
|NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Biology Chapter 11||Class 12 NCERT Solutions For All Chapters Of Biology PDF||NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Biology Chapter 13|
Important Questions Of Class 12 Biology Chapter 12
Some of the important questions for CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 are as under:
|Very Short Anwer Type Important Questions|
1. Name the technique based on the principle of antigen-antibody interaction used in detection of a virus (HIV).
2. What is GMO? How does it differ from a hybrid?
3. What is GEAC? What are its main objectives?
4. Name two pest resistant plants produced by using recominant DNA technology.
5. What is Biopiracy?
|Short Anwer Type Important Questions|
1. What do you understand by a recombinant vaccine? Give examples.
2. What are the two methods for correcting ADA deficiency in a child?
3. Explain the principle involved in ELISA.
4. Why is the line of treatment for a genetic disease different from that of an infectious disease?
5. What are the three critical research areas in the field of Biotechnology?
|Long Anwer Type Important Questions|
1. Why transgenic animals are produced? Describe with an example.
2. How can a person suffering from Adenosine Deaminase deficiency be cured?
3. What are Cry proteins? Name an organism that produces it. How have humans exploited this protein to their benefit?
4. Explain five areas where biotechnology has influenced human lives.
|Descriptive Anwer Type Important Questions|
1. What is Gene therapy? Illustrate Adenosine deaminase deficiency using example.
2. Explain five areas where biotechnology has influenced human lives.
Topic-wise Breakdown For Class 12 Biology Chapter 12
The different topics included in Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 Biotechnology and its Applications are tabulated below:
|12.1||Biotechnological Applications in Agriculture|
|12.2||Biotechnological Applications in Medicine|
Chapter Description Of Class 12 Biology Chapter 12
In this chapter, you will study how human beings have used biotechnology to improve the quality of human life, especially in the field of food production (agriculture) and health (medicine). Biotechnology has helped humans by providing them with several useful products through the use of microbes, plant, animals, and their metabolic machinery. You will know about the Green Revolution, RNA Interference, Gene Therapy, etc. In addition, ethical issues related to the field of biotechnology will also be discussed.
Attempt Class 12 Biology Mock Test For Free
So now you have all the detailed NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 – Biotechnology and its Application. This comprehensive write-up will aid in completing your assignments on time. The solutions will also help in better grasping of the topics included in this chapter. Also, you can revise your previous chapter by taking CBSE Class 12 Biology Chapter 11 mock test on Embibe which is available for free.
We hope this detailed article on NCERT Solutions For Class 12 Biology Chapter 12 helps you. If you have any query regarding this article, feel free to drop your queries in the comment box below. We will surely reply to each and every doubt.477 Views