JEE Main Reservation Criteria 2020 – The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release JEE Main 2020 reservation criteria along with the JEE Main 2020 information brochure. There are several reservation policies under JEE Main, such as category-wise reservation, female candidates reservation, reservation quota for the state of residence, NIT reservation, etc.
Candidates who apply for JEE Main 2020 under JEE Main reservation criteria will be furnished with certain advantages in terms of age-limit, qualifying scores, seat allocation, entrance exam score, etc. over non-reserved candidates. It is to be noted that the aspirants who register for the JEE Main exam must submit valid documents as proof of their reservation. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding JEE Main reservation criteria 2020. Read on to find out everything about JEE Main 2020 reservation criteria.
JEE Main Reservation Criteria 2020
JEE Main 2020 category-wise JEE Main reservation criteria are tabulated below:
JEE Main Reservation Percentage
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer – NCL, where the annual income of family < Rs. 8 lakh)||27%|
|Person with Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
Highlights Of JEE Main Reservation Criteria 2020
The main highlights of JEE Main reservation criteria are as under:
- The JEE Main reservation criteria follow the rules of allocation of seats that are decided by the Government of India.
- The state-wise engineering colleges which are accepting JEE Main 2020 score will follow the state-wise JEE Main reservation rules.
- Reservation criteria for admission to NITs, IIITs and GFITs will be applicable for those candidates whose names are present in the central list published by Government of India.
JEE Main Reservation Criteria For Women Applicants
The JEE Main reservation criteria for women candidates are as under:
- Almost all engineering colleges in India reserve a minimum of 5% of seats for women. In order to avail this policy, JEE Main female applicants should apply under Women Quota System.
- JEE Main female applicants who fall under PwD category will get an additional 3% reservation in top engineering colleges in India.
JEE Main Reservation Criteria For State Of Residence
There are two types of reservation policies for the state of residence and they are listed below:
- Home State Quota – This reservation policy of JEE Main is applicable for only those candidates who have cleared their Class 12 or equivalent exam from the particular state.
- Other State Quota – This reservation policy is applicable for JEE Main candidates who are applying from other states and union territories, apart from the home state.
From the following table, candidates can easily understand the number of seats reserved under each quota:
JEE Main Reservation Criteria For NITs
The National Institutes of Technology (NITs) offer admission to 50% seats on Home State Quota basis and for remaining 50% seats on Other State Quota basis.
Note: For States and Union Territories without NIT, the following NITs will be considered as their state quota.
|NIT Puducherry||Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|NIT Goa||Daman and Diu|
|NIT Goa||Dadar and Nagar Haveli|
For NIT Goa and NIT Warangal, the reservation criteria are as under:
- a) Home State Quota – Candidates whose home state is Telangana can apply for admission under this quota.
- b) Other State Quota – Candidates who belong Andhra Pradesh and other states can apply for admission under this quota.
- c) Andhra Pradesh Quota – Candidates whose home state is Andhra Pradesh can apply for admission under this quota.
- a) Home State Quota – 40% of those candidates will be considered whose home quota state is Goa and in case, there are vacant seats, 10% seats will be filled by candidates from Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli and Lakshadweep.
- b) Other State Quota – Candidates who belong to Daman &Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli and Lakshadweep can apply for admission under this quota.
What Is The Method To Claim JEE Main Reservation Criteria?
- a. Candidates can claim for JEE Main reservation criteria at the time of filling up the JEE Main 2020 application form. In JEE Main application form, candidates must enter their category in the personal details tab.
- b. After filling out the application form, candidates must submit valid proof of their reservation such as caste certificate.
- c. If he/she fails to submit the reservation proof, then those candidates will be considered as unreserved.
Documents Required for JEE Main Reservation Criteria
Candidates who apply under JEE Main 2020 reservation criteria must submit the following documents:
- Category certificate issued by the competent authority under the Government of India.
- Disability Certificate should be submitted by the candidates who fall under the PwD category.
Now you are provided with all the necessary information regarding JEE Main reservation criteria 2020. We hope this detailed article helps you. Embibe provides free JEE mock tests which are of the same nature as the actual exams. Not just that, Embibe gives detailed feedback of your tests which lets you identify the important areas that you need to improve on so that you score higher and get into one of the top engineering colleges in India.
If you have any query regarding this article or JEE Main Reservation Criteria, leave your comments in the comment section below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Stay tuned to embibe.com for more updates and news on JEE Main Reservation Criteria 2020