JEE Main Application Form 2021: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released JEE Main 2021 application form for March session on March 2. The JEE Main form 2021 March session is available on the official website- jeemain.nta.nic.in. The last date to apply JEE Mains 2021 March session is March 6, 2021. JEE Main March application form 2021 is available in online mode only. Candidates who want to apply online for JEE Mains March 2021 can go through the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The JEE Main 2021 application form process includes online JEE Main registration, filling the online JEE Main form details, document upload and fee payment.
The JEE Mains application fee for March 2021 session is Rupees 650 (Rupees 325 for Female/ SC/ST/ PWD candidates). Candidates who are willing to appear for the JEE Main 2021 March exam will have to register and fill out their details in order to attempt the exam. NTA has added 3 new test centres. The candidates who have applied earlier for March/April/May Session exam can modify their particulars (City, Session, Category, Subject, etc.) from March 2 to 6, 2021.
JEE Main 2021 exam is being conducted four times from February to May 2021 to ensure that the candidates do not miss out on opportunities. The first attempt (February) of JEE Main 2021 was conducted from February 23 to 26. JEE Main March 2021 will be conducted from March 15 to 18, 2021. In this article, we have provided you with all the details on JEE Mains fees payment, JEE Main registration process, direct link of the JEE Mains form 2021, etc.
Latest Notification regarding JEE Main Application Form 2021
JEE Main Registration 2021 Statistics
A record 21.75 lakh registrations have been made by JEE (Main) 2021 aspirants to take the test over the four cycles.
|JEE Main 2021 Cycles||Number of Candidates Registered|
|JEE Main 2021 February||661761|
|JEE Main 2021 March||504540|
|JEE Main 2021 April||498910|
|JEE Main 2021 May||509972|
Top 4 States in Registration
|Exam||JEE Main 2021 February||JEE Main 2021 March||JEE Main 2021 April||JEE Main 2021 May||Total|
|JEE Main 2021 Feb||JEE Main 2021 March|
|JEE Main 2021 April||JEE Main 2021 May|
JEE Main Application Form 2021
Before we get into the details of JEE Main 2021 registration form, let’s take a quick look at an exam overview.
|Name of the Exam||Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of availability||Online|
|JEE Main Registration Fee||Rs. 650 for Male candidates of Unreserved/OBC category|
Rs. 325 for Female candidates of Unreserved/OBC category
Rs.325 for SC/ST/PwD/Transgender category candidates
|JEE Mains March 2021 Application Form||March 2 to 6, 2021|
|Number of Attempts||Four times a year (every month from February to May 2021)|
JEE Mains 2021 Application Form Dates
Here are the important dates for JEE Mains form 2021 tabulated below:
|Exam Events||JEE Main 2021 (March)|
|Start date of JEE Main Registration||March 2, 2021|
|Last Date for JEE Main Form Fill Up||March 6, 2021 (6:00 PM)|
|Last Date for JEE Main Registration Fee Payment||March 6, 2021 (11:50 PM)|
|Correction Dates for JEE Main form||To be intimated later|
|Release of JEE Main Admit Card||To be intimated later|
|JEE Main 2021 Exam Date||March 15 to 18, 2021|
|Declaration of JEE Main 2021 Result||April 2021 (Tentative)|
|Exam Events||JEE Main 2021 (February)|
|JEE Main Registration Dates Commences||December 16, 2020|
|Last Date To Fill JEE Main Application Form||January 23, 2021|
|Last Date for JEE Main Fee Payment||January 24, 2021 (upto 11:50 pm)|
|JEE Main Correction Dates||January 27 to 30, 2021|
|Release of JEE Main Admit Card||February 11, 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 Exam||February 23 to 26, 2021|
|Declaration of JEE Main Result||March 7, 2021|
|Exam Events||JEE Main 2021 (April)|
|JEE Main Registration Commences||2nd week of March 2021 (Tentative)|
|Last Date To Fill JEE Main Application Form||4th week of March 2021 (Tentative)|
|Last Date for JEE Main Form Fee Payment||4th week of March 2021 (Tentative)|
|Correction Dates for JEE Main||4th week of March 2021 (Tentative)|
|Release of JEE Main 2021 Admit Card||2nd week of April 2021 (Tentative)|
|JEE Main exam||April 27 to 30, 2021|
|JEE Main Result Date||May 2021 (Tentative)|
|Exam Events||JEE Main 2021 (May)|
|JEE Main Registration Commences||May 3, 2021|
|Last Date To Fill application form||May 12, 2021|
|Last Date for JEE Main Form Fee Payment||To be notified soon|
|Correction Dates for JEE Main||To be notified soon|
|Release of JEE Main 2021 Admit Card||To be notified soon|
|JEE Main exam||May 24 to 28, 2021|
|JEE Main Result Date||June 2021 (Tentative)|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2021
It is advised that candidates should check all the requirements related to JEE Main 2021 eligibility criteria before filling out the JEE Mains form. We have mentioned the eligibility criteria for online JEE Main registration 2021 below:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have undertaken Physics and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects in 10+2 along with anyone subject from Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- Year of Appearance in QE: Candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent QE in 2019 or 2020. Those appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent QE in 2021 are also eligible.
- Number of Attempts: Candidates can appear for JEE Main exam for three consecutive years. As the JEE Main exam will be conducted four times this year, candidates can appear for more than one attempt. However, the attempt for a particular academic year will be considered as a single attempt only.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit prescribed for appearing in JEE Main 2021.
- Admission To NITs, IITs, GFITs: 75% marks criteria has been removed by NTA. Earlier, there was a 75% marks criteria that the candidates who wish to secure admission in NITs, IITs, GFTIs must secure in Class 12 or they should be in the top 20 percentile in the Class 12 exam conducted by their respective boards. For SC/ST candidates, they must secure at least 65% in Class 10+2.
Document Requirements for JEE Mains Registration 2021
Candidates must have an active email ID and phone number before JEE Main form fill up. In order to access the JEE Mains Form 2021, candidates have to register first by completing the authentication form. However, before that, candidates must have some important documents ready in their hands in order to successfully fill the JEE Main 2021 Application Form.
Documents Required for JEE Main Registration 2021
The JEE Main Registration Form requirements are tabulated below:
|JEE Main Application Form Requirements For Indian Students||JEE Main Application Form Requirements For Foreign Students|
|Candidate’s Photograph in JPEG Format||Candidates’ Photograph in JPEG Format|
|Candidate’s Signature in JPEG Format||Candidate’s Signature in JPEG Format|
|Aadhaar Number/Passport Number/Ration Card Number/Bank Account Number or any other valid Government ID Number (any one of the proof)||Identity Proof of the Candidate|
|Class 10 Mark Sheet||Citizenship Certificate/Passport of Both the Parents|
|Caste Certificate for SC/ST||Birth Certificate for Age Proof|
|Class 12 Mark sheet||Class XII Mark Sheet/Certificate (must clear 75 % cut-off)|
|Date of Birth Proof Certificate||A valid debit/credit card or Net banking account|
|A valid debit/credit card or Net banking account or UPI or PAYTM Service||–|
Candidates must upload the photograph and signature in JEE Main 2021 Application Form as per the following specifications given below:
|Photograph||JPG / JPEG||10 KB to 200 KB||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
|Signature||JPG / JPEG||4 KB to 30 KB||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
JEE Main Apply Online 2021: Steps to Register for JEE Mains 2021
It’s important that candidates should go through the following steps. These simple steps will help you successfully register for the exam. We have divided the complete JEE Main form 2021 into five steps mentioned below:
- Filling The Application Form (Personal and Academic Details)
- Uploading Documents (Photos and Signature)
- Fee Payment
- Confirmation Page Printout
How To Fill JEE Main Application Form 2021?
In the below-mentioned steps, we have provided every detail which you can refer to successfully fill out the JEE Main 2021 Application Form. Please note that the JEE Main 2021 registrations for the February attempt have been started.
JEE Main Registration 2021
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of JEE Main and on the homepage, click on the button “Apply for JEE (Main) 2021”.
- – 2nd Step: The following page will open.
- – 3rd Step: Now, click on “New Registration”.
- – 4th Step: The page will be directed again to JEE Main Application Form Instructions Page. Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully and check the box against the statement “I have downloaded Information Bulletin, read and understood all the instructions.” and then click on “Click Here To Proceed”.
- – 5th Step: Now JEE Main 2021 Application Form will be displayed on the screen. Enter the following details:
I. Personal Details:
- a. Name
- b. Father’s Name
- c. Mother’s Name
- d. Date of Birth
- e. Gender
- f. Identity Type & Number
II. Contact Details:
- a. Postal Address
- b. Email ID
- c. Mobile Number
III. Password & Security Question With Answer
- – 5th Step: Click on the “Submit” button.
- – 6th Step: Verify the details provided and check the box against the statement – “I agree”.
- – 7th Step: Now, click on “Final Submit”.
- – 8th Step: Your Application Number will be generated and displayed on the screen. Note it down.
- – 9th Step: Click on “Complete Application Form” to proceed to fill the application form.
JEE Main Form Filling
- – 10th Step: Complete the application form by entering the following details:
I. Personal Details:
- a. Nationality
- b. State Code of Eligibility
- c. Category
- d. If or not a PWD Candidate
- e. If or not Diabetic
- f. Place of Residence
- g. Medium of Instructions/Study
- h. Mode of Preparation
II. Paper Applying For, Choice Of Exam Centers & Medium:
- a. Candidates can choose any one or two or all three of Paper-I (BE/BTech), Paper-2A (B.Arch.), and Paper-2B (B.Planning).
- b. Candidates can choose a total of four JEE Mains exam centres from the given lists. NTA has added 3 new centres. Candidates can modify their particulars (City, Session, Category, Subject, etc.) from March 2 to 6, 2021, who have applied earlier for March/April/May Session. .
- c. Candidates have to select any one of the languages.
III. Educational Details Of Class 10 & 12:
- a. Pass Status
- b. Qualifying Exam
- c. Place of Schooling
- d. Type of School/College
- e. School Board
- f. Year of Passing/Appearing
- g. Result Mode (Percentage/CGPA)
- h. Mark Details
- i. Board Roll Number
- j. Name & Address of School/College
- k. PIN Code of School/College
IV. Addition Details
- a. Whether or not you are a twin
V. Parents’ Income Details
- a. Qualification
- b. Occupation
- c. Annual Income
- – 11th Step: Enter the security pin and click on the “Submit” button.
- – 12th Step: Verify the details provided and check the box against the statement – “I agree”.
- – 13th Step: Now, click on “Final Submit”.
- – 14th Step: Click on “Upload Images” to proceed to upload photograph and signature.
Uploading Images (Photograph & Signature)
- – 15th Step: Upload scanned images of Photograph, Signature, and 12th Admit Card/Marksheet/Certificate. Please note that these are essential documents required for JEE Mains registration; therefore, be a little careful while uploading the scanned copies within the specified sizes and formats.
- – 16th Step: Enter the security pin and check the box against the statement – “I have verified Uploaded Images carefully”.
- – 17th Step: Click on the “Upload” button.
- – 18th Step: Once you click on the button, the page will then redirect to the final step of JEE Main application fee payment.
Payment Of JEE Main Registration Fee 2021
- – 19th Step: Click on “Proceed For Payment”.
- – 20th Step: Select the mode (Credit Card, Debit Card, Netbanking, UPI or PayTM) and provide the details.
- – 21st Step: Make the payment of the JEE Main application Fee.
- – 22nd Step: Take a printout of the filled up application form and the confirmation page.
Please note that the candidates will have to pay the JEE Mains fees along with the processing charges per every transaction & GST (applicable at 18%).
JEE Main Fees 2021
You can find the JEE Main 2021 application form fees as under:
B. E/ B. Tech or B. Arch
General/Gen- EWS/OBC (NCL)
Male: Rs 650/- (In India)
Female: Rs 325/- (In India)
Male: Rs 3000/- (Outside India)
Female: Rs 1500/- (Outside India)
Male: Rs 325/- (In India)
Female: Rs 325/- (In India)
Male: Rs 1500/- (Outside India)
Female: Rs 1500/- (Outside India)
B. E/ B. Tech & B. Arch
B. E/ B. Tech & B. Planning
B. E/ B. Tech, B. Arch & B. Planning
B. Arch & B. Planning
Male: Rs 1300/- (In India)
Female: Rs 650/- (In India)
Male: Rs 6000/- (Outside India)
Female: Rs 3000/- (Outside India)
Male: Rs 650/- (In India)
Female: Rs 650/- (In India)
Male: Rs 3000/- (Outside India)
Female: Rs 3000/- (Outside India)
The payment can be made through:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- UPI / PayTM
It is to be noted that candidates cannot pay JEE Main Registration Fee through any other mode like Money Order, DD or Demand Draft, etc., And if candidates pay by the non-acceptable mode then their application form would be rejected. JEE Mains Application Fees will not be refunded or returned under any situation. No request for refund of JEE Main Application fee will be entertained by NTA once the candidate pays the application fee.
Previous Year Analysis Of JEE Main Application Form
The previous year analysis of JEE Main Form are tabulated below:
JEE Main Previous Year Registration Analysis
|JEE Main 2020 (September)||8,41,000|
|JEE Main 2020 (January)||9,21,000|
|JEE Main 2019 (April)||12,37,892|
|JEE Main 2019 (January)||Paper 1: 9,29,198 |
Paper 2: 1,80,052
|JEE Main 2018||11,48,000|
|JEE Main 2017||11,98,989|
|JEE Main 2016||12,07,257|
|JEE Main 2015||13,04,217|
|JEE Main 2014||13,56,000|
|JEE Main 2013||12,82,000|
|JEE Main 2012||12,20,000|
JEE Main Application Form Correction Window
Due to limited time period, there is no correction window for March session exam available after the application closes on March 6 (upto 6:00 pm). Therefore candidates have to be extremely careful while filling the application form.
The officials of NTA allows the candidates to correct the information if they had made some errors in their application form through the JEE Main Correction window. To make corrections, candidates need their application number, password/date of birth. The candidates are charged a certain amount of fees to make corrections in certain fields of the application form for JEE Mains 2021.
So, now let us take a look at the detailed steps required to correct application form for JEE Main 2021:
- a. Visit the official website of JEE Main at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- b. Click on the link for the Correction facility.
- c. You will be redirected to a page where you must fill in your login details such as your application number, password, security pin, and pin. (Only registered candidates will possess all these details).
- d. Click the “Login” button after filling in the required details.
- e. Make the necessary changes to the application form and cross-check them once again.
- f. Post verification of your details, click on the final Submit button.
The corrections will be made to your application form of JEE Main 2021. As for February attempt, the officials have revised the correction dates to be from January 27 to 30, 2021.
Details That Can Be Edited On JEE Main Application Form 2021
Candidates can change the following details on the Application Form of JEE Main 2021:
- Option to change papers or opt for additional papers
- Spelling mistakes in personal details
- Personal details like the Name and Date of birth
- Education details
- The medium of the examination
- Change in Category
JEE Main Application Form 2021: Image Corrections
Those students who have uploaded wrong images can correct their images during the correction period. Below we have mentioned the procedure to make the correction in the uploaded images:
- a. Visit the official website of NTA JEE Main.
- b. Login to the candidate portal from the homepage.
- c. Fill all the required details like Application Number, Password, and security code.
- d. Click on the “Login” button.
- e. Select the images with the correct specification and upload them.
- f. Take a printout of the corrected application for further use.
What after JEE Mains Application Form 2021 March Session
After the application process is over, NTA will release JEE Mains admit card for March session 2021 tentatively 2nd week of March 2021 in online mode. Candidates can download the JEE Mains hall ticket by using their login credentials from the official website- jeemain.nta.nic.in. It is mandatory to carry the print out of your admit card along with a valid photo ID to the test centre. Without it, candidates can’t entry to the examination hall.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) On JEE Main Application Form 2021
Here we have provided the answers to the important frequently asked questions by the candidates related to the application form of JEE Main 2021:
|Q1. How to retrieve JEE Mains Form Password?|
Ans: Candidates can retrieve the JEE Main application form Password by following the steps given below:
1. Candidates who filled out the JEE Main Form must visit the JEE Main Candidate Login window.
2. After visiting the page, candidates must click on the button “Forgot Password?” button.
3. Now the candidates will see three options to retrieve the JEE Main 2021 password and the options are given are listed below:
– Use Security Question and Its Answer Chosen during JEE Main 2021 Registration.
– Using Verification Code sent via text message (SMS) to the candidates registered mobile number
– Using reset link which will be sent via Email ID to the candidates register Email Address.
Candidates can opt for any of the above options and follow the instructions as displayed on the screen to retrieve your JEE Main form password.
|Q2. Can Aadhaar Number also be updated during the JEE Main Correction Window?|
Ans: Yes, candidates will get the opportunity to edit Aadhaar details in the application form.
|Q3. What if a candidate has applied for both the Paper-1 and Paper-2 but does not want to appear for any one of the papers?|
Ans: It is not compulsory to appear for all the papers you applied for. Candidate can appear for any of the papers of his/her choice but the JEE Main registration fee will not be refunded.
|Q4. What are the documents required for JEE Mains application form?|
Ans: The list documents required for JEE Mains registration form are valid photo ID proof, Class 10 Mark sheet or Certificate, Class 12 mark sheet or certificate (only if available), Recent Photograph and scanned document of candidates signature.
|Q5. How can I apply for JEE exam 2021?|
Ans: In order to apply for JEE Main 2021 exam, candidates must fill out the JEE Main Application Form from the official website. We have provided the direct link of application form above.
|Q6. What is the application fee for JEE Main 2021?|
Ans: The JEE Main Application Fee will be Rs. 650/- for boys and Rs. 325/- for girls. However, the fee will vary based on the candidate’s category, gender, and other parameters. For more details, check this article out.
|Q7. What is the last date of JEE Mains Application Form 2021?|
Ans: The last date to apply online for JEE Main (March attempt) is March 6, 2021 (till 6:00 pm). The last date to pay the JEE Main registration fee is January 6, 2021 (till 11:50 pm).
|Q8. Who can apply for JEE Mains?|
Ans: Students who wish to choose their career stream option in the field of Engineering/ Architecture can apply for JEE Mains exam. All the eligible students can visit the official website and start applying for JEE Main Examination.
|Q9. What are the steps to fill out the JEE Mains 2021 Application Form?|
Ans: The steps to fill out the JEE Mains Application Form 2021 includes Registration, filling of Application Form, Uploading Documents, Fee Payment and printing of the filled application form & fee receipt.
|Q10. How to fill the JEE (Main) Application Form 2021?|
Ans: First of candidates who wish to appear for JEE Main exam must know what are the things required to fill JEE Mains Form. After knowing the JEE Main Application Form Requirements, candidates must visit the official website of jeemain.nta.nic.in to fill the JEE (Main) Application Form. The detailed steps are provided in this article to make the process easy.
|Q11. How to register for EWS Reservation under JEE Main 2021 exam?|
Ans: The officials of NTA offers 10% reservation for Economically Weaker Section candidates or EWS candidates. So candidates who wish to reserve themselves under EWS Reservation must follow the steps as listed below to mark them as EWS candidates:
1. Visit the official website of JEE Main to fill the JEE Main Online Form.
2. While filling out the JEE Main Application form, mark yourself as EWS Category.
You will then be applying for JEE Main 2021 exam under EWS Category.
|Q12. While filling out the JEE Main Application Form, should I upload any of the documents for EWS Category?|
Ans: No, candidates don’t need to upload any documents for the proof of EWS Category in JEE Main application. However, it will be required at the time of Counselling as well as applying for JEE Advanced 2021.
|Q13. Can we fill JEE Main Application or Online form twice?|
Ans: No, candidates can fill up the JEE Main Application only once per every attempt.
|Q14. What should I write in the State of Eligibility for JEE Main Application Form?|
Ans: State of Eligibility is the state where the candidate has passed Class 12 exam or equivalent exam.
|Q15. Can I appear for the JEE Mains in 2021 if I already attempted the exam in January 2020 and also appeared in April (September) 2020?|
Ans: Yes, candidates who took their JEE Mains Exam in January & April 2020 are eligible to fill out the JEE Main 2021 Application Form and take the JEE Main exam. However, please note that your attempts should not exceed three for the three consecutive years.
|Q16. Is JEE Main Application Form Available in Offline Mode?|
Ans: No. JEE Main Application Form 2021 is available in online mode only and the JEE Mains Application will be not be accepted through any other means except online.
|Q17. What if I pay JEE Main Application Fee through Money Order?|
Ans: If candidates pay the JEE Main Application fee through IPO, money order or demand draft, then their JEE Main 2021 Application Form will get rejected.
|Q18. How can I pay JEE Main Application Fee?|
Ans: Candidates must pay JEE Main Application Fee only through the Online mode. Candidates can pay JEE Main Application Form only through Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ UPI/ PayTM during the online filling of the JEE Main application form using online payment gateway facility.
|Q19. Can I make changes in JEE Application Form through offline mode as such as Fax or letter?|
Ans: No, candidates cannot make any changes in JEE Application Form 2021 through fax/letter/application including e-mail, etc.
|Q20. What are the language mediums I can choose in JEE Application Form?|
Ans: This year, candidates can choose their medium of Question Paper either in English, Hindi, Urdu, Gujarati, Assamese, Bengali, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu.
|Q21. What are the recommended browsers to successfully do the JEE Main Registration?|
Ans: The recommended browsers for JEE Main Registration are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Opera.
|Q22. What are the contact details of JEE Main?|
Ans: Candidates who are having any doubts or queries related to JEE Mains Application Form, they can contact the officials through the following address:
NTA (National Testing Agency),
Block C-20 1A/8, Sector- 62
IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar
Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh (India)
Contact No: 0120 6895200
|Q23. What if I forgot JEE Main Application Form Number?|
Ans: If candidates forgot their JEE Main Application Form Number, then they must visit the official website of JEE Main and login to their candidate portal. Then, they will be able to get their JEE Main application form number.
We have now provided you with all the relevant details on JEE Main Application 2021. As the registrations have been started, candidates are advised to put in their best efforts to crack JEE Main 2021.
At Embibe, you can solve unlimited JEE Main practice questions for free. These questions have been handpicked from all the best books for JEE Main. You can also take free JEE Main mock test series on Embibe. There are tests of various types which are of the same level as the actual JEE Main exam. Embibe also provides personalized guidance for your JEE Main preparation. RANKUP, Embibe’s Artificial Intelligence-powered tool provides step-by-step guidance and looks after your overall development, which, in turn, guarantees score improvement by up to 55% in just 10 tests. So what are you waiting for?
We hope this detailed article on the JEE Main Application Form 2021 helps you. If you have any queries regarding this article on JEE Main Application Form filling process, drop a comment below and we will surely assist you in the best possible way.
Stay tuned on embibe.com for more news and updates on JEE Main 2021 Application Form.57 Views