UPSC NDA Notification 2020: The Union Public Service Commission, UPSC has released the UPSC NDA NA (2) 2020 Notification. UPSC NDA II registration process begins, candidates can apply for it till 30th June 2020. NDA I Registration procedure also started from June 16, 2020. So all those aspirants who are interested in applying for the UPSC NDA Exam can do so from the official website i.e. upsconline.nic.in.
Note that this year, both the NDA 1 & 2 Exam will be conducted together on September 6, 2020. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has merged these two exams this year due to delay in the schedule. Read this article to check about UPSC NDA-NA Exam, how to apply, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, cut off and result.
NDA Notification 2020: Highlights
Here is the overview of UPSC NDA Exam 2020:
|Conducted by||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam||National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II)|
|For Joining||Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force) as an officer|
|Vacancy||413 Posts (370 from NDA + 43 from NA)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Frequency of Exam||Twice in a year (NDA 1 and 2)|
|NDA II Notification||Released on June 16, 2020. Download PDF|
|NDA I Exam Date||September 6, 2020 (both NDA 1 & 2 Exam on same day)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Selection Process||Written Test (i.e. NDA & NA Exam), SSB Interview|
- – NDA exam is conducted in order to recruit candidates in India’s prestigious defence organizations, i.e. Army, Navy, and Air Force.
- – UPSC is responsible for conducting the written exam while SSB is responsible for taking the interview.
- – After the NDA exam and SSB, admission will be done to Army, Navy and Air Force wings of National Defence Academy (NDA) and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).
UPSC NDA Important Dates I & II
NDA Notification II 2020 has been released on June 16, 2020. And both the NDA 1 and 2 Exam 2020 will be held on September 6, 2020.
Here are the important dates for NDA II 2020 exam:
|Release of NDA Notification||June 16, 2020|
|Online Application begins I & II||June 16, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply for NDA||July 6, 2020 (till 6 PM)|
|Withdraw of Applications||July 13 to 19, 2020 (till 6 PM)|
|Release of NDA Admit Card||2nd week of August |
(3 weeks before the exam)
|NDA Exam I & II||September 6, 2020|
|NDA II Result Declaration||December 2020|
|SSB Interview||February 2021|
|Final result||May 2021|
Here are the important dates for the NDA I 2020 exam as per the official notification:
|Notification Released on||January 8, 2020|
|Release of NDA I Application Form||January 8, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply for NDA I||January 28, 2020|
|Application Withdrawal||February 4 to 11, 2020|
|Release of NDA I Admit Card||2nd week of August |
(3 weeks before the exam)
|NDA I Exam Date||September 6, 2020|
|NDA I Result Declaration||To be notified|
|SSB Interview||To be notified|
|Final result||To be notified|
NDA 2020 Selection Procedure
There are two stages in the NDA selection process i.e. Written Test and SSB Interview. Candidates have to clear the written examination in order to move to the second stage i.e. SSB Interview.
The SSB Interview comprises various psychological and intelligence tests which will be conducted for 5 days. After the SSB interview, document verification and medical examination will be conducted. Based on the final merit list, candidates will be asked to report for the medical examination.
After selection, candidates have to undergo training at Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy. On successful completion of training, the candidate will be serving as an Indian Army/ Navy/ Air Force Officer.
NDA Eligibility Criteria 2020
Only candidates who are eligible must apply otherwise, they will be disqualified later. Here are the eligibility criteria that a candidate needs to meet:
- Nationality: The candidate should be an Indian or a citizen of Bhutan/Nepal or a Tibetan refugee or have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam.
- Age Limit, Sex, and Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates born between July 2, 2001, and July 1, 2004, can apply for the exam.
- Educational Qualification:
– a. For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: Class 12 or its equivalent.
– b. For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Class 12 or its equivalent with Physics and Mathematics.
- The candidate should be physically fit.
How To Apply For NDA 2020?
Candidates can follow the procedures as under in order to apply for the exam:
- Visit upsconline.nic.in.
– Go to the official website of UPSC: upsconline.nic.in. Note that for mobile users, the link might show that the connection is not secure. So, go to “Advanced” and click on “Proceed to upsconline.nic.in”.
- Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC
– Click on “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC“ and then on the relevant link to apply for NDA 2020 Exam.
- Part I & Part II
– A new page will appear where you need to fill Part-I and Part-II in order to complete the application procedure.
- Part I: Personal Details, Generation of Registration ID
– In Part I, candidates have to enter their Personal Details and other information to register themselves. Upon successful registration, a Registration ID will be generated. This Registration ID will be required to proceed on to Part II of filling up the NDA application form.
- Part II: Payment Details, Exam Centre, Upload documents
– In Part II, candidates have to enter their Payment Details, preferred Examination Centre, and upload Photograph, Signature, Card Document, Photo Identity, and Declaration.
NDA Application Fee:
Here is the application fee for the NDA & NA Exam as per the official notification.
|NDA Application Fee||Rs 100/-|
|No Application Fee for||SC/ ST candidates/ Sons of JCOs/ NCOs/ ORs|
|Mode of payment||Offline and online|
- – Offline mode: Required to submit Pay-in-slip to any branch of SBI.
- – Online mode: Has to pay using debit/ credit card or internet banking.
NDA Notification 2020: Exam Pattern
The NDA Exam will have only the objective type of questions. The questions will be asked in English as well as Hindi.
|Subject (Code)||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics (01) – 120 Questions||150 mins||300 Marks|
|General Ability Test (02) – 150 Questions||150 mins||600 Marks|
|Total||300 mins||900 Marks|
|SSB Test/Interview||5 days||900 Marks|
NDA Marking Scheme: The NDA Exam has negative marking. One-third of the marks allotted to a question will be reduced on every wrong attempt.
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer Rewards||Negative Marking|
|Mathematics||2.5 Marks||– 0.83 Marks|
|General Ability Test||4 Marks||– 1.33 Marks|
Also, check NDA Syllabus 2020 from here.
NDA Admit Card 2020
NDA admit card will be made available one month before the exam i.e. in the first week of August according to the official notification. Candidates are required to enter their Registration ID and Date of Birth in order to download the NDA admit card 2020.
Details like name of the candidate, roll number, exam centre, date and time of the examination, venue of the exam will be mentioned on the admit card. Candidates are also required to carry valid ID proofs and two passport-sized photographs to the exam centre.
NDA Cutoff 2020
Here is the previous year cutoff for the NDA 1 2019 exam:
|NDA & NA Exam||Written Exam||Final Cut Off|
|NDA I 2019||342 Marks||704 Marks|
|NDA II 2018||325 Marks||688 Marks|
|NDA I 2018||338 Marks||705 Marks|
|NDA II 2017||258 Marks||624 Marks|
|NDA I 2017||342 Marks||708 Marks|
|NDA II 2016||229 Marks||602 Marks|
|NDA I 2016||288 Marks||656 Marks|
Note that along with the cutoff, candidates have to score at least 25% marks in each subject
NDA Exam Result 2020
As per the official notification, NDA result will be released two months after the Written Exam i.e. in the first week of November. A merit list will be released on the day of the NDA result. Candidates whose names are present in the NDA result PDF are required to appear for the SSB Interview.
NDA result will be made available on the official website of the UPSC. The result will comprise both the roll number and the name of the selected candidates.
FAQs Related To NDA Exam
Here are some frequently asked questions regarding the NDA Exam:
A1. UPSC is going to conduct the NDA Exam I & II on September 6, 2020.
A2. NDA II Notification has been released on June 16, 2020.
A3. Candidates should have born not earlier than July 2, 2001, and not later than July 1, 2004, and must have passed the Class 12 exam.
A4. The NDA Exam Pattern consists of Maths and General Ability Test. Maths Paper will have 120 questions while GAT paper will have 150 questions. Total time to finish both the papers will be 300 minutes (150 minutes for each paper). Maximum marks are of 900 Marks (300 marks for Maths and 600 Marks for GAT)
A4. The NDA Application fee is Rs 100 for general candidates while SC/ ST candidates/ Sons of JCOs/ NCOs/ ORs are not required to pay the fee.
You can also take free NDA Mock Tests from Embibe. We have all the previous year question paper mock tests from 2017 to 2018. There are many advantaged for taking mock from Embibe but one unique advantage is that you will be given Advanced Test Analysis. With this analysis, you can analyse you can see your Subject-wise Score, First Look Time And First Look Accuracy, Attempt Strategy, Time Spent, and Attempt Effectiveness.
We hope that you have provided you with all the necessary information about the NDA exam 2020. If you have any queries, then you can ask in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.
Stay tuned to this article to get the latest updates on NDA Notification 2020!379 Views