NDA II Notification 2019: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is going to release the National Defence Academy or NDA notification in the first week of July 2019. NDA/NA- II exam is scheduled to be conducted on the first week of September 2019. The exam is conducted twice in a year. UPSC is responsible for conducting the written exam while SSB is responsible for taking psychological and interview test. In this article, interested candidates can read the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, how to apply, selection procedure and cut off.
NDA II Notification 2019
NDA exam is conducted in order to recruit candidates in India’s prestigious defence organizations, i.e. Army, Navy, and Air Force. Interested candidates who are in Class 12 can apply for this exam. After selection, candidates have to undergo training at Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy. On successful completion of training, the candidate will be serving as Indian Army/Navy/Air Force Officer.
NDA II Notification: NDA Important Dates
The important dates for NDA II 2019 are tabulated below:
|Release of NDA Application Form||First Week of July|
|Last Date to Apply for NDA||First Week of August|
|Release of NDA Admit Card||First Week of September|
|NDA II Exam||First Week of October|
|NDA Result Declaration||First Week of December|
NDA II Notification: NDA Eligibility Criteria
Only candidates who are eligible must apply otherwise, they will be disqualified later. Here are the eligibility criteria that a candidate needs to meet:
- Nationality: The candidate should be an Indian or a citizen of Bhutan/Nepal or a Tibetan refugee or have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam.
- Age Limit, Sex, and Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates whose age is between 14 to 17 years i.e. born between January 2, 2001, and January 1, 2004, can apply for the exam.
- Educational Qualification:
A. For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: Class 12 or its equivalent.
B. For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Class 12 or its equivalent with Physics and Mathematics.
- Candidate should be physically fit.
NDA II Notification: How To Apply For NDA II 2019?
Candidates can follow the steps as under in order to apply for the exam:
- Go to the official website of UPSC: upsconline.nic.in. Note that for mobile users, the link might show that the connection is not secure. So, go to “Advanced” and click on “Proceed to upsconline.nic.in”.
- Click on “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC”.
- A new page will appear where you need to fill Part-I and Part-II in order to complete the application procedure.
- In Part I, candidates have to enter their Personal Details and other information to register themselves. Upon successful registration, a Registration ID will be generated. This Registration ID will be required to proceed on to Part II of filling up the NDA application form.
- In Part II, candidates have to enter their Payment Details, preferred Examination Centre, and upload Photograph, Signature, Card Document, Photo Identity and Declaration.
Candidates (except SC/ST candidates/sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs) are required to pay an application fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) through offline or online mode. Candidates opting for the offline medium of payment are required to submit their Pay-in-slip to any branch of SBI whereas those who are going for the online mode can pay using debit/credit card or internet banking.
NDA II Notification: NDA Selection Procedure
There are two stages in the NDA selection process i.e. Written Test and SSB Test/Interview. Candidates have to clear the written examination in order to move to the second stage i.e. SSB Interview. SSB Interview comprises various psychological and intelligence test which will be conducted for 5 days. After the interview, document verification and medical examination will be conducted. Based on the final merit list, candidates will be asked to report for the medical examination.
NDA II Notification: NDA Exam Pattern
Only objective type of questions will be asked. The questions will be asked in English as well as Hindi.
|Subject (Code)||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics (01)||2 & 1/2 hrs||300|
|General Ability Test (02)||2 & 1/2 hrs||600|
|SSB Test/Interview||5 days||900|
NDA Marking Scheme: Negative marking is there. One-third of the marks will be reduced on every wrong attempt.
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer Rewards||Negative Marking|
|For Mathematics||2.5 marks||0.83 marks|
|For General Ability Test||4 marks||1.33 marks|
NDA II Notification: NDA Admit Card
NDA admit card will be available one month before the exam i.e. in the first week of August. Candidates are required to enter their Registration ID and Date of Birth in order to download the NDA II admit card 2019. Details like name of the candidate, roll number, exam centre, date and time of the examination, venue of the exam will be mentioned on the admit card. Candidates are also required to carry valid ID proofs and two passport-sized photographs to the exam centre.
NDA II Notification: NDA Result
NDA result will be released two months after the written exam i.e. in the first week of November. A merit list will be released on the day of the NDA result. Candidates whose names are present in the NDA result PDF are required to appear for the SSB Interview. NDA result 2019 will be made available the official website of the UPSC. The result will comprise both the roll number and name of the selected candid.
We hope that you have provided you with all the detailed information about NDA exam. If you have any query then you can ask us and we will get back to you.
Stay tuned at embibe.com to get latest updates about NDA exam.287 Views