NEET Result Date 2020: National Testing Agency (NTA) will be announcing the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 result date shortly. As per the recent notice from the officials, NEET exam has been postponed and now the exam will be conducted on 13th September 2020. Candidates will be able to check their qualifying status, score-card and NEET cutoff using their Roll number and Date of Birth. NEET 2020 result will help you in predicting the chances of being shortlisted for around 95000 undergraduate medical admissions across the medical and BDS colleges in India.
Candidates who will be appearing for NEET 2020 can check and download the result in the form of scorecard through the official website. Candidates can also download NEET scorecard on NEET Result date using their login credentials. Go through this article thoroughly to know more about NEET Result Date 2020.
NEET Result Date 2020
NEET Result Date will be announced once NEET 2020 exams are conducted. The NEET 2020 will be held on 13th September 2020. Usually, the results are announced within one month of the exam. Thus, the result is expected to be released by the 1st week of October 2020. NEET counselling procedure will be started after the result declaration.
Let us have a look at the NEET Result Date 2020:
|NEET Admit Card 2020 Release Date||15 days Before Commencement of Exam (29th August 2020 Tentatively)|
|NEET Exam Date 2020|
|NEET Result Date 2020||To be Announced|
How to Download Scorecard On NEET Result Date 2020?
Once the NEET Result date 2020 is out, candidates can check their result online since there is no postal correspondence made to the test takers. Once NTA declares NEET Result Date, the test takers can follow these simple steps mentioned below to check their NEET 2020 results:
- – 1st Step: Visit the official website of NEET – ntaneet.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the link which says ‘NEET Result 2020’.
- – 3rd Step: Enter your ‘Roll Number’ and ‘Date of Birth’ in the respective fields.
- – 4th Step: Click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- – 5th Step: The results will be displayed on the screen in the form of a scorecard.
- – 6th Step: Download the result and take a printout of it for future references.
Details That Needs To Be Verified On NEET Result Date 2020
On NEET Result date 2020 candidates must validate the following details on their NEET Scorecard :
- Candidate’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Student’s Roll Number
- Application Number
- Total Marks Obtained
- Marks Secured in Chemistry
- Marks Secured in Biology
- Marks Secured in Physics
- Total Secured Percentile
- NEET Category Rank.
- NEET All India Rank
- Exam Qualifying Status (Qualified or Non-qualified)
- Cut-off Score under 15% All India Quota
- NEET All India Quota Rank (for 15% All India Quota)
Check out this image of NEET Result to get a clear idea on NEET 2020 Scorecard:
How To Calculate NEET Score & Percentile Score?
Based on the official NEET answer key candidates can calculate their expected score using the formula mentioned below:
(Total number of correct answers x 4) –
(Total number of incorrect answers x -1)
Based on the NEET scorecard, the merit list will be prepared. The total number of marks in NEET 2020 is 720 and the expected ranks will be based on the range of marks acquired in the exam.
NEET percentile score is the minimum score that must be achieved by the aspirants to qualify NEET 2020 exam. The percentile score will be calculated based on the candidate’s AIR and its relative position compared to the rank holders. NEET Percentile is calculated using the below-given formula:
100 X Number of candidates appeared with raw score / Total number of candidates appeared
To get a clear idea on the NEET percentile vs marks, take a look at the table below. This table will help you understand the percentile score that must be achieved by candidates belonging to different categories:
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Marks Range|
|Unreserved Category (UR)||50 Percentile||691-119|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/|
Scheduled Tribes (ST)/
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
|Unreserved Candidates Physically Handicapped (PH)||45 Percentile||118-107|
|OBC, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped (PH)||40 percentile||106-96|
NTA NEET Result Date 2020: NEET Cutoff Scores
Candidates must score equal to or more than the NEET cutoff 2020, which will be the minimum marks to get qualified for the NEET admission counselling. NEET 2020 Cutoff will be released along with the declaration of NEET Result 2020. On the basis of the cutoff, NEET Merit List will be prepared for 15% All India Quota (AIQ) and 85% State Quota seats and will be released besides the announcement of NEET Result Date 2020.
Factors Determining NEET Cutoff
NEET cutoff will be released by NTA along with NEET 2020 result. NEET Cut off will be released for 2 Quotas namely All India Quota and State Level Quota.
Also, it varies for different categories and is dependent on factors such as:
- a) Seat availability
- b) Total number of candidates appearing in the exam
- c) The difficulty level of the exam
NEET 2019 Cutoff
Candidates can check the NEET previous year cut off from the table below:
|Category||Marks Range||Number of Candidates Qualified|
|Others/General Category||701-134 (Equals to 50 percentile)||704335|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||133-107 (Equals to 40 percentile)||63789|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||118-96 (Equals to 40 percentile)||20009|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||118-96 (Equals to 40 percentile)||8455|
|SC-PH||106-96 (Equals to 40 percentile)||32|
|ST-PH||106-96 (Equals to 40 percentile)||14|
|OBC-PH||106-96 (Equals to 40 percentile)||142|
|UR – PH||118-107 (Equals to 45 percentile)||266|
NEET 2019 Cutoff For Top Indian Medical Colleges
|College||Location||Closing Rank 2018||Closing Rank 2017|
|Government Medical College And Hospital||Chandigarh||254||278|
|Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Hospital||Mumbai||1122||1018|
|King George’s Medical University||Lucknow||703||725|
|Lady Hardinge Medical College||New Delhi||314||369|
|Maulana Azad Medical College||New Delhi||58||49|
|Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences||Rohtak||1178||1481|
|Seth G.S. Medical College||Mumbai||296||297|
|Seth GS Medical College||Mumbai||296||296|
|University College of Medical Sciences||Delhi||165||185|
|VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital||New Delhi||107||82|
NEET Result Date 2020: NEET Merit List
NEET Merit list for 15% All India Quota will be prepared by NTA based on the cutoff scores. The merit list will be released after the NEET Result date 2020. Candidates who meet the Cutoff scores set by NTA will only be allowed to take part in the counselling procedure.
- Unlike the NEET Cutoff, the merit list will not be declared category wise, instead, there will be only one centralized merit list that will contain the names of all qualified candidates.
- State-wise merit list will be prepared based on the candidate’s state rank and the category.
- All India Quota Merit List will be prepared on the basis of AIR and the national reservation policy.
- NEET Merit list can now be used for admissions in veterinary colleges for undergraduate courses under 15% All India Quota.
NEET Result Date 2020: Tie-Breaking Policy
There might be cases that two or more candidates might secure equal marks in the NEET 2020 exam. Such cases lead to a tie in NEET Results, which can be broken by the following methods:
- Candidates who have a better score in NEET Biology will be given the first priority.
- Even after the first tiebreaker, if the tie remains then the candidates with a higher score in NEET Chemistry will be placed at the top of the merit list.
- The third priority will be given to the candidates with fewer incorrect attempts.
- Even after this if the tie still remains, then candidates with more age will be placed higher in the merit list.
NEET Counselling 2020
Candidates whose names appear in the final merit list based on NEET 2020 Result will move on to the seat allotment and admission procedure through NEET Counselling. On the basis NEET Result, rank, score, vacant seats in the college and the preferences made by the candidate, the seat allotment will take place. The counselling procedure will be administered by the MCC (Medical Counselling Committee).
- NEET Counselling 2020 for All India Quota seats, ESIC Quota and seats in central and Deemed universities will be conducted by Director General of Health Services (DGHS), on behalf of the MCC.
- And, respective states counselling authorities will conduct their own NEET Counselling for the state quota seats.
Now that you are provided with all necessary information regarding NEET result Date and cut off for top medical colleges, refer the previous year cutoff scores to get a clear idea on the colleges accepting NEET scores. Also, check the list of NEET Toppers who achieved top All India Rank on NEET Result date from the link below:
We hope that our article on NEET Result Date helped you. If you have any query or feedback to share with us, please feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest
Stay tuned to embibe.com for latest news and updates on NEET 2020!405 Views