After a long nerve-wrecking wait and amidst much hue and cry, the NEET 2017 results were finally declared on Friday, June 23, 2017. The NEET counselling will be supervised by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). The MCC is constituted by the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, to conduct online counselling for seats for MBBS & BDS courses.
The NEET 2017 Counselling commenced on July 3, 2017.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2017 Counselling
The erstwhile eligibility criteria of 15% All India Quota has been abolished. Now, all candidates, except from states of A.P., Telangana, and J&K, scoring above the minimum cut off percentile score as per MCI/DCI regulations are eligible to participate in 15% All India Quota online counselling.
No. of students eligible for 15% NEET All India Quota seats – 19,325
15% AIQ MBBS seats – 3521
15% AIQ BDS seats – 299
After the AIQ counselling, vacant seats from that 15% reserved section will be transferred to State Quota, i.e., counselling for remaining 85% of seats will be done by centralised state counselling conducted by various states. Hence, the remaining 85% of seats in each state are to be filled by state level counselling.
NEET 2017 Counselling Schedule (Important Dates)
|Main Counseling Registration||3rd – 11th July, 2017 (up to 5:00 PM)|
|Choice Filling & Indicative Seat||5th July, 2017|
|Exercising of Choices and Locking||12th July, 2017 (up to 5:00 PM)|
|Process of Seat Allotment (Round 1)||13th – 14th July, 2017|
|Result Declaration (Round 1)||15th July, 2017|
|Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against 1st Round||16th – 22nd July, 2017 (up to 05:00 PM)|
|Exercising of Choices and Locking(Round 2)||1st – 4th
August, 2017 (up to 05:00 PM)
|Process of Seat Allotment (Round 2)||5th – 7th August, 2017|
|Result Declaration (Round 2)||8th August, 2017|
|Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against Round 2||9th – 16th August, 2017 (up to 05:00 PM)
|Transfer of vacant seats to State
|16th August, 2017 (after 5:00 PM)|
NEET 2017 Counselling and Seat Allotment Procedure
The counselling procedure by MCC is held in two rounds.
Step 1: Online Registration
To participate in NEET counselling, the candidates have to register themselves at the MCC website by filling their basic details, after which they will get a unique USER ID and PASSWORD in their registered email id and mobile number. Candidates have to register with the given user id & password for further procedure.
Step 2: Choice Filling & Locking
The candidates have to select the medical/dental colleges and courses as per their preference. After final selection, they have to click on “Save” button and lock their choices.
Step 3: Result Declaration
Candidates will receive an SMS or email related to the allotted colleges & course after a few days of the counselling process. The seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their rank & college preference.
Step 4: Reporting at the Allotted College
After the counselling result declaration, candidates have to report at the allotted college and confirm their seat by paying the course fee. Failure to do so within the given time frame will result in their seats being given to the next eligible candidate.
- 10th & 12th Marksheets and Passing Certificate
- Birth certificate
- NEET 2017 Admit Card and Rank card
- A pair of passport size photograph same as their on your application form
- PWD certificate (If applicable)
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
- NEET Counselling Letter
NEET 2017 Counselling FAQs
In the link below, you will find the FAQs related to NEET counselling:
For more information and the latest updates, please refer to the official website.
If you are preparing for NEET 2018, use the study materials, rich data and smart analytics of Embibe to score higher with the best NEET practice papers. Did you know that you can improve your score by 25% in just 2 mock tests on Embibe?