SSC CGL Answer Key 2020-21: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) CGL Answer Key 2020-21 will be released after the SSC CGL Exam on its official website ssc.nic.in. The conducting body issues the SSC CGL Answer Key separately for each stage. SSC CGL 2020-21 Tier 1 exam is now being conducted by the commission between August 13 to August 24, 2021. Earlier the tier 1 exam for SSC CGL 2020 was scheduled to be conducted from May 29 to June 07 but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Staff Selection Commission had postponed the examination. The answer key for the same will be released by the commission soon on its official website. With the help of answer key candidates can evaluate their tentative SSC CGL Result before the official declaration. To access the answer key of SSC CGL, candidates need to log in by using their credentials such as Registration Number‘ or ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’.
Staff Selection Commission releases two types of SSC CGL Answer Keys – provisional answer key and final answer key. In the SSC CGL Provisional Answer Key, candidates can raise objections if they are not satisfied with the solution by paying a certain on each suggestion. Meanwhile, if the experts of conducting body find the recommendations unerring then they make the required changes and release the final answer key on the official website. The final answer key is published to maintain the transparency of the recruitment process. In this article, we have provided all the detailed information related to the answer key of SSC CGL 2020-21. Read on to find out.
SSC CGL 2021 Answer Key
Before getting into details, let’s go through the important dates for SSC CGL 2020- 21 exam from the table below:
|Exam Events||Exam Dates|
|Release of notification||21st December 2020|
|Online Application||21st December 2020 to 25th January 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier I Exam||August 13 to August 24, 2021|
|Release of Tier I Provisional Answer Key||To be announced soon|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Exam||To be announced soon|
|Release of Tier II Provisional Answer Key||To be announced soon|
|Category||Provisional Answer Key & Response sheet|
|Job Location||Across India|
|SSC CGL Recruitment||SSC CGL Exam Dates|
|SSC CGL Application Form||SSC CGL Salary|
|SSC CGL Syllabus||SSC CGL Exam Pattern|
|SSC CGL Preparation||SSC CGL Exam Analysis|
|SSC CGL Books||SSC CGL Question Papers|
|SSC CGL Result||SSC CGL Cutoff|
SSC CGL Answer Key 2021: Highlights
- SSC CGL will release the provisional answer keys, marking response and question papers after the completion of the exam.
- Candidates can cross-check the answers comparing with their response sheet for any discrepancy.
- In case of any issue, candidates can challenge the provisional answer key by paying Rs. 100
- SSC CGL will announce the final answer keys after scrutinizing the challenges received on the provisional answers.
How To Download SSC CGL 2021 Answer Key?
The SSC CGL provisional and final answer keys will be released through online mode. The steps to check your answer key is provided below:
- 1st Step: Visit SSC CGL Answer Key direct link – ssc.nic.in
- 2nd Step: Click on the link ‘Answer Key’ present on the top right side of the page.
- 3rd Step: A new page will open. Click on the Combined Graduate Level 2020-21 Answer Key Link from the list of links available on the page.
- 4th Step: The answer key notification will appear. Now click on the answer key download link provided at the bottom of the PDF.
- 5th Step: A login page will open. Enter your ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’.
- 6th Step: Click on the ‘Login’ button.
- 7th Step: The answer key will be displayed. Go through it and download SSC CGL Answer Key PDF the same for future reference.
How To Calculate SSC CGL Score?
To calculate the score, candidates must first be ready with the response sheets and answer key. Besides that, candidates must go through the SSC CGL Exam Pattern and marking scheme to know, how are the marks awarded or deducted. The steps to calculate your score are as follows:
- 1st Step: Calculate the correct and wrong attempt by comparing the response sheets and answer key.
- 2nd Step: Go through the SSC CGL exam pattern and marking scheme to check the section-wise marks awarded for every correct answer. Also, check the negative marking scheme of each section.
- 3rd Step: Now use the score calculation formula to calculate the SSC CGL score
The SSC CGL score calculation formula for is as follows:
SSC CGL Exam Score Calculation Formula:
Calculated Score = (Number of Correct Attempts) X 2 – ( Number of Incorrect Attempts) X 0.5
SSC CGL Exam Score Calculation Formula:
Calculated Score = [(Number of Correct Attempts in Paper I, III & IV) X 2 – ( Number of Incorrect Attempts) X 0.5] + [ (Number of Correct Attempts in Paper-II) – ( Number of Incorrect Attempts) X 0.25]
SSC CGL Response Sheet
After the official announces the release of SSC CGL Answer key 2020-21, candidates can raise objections through the response sheet. The SSC will provide an opportunity for candidates to login for some period of time and challenge the answer key. Besides this, candidates can compare answer keys with the response sheet. And in case of dissatisfaction with the answer, candidates can raise the modification by paying some amount as prescribed by the officials.
How To Challenge SSC CGL Answer Key 2021?
The SSC CGL releases the provisional Answer key and provides an opportunity for candidates to raise objections. Check the points mentioned below to challenge the answer key.
- Candidates will first have to go through the answer key thoroughly. Also read all the instructions carefully before raising objections.
- The period for which the objections are invited is decided by SSC. Candidates will have to raise their objections within this time frame.
- Candidates will have to make use of the ‘Question ID’ number for all references. This is mentioned on the right side of the question.
- Candidates will have to log in and click on the link – ‘Click Here To Raise Objections’.
- The objections can only be raised in the English Language.
- Candidates will have to follow the process and submit valid supporting proofs.
- For every question, candidates should pay some amount through online mode.
- Also, objections once submitted cannot be edited later.
SSC CGL Answer Key: Exam Pattern (Tier I)
Check the SSC CGL Exam Pattern for Tier I in the tabular column given below:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
- A total of 60 minutes is allocated to complete the test. The time given is cumulative and is not separate for each section.
- Two Marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- For every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
- All the questions asked will be of objective type, Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- A total of 100 questions will be asked for a maximum of 200 marks.
SSC CGL Answer Key: Exam Pattern (Tier II)
The SSC CGL Tier II exam pattern is provided in the table below:
|Paper I – Quantitative Abilities||100||200|
|Paper-II – English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper III – Statistics||100||200|
|Paper IV – General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
Significance of CGL Answer Key 2020-21
Check the points mentioned below to know the significance of the answer key:
- With the help of response sheets and answer key, candidates can calculate the probable score even before the declaration of result.
- The answer key helps candidates to look back to the responses entered by them. Besides that, in case of any error seen in the answer key, candidates can raise objections.
- Candidates can calculate the score and compare it with the cutoff marks to check for their possibility of selection.
- Candidates can raise objections after the release of the tentative answer key. This makes the evaluation process transparent.
FAQs regarding the SSC CGL Answer Key 2021
The frequently asked questions for SSC CGL Answer Key 2020-21 are mentioned below:
|Q. When will SSC CGL answer key 2021 release?|
A. The SSC will release the SSC CGL 2020-21 answer key after completion of the exam
|Q. Where can I check the SSC CGL answer key?|
A. You can check the SSC CGL Answer key on the official website of SSC – ssc.nic.in.
|Q. Who releases SSC CGL answer key?|
A. The Officials of Staff Selection Commission (SSC) releases SSC CGL answer key.
|Q. Is there any fee to challenge the SSC CGL answer key?|
A. Yes, candidates need to pay Rs.100 for each question to challenge the answer key.
|Q. What is SSC CGL result based on? Provisional/Final answer key?|
A. SSC CGL result is announced based on the final answer key of the exam.
We have now provided you with all the details on SSC CGL 2020-21 Answer key. To help you in your SSC CGL Exam Preparation, we bring you Free SSC CGL Tier 2 Mock Tests. Taking these tests will help you to know your weaker areas. You can also access where do you stand with the present level of preparation.
We hope this article answers your questions. If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.1432 Views