UGC NET Answer Key: The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). The scheduled dates for the entrance exams are as follows: 24th, 25th, 29th, 30th, September 2020, 1st, 7th, 9th, 17th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, October 2020, and 5th November 2020. The official UGC NET answer key will be available for the candidates in the 2nd week of November 2020.
The UGC NET Answer Key is essential for candidates to estimate their marks. Candidates can also challenge the answer key if they are not satisfied with it. You can bookmark this page to download the official answer key when it is released.
UGC NET Answer Key 2020
Before moving ahead, let us have an overview of the exam:
|Organisation Name||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Conducted On Behalf of||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Test 2020 (NET)|
|Result Date||November 2nd Week (Tentative)|
UGC NET Important Dates
The list of important dates that candidates need to make a note of for future references is as under:
UGC NET Events
|UGC NET Exam Date||September 24, 2020|
|Viewing of UGC NET Question Paper & Response Sheet||To be announced|
|Release of Provisional UGC NET Answer Key||To be announced|
|Last Date to View UGC NET Question Paper, Answer Key, Response Sheet & Challenging of Answer Key||To be announced|
|Release of UGC NET Final Answer Key||To be announced|
|Declaration of UGC NET Result||To be announced|
Direct Link To Download UGC NET Answer Key
The direct links to download the UGC NET Answer Key 2020 are as under:
|Exam Date||Q&A Key||UGC NET Answer Key|
|24th September2020||To Be Updated||To Be Updated|
|25th September2020||To Be Updated||To Be Updated|
|29th September2020||To Be Updated||To Be Updated|
|30th September2020||To Be Updated||To Be Updated|
|1st October 2020||To Be Updated||To Be Updated|
|7th October 2020||To Be Updated||To Be Updated|
|9th October 2020||To Be Updated||To Be Updated|
|17th October 2020||To Be Updated||To Be Updated|
|21st October 2020||To Be Updated||To Be Updated|
|22nd October 2020||To Be Updated||To Be Updated|
|23rd October 2020||To Be Updated||To Be Updated|
|5th November 2020||To Be Updated||To Be Updated|
How To Download UGC NET Answer Key?
Candidates appearing for the exam will be able to download the UGC NET answer key. In order to download the UGC NET June Answer Key, candidates have to enter their Application Number and Date of Birth. Follow the steps mentioned below to download the Key:
- 1st Step– Visit the official website at ntanet.nic.in or nta.ac.in.
- 2nd Step– Search for the link to check the UGC NET 2020 June Answer Key on the homepage and click on it.
- 3rd Step- Enter your Application Number or Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- 4th Step- Fill in the captcha details according to the image.
- 5th Step- Click on the Login button to submit the details.
- 6th Step- Download the official answer key and keep it safe for future references.
Details Mentioned On UGC NET Key 2020
The UGC NET solution key will have the following details mentioned on it:
- Name of the Exam
- Date and Time of the Exam
- Subject ID
- Question ID
- Correction Option ID
How To Challenge UGC NET Answer Key?
If the candidates are not satisfied with the provisional UGC NET June solution key, they can raise their objection against it by paying Rs 1000/ each question. The payment can be made in online mode through debit card/credit card/net banking.
The provisional answer key will be displayed on the official website. If the objection raised is valid, then the amount will be refunded to the candidates’ accounts.
After serious consideration, the decision on the challenges will be made by NTA, and based on this the final UGC NET Answer key will be released. NTA will not entertain any changes once the final UGC NET 2020 Answer Key is released.
Steps To Challenge The Answer Key
The steps to challenge the answer key are as under:
- – 1st Step: Visit the UGC NET official website – ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- – 2nd Step: Click on the “View Question Paper and Challenge Provisional Answer Key” link.
- – 3rd Step: Then log in using your application number and date of birth.
- – 4th Step: Click on the “Challenge/s Regarding Answer Key” option.
- – 5th Step: Question IDs will be reflected on the screen in sequential order. The ID under the column “Correct Option” indicates the correct answer that will be used by the NTA. If you want to challenge, then you have to use one or more of the Option IDs given in the next four columns by checking the boxes.
- – 6th Step: Once you click on your desired option, click on ‘Save Your Claim’ and head to the next screen.
- – 7th Step: You will see a list of the Option IDs that have been challenged by you.
- – 9th Step: Upload supporting documents.
- – 10th Step: Click on ‘Save Your Claim Finally’.
- – 11th Step: You will again come across a screen that displays your challenges. Ensure to make the payments by your preferred mode of payment.
Display Of UGC NET Recorded Responses
The NTA displays the recorded responses of the candidates on the NTA website prior to the declaration of the result.
How To Calculate The Score?
The official UGC NET June key will help candidates predict their chances of qualifying in the exam for Lecturership (Assistant Professor) or Junior Research Fellowship. The score can be calculated only if you have a clear idea of the marking scheme of UGC NET 2020.
- Every correct answer carries 2 marks.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers or questions left unanswered in UGC NET 2020.
- There will be a total of 150 questions under two sections of the exam paper.
- The total marks for UGC NET 2020 is 300.
UGC NET Formula to calculate the scores:
Total Marks Obtained = Number of Correct Answers X 2
UGC NET Cutoff
Take a look at the UGC NET Cutoff from the table below:
|Category||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|General||Paper 1 – 40 marks |
Paper 2 – 80 marks
|OBC-NCL/PwD/SC/ST||Paper 1 – 35 marks|
Paper 2 – 70 marks
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some FAQs and their answers:
Candidates need to pay Rs.1000/question to challenge. However, the amount will be refunded if the challenge is valid.
The exact date of release of UGC NET Answer key is yet to be released. However, candidates can expect it in the second week of November.
Yes, candidates have the right to challenge the key by paying Rs. 1000/question. The amount will be refunded if the challenge is valid.
Candidates can download the official answer key by visiting the official website – ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
We hope that this article on UGC NET Answer Key helps you. If you have any queries or feedback to share with us, please feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest.1223 Views