UGC NET Notification 2021: The National Testing Agency has released UGC NET Notification for December 2020 cycle (May 2021) on February 2, 2021. Candidates who desire to appear for the exam can apply from February 2, 2021 to March 2, 2021 on the official website. The last date to pay application fee is March 3, 2021. According to the official notification, the UGC NET exam date for December 2020 cycle is May 2,3, 4,5,6,7,10,11,12, 14 and 17, 2021. Candidates are advised to check the UGC NET 2021 Notification PDF for application process and other exam related information.
NTA conducts UGC NET for Junior Research Fellowship and to ascertain eligibility for Assistant Professor. This is highly competitive exam and candidates need to give their best in order to ace the exam. Candidates must read the UGC NET Notification for December 2020 cycle carefully before filling the application form. In this article, we have provided detailed information on exam dates, eligibility, application process, application fee, admit card, answer key and result. Read on to find out.
|Latest: The NTA has released UGC NET Notification for December 2020 cycle on February 2, 2021. Download UGC NET Notification PDF from here.|
UGC NET Notification 2021 Overview
Before getting into the details of UGC NET Notification, let us have a look at the overview of UGC NET exam mentioned below:
|Exam Name||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET)|
|Conducting Body||National Test Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Number of Papers||Paper I and Paper II|
|Name of Post||Junior Research Fellow and Assistant Professor|
UGC NET December 2020 Cycle Dates
NTA Has released dates for important events for December 2020 NET exam. Candidates can check important dates for UGC NET exam as mentioned below:
|Release of UGC NET Notification||February 2, 2021|
|UGC NET Application Process Start Date||February 2, 2021|
|UGC NET Application Process Last Date||March 2, 2021|
|Last Date to Pay Application Fee||March 3, 2021|
|Correction Date for Online application form||March 5-9, 2021|
|Release of UGC NET Admit Card||To Be Announced later|
|UGC NET Exam Dates||May 2,3, 4,5,6,7,10,11,12, 14 and 17, 2021.|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||To Be Announced later|
|UGC NET Results||To Be Announced later|
|UGC NET Application Form||UGC NET Exam Dates|
|UGC NET Syllabus||UGC NET Exam Pattern|
|UGC NET Answer Key||UGC NET Books|
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2021
Before filling application form, candidates must check eligibility criteria for December 2020 cycle of UGC NET as mentioned below:
UGC NET Educational Qualifications
- Candidate must have a master degree or equivalent degree awarded by a recognized university. Final year students completing their post-graduation can apply as well.
- General/Unreserved candidates with minimum of 55% marks in Master Degree or equivalent degree are eligible for this test.
- SC/ ST, OBC, NCL, and PWD candidates require 50 % marks in master degree or equivalent degree to become eligible to appear for this test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. In such cases, candidates will be admitted provisionally only after they pass their master degree with 55 percent for General category and 50 percent in case of SC/ST/OBC/PwD.
- Candidates who have finished their post-graduation by September 19, 1991, and possess a PhD degree are eligible for the exam. Also, such candidates are liable for 5% of relaxation in the aggregate marks.
- Transgender category candidates will also be liable for the same relaxation criteria as per SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject for their Post Graduation only.
- Candidates are not required to send any certificates or documents in support of their eligibility to NTA.
UGC NET Age Limit
- For JRF, candidates of general category must have the maximum age of 31 years by March 1, 2021.
- For reserved category candidates, the age limit can be relaxed by 5 years. Relaxation will be given to the candidates with research experience or limited to the period spent on research in the relevant or related subject of post graduation degree.
- Also, there will be a relaxation of 5 years for women candidates as well.
- Candidates with an L.L.M. degree are liable for a relaxation of 3 years.
- A relaxation of up to 5 years is given to the candidates who have served in armed forces.
- There will be no upper age limit criteria for candidates applying for Assistant Lectureship.
UGC NET Notification 2021: Important Documents
It is advised that candidates should keep their documents ready before filling the UGC NET 2021 Application Form. This is done to avoid any inconvenience or last minute issues. Candidates are advised to submit online application form before last date of submission. The NTA will not be responsible for any technical or network issues in the last day of online application. Therefore, candidates are required to keep the following document ready as mentioned below:
- Copy of University or Board Certificate for the proof of the candidate’s official name, Parent’s Name and Date of Birth.
- Aadhar Card.
- ID proof such as Bank Account Number, Passport, Ration Card, Voter ID or any other official Government ID.
- Qualifying mark sheets or the mark sheet of last semester.
- Corresponding and Permanent address along with the respective Pin codes are also important.
- Four names of the cities as per candidates choice.
- Code of NET subject.
- Code of subject at post graduation level.
- Code of post graduation course.
- Category Certificate if applicable.
- EWS certificate if applicable.
- Physical Disability certificate if applicable.
- Email address and Contact Number
- Scanned Images in JPG or JPEG format.
UGC NET 2021: Scanned Documents Guidelines
The UGC NET 2021 Registration Form will not be considered complete without uploading the images as per the required format. Candidates are required to upload the passport pictures and signature samples in the digital format. Here we are including the specifications for your reference.
|Type of Image||Size of Image|
|Candidate’s Passport Photograph|
(The photograph must have taken on or after October 1, 2020 clearly)
|Min 10 kb to Max 200 kb|
|Candidate’s signature copy||Min 4 kb to Max 30 kb|
How To Fill UGC NET Application Form 2021?
UGC NET 2021 Application Process has started from February 2, 2021 and the last date is March 2, 2021. The last date to pay application fee is March 3, 2021. The applications can only be made in the online mode on the NTA UGC NET official website – nta.nic.in. Candidates are advised to follow step-wise procedure to fill UGC NET online application form given below:
|Stage I: Registration |
Register online using email id and mobile number and note down the generated application number.
- Visit the official website of NTA – ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Click on ‘Apply Online‘ button under December 2020 cycle (May 2021) of UGC NET.
- A new page will open. Now click on the button “New Registration”.
- An instruction page will be displayed. Read it and click on the ‘checkbox’ present at the bottom of the page. Thereafter, click on the button ‘Click Here To Proceed‘.
- A new page will open. Enter your basic details, such as Name of candidates/ Mothers Name/ Fathers Name in capital letters, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID, etc.
- Once you have filled all the required details, click on the button “Submit”.
- After successful submission of the details, an Application Number and Password will be generated for you. Note them down.
|Stage II: Fill in the Complete UGC NET Application Form|
- Once you have registered with NTA you now need to login to your account using the login credentials – Application Number and Password.
- Enter the following details:
Personal Details which include Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, etc.
Candidate’s Communication Details which includes Address, Locality, City, District, State, PIN Code, Permanent Address, etc.
Educational Details which includes details of Schools and Colleges studied in, Name of the Course, Name of the College, Year of Passing, etc.
Apart from the above details, candidates also need to choose their preferred exam centre, post applying for, subjects applied for, etc.
- After filling in all the details, verify them and click on “Submit”.
|Stage III: Uploading Photograph And Signature|
Candidates need to upload the scanned images of their Photograph and Signature as specified below:
- The scanned image must be in jpg/jpeg format.
- The photograph must be taken on or after 01.10.2020 preferably indicating clearly the name of candidate along with the date of taking the photograph. Photograph should not be with cap or goggles.
- Polaroid and Computer generated photos are not acceptable.
- Application without photograph shall be rejected
- The size of the scanned image of the photograph should be between 10kb to 200kb and the dimension should be 3.5cm X 4.5 cm.
- The size of the scanned image of the signature should be between 4kb to 30kb and the dimension should be 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm.
- After uploading the document candidates must preview their uploaded images.
- Once completed click on the “Submit” button.
|Stage IV: Payment of Fee and Status Receipt of Application form fee|
- After the successful upload of the images, the next step is to pay the prescribed UGC NET application fee.
- Candidates need to pay the fees through online mode only.
- Choose one of the online payment methods and pay the application fee by entering all the required details.
- After the successful fee payment, take the print out of the application form for future reference.
- The confirmation of payment of fee and the receipt of online transaction will be displayed in the confirmation page of UGC NET December 2020 cycle (May 2021).
- The candidates whose fee is not received till the prescribed date, will not be considered for the exam.
- In case of discrepancy or error in receiving the receipt of paid fee should approach NTA with proof of fee paid (Photocopy of transaction slip through Debit card/Credit card/Net banking/Paytm).
|Note that the application form will be considered for further processing only after the successful payment of the Application Fee. Also, preserve the hard copy of the filled application form without fail.|
UGC NET Application Fee 2021
The application fee of UGC NET 2021 for December 2020 cycle (May 2021) will be submitted online. Payment modes like Debit Card, Credit Card, and Net banking are accepted. On successful payment, a reference number will be created which should be saved for future reference. The amount of exam fee is as follows:
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender||250/-|
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2021
The UGC NET 2021 for December cycle 2020 (May 2021) will be conducted as Computer based Test (CBT) in multiple shifts. The test comprises of two papers i.e., Paper I and Paper II. Both the papers consists of objective type of questions. The time duration for UGC NET exam is 3 hours. The UGC NET exam pattern are as follows:
|Paper||Sections||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper I||It includes Reasoning ability, Reading comprehension, Divergent thinking and General awareness||50||100|
|Paper II||This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge||100||200|
- The medium of question paper will be in English and Hindi.
- The medium of question paper should be chosen carefully while filling application form.
- Candidates opting for Hindi medium will be given bilingual paper. Whereas, English medium paper will be in English medium only.
- Candidates should answer in medium as selected in application form.
- Each question carries 2 marks.
- 2 marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answer.
- No marks will be given to the answer which is not attempted or left blank.
- Candidates need to choose one option as correct answer.
UGC NET Admit Card 2021
The UGC NET 2021 Admit Card will be issued to the candidates who successfully completes the online application process.
- The admit will be released few days before the UGC NET exam date.
- The candidates need to download admit card from the NTA website and carry to the exam center.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the UGC NET Admit Card to the exam hall along with one of original photo ID proof. Without these candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- In case candidates are not able to download admit card or find any discrepancy, they can report to NTA Help Line between 9.30 AM to 5.30 PM.
- Candidates must carefully check the details mentioned in the admit card and report to the authority in case of any missing details. The details included in the UGC NET Hall ticket are as follows.
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- Passport Size Picture
- Signature Copy
- Date and Time of the Exam
- Exam Venue Name and address
- Important Instructions
UGC NET Answer Key 2021
The NTA will release UGC NET provisional answer key on the official website after culmination of exam. Candidates will be able to download provisional answer key after it is declared. The NTA will provide opportunity to challenge the provisional answer key. Candidates can raise objection for the answers they are dissatisfied with by paying Rs. 1000 per question. The agency will scrutinize the objections raised by the candidates and release final answer key.
UGC NET Result 2021
The UGC NET 2021 Result for December 2020 cycle will be announced after the completion of the exam. Candidates will be able to download the result from the official website by entering their application number and password.
UGC NET Cut Off 2021
The UGC NET Cut off for December 2020 cycle will be released on the official website after the culmination of exam. Candidates will be able download the cutoff scores in the form of PDF after it is declared. The cutoff scores are the minimum marks required to qualify the exam.
FAQs regarding UGC NET Notification 2021
The frequently asked questions on UGC NET Notification are given below:
|Q. When is UGC NET Notification for December 2020 cycle release?|
A. The UGC NET notification for December 2020 cycle has released on February 2, 2021 on the official website.
|Q. What is last date to apply for UGC NET December 2020 cycle?|
A. The last date to fill online application for December 2020 cycle is March 2, 2021. The application fee can be paid up to March 3, 2021.
|Q. When is UGC NET exam scheduled for December 2020 cycle?|
A. The UGC NET exam for December 2020 cycle will be conducted on May 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 17 2021.
|Q. How many papers are there in UGC NET exam?|
A. There are two objective type of papers in UGC NET exam.
As you know that the UGC NET 2020 Exam is going to be conducted very soon, you should start focusing on the practice for the same. The UGC NET exam is one of the toughest exams in India. It needs some serious and dedicated preparation to crack it.
We hope that our article on UGC NET 2021 was useful for you. If you have any query or feedback to share with us, please feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest. In the end, we are winding up this article with best wishes for your exams on behalf of Embibe.404 Views