UGC NET 2020: The UGC NET application began on March 16, 2020, and the last date to apply has been extended till May 16, 2020. The University Grants Commission (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) will be conducted by NTA in multiple sessions between June 15 and 20, 2020. The UGC NET is an eligibility exam for Assistant Professors and Junior Research Fellowship positions in Indian Universities and Colleges. Candidates who clear the UGC NET Exam are also eligible for lucrative jobs in PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings). In this article, we provide you with all the essential information regarding UGC NET 2020.
|Latest: Candidates can now register for UGC NET 2020, as the applications are open till 16th May 2020. Click Here to apply now!|
UGC NET 2020: Overview
|Exam Name||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET)|
|Conducting Body||National Test Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
UGC NET 2020 Important Dates
|UGC NET Application Process||March 16, 2020, to May 16, 2020|
|UGC NET Admit Card||To Be Announced|
|UGC NET Exam Dates||To Be Announced|
|UGC NET Results||To Be Announced|
UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for applying to the UGC NET are detailed below:
UGC NET Academic Qualifications
- Candidate must have a postgraduate degree awarded by a recognized university. Final year students completing their post-graduation can apply as well.
- Candidates need a minimum of 55% marks in Post Graduation.
- SC/ ST, OBC, NCL, and PWD candidates are eligible with 50% marks
- Candidates who have finished their post-graduation by September 19, 1992, and possess a PhD degree are eligible for the exam. Also, such candidates are liable for 5% of relaxation in the aggregate marks.
- Transgender category candidates will also be liable for the same relaxation criteria as per SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates.
UGC NET Age Criteria
- For JRF, candidates of general category must have the maximum age of 30 years by January 01, 2020.
- For reserved category candidates, this limit can be relaxed by 5 years.
- Also, there will be a relaxation of 5 years for women candidates as well.
- Candidates with an L.L.M. degree are liable for a relaxation of 5 years.
There will be no upper age limit criteria for candidates applying for Assistant Lectureship.
Prerequisites For Filling UGC NET Online Form
It is advised that you keep your documents ready before you start filling the UGC NET 2020 Application Form. Therefore, the list of required documents is given below.
- University or Board Certificate for the proof of the candidate’s official name, Parent’s Name and Date of Birth.
- Aadhar Card.
- IDs like Bank Ac Number, Passport, Ration Card, Voter ID or any other official Government ID.
- Qualifying mark sheets or the mark sheet of last semester.
- Additionally, Mail address and Permanent address along with the respective Pin codes are also important.
- Four names of the cities as per the priorities.
- Subject Code of Post Graduation.
- Cast Category Certificate
- Physical Disability certificate
- Email address and Contact Number
- Scanned Images in JPG or JPEG format.
UGC NET 2020: Image Specifications
The UGC NET 2020 Registration Form will not be considered as completed without uploading the images as per the required format. Candidates are required to upload the passport pictures and signature samples in the digital format. Here we are including the specifications for your reference.
|Type of Image||Size of Image|
|Candidate’s Passport Photograph||Min 10 kb to Max 200 kb|
|Candidate’s signature copy||Min 4 kb to Max 30 kb|
How To Fill UGC NET Application Form?
UGC NET 2020 Application Process will be conducted between March 16, 2020, to May 16, 2020 (11:50 PM). The applications can only be made in the online mode on the UGC NET official website – nta.nic.in. Follow the below steps to apply for UGC NET 2020:
|Stage I: Registration|
- Visit the official website of NTA – ugcnet.nta.nic.in
- Click on – ‘Fill Online Application Form UGC NET June 2020’ present on the home page.
- A new page will open. Now click on the button “New Registration”.
- An instruction page will be displayed. Read it and click on the ‘checkbox’ present at the bottom of the page. Thereafter, click on the button ‘Click Here To Proceed‘.
- A new page will open. Enter your basic details, such as Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, etc.
- Once you have filled all the required details, click on the button “Submit”.
- After successful submission of the details, an Application Number and Password will be generated for you. Note them down.
|Stage II: Filling Up Of UGC NET Application|
- Once you have registered with NTA you now need to login to your account using the login credentials – Application Number and Password.
- Enter the following details:
Personal Details which include Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, etc.
Candidate’s Communication Details which includes Address, Locality, City, District, State, PIN Code, Permanent Address, etc.
Educational Details which includes details of Schools and Colleges studied in, Name of the Course, Name of the College, Year of Passing, etc.
Apart from the above details, candidates also need to choose their preferred exam centre, post applying for, subjects applied for, etc.
- After filling in all the details, verify them and click on “Submit”.
|Stage III: Uploading Photograph And Signature|
Candidates need to upload the scanned images of their Photograph and Signature as specified below:
- The scanned image must be in jpg/jpeg format.
- The size of the scanned image of the photograph should be between 10kb to 200kb and the dimension should be 3.5cm X 4.5 cm.
- The size of the scanned image of the signature should be between 4kb to 30kb and the dimension should be 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm.
- After uploading the document candidates must preview their uploaded images.
- Once completed click on the “Submit” button.
|Stage IV: Fee Payment|
- Once you have successfully uploaded the images, the next step is to pay the prescribed UGC NET application fee.
- Candidates need to pay the fees through online mode only.
- Choose one of the online payment methods and pay the application fee by entering all the required details.
- After the successful fee payment, take the print out of the application form for future reference.
|Note that the application form will be considered for further processing only after the successful payment of the fees. Also, preserve the hard copy of the filled application form without fail.|
UGC NET Application Fee
The application fee of UGC NET 2020 will be submitted online. Payment modes like Debit Card, Credit Card, and Net banking are accepted. On successful payment, a reference number will be created which should be saved for future reference. The amount of exam fee is as follows:
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender||250/-|
UGC NET 2020 Exam Pattern
The mode of UGC NET 2020 Exam is online. The pattern of the exam includes no negative marking criteria. The Exam will have a duration of 3 hours. There will be a total of 150 questions. UGC NET Exam pattern includes 300 marks as the maximum.
For each right answer, 2 marks will be added into the total marks secured by the candidates. Moreover, no negative marking criteria are there for wrong answers or the questions left unanswered.
UGC NET Admit Card 2020
The UGC NET Admit Card is an important document that you need to download and carry to the exam if you intend to appear for the UGC NET. It plays the role of a verification document of the candidature. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the UGC NET Admit Card to the exam hall. No entry is allowed without the UGC NET Admit Card into the exam hall. Some details included in the UGC NET Hall ticket are as follows.
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- Passport Size Picture
- Signature Copy
- Date and Time of the Exam
- Exam Venue Name and address
- Important Instructions
UGC NET 2020 Result
The UGC NET Result dates will be announced shortly. Candidates who successfully crack the examination will be eligible for job positions in institutes or universities. The rate of qualifying the UGC NET is very low. For instance, in 2019, more than 9.5 lakh candidates applied for the exam out of which, 44,001 qualified for Assistant Professorship while 3,883 candidates qualified for both JRF and Assistant Professors.
As you know that the UGC NET 2020 Exam is going to be conducted very soon, you should start focusing on the practice for the same. The UGC NET exam is one of the toughest exams in India. It needs some serious and dedicated preparation to crack it.
We hope that our article on UGC NET 2020 was useful for you. If you have any query or feedback to share with us, please feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you at the earliest. In the end, we are winding up this article with best wishes for your exams on behalf of Embibe.1894 Views