UGC NET 2019 | This year, National Test Agency (NTA) will conduct the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). The UGC NET is an eligibility exam for Assistant Professors and Junior Research Fellowship. The purpose of the exam is to provide them the eligibility for admissions into Indian Universities and Colleges as Assistant Professors or Junior Research Fellowships. The UGC NET Exam mode is CBT only. Moreover, there will be two papers in the exam pattern. The UGC NET 2019 Exam will include objective-based questions. Additionally, the Duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
The UGC NET Exam 2019 has been scheduled for June 2019 into multiple sessions. UGC NET 2019 Application process has begun on March 01, 2019. The last date of UGC NET Application form is March 30, 2019. Moreover, Candidates will be able to download the UGC NET Admit Card 2019 from May 15, 2019. There will be multiple sessions of UGC NET 2019 between June 20 and June 28, 2019. In this article, we will provide you with all the required information regarding the same.
UGC NET 2019 | Exam Overview
|Exam Name||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET)|
|Conducting Body||National Test Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
UGC NET 2019 | Important Dates
|UGC NET Application Process||March 01 to March 30, 2019|
|UGC NET Admit Card||May 15, 2019|
|UGC NET Exam Dates||June 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28, 2019|
|UGC NET Results||July 15, 2019|
UGC NET 2019 | How To Fill Application Form?
NTA will organize the UGC NET 2019 Application Process between March 01, 2019 to March 30, 2019. The UGC NET Application mode is online only. Moreover, candidates who are interested in applying for the exam can fill the same on the official website of UGC NET ntanet.nic.in. The UGC NET Application Form filling process will begin by creating an account on the portal. To make you understand the steps in detail, we are providing the stepwise information here.
- Step 1– Go on the official website of UGC NET ntanet.nic.in.
- Step 2– Click on the link titled as Fill Application Form- Sever 1.
- Step 3– Click on the link titled as Apply For UGC NET 2019.
- Step 5– Fill other required details like Name, DOB, Qualification etc.
- Step 6– Click on the Submit button after reviewing the details.
- Step 7– Pay the registration fee and do the final submission of the form.
- Step 8– Save the confirmation receipt as the proof for future references.
UGC NET 2019 | Application FEE
The application fee of UGC NET 2019 will be submitted online. Moreover, payment modes like Debit Card, Credit Card, and Net banking are accepted. Once submitted, there will be a payment receipt for the reference of the candidates who have filled the form successfully.
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender||200/-|
UGC NET 2019 | Details required
It is advised for you that you should keep your documents ready before you start filling the UGC NET 2019 Application Form. Therefore, the list of required documents is given below.
- University or Board Certificate for the proof of Candidate’s official name, Parent’s Name and Date of Birth.
- Aadhar Card.
- IDs like Bank Ac Number, Passport, Ration Card, Voter ID or any other official Government ID.
- Qualifying mark sheets or the mark sheet of last semester.
- Additionally, Mail address and Permanent address along with the respective Pin codes are also important.
- Four names of the cities as per the priorities.
- Subject Code of Post Graduation.
- Cast Category Certificate
- Physical Disability certificate
- Email address and Contact Number
- Scanned Images in JPG or JPEG format.
UGC NET 2019 | Image Specifications
The UGC NET 2019 Registration Form will not be considered as completed without uploading the images as per the required format. Candidates require to upload the passport pictures and signature samples in the digital format. Here we are including the specifications for your reference.
|Type of Image||Size of Image|
|Candidate’s Passport Photograph||Min 10 kb to Max 200 kb|
|Candidate’s signature copy||Min 4 kb to Max 30 kb|
UGC NET 2019 | Eligibility
Hence it is known that UGC NET is one of the most repetitive exams in India. So, candidates should be perfectly prepared for the same. The UGC NET Exam requires a master’s level of the proficiency to crack the exam. Here, we are providing you the detailed UGC NET Eligibility information for your reference.
UGC NET 2019 Academic Qualifications
- Candidate must have a postgraduate degree awarded by a recognized university. Final year students of masters can apply as well.
- Moreover, Candidates with a minimum of 55% marks in Post Graduation are eligible for the exam.
- SC/ ST, OBC, NCL, and PwD candidates are eligible with 50% of the marks.
- Candidates who finished their post-graduation by September 19, 1992, and possess a Ph.D. degree are eligible for the exam. Also, the candidates are liable for 5% of the relaxation in the aggregate marks.
- Transgender category candidates will also be liable for the same relaxation criteria as per SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates.
UGC NET 2019 Age Criteria
- For JRF, The UGC NET 2019 age criteria were 28 years for the candidates of general category. From now, candidates of general category must have the maximum age of 30 years by January 01, 2019.
- Moreover, reserved category candidates have the age relaxation of 5 years.
- Also, there will be relaxation criteria of 5 years for women candidates as well.
- Candidates with an L.L.M. degree are liable for a relaxation of 5 years.
- There will be no upper age limit criteria for the candidates of Assistant Professor’s post.
UGC NET 2019 | Exam Pattern
The mode of UGC NET 2019 Exam is online. The pattern of the exam includes no negative marking criteria. The Exam will have a duration of 3 hours. Candidates who are attempting the exam will answer There will be a total of 150 questions. Exam pattern includes 300 marks as the maximum.
For each right answer, 2 marks will be added into the total marks secured by the candidates. Moreover, no negative marking criteria are there for wrong answers or the questions left unanswered.
UGC NET 2019 | Admit Card
Hence you know that every official examination requires the Hall ticket to be downloaded. So, UGC NET 2019 Admit Card plays the role of verification document of the candidature. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the UGC NET Admit card to the exam hall. Moreover, no entry allowed without the UGC NET Admit Card into the exam hall. Some details included in the UGC NET Hall ticket are as follows.
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- Passport Size Picture
- Signature Copy
- Date and Time of the Exam
- Exam Venue Name and address
- Important Instructions
UGC NET 2019 | Result
The releasing date fixed for UGC NET Result is July 15, 2019. Candidates who successfully crack the examination will be eligible for job positions into institutes or universities. The purpose of the UGC NET Exam is to provide make candidates eligible for various assistant professor jobs. In 2018, more than 9.5 lakhs candidates applied for the exam. Among which, 44,001 assistant professors qualified the exam. Also, there were almost 3,883 qualified candidates for JRF and Assistant Professors both.
As you know that the time is still left for the UGC NET 2019 Exam, you should start focusing on the practice for the same. The UGC NET exam is one of the toughest exams in India, it needs some serious and dedicated preparation to crack it. However, candidates who are attempting the exam, it is advised that they should practice the exam syllabus repetitively. The repetitive practice will help candidates in memorizing the concepts. Moreover, it will also improve the problem-solving speed of the particular candidate.
We hope that our article on UGC NET 2019 was useful for you. If you have any query or feedback to share with us, please feel free to drop a comment below. We will get back to you within a very short time. In the end, we are winding up this article with best wishes for your exams on behalf of Embibe.