IBPS PO is one of the most competitive exams in India. It is conducted every year by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for selecting future Probationary Officers in public sector banks across India
Exam Stages: 3 (Preliminary, Main, and Personal Interview)
Mode of Exam: Online
Negative Marking: 0.25 marks
Time Duration: 1hr – Prelims & 3hrs 30min – Mains
Maximum Marks: 100 for Prelims and 225 for Mains
Best Books for IBPS PO
IBPS PO Books For English Language Section
- English Grammar by Wren & Martin
- English Grammar by SP Bakshi
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Practise Papers by Kiran Prakashan
IBPS PO Books For Quantitative Aptitude
- Competitive Aptitude for Competitive Examinations (S.Chand) R.S.Agarwal
- Arithmetic for General Competitions by Neetu Singh
IBPS PO Books For Reasoning Ability
- Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal (Arihant) by BS Sijwali
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
IBPS PO Books For Computer Aptitude
- Computer by Rani Ahilya
- Objective Computer Awareness by Somya Ranjan Behera
IBPS PO Books For General Awareness
- Banking and Economic Awareness by Rakesh Kumar
- Banking, Financial & General Awareness by I K Pavel
IBPS PO Books For Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Data Analysis & Interpretation Data Sufficiency by Kiran Prakashan
- Data Interpretation and Analysis for Banking and Insurance by Adda247 Publications
You can take the free bank PO mock tests of Embibe and keep track of how well prepared you are for the exam.
IBPS PO Preparation Plan For Prelims & Mains | Tips To Crack IBPS PO
IBPS PO is a highly competitive exam.
Your IBPS PO preparation plan should be a personalized one as every candidate is different from others.
- Create a realistic timetable. Spend 5-6 hours daily for studying. Allocate more time for sections and chapters you are weak.
- Develop reading and writing habits. Read newspapers, magazines, books, yearbooks on a daily basis. Develop the habit of writing as IBPS PO exam has a descriptive English Language section.
- Clear the basics. Clear the basic knowledge of all concepts and topics in the syllabus – the underlying theory behind them.
For English section, clear the basics of English grammar.
- Practice diligently. Solve practice questions every time you finish a chapter. Start with easy questions then move on to difficult and advanced questions.
- Improve your time management skills. Along with accuracy, you need speed so that you can finish off the entire paper on time. Cultivate the habit of moving on to the next question Don’t spend too much time on one question.
- Revise regularly. Allocate time for revision of chapters and topics that you already know. Otherwise, you will forget what you have learned.
- Take full-length IBPS PO mock tests. You need to assess your performance in the mock tests and work on your weak areas.
Take free mock tests on Embibe.
Increase your score with each test you take, get ready for the actual exam.