CSIR NET Application Form June 2020: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has opened the facility to make changes in the application form. Candidates can make changes in their CSIR NET application form till July 15. After the closure of application edit facility, the officials will release the CSIR NET Admit Card. The CSIR NET online registration started on March 16 and continued till June 30. The officials extended the last date to apply multiple times in this time span considering the difficulties faced by candidates amidst the coronavirus outbreak.
All the candidates who have successfully applied for the exam can edit the submitted application if required. Candidates can change the City of Exam Centres and other details. Visit the CSIR NTA official website – csirnet.nta.nic.in and log in using the ‘Application Number’ and ‘Password’ to make corrections in the application form. In this article, we have provided all the details on CSIR NET Application Form & Correction. Read on to find out!
Latest: CSIR NET Application Form Correction has begun. Complete the correction process on or before July 15, 2020. Click Here to read the official notice.
CSIR NET Application Form 2020
Before getting into the details of CSIR NET application process, let’s have an overview of the CSIR UGC NET 2020:
|Name of the Exam||CSIR UGC-NET 2020|
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Purpose of Exam||Selection for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship (LR)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test|
CSIR NET June 2020 Dates
Candidates need to be aware of the CSIR NET 2020 schedule. Check the CSIR NET 2020 dates from the table below:
|Events||CSIR NET Dates|
|Release of CSIR NET Online Application||March 16, 2020|
|Last Date to Apply for CSIR NET 2020 (June)||June 30, 2020 (5 PM)|
|Last Date for CSIR NET 2020 (June) Fee Payment||June 30, 2020 (11:50 PM)|
|CSIR NET Application Form Correction||July 06 to 15, 2020|
|Release of CSIR NET Admit Card||To be Announced|
|CSIR UGC-NET Exam Date||To be Announced|
CSIR NET Application Form Correction 2020
NTA has provided the opportunity to make corrections in the application form after the closure of online applications. Go through the points given below:
- All candidates who have to make any correction in the CSIR NET Application Form can make the corrections from July 06 to 15.
- Candidates will have to log in using their ‘Application Number’ and ‘Password’ to make the changes in certain fields.
- Candidates will have to make the changes and save the same. Also, he/she needs to review the details and make sure that all the information is correct.
- Once the CSIR NET Correction window ends no further opportunity will be provided for any changes and correction in the application form.
CSIR NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to check the CSIR NET 2020 eligibility criteria to make sure whether or not he/she is eligible for CSIR NET 2020. Go through CSIR NET eligibility criteria mentioned below:
Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian National.
- i) For Junior Research Fellowship: The maximum age limit to apply for JRF is 28 years as on 01.01.2020.
However, there is relaxation in the upper age limit for candidates belonging to reserved categories. Check the CSIR NET age relaxation details below:
|OBC (NCL)||3 Years|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female||5 Years|
- ii) Lectureship: No upper age limit.
- Candidates must have an MSc or equivalent degree/Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS degree or B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree or must be enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with aggregate marks of 55% for General and OBC categories and 50% for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Candidates holding a Bachelor’s Degree will be eligible for the Fellowship only if he/she gets enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
- Also, note that candidates possessing only a Bachelor’s Degree are eligible to apply for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and not for Lectureship (LS).
Prerequisites For CSIR UGC-NET 2020 Application Form
Candidates will have to be ready with the following before applying for the CSIR NET 2020 – June session:
- A valid mobile number and email ID
- Scanned copy of the photograph (file size: 10 kb – 200 kb)
- A scanned copy of signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb)
Scanned copy of Category Certificate (if applicable)for now, not compulsory as per the directions by NTA. Scanned copy of PWD Certificate (if applicable)for now, not compulsory as per the directions by NTA.
- Qualifying Degree Certificate or Marksheet (only for reference to fill the form, not for upload)
Duly verified Result Awaited Attestation Form (only for result awaited category)for now, not compulsory as per the directions by NTA.
Steps To Apply Online For CSIR NET 2020
The application process consists of four stages. Check the stages to apply online for CSIR NET 2020.
- Online Registration
- Fill the Online Application Form
- Upload Scanned Images (Photo and Signature)
- Pay CSIR NET Examination Fee
How To Apply For CSIR UGC-NET 2020?
As mentioned above, the CSIR NET application form will be released in the online mode. Candidates can either complete the application process in multiple stages or at once. The steps to apply online for CSIR NET 2020 are as follows:
Stage 1: CSIR NET Online Registration
- — 1st Step: Visit the official website – csirnet.nta.nic.in
- — 2nd Step: Now click on the button – ‘Fill Online Application Form Joint CSIR- UGC NET June 2020’ present at the bottom of the home page. (Refer to the image below)
- — 3rd Step: A new page will open. Now click on the ‘New Registration‘ button present on the left-hand side of the page. (If already registered, click on ‘Sign In’ button. Refer to the image below.)
- — 4th Step: An instruction page will open. Read the instructions, scroll down and check the box at the bottom which says – ‘I have downloaded Information Bulletin, read and understood all the instructions‘. Now click on the button ‘Click here to Proceed‘. (Refer to the image below)
- — 5th Step: In this step, enter your name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, password, security question, and other basic details. Then click on the ‘Submit‘ button to register for CSIR UGC- NET 2020 – June.
- — 6th Step: Once the details are submitted, an Application Number will be generated. Make a note of it for future reference.
Stage 2: Fill Application Form
- — 7th Step: Now log in using the generated ‘Application Number’ and the created ‘Password’.
- — 8th Step: Fill in the application form with personal information, examination related details, contact details, etc. After filling these details, click on the ‘Next’ button.
Stage 3: Upload Images
- — 9th Step: Upload the scanned copies of photo, signature, and other required documents in the prescribed formats. Check the file size and format from the table below.
|Photograph||10 – 200 kb||JPG/ JPEG|
|Signature||4 – 30 kb.||JPG/ JPEG|
|Result Awaited Attestation Form (If Applicable)||50 – 500 kb||JPG/ JPEG|
|Category Certificate (If Applicable)||50 – 300 kb||JPG/ JPEG|
|PwD Certificate (If Applicable)||50 – 300 kb||JPG/ JPEG|
- — 10th Step: Verify the details entered in the preview mode. Candidates can either edit the details if needed or can submit the details.
Stage 4: Fee Payment
- — 11th Step: Proceed towards the application fee payment section. Choose an appropriate online fee payment mode such as Credit Card/ Debit Card / Net Banking/ PAYTM. Enter the required details and complete the fee payment to generate the fee-receipt.
- — 12th Step: Take 4 copies of print out of the filled CSIR NET application form and fee receipt for future reference.
CSIR NET Application Fee 2020
In order to complete the CSIR NET online application process, candidates will have to pay the CSIR NET application fee, in the online mode (using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking/ PAYTM). The CSIR NET application fee is non-refundable. The details are mentioned below.
|Category||CSIR NET Application Fee (Rs.)|
Note that, after successful payment, candidates must take a printout of ‘CSIR NET Application Fee Receipt’ and preserve it for future reference.
CSIR NET 2020: Apply For JRF Or LS?
CSIR NET is conducted to select eligible candidates for Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and Lectureship (LS)/ Assistant Professor. Candidates must choose from JRF and LS while filling the application form. So, go through the following points to check whether to apply for LS or JRF.
- A candidate can either apply for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) or Lectureship (LS).
- Candidates will have to choose their preference while filling the CSIR NET online application form. The choice made by the candidate will be final and no provision for any change will be allowed in the future.
- However, if a candidate applies for JRF and also fulfils the eligibility criteria for LS, such candidates will be considered for both JRF and LS
- If a candidate is found over-aged for JRF (NET) then, he/she will be automatically considered for Lectureship (NET) provided he/she meets the laid down LS eligibility criteria.
CSIR NET 2020: Important Links
Check the CSIR NET 2020 Important links from the table below:
|CSIT NET Application Form Correction Link||Click Here|
|CSIR NET New Registration Link||Click Here|
|CSIR NET Login Link||Click Here|
|CSIR NET Exam Centre List||Click Here|
|CSIR NET Information Bulletin PDF||Click Here|
CSIR NET Application Form: Frequently Asked Questions
Go through the frequently asked questions about CSIR NET 2020 Application Form from below:
A. Yes, the CSIR NET online application form has been released on March 16.
A. The last date for submission of online application form is June 30.
A. The CSIR NET Application correction has begun and will end on July 15, 2020.
A. The application fee is Rs. 1000/- for General & EWS category, Rs. 500 for OBC (NCL), Rs. 250/- for SC/ ST and No Fee for PWD candidates.
A. No, candidates cannot apply for the CSIR NET 2020 in offline mode.
A. The scanned photo must have a size of 10- 200 kb and the signature should be 4-30 kb.
A. There is no requirement to upload educational certificates and mark sheets. However, if applicable, candidates will have to upload Category certificate, PWD Certificate & Result Awaited Attestation Form.
A. For now, as per the latest notice released by NTA, it is not compulsory to upload the documents with the application form. Click Here to read the CSIR UGC NET official notification.
We have now provided you with all the details on CSIR UGC NET Application Form. Candidates applying for the posts need to go through these details to avoid inconveniences. Also, make sure that you complete the CSIR NET Application process well on time to avoid the last-minute rush.
Meanwhile, also focus on your CSIR NET preparation. With the knowledge of CSIR NET Exam Pattern and CSIR NET Syllabus, prepare a plan for yourself. Cover the syllabus on time. Revise and practice regularly. Also, take CSIR NET mock tests and solve CSIR NET Question Papers to know your mistakes and weaknesses and to improve your score.
The aptitude section in the CSIR exam is common to all subjects papers and to prepare for this section at the initial level you can take free Aptitude Mock Tests and Banking Mock Tests at Embibe. This will help you in solving the basic aptitude questions and building strong basics.
We hope this article on CSIR NET Application Form helps you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will get back to you at the earliest.3633 Views