JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020: The JEE Main eligibility criteria released by NTA through the official website includes details about requirements of age limit, educational qualification, and subjects. Those candidates who wish to appear for JEE Main 2020 exam must meet the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 specified by the officials. The officials also release the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for Droppers, Diploma Holders, etc., Candidates must go through the eligibility criteria thoroughly before filling out the JEE Main Application Form.
JEE Main exam is conducted twice a year from the year of 2019. The first session is conducted in the month of January and the second session in the month of April. Candidates can appear for both the sessions. In this article, we will provide you with JEE Main eligibility criteria 2020 for both the papers (Paper 1 – B.E/B.Tech Course & Paper 2 – B. Arch/B. Planning). Read on to find out everything about the Eligibility of JEE Main 2020.
NTA has begun the facility to change the JEE Main 2020 exam centres again for
AprilMay session – Click Here.
NTA has also started the JEE Main application form correction facility again. Candidates can make changes till May 3, 2020.
The exam officials have postponed the JEE Main 2020 exam for April’s attempt to the last week of May. The JEE Main Admit Card is likely to released after April 15.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates who wish to choose their career stream in the field of Engineering and who desire to secure admission in the prestigious IITs, NITs, IIITw, etc. can take up the JEE Main exam. JEE Main 2020 exam acts as a preliminary exam or qualifying exam for appearing in JEE Advanced. It is also the exam through which candidates can secure admission in IIITs, NITs, CFITs, etc. The detailed JEE Main eligibility criteria 2020 consist of various parameters which are stated below:
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020: Nationality
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- NRIs, PIOs, OCIs & Foreign national candidates can also apply for JEE main 2020.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020: Age Limit
- There is no age limit for appearing in JEE Main 2020 examination.
- Candidates who have cleared their Class 12 or equivalent exam in 2018 and 2019 are eligible to take this exam.
- Those candidates who about take their Class 12 or equivalent exam in the academic year 2020 can also take the JEE Main exam.
- The candidates should meet the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020: Year Of Appearance in Qualifying Exam
- Students who have cleared their Class XII exam in the academic year of 2018 or 2019 are eligible to take this examination.
- Candidates who are appearing for the Class 12 exam in the academic year of 2020 can also appear for this examination.
- Those candidates who cleared their exams in the year 2017 or before 2017 are not eligible to take this examination.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020: Subjects In Qualifying Exam
- Candidates must have taken at least 5 subjects in Class 12 or equivalent exam to appear for JEE Main examination.
- Those candidates who have only 4 subjects in Class 12 or equivalent exam are not eligible to appear for JEE Main 2020 examination.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020: Number of Attempts
- Candidates can appear for JEE Main exam for three consecutive years.
- As the JEE Main exam will be conducted twice, candidates can appear for the exam both the times.
- However, the attempt for a particular academic year will be considered as one attempt only.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020: JEE Main Qualifying Exam
- Candidates must pass their Class 12 exam from any recognized board.
- NIOS students can also apply for JEE Main 2020 exam as the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) also comes under the Association of Indian Universities.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020: Important Snippets
- If a candidate has already appeared for JEE Main twice and has also skipped the exam once, he/she is not eligible for JEE Main 2020.
- Candidates who were not able to pass the exam in 2017 and have passed in the year 2018 will not be eligible.
Note: If you fulfill all the above JEE Main criteria, you can appear for the exam. If there is any change in the JEE Main eligibility criteria, it will be updated here.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020: B. Arch /B. Planning
The JEE Main eligibility for B.Arch/B. Planning admissions are listed below:
- Candidate must have Mathematics as a compulsory subject among 5 subjects.
- Candidate must have secured at least 75% in Maths in Class 12 or equivalent subject.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria For Admission To NITs, IIITs and CFTIs
The eligibility criteria for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs are listed below:
- Candidates must have secured at least minimum 75% marks in Class 12 or an equivalent exam or he/she must have secured top 20 percentile in their Class 12 board exam respectively.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ST must have secured at least 65% marks in their Class 12 exam.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria For Droppers
- There is no age limit for the Class 12 droppers.
- It is necessary that candidates have cleared their Class 12 exams in the academics year of 2018 or 2019 only.
- Candidates must have at least 5 subjects in their Class 12 exam out of which Physics and Maths are compulsory.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 For Admission To Other Institutions
- The eligibility criteria policy for NITs, IIITs, and CFITs will be adopted by many other participating institutes in JoSAA/CSAB Counselling.
- In case a State opts to admit students in the engineering colleges affiliated to state universities, the state would prepare a separate rank based on various parameters.
Eligibility For Appearing In JEE Advanced 2020
The JEE Advanced 2020 eligibility criteria are listed below:
- Candidates who have cleared Class 12 or an equivalent exam can appear for JEE Advanced exam.
- Those candidates who are taking Class 12 exams in the year 2020 can also appear for this exam.
- Candidates must have appeared and cleared the JEE Main 2020 exam.
- Admissions to IITs will be based only on category-wise All India Rank.
- Candidates who took JEE Main or JEE Advanced exam in 2018 or earlier are not eligible.
- A candidate should not have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR accepted the IIT seat by reporting at a reporting center in the past.
- Candidates whose admission at IITs was canceled are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 – Important Dates
The JEE Main 2020 important dates are tabulated below:
|Examination||JEE Main January 2020 Dates|
JEE Main April 2020 Dates
|JEE Main Registration Dates||2nd September 2019||7th February 2020|
|Last Date To Fill JEE Main Application Form||30th September 2019||12th March 2020|
|JEE Main Admit Card||6th December 2019||To Be Notified|
|Exam Dates||6th to 11th January 2020||To Be Notified|
|JEE Main Result||31st January 2020||To Be Notified|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 FAQs
The frequently asked questions regarding JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 are listed below:
Q1. Is there any Age limit For JEE mains?
A1. The candidates who have passed the XII examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) Examination – 2020.
Q2. What is the Lower age Limit for JEE Mains?
A2. The minimum Age limit for JEE Main is 17 years.
Q3. What is the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 for droppers?
A3. Even droppers can apply for JEE Main 2020 but the candidate must have passed their class 12 exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2019 or 2018.
Q4. What is the JEE Main Eligibility marks in 12th?
A4. There are no minimum marks criteria to appear for JEE main. However, candidates need to satisfy the marks criteria of the institution in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
Q5. If a candidate who has passed the qualifying exam in 2019 but is appearing for improvement in 2020. Is he eligible?
A5. Yes, the candidate is eligible to appear for JEE main 2019.
Q6. If a candidate has passed his class 12 from one state and is appearing for an improvement exam from another state then which state code of eligibility will he be entering?
A6. The candidate has to enter the state code of the state from which he/she has passed the exam.
Q7. What will be the state of eligibility for the Indian Nationals who have passed the equivalent qualifying exam from an institution from abroad?
A7. In this case, the state of eligibility will be determined on the basis of permanent address in India as mentioned on the passport of the candidate.
Q8. What should be the state of eligibility for candidates who have passed or appearing class 12 from NIOS?
A8. Candidates who have passed or appearing for class 12 from NIOS should select the state of eligibility according to the state in which the test centre is located.
Q9. In which case the state of eligibility is not applicable?
A9. The State of Eligibility is not eligible for the candidates belonging to Nepal / Bhutan / Foreign / OCI / PIO.
Q10. How many times a student can appear in one year?
A10. As per the new scheme, the JEE (Main) – 2019 exam would be conducted twice in a year. Candidates can appear for the exam both the times. The number of attempts for admission in a particular academic session will be treated as One.
Q11. What is JEE Main Eligibility for diploma holders?
A11. To appear in JEE (Advanced) a diploma holder can apply in JEE (Main) – 2019 but his/her rank and NTA score for JEE (Main) will not be declared as diploma holders cannot apply for admission to NITs and CFTIs through JEE (Main) channel.
Q.12. What is JEE Main eligibility marks in 12th for OBC?
A12. You must score a minimum of 75% in your 12th or equivalent board. Along with this, you must have cleared Maths, Physics, Chemistry subjects to be eligible for an IIT or NIT admission.
Q.13. I gave my 12th in 2018, am I eligible for JEE Mains 2020?
A13. Yes, candidates who have taken their Class 12 exam in the academic year of 2018 can take up the JEE Mains 2020 examination.
Q.14. How many times can I attempt the JEE Mains? I had attempted the JEE Mains in April 2018 and attempted it again in January and April 2019, am I eligible for the JEE Mains 2020?
A14. Candidates can appear for the JEE Mains exam for 3 consecutive years. JEE Main exam is conducted twice a year from the year of 2019. If you have appeared for the January session and are also going to appear for the April/May session, it will be considered as only one attempt because the attempt for the particular year is considered to be only one attempt.
Q.15 I have passed my +2 in 2017. Am I eligible for JEE Mains 2020?
A15. No, candidates who have taken their exams in the academic year of 2017 are not eligible for JEE Mains 2020 exam.
JEE Main is highly competitive. In order to crack this exam and ensure your admission to your dream college, you must score as high as possible. Embibe provides JEE Main study materials and JEE Main practice questions for free. You can also take JEE Main mock tests and get detailed feedback on your tests.
We hope this detailed information regarding JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 helps you. If you have any query related to JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020 or about the exam in general, feel free to comment below. We will get back to you.1136 Views