Last Minute Tips For JEE Main 2019: JEE Main has long been considered as the gateway for admission in India’s top Engineering and Technical Institutes and even variation of one or two marks may result in the variation of rank in thousands and this, in turn, makes this exam a highly competitive one. Now that the exam is around the corner, your behavioral attitude and proper utilization of the last few days play a crucial role in getting good marks in the exam.
WhatsApp us questions from JEE Main April 2019 on 9353101144, get their LIVE solutions on Embibe and get assured Amazon Vouchers. *T&C apply
|JEE Main 2019 9th Jan- Shift 1||Take Test|
|JEE Main 2019 9th Jan- Shift 2||Take Test|
|JEE Main 2019 10th Jan- Shift 1||Take Test|
|JEE Main 2019 10th Jan- Shift 2||Take Test|
|JEE Main 2019 11th Jan- Shift 1||Take Test|
|JEE Main 2019 11th Jan- Shift 2||Take Test|
|JEE Main 2019 12th Jan- Shift 1||Take Test|
|JEE Main 2019 12th Jan- Shift 2||Take Test|
Last Minute Tips for JEE Main 2019
- Keep Away Negativity: Be aware of the negative thoughts surrounding your mind. If you are confident about 15 out of the 20 chapters in any subject, then don’t think about those 5 chapters which you are not sure of, in the last few days of the exam. Even if you secure 180 marks in total (i.e. 50% of marks) you will get a seat in good NITs.
- Focus on Time Management: Solve JEE Main Previous Year Papers at the exact time of that of the actual exam. For instance, if the real exam is to be conducted at 3 in the noon, candidates should also take their mock test at 3 so as to match their biological clock with that of the real exam timing. Following the same timing as that of the real JEE will make the candidates habituated to the schedule and they will not face any unwanted issue during the exam.
- Minimize Your Interaction: It is often said that interaction before the exam often leads to unnecessary thoughts and view. Try to mingle less with your peers or other candidates before the exam as this may lead to a conflict of ideas or opinions and in turn lower down your morale and confidence.
- Do not Juggle With Topics: While preparing for the exam, always complete one topic fully then move on to the other one. Juggling between 2-3 topics at the same time will lead to unwanted confusion. Complete one topic and then move on to the other one. This habit will keep you well informed and well prepared on each topic.
- Optimize Your Exam Taking Strategy: As per the general trend, 50% questions of JEE comes out to be easy. Look for such questions and solve them on a priority basis. Do not get nervous when you see a series of tough questions at the beginning of the paper, go ahead with the test and you will find easy ones too. Do not give up just by looking at the beginning, there is always a possibility of finding a less complicated set of questions as you move forward.
- Revise Important Topics: Revise only the important and essential topics. Do not waste time on revising the less important topics. Doing so will eventually lead to a waste of time.
- Have Sound Sleep: Get sound sleep. Nothing works out when your mind is tired. Schedule a routine of sleeping for 6-7 hours daily. Sleep and eat at the same time to make your body aware of the timing. Your body will find it hard to adjust to last minute change in your daily pattern and this, in turn, will have an impact on your exam taking ability.
- Reach the Exam Hall Before Time: Reach the exam centre one or two hours before the time for the exam. Doing so will prepare you for the better. You will get the chance to adjust to the atmosphere at the exam centre. Also, it is always better to reach the venue before time to avoid any panic situation.
Last Minute Tips for JEE Main While Writing the Exam
- Read all the instructions carefully so that you do not end up missing any important ones. Before you start writing the exam, utilize the reading time to go through the instructions. Doing so will keep you away from thinking anything disturbing. Take a deep breath and stay composed before starting off with any subject you are confident in (prefer starting off with chemistry since it requires less calculation).
- Now, identify 5-6 simple questions and solve them with perfection. This will boost up your confidence to go further without hesitation. Do not give up if you find tough questions, in the beginning, go ahead with the exam and as you move forward you will come across less complex questions as well.
- Complete one section fully and then move on to the next one. Do not confuse yourself by tossing from one section to the other. This will create confusion and hamper your time duration to solve the paper as well.
- Save 15% of the time for last minute revision or a simple go through the whole paper. Do not submit the paper before revising it completely. Generally, candidates think of the best of answers while revising through the paper.