NEET Registration 2021: National Testing Agency (NTA) closed the registration and correction window for NEET 2021 UG exam. For registered candidates, NTA has released the NEET Exam Center City link via the official website on August 21. By entering their application number, date of birth, and security pin, candidates can check and download their Examination City Intimation Slip. The NEET Admit Card 2021 will be released via the official website in the second week of September 2021. NEET 2021 exam will be conducted on September 12, 2021.
NEET Registration 2021 started on NEET Application Form 2021 release date, i.e. July 13, 2021, and ended on August 10th, 2021. For the first time, the NEET application form 2021 has been divided into two phases. The first set of information was to be filled before the last date of application, i.e. August 10, 2021. However, the second set of information has to be filled up before the declaration of result/downloading of scorecards, during the period that would be notified later.
Latest- NEET 2021 Hall Ticket Released!
The NEET Application Form 2021 was available in online mode only. Only one NEET Application Form is permitted per candidate. Candidates must thoroughly check the eligibility criteria and instructions provided in the Information Bulletin before starting the NEET Registration 2021 process. Candidates not complying with the given instructions shall be disqualified.
Looking at the two phases of the NEET Application Form, candidates should know that the first phase of the NEET 2021 Application Form consists of registration, filling out the application form, uploading required documents & scanned images, payment of the application fee, and taking a print out of the confirmation page. Accordingly, the second phase of the application form includes additional information related to the first phase, such as parents’ income details, residential address, and more educational details.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the exam conducted for admissions in the Medical and Dental Courses throughout the country. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is the sole conducting body responsible for conducting the NEET exam once a year. For the first time, NEET 2021 will be conducted in 13 languages, compared to 11 languages previously, in pen paper-based mode. Let’s discuss the steps for successful NEET registration 2021 to make the process simpler for you.
In this article, we have provided you with detailed information about filling up the NEET registration form, documents required for NEET 2021 application form, the procedure to reset your password, the process to get your registration number, eligibility criteria, etc. Continue reading this article to know more.
Latest Notification regarding NEET Application Form 2021
NEET 2021 Registration – Overview
Around 16 lakh aspirants appear for NEET every year for approximately 1.63 lakh seats in different medical and dental colleges. That says a lot about the kind of competition that medical aspirants must undergo as they start their NEET preparation.
Before we get into the details of the NEET 2021 registration form, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Courses||MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, BVSc & AH|
|Total Seat||Around 1.63 lakhs|
|Course Duration||MBBS: 4½ years with a 1-year compulsory rotating internship|
BDS: 4 years with a 1-year compulsory rotating internship
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Mode of the Exam||Pen and Paper-based (Offline)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Negative Marking||Yes (-1 for every incorrect answer)|
NEET Application Form 2021 Release Date and Time
NTA has released the official NEET Exam Dates 2021. The NEET Application form 2021 release dates and other important events can be checked in the table below.
NEET 2021 Application Form Dates
|NEET Online Registration||July 13, 2021|
|Last date to Apply|
August 10, 2021 (up to 9:50 PM)
|Last Date for Payment of Application Fees|
August 10, 2021 (up to 11:50 PM)
|NEET Application Form 2021 Correction Window||August 11 to 14, 2021 (2:00 PM)|
|Release of NEET Admit Card||September 6, 2021|
|NEET 2021 Exam Date||September 12, 2021|
|Declaration of results||To be notified|
NEET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure they fulfil the following NEET eligibility criteria before filling up the application form:
NEET Exam Eligibility Criteria
|1. NEET 2021 – Age Limit|
|A student must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission under NEET eligibility or complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of their admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course. The upper age limit for general candidates is 25 years. For candidates belonging to reserved categories and PwD categories, the upper age limit is 30 years. However, the decision on the upper age limit is pending before the Hon’ble Supreme Court, so all candidates are provisionally permitted to apply for NEET 2021. Note that candidates will have to upload proof of their date of birth while filling up the NEET Application Form.|
|2. NEET 2021 – Educational Qualification|
|A. The candidate must have passed in Class 12 Board Exams from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Bio-technology and English as compulsory subjects. |
B. The candidate must have passed these above-mentioned subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology in the qualifying examination.C. For candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination must be 40% instead of 50% for General candidates. For PwD candidates, the minimum qualifying mark is 45%.
D. Those who are appearing in the Class XII examination in 2021 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions in the NEET notification later.
E. NIOS students and students with Biology as an Additional Subject can also appear for NEET 2021.
|3. NEET 2021 – 15% All India Quota|
|Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% of All India Quota Seats.|
Please note that there is no attempt limitation for NEET 2021.
Documents Required for NEET 2021 Application Form
Candidates must keep the following documents ready before filling up the NEET Application Form 2021.
- Valid Mobile Number.
- Valid Email Address.
- Scanned images of Candidate’s latest passport size photograph (10 – 200 kb in size)
- Scanned image of the candidate’s signature (4-30 kb in size)
- Class 10 passing certificate.
- Class 10 mark sheet.
- Class 12 mark sheet (for those who have passed the exam).
- Class 12 passing certificate.
- Left hand thumb impression (10-50 kb in size) in JPEG file format
- Post-card size photograph (4″ x 6″) (50-300 kb in size)
- Credit Card/Debit card, Net Banking and UPI payment gateway details (for online payment).
Documents Required for NEET Registration Form 2021 – Specification
Candidates must check the below specification before filling in the NEET form.
|Documents||Specifications||Size and Format|
|Photograph||Passport size & postcard size Photo (both)||10 Kb to 200 Kb (JPG/JPEG)|
|The photo must not be older than 3 months.|
|The candidate’s name and date must be printed below the photograph.|
|Signature||Candidate’s Signature in black ink on white background||4 Kb to 30 Kb (JPG/JPEG)|
|Thumb impression||Left-hand thumb impression|
It should be on white paper with blue ink
|10 Kb to 50 Kb (JPG/JPEG)|
|Class 10th Passing Certificate||A clear pdf copy of the passing certificate||50 Kb to 300 Kb (PDF)|
How To Fill Up NEET Application Form 2021?
In this section, we have provided the steps to fill up the NEET 2021 application form. Candidates must ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria mentioned above before filling up the NEET online form 2021.
- NEET 2021 Registration.
- Filling the application form of NEET 2021.
- Uploading the required documents.
- Application fee payment of NEET 2021.
- Printing of confirmation page.
Step 1st – NEET Registration 2021
- Go to the official website of NEET: neet.nta.nic.in and click on the link provided for NEET registration 2021.
- Read the instructions carefully and then proceed on to fill up the NEET 2021 registration form.
- Enter your basic details like name, valid email ID and mobile number, etc.
- You will also have to set your password as per the guidelines provided.
- After submission of the online NEET 2021 registration form, your Application Number will be generated by the system. Note it down for your reference.
Step 2nd – NEET Apply Online 2021
Enter the following details in the NEET online application form 2021:
- Name of the Candidate
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Physical Disability Details if Applicable
- Identification Type
- Identification Number
- Valid Email ID
- Valid Mobile Number
Details About Exam:
1. Medium of Question Paper (to be selected from English, Bengali, Assamese, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Gujarati, Oriya and Marathi).
2. Preferred Exam Center.
1. Class 10 Details (Name of School, Board, Percentage of Marks obtained).
2. Class 12 Details if Available (Subject-wise Marks Obtained for Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology, English).
1. Detailed Address for Correspondence
To complete the NEET registration 2021, candidates must verify the above details and submit them. The next step for registration of NEET 2021 would be:
- Choose Password – The next step would be to choose a password.
- OTP Verification – Click on the OTP verification to verify.
- Generation of Provisional Application Number of NEET 2021 – A provisional application no. will be displayed on the screen. Note down the application number as it is the NEET login ID 2021 for all future logins.
Step 3rd – Uploading Of Documents & Scanned Images
Upload scanned images of the documents listed above. The specifications of the documents to be uploaded are given below:
NEET Application Form 2021 – Requirements Of Photograph:
- 1. The photograph should be recent. It must not be older than 3 months. The candidate’s name and the date of taking the photograph must be indicated clearly in the photograph.
- 2. It should be a passport size photo with a white background.
- 3. Do not wear any accessory and ensure that your face is clearly visible.
- 4. Dimension of a passport size photo = 3.5 cm (width) * 4.5 cm (height).
- 5. Scan it at 200 dpi in a scanner.
- 6. Save it as a jpeg format with a size between 10 kb to 200 kb.
NEET Application Form – Requirements of Signature
- 1. Make a rectangle of 3.5 cm (width) and 1.5 cm (height) and sign inside the box.
- 2. Scan it at 200 dpi in a scanner and crop the image.
- 3. Save it as jpg/jpeg with size between 4 kb to 30 kb
Step 4th – Payment Of NEET Application Form Fee
Make a payment of the NEET Application Fee. The NEET fee 2021 can be paid in online mode only. The NEET application form fee for different categories are tabulated below:
NEET 2021 Application Form Fee
|Category||NEET Application Fee|
|General / OBC||Rs. 1500|
|Other Backward Class||Rs. 1400|
|SC / ST / PH||Rs. 800|
Application Fee Payment Mode: The NEET fee 2021 can be remitted in the following ways:
- By Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Net Banking.
Step 5th – Print NEET 2021 Confirmation Page
Download, save and print copies of NEET Confirmation Page after successful remittance of application fee and keep copies safely for future reference (till the admission process is over).
Documents to be Retained Till Admission Process is Over
Please keep all these documents for future reference:
- Proof of remittance of NEET application fee.
- Computer Generated Confirmation Page of NEET Online Application Form.
- Copy of the System generated Self Declaration in respect of candidates from UTs of J&K and Ladakh who have opted for seats under 15% AIQ (All India Quota).
NEET Login 2021: Forgot Password?
Candidates usually need to log in to their account on the NTA website through the NEET login page, and it is seen that students often forget their password and then wonder how to tackle the issue. Thus, we bring you the steps for NEET Password Recovery, which will help you log in to your account.
- Step 1: Visit the Official Website – ntaneet.nic.in and click – “Candidate Login”.
- Step 2: Enter your Application Number and Password to log in to your account.
- Step 3: Now click on – “Forgot Password?“. Now you have two options either to reset your password using OTP or using Security Question.
- Step 4: Password Recovery using OTP
- – Enter the details such as Application Number, Candidates Name and Date of Birth.
- – Enter the security pin and click on – “Submit”
- – You will receive an OTP. Using this OTP candidate needs to reset the password by creating a new one.
- – Your password is now changed to the new password which you need to remember.
- Step 5: Password Recovery using Security Question
- – Enter the details such as Application Number, Candidate’s Name, Date of Birth, Security Question and the Answer.
- – You need to choose the same security question (from the drop-down menu) which you chose during filling the NEET Application Form.
- – Enter the security question and click on – “Submit”.
- – Once the candidate has authenticated himself by entering all these details. He/She can now have a new password.
- You need to now create and confirm the new password and also remember it.
NEET Login 2021: Forgot Application Number?
If the candidate has to get his application number, then they need to go through the steps listed as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the Official Website and click – “Forgot Registration Number”.
- Step 2: Enter the details like – Candidates Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Category and Security Pin. Now click on “Submit”.
- Step 3: The authorities will now be providing the link to get their NEET 2021 application number. Candidates now need to note their registration number for logging into your account in future.
NEET Registration 2021: Important Points To Note
It is important to read and understand the eligibility criteria before filling the NEET application form 2021. You should also know and keep your documents related to your domicile and educational qualifications ready with yourself. The following are some of the important points to note before you fill-up the NEET 2021 application form:
- NEET Regsitration Form 2021 will have to be submitted only in the online mode.
- NEET online form of candidates submitting false and fabricated information will not be considered and such candidates will be further debarred from appearing in examinations conducted by the NTA. Incomplete NEET application form and applications not in accordance with the NEET notification will not be considered and are liable to be rejected.
- NEET application form fee will neither be carried forward to a future examination nor refunded under any circumstances. Submission of online NEET application form and remittance of application fee would close as per the schedule given and no request for an extension of time etc. shall be entertained. NEET application form once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
- Instructions in the Information Bulletin of the NEET notification are liable to change based on decisions taken by the NTA and other authorities from time to time.
- NTA reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the NEET (UG) even though he has filled the NEET application form and the Roll Number and Admit Card has been issued by the Board.
- Candidate’s eligibility for NEET (UG) is purely provisional and is subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria in the NEET notification as prescribed by the MOH & FW / MCI / DCI / Board / MCC.
- In case of any ambiguity in the interpretation of any of the instructions, terms, rules, criteria regarding the determination of eligibility/conduct of examination/registration of candidates/information contained therein, the interpretation of the NTA shall be final and binding.
- The conduct of the NEET (UG) Examination will be under video surveillance. Candidates are required to keep their head in the upright position and face the camera during the videography so that their identity could be clearly established.
- Candidates are advised to regularly check NTA official website for any further updates or information on the NEET notification.
NEET Correction Window For NEET 2021 Application Form
Candidates who will apply for NEET will be given a chance to make any corrections in the application form if needed. The NEET application correction window is open now till August 14, 2021, and candidates can use this time to correct any information if they’ve filled it incorrectly.
Candidates can make corrections in all fields such as:
- The spelling of the names
- Photograph Uploaded
- Medium of Instruction
- Preference of Examination Test city
- Educational Qualification Details
- Date of Birth
- Other personal details etc.
How To Correct NEET Application Form Using NEET Correction Window?
The step by step procedure to correct the details mentioned in the NEET Application form is as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official Website of NTA NEET 2021.
- Step 2: Click on “NEET correction window
- Step 3: A new page opens. Enter your ‘Application Number’ and ‘Password’ and click on “Login”.
- Step 4: The NEET correction window will open. Now, click on button stating “Click Here for corrections in NEET 2021 application”.
- Step 5: Make the necessary changes as per the requirement and click on “preview and submit”.
- Step 6: An OTP will be sent to your registered Email ID and Mobile number. Verify the received OTP.
- Step 7: Take the printout of the correction slip from the button provided on the screen.
NEET Registration Dates – Year wise Trends
|Year||Registration Start Date||Registration Last Date|
|2021||July 13, 2021||August 10, 2021|
|2020||December 2, 2019||January 6, 2020|
|2019||November 1, 2018||December 7, 2018|
|2018||February 8, 2018||March 9, 2018|
|2017||January 31, 2017||March 1, 2017|
NEET Registration Statistics
|Candidates||NEET 2020 (in Lacs)||NEET 2019 (in Lacs)||NEET 2018 (in Lacs)||NEET 2017 (in Lacs)|
|Registered male Candidates||6.8||6.85||5.8||4.97|
|Registered female Candidates||8.38||8.34||7.46||6.41|
What after NEET 2021 Application Form
NEET admit card 2021 is released in online mode. NEET 2021 hall tickets can be downloaded using the required login credentials. Candidates must download admit card of NEET 2021 and carry it to the test centre with relevant documents. Only the successfully registered candidates can download The admit card of NEET 2021 is available only for successfully registered candidates. The admit card/hall ticket mentions personal, exam date and time, test centre address, photograph, signature and other details.
NEET Exam Pattern 2021
The NEET exam pattern consists of 4 subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, and Botany. Each subject has two sections, A and B. Section A will have 35 questions, and Section B will consist of 15 questions. Candidates need to attempt only 10 questions from section B. Each correct question carries 4 marks, and 1 mark is deducted for an incorrect response. Tabulated below is the latest NEET exam pattern for 2021:
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||90||360|
As per the NEET notification, candidates can opt for the NEET question paper in one of the 13 languages prescribed: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Tamil, Telugu, Punjabi, Malayalam and Urdu.
- Contact Number: 9599590192/9599590193
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Work Timings: 9:30 am to 5 pm
NEET Registration 2021 – FAQs
Here we have provided the answers to some of the frequently asked questions by the candidates related to the application form of NEET 2021:
|Q1. What are the documents required in filling the NEET application form?|
Ans: The list of documents required for NEET 2021 registration is a valid photo ID proof, Class 10 and 12 Mark sheet (if available), Recent Photograph, and scanned document of candidates’ signature.
|Q2. From where can I get NEET mock test for free?|
Ans: You can get a free NEET Mock Test at Embibe.
|Q3. What is the application fee for NEET 2021?|
Ans: The application form fees for NEET 2021 is:
– General: Rs. 1,500
– Other Backward Classes: Rs. 1,400
– Scheduled Caste /Scheduled Tribe/PwD: Rs. 800
|Q4. When will the NEET 2021 application form release?|
Ans: The NEET form 2021 was released on July 13, 2021.
|Q5. Do I need to send my application form 2021 via post to NTA?|
Ans: No, candidates need not send a hard copy of the NEET application form to NTA as only online registrations are valid.
|Q6. How will I get my NEET candidate login 2021?|
Ans: Candidates can get their login credentials of NEET by registering at the official website of NEET.
|Q7. How do I get to know that my application form for NEET 2021 is rejected?|
Ans: After filling in all the required details in the application form, you will be redirected to the confirmation page. If the candidate is not redirected to the same, then it means that the form has been rejected.
|Q8. Will there be any receipt provided as proof of fee payment?|
Ans: The transaction details will be mentioned at the bottom of the confirmation page. This includes transaction ID; candidates can have this as proof of payment made. No other receipt will be provided other than this.
|Q9. Can I change my address using the correction window?|
Ans: Yes, you can change the address now as the correction window of the NEET 2021 application form is open till August 14, 2021 (2:00 PM). Though the details can be edited using the correction window, candidates are advised to fill out the application form carefully and thoroughly check the details before submitting it.
|Q10. What can I do if I have made a mistake in the email ID while registering for NEET 2021?|
Ans: If you have filled the NEET 2021 application form with an incorrect email address, you will not receive the email notifications. However, if the mobile number that you have registered on the NTA portal is correct, you will receive the same notification on your phone. If both email Id and phone number are incorrect, you can register again using the correct information.
Now that you know everything about the NEET Application Form 2021, we hope that this article proves to be helpful for you. Candidates must finish the NEET syllabus with maximum efficiency to score high in NEET 2021. Embibe’s NEET study material can be of great help to revise the whole syllabus of NEET. You can also solve unlimited NEET practice questions for every subject. At this point, you must also take NEET mock tests and work on chapters and concepts you couldn’t answer or get wrong. You must master the important chapters for NEET as well.
Embibe also provides a guaranteed score improvement plan called RANKUP that provides personalized guidance to the students.
If you have any queries about the NEET application form or the exam, feel free to drop a comment below, and we will get back to you. Embibe wishes you all the best for NEET 2021!
Stay tuned to embibe.com for more updates on NEET Registration 2021598 Views