NEET Registration 2020 – The National Testing Agency has opened the correction window of NEET 2020 application form. The applicants can edit a specific set of details in their filled application form of NEET 2020. The NTA will close the NEET application correction window by January 31, 2020. Thereby candidates have been given a 16-day window to make the changes, if any in NEET application form 2020. The medical aspirants will need to login through their NEET candidate login details to edit the NEET application form 2020 (NEET registration form).
NEET Registration/Application Correction Window
There are only a specific set of fields in NEET 2020 application form (NEET registration form) that can be edited during this correction window. The NEET 2020 applicants will have to login through the official webiste using their ‘NEET 2020 Candidate Login’ credentials to make the changes in application-cum-registration form of NEET 2020.
Fields in NEET application form available for correction
- Personal Details
- Place of Birth
- Medium of Question Paper
- Choice of Exam City
- Academic details of Class 10, 11 and 12
- Permanent and Correspondence Addresses
- Details of Parents/Guardian
- Dress Code
NEET application form fields not available for correction
- Mobile Number
- E-Mail Id
NEET Registration: How to make changes in NEET application form?
The NEET 2020 applicants will need to follow the given steps to make changes in NEET application form
- Visit the official webiste of NEET/Click on the official NEET 2020 link (link given below)
- Enter NEET 2020 Candidate Login credentials (Application Number and Password)
- Click on ‘NEET UG 2020 Correction Window’ tab
- Start editing the required fields in NEET registration-cum-application form
- Click on ‘Preview & Submit’ button
- Enter the OTP sent on registered mobile number
- Click on ‘Please Do’ warning message to submit the corrections
- Take out at least three print outs of the corrected version of NEET application form
Note – The NEET 2020 application form correction is one-time facility and no further corrections will be allowed once the candidate has finally submitted the correction window by clicking ‘Please do’ button.
NEET Application Form Correction – Click here to make changes in application form of NEET 2020
NEET Registration and Application Form
The NTA had begun the NEET 2020 application form on December 2, 2019 (4:00 pm), wherein the last date to apply for NEET was December 31, 2019. NEET 2020 is scheduled to be held on May 3, 2020. NEET application form was released in online mode. Candidates were required to visit the official website of NTA (neet.nic.in) to fill NEET application form.
Note: Candidates from the Kashmir Valley were given the facility to submit the NEET application form in offline mode.
NEET application fee can be paid both in online or offline mode through SBI E-challan. Correction of mistakes in the application form of NEET 2020 will be available on the website from 15th January 2020 to 31st January 2020. In 2019, around 15 lakh students applied for the medical exam. NEET is conducted once a year and is the most important medical entrance examination in the country. Read on to find out more on NEET Registration in detail:
NEET Registration 2020
Students can check NEET important dates from the below table:
|Release of NEET Application Form 2020||December 2, 2019, Released|
|Last day of NEET 2020 Registration||December 31, 2019 (upto 11:50 pm)|
|Application Form Correction Window||January 15 to January 31, 2020|
|Download of NEET 2020 Admit Card||March 27, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Exam Date||May 3, 2020 (Sunday – 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm)|
|NEET 2020 Result Date||June 4, 2020|
|Commencement of NEET Counselling||June/July 2020|
The Candidates from the Kashmir Valley can also submit the Application Form offline by using any of the following methods:
1. Downloading the form available on the website ntaneet.nic.in and filling in the hard copy, depositing it at the Nodal Centre mentioned below and obtaining a Receipt therefrom.
2. Using a hard copy of the form available at the Nodal Centre, filling in, depositing it there itself and obtaining a Receipt therefrom. (Similarly, other centres are being opened and will be notified shortly.)
Nodal Officer: Mr Abdul Qayoom Tantray
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mob: 9596143555
Address: Delhi Public School, Athwaja, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir-190004
Google link: https://plus.codes/8J6P2VRJ+H3
NEET Registration 2020: NEET Eligibility Criteria
Students can check the NEET eligibility criteria to apply for NEET 2020 below:
Educational Requirements: 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subjects in both class 11 and class 12 from a recognized board.
Minimum Age Required – 17 years of age as on 31st December 2019/ Students must be born on or before January 1, 2003.
Maximum Age Required – The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwD Candidates.
Accordingly, the eligibility conditions regarding age limit have been revised as under:
|For Candidates of General (UR)/General-EWS||Born on or before 31.12.2003|
|For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD Category|
Marks Requirements: Minimum aggregate marks only for PCB subjects
- UR – 50%
- OBC/ SC/ ST – 40%
- PWD – 45%
- Indian Nationals
- NRIs (Non-Resident Indians)
- OCIs (Overseas Citizens of India)
- PIOs (Persons of Indian Origin)
- Foreign Nationals
Pre-Requisites For NEET Registration 2020
Before you sit to fill the NEET Application form, it is essential for you to keep the below-mentioned documents ready with you to avoid any unnecessary waste of time:
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class mark sheet
- Scanned copy of candidate’s latest passport-size photograph (size: 10 kb to 200 kb).
- Post Card size photograph (4”X6”) (Size: 50 kb – 300 kb).
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature (size: 4 kb to 30 kb).
- Left-hand thumb impression (In case of any eventuality of left-hand thumb being unavailable, right-hand thumb impression may be used.) – (file size: 10 kb to 50 kb).
Note: Aadhaar card number is no more mandatory to register for NEET exam. Foreign candidates have to provide Passport Number as ID Proof.
NEET Registration 2020: Particulars to be Filled in the Application Form
Candidates should fill the following particulars in the online Application Form:
- Permanent and Correspondence Address
- Passport Number/Ration Card Number/Bank Account Number/Any other valid Govt. Id. Number/Aadhaar Number/Class XII Roll number issued by the Board/Election Card
- State/District of Birth
- Occupation of Father/Guardian/Mother
- Educational Qualifications of Father/Guardian/Mother
- Total annual Income of Father/Guardian/Mother
- Medium of Question Paper
- Year of Class XII/Equivalent passed/appearing
- Percentage of marks/Grade in class X/ Class X and Equivalent
- State/District of Class X, XI & XII
- Minority Status
- Disability Status as per guidelines of MCI (If any)
- Type of Institution of Class XII/ Equivalent
- Belonging to Rural/Urban area
- Mode of preparation for the NEET (UG).
- State to which the applicant belongs/desires to apply
- Qualifying Examination Code
- School Education Board
- Choice of Examination Centres/Cities
How To Fill NEET Registration Form?
The below-steps are to be followed while filling the NEET registration form:
Step 1: Registration Page
A candidate can apply for the NEET (UG) – 2020 only on-line by logging on to ntaneet.nic.in.
(i) Candidate’s Name/ Mother’s Name/ Father’s Name as given in the Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/ University Certificate in capital letters
(ii) Date of Birth in dd/mm/yyyy format as recorded in Secondary School Examination or equivalent Board/ University certificate.
(iii) Candidates need to provide any one of the following identity details given below: Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits), Class XII Roll number issued by the Board, Election Card, Ration Card, Bank Account Passbook with Photograph, Passport Number or Number of any other Photo Identity Card issued by Government. NRIs Passport Number/Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits) Foreign Nationals/ OCI/PIO Passport Number/ Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)
(iv) Candidates must provide their own Mobile Number or parents Mobile Number and e-mail address.
(v) Complete postal address with PIN Code (Correspondence and permanent address) for further correspondence. PIN code of Correspondence, as well as the permanent address, should be given in the space provided for this purpose.
Step 2: Filling the Application Form
(i) The application particulars entered in Step-I can be edited before final submission of the Application Form except for Mobile No. and Email address, which may not be changed after Step-I.
(ii) Category: General, General-EWS, SC, ST & OBC-NCL are available in the drop-down list under Category option. No Caste Certificate is to be uploaded in the Online Application Form of NEET (UG) – 2020, all the necessary documents related to Caste and Community will be verified at the Counselling by concerned Central/State Counselling Authority.
(iii) PwD Status: “PwD” means Person with Benchmark Disabilities in accordance with the provisions of the Rights of Persons with Disability Act, 2016 and as per MCI guidelines dated May 13, 2019. PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category.
(iv) Choice of Examination Cities: The candidate should select any four cities of their choice for examination of NEET (UG) – 2020. Allotment of Centre is made by computer and there is no human intervention.
(v) Medium of Question Paper: Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only. Candidates opting for Hindi/Regional Language would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi/Regional Language and in English.
(vi) Academic Details (X, XI & XII): Candidate has to fill the complete academic details of X, XI & XII /Qualifying Examination. Candidates those passed should fill Code [02 to 07] against the column provided for Qualifying Examination. If a candidate does not fall within the qualifications prescribed as per Code numbers 02 to 07, then the candidate needs to furnish complete details under the column ‘others’. Candidates appearing in Class XII in 2020 should select qualifying code as 01.
(vii) Single Girl Child: This option will be visible only if the candidate has selected the option “Female” in the gender column. Single Girl Child in the family without a brother or sister may select this option. Twin Daughter/Fraternal Daughter of the family may also select this option.
(viii) Minority: If applicable, the candidate should select any one of the Minority Community viz. Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain and Parsi which is notified under the minority community.
(ix) Details of Father/ Guardian /Mother: Code of occupation, Income and qualification should be filled under this column.
Note: Only one application should be submitted by a candidate. Once finally submitted, changes can be made only during the correction window. Registration will be treated as complete only if the fee has been transacted successfully, else the form will be cancelled. However, the candidates are advised to retain the hard copy of the Confirmation Page, and a proof of fee submitted for future need.
Step 3: Uploading of Scanned Documents
- Passport size Photograph (size: 10 kb to 200 kb)
- Post Card size photograph (4”X6”) (Size: 50 kb to 300 kb)
- The photographs must be taken on or after 01.09.2019 preferably indicating clearly the name of the candidate along with the date of taking the photograph.
- The photograph should not be with cap or goggles.
- The focus needs to be on face (80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on white background)
- Spectacles are allowed only if being used regularly.
- Polaroid and Computer-generated photos are not acceptable.
- Application without photographs shall be rejected.
- The photographs need not be attested. Candidates are advised to keep 6 to 8 passport size and 4 to 6 Post Card size (4”X6”) colour photographs with white background.
- In case someone else’s photographs have been uploaded, the application shall be cancelled and the case will be considered as a criminal activity and dealt seriously.
Note: Same Passport size and Post Card size photographs are to be used for uploading with Online Application Form and for pasting on Attendance Sheet at the Examination Centre/Counselling/Admission. Applications not complying with these instructions or with unclear photographs are liable to be rejected.
- The candidate should put his full signature in running handwriting [not in capital letter] on white paper with Black Ink pen and scan for uploading.
- File size must be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
- The unsigned Online Application Forms will be rejected.
- In case someone else’s signature has been uploaded, the candidature shall be cancelled and the case will be considered as a criminal activity and dealt seriously.
Candidate’s Left-hand Thumb Impression:
- The candidate should put his/her left-hand thumb Impression on white paper with Blue Ink and scan for uploading. In case of any eventuality of left thumb being unavailable, right-hand thumb impression may be used.
- File size must be between 10 kb to 50 kb.
- Further, unclear Left-hand thumb Impression in Online Application Forms will also be rejected.
Candidate’s Class -X Passing Certificate:
- The candidate should scan his/her Class X Passing Certificate for uploading.
- File size must be between 100 kb to 400 kb.
Step 4: Payment of Fee and Status of receipt of Online Application Form with Fee
After completing the online Application Form, candidates can pay the examination fee by choosing the following options:
- Select Debit/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI Mode of Payment and complete the steps as instructed.
- Print the Confirmation Page after completion of payment.
- If a candidate fails to complete all the steps, the final submission of Online Application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful.
- Generation of Confirmation Page confirms final submission of Application Form. If Confirmation Page has not been generated, this means that Application Form has not been submitted successfully.
- If the fee is paid through credit/debit card and status is not OK, it means the transaction is cancelled. Therefore, such candidates have to pay the fee once again and ensure the OK fee status. For cancelled transactions, the amount will automatically be refunded to concerned credit/debit card after the last date of online submission of Application Form or the process of Fee Reconciliation.
Registration Fee Details:
|Fee Payable by the Candidate||General||Rs. 1500/-|
|General – EWS/ OBC – NCL||Rs. 1400/-|
|Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate as applicable|
How to Retrieve NEET Credentials?
In case you forget your NEET credentials, follow these simple steps to retrieve the details:
- Visit the official website and go to the candidate login.
- Click on ‘Forgot Password’.
- You will be redirected to the password generation page.
- Reset your password by generating an OTP or by answering the security question.
- Fill up the required fields and enter your new password.
NEET Helpline Numbers
- Contact Number: 011-22041807 011-22041808
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Work Timings: 8 am to 8 pm
- Contact Number: 1800118002
- Work Timings: 8 am to 8 pm
- Contact Number: 9599590192/9599590193
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work Timings: 9:30 am to 5 pm
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) – NEET
Question.1: When is the last date to fill the NEET 2020 Application Form?
Ans: The last date to fill the NEET 2020 application form is January 1st 2020 (upto 11:50 pm).
Question 2: What are the Opening and Closing Dates for Application form Correction Window?
Ans: The Application Form Correction Window will be open from January 15, 2020 to January 31st 2020.
Question 3: When can we download the NEET 2020 Admit Card 2020?
Ans: Candidates can download the NEET Admit card on the official website from 27 March 2020.
Question 4: Do I need to send my application form 2020 via post to NTA?
Ans: No, candidates need not send a hard copy of NEET application form to NTA as only online registrations are valid.
Question 5: How will I get my NEET candidate login 2020?
Ans: Candidates can get their login credentials of NEET by registering at the official website of NEET.
Question 6: What to do if my payment for application form fails?
Ans: In such cases, candidates can re-register for the same by paying the fees again. The excessive amount paid will be refunded through the same payment mode.
Question 7: How do I get to know that my application form for NEET 2020 is rejected?
Ans: After filling all the required details in the application form you will be redirected to the confirmation page. If the candidate is not redirected to the same then it means that the form has been rejected.
Question 8: Will there be any receipt provided as proof of fee payment?
Ans: The transaction details will be mentioned at the bottom of the confirmation page. This includes transaction ID, candidates can have this as a proof of payment made. No other receipt will be provided other than this.
Question 9: What can I do if I have made a mistake in the email ID while registering for NEET 2020.
Ans: If you have filled the NEET 2020 application form with an incorrect email address, you will not receive the email notifications. However, if the mobile number that you have registered on the NTA portal is correct, you will receive the same notification on your phone. If both email Id and phone number are incorrect, you can register again using the correct information.
Question 10: Can I change my address using the correction window?
Ans: Yes, you can change the address when the correction window of NEET 2020 application form opens. Though the details can be edited using the correction window, candidates are advised to fill the application form carefully and check the details thoroughly before submitting it.
NEET Registration 2020 is one of the important stages of NEET admission. As this examination can prove a milestone to one’s career, the exam should be taken seriously. With a bit of effort and diligence, you can prove yourself. Move ahead and toil for the paper as much as you can. You can take the free NEET Mock Test on Embibe. Also, you can go for practicing free Medical Previous Year Papers to give your preparation a complete edge. Give your best and Good luck!
Stay tuned to embibe.com for more updates on NEET Registration 2020